IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#677 10 years ago

Shadow in the house! just arrived 11:30 last night needs a good cleaning but overall very nice!

#695 10 years ago
Quoted from EZG:

Probably a silly question, but did they make any shadows with a launch button instead of the gun or are all gun-less games due to someone removing it?

are any gun mounting holes? look inside cab see if you find holes that are covered up. i bet the SHADOW knows!

2 weeks later
#729 10 years ago

Aurich its these little things in life that make it all worth it! thanks for sharing

#732 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Except he forgot to mention his daughter is 22.

the drawing says 36!

1 week later
#740 10 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

Went out to find a replacement switch (number 55 - the switch on the left in the picture). Tried quite a few stores and the switch on the right is the only one I could find. Other than the length of the strip at the top will this switch work on the table?
Thanks

20140330_011251.jpg 41 KB

just pop the original switch lever to the new switch and test GL

#742 10 years ago

GOOD LUCK!

#743 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I love my Mike Chestnut chrome shooter. Only problem is it makes me want to plate more things!

whats it cost to get the shadow gunshooter chromed?

#753 10 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

No sweat! Forgot to mention that when I installed the new decals I was concerned about aligning them properly. On the first side I used painters masking tape (the blue crap) to try to get the top and back aligned properly but it just threw me off. I wound up just eyeballing it. I used the 2nd gen decals (pinballdecals.com...I think) and they were pretty forgiving when it came to re-positioning. Just use a light touch when you are first laying the decal down and trying to work out the position. I researched the wet method for decal application but it seemed like such a mess.

alittle soapy water and squeege makes alignment easy once in place work out the bubbles LOL

#755 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

No wet method here.
Did you prime the spot after sanding and before laying the decals on ?

i decal mucles cars and the wet method is the way to go

#757 10 years ago

note assistant does not need to be pregnant

1 month later
#817 9 years ago

Finally got my phurba. Diverter working .bad trace in driver board.jumped it out and back in buisness.

5 months later
#1191 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

the ring does not have to be destoryed. but because it is very reflective it makes scanning it a pain. The scanner uses a laser to scan and lasers do not like reflective surfaces, so generally it makes for a much better scan to spray the object with something matte that wont reflect the laser. There are some materials that you can spray then clean off, but using good ole primer works the best. That is why a sacrificial ring would be ideal.. I will try to track one down.
the only problem with printing metal is that it would be expensive..

why not cover it with watercolors then wash ring when done?

#1212 9 years ago

if magnet activates try rasing the magnet closer to play field it has an adjustment.

2 months later
#1298 9 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

I was just playing and I think I hit the right orbit three times in a row(?), then on the dmd a herd of cows starting walking across the screen.
What exactly did I do to unlock that little display?

only the shadow knows!

1 month later
#1417 9 years ago

Shadow rocks. gets better All the time.

4 weeks later
#1523 9 years ago

just got to final battle for the first time. Life is good.

#1529 9 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Holy balls, guys.

Screen shot 2015-04-03 at 10.48.22 PM.png (Click image to enlarge)

and it even came with custom burn mark LOL!

#1538 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We were up late all right! Today I had the pleasure of sitting in the passenger seat as my 16 year old daughter with her learners permit drove on the freeway for the first time all the way back to her home in San Clemente. I normally have nerves of steel, but I am sure glad to be back home now.

Ta Ta drives the same way!

1 month later
#1580 8 years ago

fill that sucker with a good epoxy sand paint and clear then overlay or water slide. GL

2 weeks later
#1602 8 years ago

easy fix but the dagger may be a hard find GL.

1 month later
#1753 8 years ago

iam fine with the original but that one is nice.

1 week later
#1851 8 years ago

thats what a credit card is for it fixes everything !

#1852 8 years ago

welcome to the club!

#1872 8 years ago

https://img-f.pinside.com/201508/2631269/442519.

Quoted from PoMC:I haven't seen this alt translite before. I like it a lot because it's nearly original. Anyone have this on their pin?

_57.jpg

now thats a tranlight i would put on my shadow.

#1877 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

...because you're too cheap to buy the alternative

no i don't like the alternate trans light thats why i didn't buy it. i am fine with the original trans light. and this cheap bastard still kicked your a** tonight on your shadow and RIBION even working in a construction zone!

1 month later
#2098 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

2 weeks later
#2122 8 years ago

flippers use the flippers. sky. i would check all your connectors . GL

4 weeks later
#2244 8 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Found it, but cannot airbrush... : (

GO for it its easy!

#2247 8 years ago

Practice

2 months later
#2469 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Two questions , one does anyone know what screw goes in the gun handle mine is missing one of the two.
Question 2 how much to have chestnut do this

your first born.

#2480 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

This is a family-friendly thread, sir.

thats how families get started!

2 weeks later
#2546 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

Im gonna leave this club as well, while im not selling my Shadow though. There is just no interest in peoples's Shadows and their questions. Its just about showing off translites and other bling bling, no real content. A waste of time to check this thread.

ask LLOYD.

1 week later
#2558 8 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

o there suppose to be 4 rings and 3 mongols right?

yes but 4 mongols looks much better!

1 week later
#2572 8 years ago

Not a fan of the green dot. I prefer to match the gray and clear.

#2579 8 years ago

#71 miniplayfield. the switch was most likely not activated in a while and it threw up a credit dot. i would turn on game activate battle field and touch all switches including i this #58 the exit tube of battlefield as these don't get activated all the time. the credit dot should go away if all is well. GL

2 weeks later
#2616 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

scared that all good stuff I heard about TS was wrong,

GIVE it time it just gets better and better!

#2618 8 years ago

the left ramp is skill shot! choose your reward and shoot the left ramp. use diverter button to choose.

1 month later
#2717 8 years ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

I'm going to shop a Shadow soon. At this point I'm thinking I'll use purple Titan rubber (flippers & rings) but I'd like thoughts on other colors that might work well with the game.

check out PaulyB18 on twitch he has a shadow restore going on.

1 month later
#2911 7 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Hey guys, I'm close to finishing my restoration and I can't seem to get the diverted adjusted proper. No matter how I adjust them it still seems to make contact with the sides of the ramp. Is there a trick to keeping them from touching the ramps like a different size coil stop or something?

use a small ribber as a bumper stop either on diverter or on the ramp to limit travel.
your game is looking good.

1 month later
#2959 7 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Celebrate my swapping out that translite why don't ya! : )

i think his translate is just fine!

2 months later
#3198 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

thx...thats the same issue that happens on IJ POA if that little screw is not tight.
After looking at it closely it seems it fires to the right and left correctly but seems to snap back almost to the center sometimes. I need to buy the correct springs. It was missing springs and I had some flipper return springs I put on till I order correct ones.

I got these at AC CAR show $5. No brainer

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3200 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

send me a few which ones for shadow? manual says 10-320

ill look at my shadow and match them best i can.

4 weeks later
#3245 7 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Joined the Shadow club a few weeks ago. Great game! Two things. Does anyone have a translight they swapped out to an Aurich in great condition that they want to sell cheap? I looked into the Aurich and ultimately decided I don't want to change the original art that much. Also does anyone have info on that city scape plastic for the backboard? Mine has a dragon and while I like it it's a sticker? And looks like it's bubbling off possibly? And lastly, does anyone repro the black plastic that says the battlefield on it? Mine is cracked and needs help. And as long as I'm going what are people's opinion on replating the habitrials chrome instead of brass? I think it would look better! Would love to hear people's opinions on that.

looks better brass on Shadow. just my opinion

1 week later
#3269 7 years ago

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=appliance+hand+truck
an appliance hand truck would have kept this from happening . only $89

#3290 7 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Look closer, looks like your plastic is on upside down

looks like he needs to move a post and flip the plastic

#3294 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I originally thought it was a flipped plastic, but this doesn't look like the case as the holes would be in the wrong spot.

i don't think so look closely . by flipping it you narrow the gap between wireform and plastic so it don't get stuck.

3 weeks later
#3340 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

On my machine the two lower flippers coils are 11629 (blue color) on the right, and 11630 (red color) on the left.
The manual calls both 11629 (blue). Is this correct?

29 correct stronger coil for ramps

2 months later
#3611 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I tried mounting the light strip to, above, over and over while in front of the metal strip in the back. Always the same results for me, it reflected off the battle field and in my eyes. No bueno!
I am going to try it again but I need to find a light diffuser sheet first. I think this would be the best way to do it, but I just need to find the right stuff to make it work.

grumpy
try a strip of white electric tape over the led strip!

1 week later
#3656 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

If someone has the color code for the grey,

Art in this thread i remember someone saying a grey from a craft store matches perfectly do some digging into this thread

4 months later
#4011 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I was supposed to meet a guy at the Chicago Pinball Expo to pick up a Fish Tales, but he was a no show. I ended up using that cash for a The Shadow instead. I really do enjoy Fish Tales, but I have zero regrets about picking up The Shadow instead. I'm not sure it's my favorite game in my lineup, but I think Bram Stoker's Dracula, Congo, and The Shadow will all be staying for a long-long time in my small lineup. Three of the best bang for your buck pins in all of pinball. I still wouldn't mind adding another Fish Tales; but whenever they turn up the timing is horrible. This last time it was while my wife was in France and I just couldn't commit to buying another pin while she was out of the country. I'm sure I'll regret that decision. Anyway, I think it's a machine that could stay for quite some time in most collections. I know a few collectors that are exclusively into newer Sterns and they just don't get into the 90s era stuff, but if you are at all into the era you won't be disappointed by The Shadow.

Trifecta!

4 weeks later
#4083 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

$175 shipped in the US, $205 shipped international. Translite, speaker panel, and instruction cards.

Your price is fair its a great package if you like it id suggest it . looks great in person. I myself am fine with the original.
there should be more alternate trans lights for all games. so get to work!

2 months later
#4219 6 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Has anyone installed a Color DMD LED Display on Shadow instead of an LCD display? I'm begging to prefer the brightness of the LED more than LCD, and wanted to see pictures of a video of an LED before I pull the trigger.

no but its on my to do list. I have one on my Congo and i prefer it over my friends LCD

1 week later
#4249 6 years ago
Quoted from Lmjdad:

This just happened... Does anyone have an extra one for sale? I’m aware of the gold repros which are too gold for me..
I have some extra plastics to trade or can buy outright.
Thank you

make new tab from a wire tie, drill hole , paint gold,glue on

1 week later
#4264 6 years ago

shadow plastics and mongols
just listed these in market if someone is in need.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/56397
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/56403

6 months later
#4615 5 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

Any suggestions on how to fix/repair the diverter shaft where the set screw clamps to the shaft? Over time, the set screw moves out of place causing the diverter to have to be re-set. The set screw needs a more solid area to clamp into.

Hey Dave Grind a flat spot at point of contact.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=freddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.