IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dennis_b.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8648 2 years ago

Yesterday i went on a roadtrip to get my shadow. On the same day when i got home i got a message that aurich sent me the translite. Like it was ment to be, i'm a happy guy at the moment. Shadow is ok, can't play at the moment because the diverters are so messed up, nothing i hope i can't handle. Shadow needs a lot of love. Seriously cleaned the translite and the first thing that crossed my mind was , it isn't that bad to deserve all the hate. If it was on another machine it could've worked out. I think the playfield on the shadow is about the most beautifull i have seen and that why is it so out of place. Anyway UPS please run towards my shadow, happy to be in the club !

#8650 2 years ago

Removed the diverters. Mechanism is bend but i can fix that. The lower left has a white post , this doesn't make sence as it isn't long enough to reach the hole on the ramp. The right diverter doesn't have a white post but has some rings which don't seem to be doing anything and was extremely wobbly. What is the proper way to install these ? Am i missing some parts ?

thumbnail_image0 (1) (resized).jpgthumbnail_image0 (1) (resized).jpg
#8653 2 years ago

If the white nylon doesn't belong there , then wat is the groove for in the metal besides keeping the nylon from sliding down. It is floating in the air with nothing to connect to underneath the ramp if i do away with the white nylon. Could someone post some pictures of how their diverter rods are montaged underneath the ramp? Thanks !

image0 (5) (resized).jpegimage0 (5) (resized).jpeg
#8656 2 years ago

yes, i have these clips and figured out they need to be on these grooves but they are just floating in they air beneath the left ramp, i'm thinking it's supposed to be there because of the nylon slipping down.

#8660 2 years ago

Ah makes sense now. e-clip, looks like a washer underneath the e-clip and that rests on the shaft. Thanks for the pictures. That's a pretty looking mechanism. Wish mine was like that But i'll get there !

#8661 2 years ago

#epabs thanks for the pictures, does this part suppose to be straight ? mine is all bend up...

image0 (7) (resized).jpegimage0 (7) (resized).jpegimage0 (8) (resized).jpegimage0 (8) (resized).jpeg
#8666 2 years ago

Do these need to be straight to ? Both mine have a slight upwards bend. But both look the same and so clean that it looks factory.

image0 (9) (resized).jpegimage0 (9) (resized).jpeg
#8698 2 years ago

Here's some pictures of my shadow, totally cleaned up the playfield, came out pretty nice. Changed the flippers to green with translucent rubbers. which i think looks really nice with the green on the bottom of the shadow. Currently my sanctum is under surgery. Hope it'll work out as it is my first time doing any of this restoring.

image0 (10) (resized).jpegimage0 (10) (resized).jpegimage1 (5) (resized).jpegimage1 (5) (resized).jpegimage2 (2) (resized).jpegimage2 (2) (resized).jpeg
#8709 2 years ago

There was a big hole in my sanctum, if you look really close you can see an amteur fixed it but i'm happy .....

image0 (11) (resized).jpegimage0 (11) (resized).jpeg
#8713 2 years ago

Got the Aurich package today, thanks for creating this Aurich, this looks amazing ! Also made a sanctum wall with arches, for now i think it looks good. Let's see how it'll work out when everything is back on the playfield. Might need a couple of red flasherdomes.

image0 (12) (resized).jpegimage0 (12) (resized).jpegimage1 (6) (resized).jpegimage1 (6) (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#8981 2 years ago

"almost" done..

pinside (resized).jpgpinside (resized).jpg
#8989 2 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Amazing man, where did you clearcoat that ramps? and phurbas?
Regards

There's no clearcoat , just a lot of polishing.

#8992 2 years ago
sanding and then polishing with polishingpaste.

#8993 2 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I don't like the orange either. Just mentioning that mine also has orange flasher domes installed prior to my purchsse. I'm converting to blue when I do my restore. I'm not a huge purple lover, but they do work well on Shadow.
Heres my friend's game I just redid with purple domes. Much nicer.[quoted image]

I don't know it is always a work in progess i guess I tried purple domes but i think domes are plain ugly in any color. Especially on the wireframes. Just ordered some plain white ones and will try to put some colorfilm inside them.

#8997 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Nice looking game. I like how you removed the decal from the diverters.
Quick question, the Final battle scarf looks an awfully faded shade of red, is your playfield a CPR repro?

No it is no CPR just to much uv. It's a shame but at least it is evenly discolored.

#8999 2 years ago

Thought i'd share this. Anyone ever tried this? Just a cheap piece of felt. Not the prettiest but it is in a spot where my old plastics were heavily beaten up because the ball drops from the battlefield unto the plastics. I think it'll work and it is in a spot where nobody is ever going to see it.

felt (resized).jpgfelt (resized).jpg
1 week later
#9022 2 years ago

I'm not sure i put the coils back how they are suppose to be on the diverters. When in solenoids test if the system says diverter left, does the ball suppose to go left or does the diverter suppose to be left , so the ball goes right. Does it really matter because i had a hard time tightening them. Does the game use logic at some point to force the diverter to the left or right position ? Tnx!

1 month later
#9173 2 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Has anyone chromed their wire forms instead of the brass or black nickel? If so any pics on the game?

I didn't chrome them but polished them up really good as to all the brass is gone. Think it look really good if you also make the ramps shine.

Chroming them will even be better probably but i just got fanatical on them. There's a thin brass plating. with chrome underneath.

shadowchrome (resized).jpgshadowchrome (resized).jpg
#9174 2 years ago

I got my LEDOCD and GIOCD today. just installed the LEDOCD and must say it looks amazing right out of the box. Does anyone use any special settings for the shadow with these boards ? Thanks.

2 weeks later
#9187 2 years ago

Finally got my game finished, after a long shopjob. I'm missing this 02-5142 thumbscrew on my battlefield. Nowhere to be found on the internet. Does anyone have a spare? I guess i could use an alan screw for the time being but the thing is i can only buy metric screws over here and don't want to destroy the thread. Don't know what imperial thread is used on this screw. Can you guys help me out so i can order something that's appropriate ? Thanks !

22 (resized).jpg22 (resized).jpg
#9198 2 years ago

After a LONG shopjob, it was in a terrible condition when i bought it. My shadow is finally playable. It's a great players game for sure! I also got a theatre of magic and like it but somehow this game just keeps me away from controlling balls and has a lot of flow...
Still got some wishes like maybe do a matte black powder on the harnas, did anyone do that and has some pictures?
Really pleased with the way it turned out.

40aa8dd0-79c6-4013-9036-4416c962a330 (resized).jpg40aa8dd0-79c6-4013-9036-4416c962a330 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#10649 6 months ago

Hi Guys,

The mini kicker on the battlefield keeps on being pulled. There's nothing wrong with the optoswitch. So i'm quessing the transistor on the board is fried. How can i find in the manual which transistor belongs to the mini kicker coil ?

In the manual the mini kicker is J107-3 (Q46) J127-8. How do i know which transistor is used for the coil ?
Is it just that Q46 or do i need to change more ?

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dennis_b.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=dennis_b and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.