IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnyfalcon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5389 5 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

You are both already on my interested list

Please add me to the 100% interested and keen list

#5404 5 years ago

Looking forward to seeing your finished work

2 weeks later
#5447 5 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Hi everyone,
I am currently having my Shadow fully stripped and refurbed to like new, would just like to know what you all would do with the legs, side rails and lock down bar, I cant decide on gloss black or fully chromed.
cheers
Trevor

Nice to see another Aussie Shadow owner.

Chrome for me, it'll always look great, whereas black may possibly lose it's charm. That said, of all 90's pins, Shadow could definitely pull it off, bringing a more modern look, especially with a ColorDMD.

1 month later
#5603 5 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Has anyone been able to illuminate the battlefield only when active? Right now I have a led strip tied to GI, but thinking it would be cool to only have it illuminate when the ball is up there.

The mini playfield flipper is only active when the ball is up there, so rigging up a relay to power some lighting should be pretty straight forward.

#5635 4 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

First final part with black chrome.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn Twist!! That looks great... just noticed the last time I took my glass off that my Battlefield shroud is starting to tear. Perfect timing with your production

1 week later
#5652 4 years ago
Quoted from Hangman01:

Shadow got some color tonight!
[quoted image]

The ColorDMD looks a must on The Shadow, the dots look brilliant. Pity it’s so expensive.

2 weeks later
#5685 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

My vote is for black flipper bats and purple Titans. Looks sooooo good.
[quoted image]

I have green Titans on mine and it blends perfectly with the car. Pic isn’t great sorry.

F085FC8A-AD8C-4466-8681-9A2D0CBE32B0 (resized).jpegF085FC8A-AD8C-4466-8681-9A2D0CBE32B0 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5748 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Starting to get there with my full shadow restore and renovation. Stripping decals, repainting the backbox, pinblades installed, repainted mongols, purple flashers, repainting the coin mechanism, and installing the color dmd[quoted image][quoted image]

Where are you sourcing the cab decals? Also what did the ColourDMD set you back?

#5751 4 years ago

What’s the feel for Shadow owners when it comes to ColorDMD; LCD vs LED?

#5757 4 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I had an LED for 2 days at first I thought I liked it but after a short while I didnt like it at all. I sent it back for an LCD and haven't regretted a thing. The colors and tones on LCD are so much better with Aurich's translite plus I have many more options with the settings. Oh and no white line reflections... either way you go it's all personal preference.

After a lot of googling and flipping through this thread, it seems the vast majority have opted for the LCD ColorDMD. Possibly more so than other titles, it seems the LCD lends itself better to The Shadow than the LED. Albeit the LED still looks great!!

The Aussie dollar sucks at the moment but I think I’ll have to pull the trigger.

#5759 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think the LCD would look better if it was a higher resolution screen. This is my issue with the LCD, doesn't look clear enough.

Even when used in dots or tile mode??

#5764 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

My problem with LCD is the colors are bland and washed out.
The LED is not only brighter (which I think looks better) , but the colors are more vivid. Especially the greens in Shadow.
I also think the classic dots look the best. And full disclosure, I've got both LCD (2) and LED (3).
Prefer LED for all future purchases. .

Ahh so many avid followers of both LCD and LED. Without having them side to side, it’s so difficult to accurately compare.

#5774 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hi, I would like to share with you our current fundraising to purchase brand new pinball machines for our local Children's Hospital, they would replace the actual machines I've placed with my wife.
Share the love and don't hesitate to PM me for details :
https://www.ulule.com/des-lumieres-dans-les-yeux/
all details : https://www.deslumieresdanslesyeux.fr/en

Sounds like a great idea, best wishes in making it happen.

One thing if you don’t mind me intruding, on your site you mention the following.

“The Project
The idea of ​​this project is to raise funds to offer gaming machines for welcoming centers for sick children.”

To a native English speaker, one coming from Australia so maybe it isn’t for all, but the term “gaming machine” here refers to a gambling machine, not something I’m sure your endorsing for children. Arcade machine/Pinball machine is probably a more friendly term ☺️

3 weeks later
#5881 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

To those interested in my second reprinting of the Shadow Cityscape, the decals have arrived! I've PM'd those on the list directly.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/73433
I have some extras so PM me if interested. Here's some feedback on the mod:
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/jonesjb/feedback[quoted image][quoted image]

Love mine. Makes a huge improvement

#5894 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just joined the club and what's the easiest way to fix this switch? It seems like about 1/3 of the time the ball will jump over the switch. The switch works perfectly. I had a similar issue with White Water and I had my friend make me a plastic that went over top of a ramp to keep the ball down. I just didn't know what most people do for this switch?[quoted image]

Flick through the recent pages of this thread, it’s been covered a number of times, Rotadave in particular posted a few times about this very matter.

#5896 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That guy is half way through making a clear Perspex extension to move the switch further along (as per the photo on my previous posts)
Only issue is the Shadow is in my apartment and I’m in my house for a few weeks. So progress is stalled.
rd

I need to drop you a line one day RD, bought a WW off Ryza many months back and still struggling to solve the GI problem. It's driving me crazy

#5904 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Im loving mine so far. Very fun, satisfying shots. Modes that stack. Hard to accomplish wizard mode. Easter egg secret mode. It has it all.
Got mine playing nice tonight. Then i went and scratched the inner right side of the cab when one of the pivot latches didnt click all the way. Im still learning this service system....
Im planning on tilt art blades any ways, but a tough lesson was learned. Now maybe I will be more careful when i have the blades installed.
Im still getting ball hang ups here out of the battlefield. Is it normal? No one replied. Im leveled side to side and im above the manual’s recommendation for pitch. It still feels a tint bit floaty but Im going to leave it here for now:
[quoted image][quoted image]

Are you checking the level on the playfield or the glass? I have mine around 7.5 deg, plays fast & mean. TS should definitely not be floaty.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-should-the-level-bubble-be

#5906 4 years ago

The bubble, per the manual. 7.5 eh? Are yall on board with this? Manual says 6.5. As is im at 7....maybe Ill put it at 7.5, id like the balls to return faster. Could always go back.

If you find it floaty, then I'd suggest it's light on. As long as your flippers are strong enough, I say ramp it up. I find all my pins play much better when at 7.5 minimum.

#5925 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Just picked up the start gun mechanism from the metal plater. Pretty happy with how it turned out[quoted image]

Few questions, was this done locally? Were their any other finishes available? Did you have to prep it? Price? Also, where did you get the grips from? ... looks awesome!

#5928 4 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

First final part with black chrome.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any updates?

#5947 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Thanks for the awesome gun grips Art![quoted image]

Looks great! Is that the walnut?

1 week later
#6044 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Those two switches are the optos.. telling the paddle to stop at the end of the rack .

Pretty sure they tell the paddle when the ball has broken the optic beam and engages the paddle.

#6045 4 years ago

Sweet!! I’ll add this to my To Do List

Nice one Dave.

2 weeks later
#6134 4 years ago

I got close the other night. Im worried once i hit the final battle ill be done with this game already. Hoping it takes me longer than a few months to get there.

I got to Final Battle on my 3rd night of ownership, and thought the same thing... possibly a bit on the easy side. Since then I’ve made Final Battle 2 more times, but it’s utterly kicked my ass in between. Best effort is 5 or 6 shots remaining in final battle but I’m enjoying it much more. It offers so much in the one pin and really fills a void in my lineup.

I have mine setup at around 7.5-7.75deg and boy it’s fast. If you find yours a little easy, ramp it up!!

#6138 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

The key is keep shooting the saucers they will spot you a shot.

Which is the saucer shot??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnyfalcon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=flynnyfalcon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.