IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccbiggsoo7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1599 8 years ago

anybody got any up close pics of the battlefield plastic piece? mine is missing on game and somehow going to try to make one I guess. nobody seems to make these that I can find. need to see how it fits and the overall shape of it.

2 weeks later
#1648 8 years ago

Anyone have any pics of the black plastic shroud (battlefield) that goes around the mini playfield? Pinball life said they could prob 3d this if they had some pics and measurements.

#1650 8 years ago

Gawd knows they would sell a few if they remade them. Nobody makes em and lots of machines have cracked ones.

#1653 8 years ago

Can someone that has shadow please measure black battlefield plastic around mini playfield?

#1654 8 years ago

Maybe even post pics??

1 week later
#1676 8 years ago

could the part that brand silence posted for me be made by a 3d printer? I can't find a complete one anywhere. or could the sides be made? id be willing to pay. thanks for the pics

#1681 8 years ago

that's what pm's are for, what they don't know won't hurt them!

#1695 8 years ago

watched a few vids on vacuum molding, I guess id have to create a mold out of aluminum? I wonder if you have to put some kind of mold release on to get prototype to come off. actually have some cheap-o machines on ebay.

1 month later
#1894 8 years ago

Pomc, make sure you post pics of it installed.

1 month later
#2125 8 years ago

anyone got a old battlefield plastic shroud laying around? The big plastic piece with, "THE BATTLEFIELD" sticker on it?

2 weeks later
#2180 8 years ago

steve, sanctum sticker overlays on ebay!

2 months later
#2403 8 years ago

Im not on the list, bit i might be interested in one. How much are they??

10 months later
4 months later
#3719 7 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I swapped the flipper opto board from the right to left and the left flipper worked so it's definitely a bad opto on the board.

make sure you have the magnet on there. they shipped mine w/o a magnet!

4 months later
#4086 6 years ago
Quoted from boiydiego:

Does somebody have the mini playfield guard they would want sell to me , if yes send me a pm thx in advance

almost non existent. I looked for 2 years, just found one on ebay few months back. paid like $200 for it. but had no choice.

#4087 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Has anybody replaced the ring bulb with these..I know roadshow uses something like this .

somebody has them, I just bought some a year ago. have to look see if I can remember where.

#4088 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Has anybody replaced the ring bulb with these..I know roadshow uses something like this .

pinball life has them. #7268 bulbs

#4091 6 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

I bet someone could 3D print this pretty easily

no I checked, pinball life said it wasn't possible. I actually thought so too, but guess not????

8 months later
#4567 5 years ago

mine is the same way

2 months later
#4708 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Working on two Shadows and made stadium lighting for the one on the right. Using a Stern red DMD in the left Shadow and the red looks fantastic actually.

any modifications, or just plug and play?

4 weeks later
#4764 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Does Retro Refurbs sell decals?

pinball pt possibly!

3 months later
#5004 5 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I haven’t been keeping up enough on this thread — is the black battlefield apron still unobtanium? Curious what one goes for if you can find it?

i found one on ebay, payed about $250 i think

#5005 5 years ago
Quoted from sebo:

I built my own plastic protectors for the big plastics on the left and right in yellow, looks amazing!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

where did ya get the plastic and how did you cut them?

1 week later
#5035 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

So I have several issues with my machine, no surprises that it need some TLC when I bought it and the price reflected that but here are the current issues...
1. No GI lights in the backback (both strings are out) fuse F107 is good and the j120 pins were replaced so I'll need to pull the power driver to see what's going on in the back.
2. All the lights on column 8 are on before machine fully boots and burn very hot and will eventually burn them out. Looks like j138/139 Q91 issue?
3. While testing my Sanctum repair job and the magnet this piece fell off and I cannot locate where it goes, it's shown on page 2.28 in the manual #20 (not labeled on diagram) part # 01-13590 coil wire guard. Anyone have a picture of where it goes?[quoted image][quoted image]

ive looked all around my machine, can't find that part anywhere honestly.

1 week later
#5079 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Also, does anyone have the black plastic that surrounds the Battlefield? Mine is snapped in half

I looked for over a year, finally got one off ebay. had to pay like $250 for it, but I jumped on it. nobody makes them, almost impossible to find. prob a 3d printer is your only option.

3 weeks later
#5146 5 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

First Prototype is done
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

wow, I got lucky and found a new plastic one about 2 yrs ago, but im still making payments on it! lol! id be interested in one when you offer them up.

#5153 5 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

No problem[quoted image]

awesome work brother!

1 week later
#5200 5 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Found a better pic to explain what I was talking about (actually a screw post is missing, not a broken ear)
Any ideas where to find this part?
[quoted image]

looks like you'll have to take that off and pull out bolt from other side or drill it out, replace new bolt, good to go.

#5232 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I hope that they still fit and the powder coat doesn’t add any thickness to the wire forms when they go into the ramp holes. Has anyone else gotten them powder coated.

it does, just had a tftc ramp powdercoated, had to peel off powdercoat where it fits into another ramp, just about 1/4" i'll just touch it up with black paint.

1 month later
#5393 5 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

Short update of my black plastic replacement. All parts are laser cutted and bended.
The first one is welded. I have changed to 1,5mm stainless steel. The next to weeks this part get black chrome.
And I get the first decal for the battlefield. It is not a plastic, it is laser engraved metal.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

put me on that list as well, these are awesome!

1 month later
#5551 5 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

Is that it? Is that your refute? You slam someone and then have the balls to try to walk it back and say you are not personally slamming someone? You have posted the video of the game goofing off . . . call out the tech to look at it, it sounds like that contingency has been planned as well as paid for, and get it figured out. It is 25 year old machine, shit happens, deal with it. Speaking of doth protest too much, did you hear your self on the video!? . . .sheesh, fking drama queen.

Quoted from Swainer80:

Elevator man, save it! For some reason the Pinbot my friend bought from you, for his mom, was flaky as f**k after playing it for anything more than 15 mins. It took a while to figure out, but after seeing the flashers flicker when the flippers were flipped we found the the snubber diode leads were just twisted loosely through the flipper coil lug eyelets. Don't throw any stones buddy.

Pot calling the kettle black!!!

#5558 5 years ago

Damnit, i almost got a good buy !!!

8E68E3FE-17C8-4BF6-9386-6C4664A95114 (resized).png8E68E3FE-17C8-4BF6-9386-6C4664A95114 (resized).png

1 week later
#5589 5 years ago

mines like that too. think its normal. could always add a few washers to lift ramp up a little higher I guess.

4 months later
#6191 4 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

Hi,
Thanks for you feedback Terry. I'm happy you like it.
I have received many messages. Terry got one of the 4 prototypes. The first order is not yet completed, I'm still waiting for 24 parts of the chrome plating. Unfortunately, the chrome takes a little longer. It is not made commercially, a friend does that after work in his spare time. I wait daily for the parts.
Since I have received so many requests now, I will try to make a 2nd order, and looking for a different provider for the chrome plating. Or another surface, maybe a black slc coating.
Sascha

put me on the list too. looks fantastic!

#6206 4 years ago

def put me on the list, prob need 2 of them.

1 week later
#6244 4 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Agreed. I just got mine too, it's beautiful. Not sure when I'll install it but I did put the decal on the front (which seems like an etched metallic decal).[quoted image][quoted image]

wow looks killer! nice job twister, can't wait for mine to arrive.

1 week later
#6257 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

So currently none of my playfield flashers work but my backbox flashers do. What is crazy is the backbox flashers fire on the same solenoid as a few of the playfield flashers so I don’t think it is a driver issue as none of them would work. I’m pretty confident that it isn’t a fuse as I checked every one. Thoughts?

with a meter? your eyes are worthless.

1 month later
#6359 4 years ago

were always used to hold on skateboard rails back in the 80's

#6370 4 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

Can someone take a picture of their j121 connector on their shadow? I’m blowing f109 over and over, I’ve traced the wire back and removed all of the bulbs and it still blows upon startup. On the connector on j121 I have a white orange on pin 10 where there should have been a white green. But I don’t have a extra white green. The only white orange I have is on j115 pin 4. Any help would be appreciated.

give me 2 minutes

#6371 4 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

Can someone take a picture of their j121 connector on their shadow? I’m blowing f109 over and over, I’ve traced the wire back and removed all of the bulbs and it still blows upon startup. On the connector on j121 I have a white orange on pin 10 where there should have been a white green. But I don’t have a extra white green. The other white orange I have is on j115 pin 4. Any help would be appreciated.

DB5CCEE6-3701-4EBB-A2D7-9F4EBEA7EA25 (resized).jpegDB5CCEE6-3701-4EBB-A2D7-9F4EBEA7EA25 (resized).jpegE06653A8-6A40-421C-A21F-DAF27AC046A0 (resized).jpegE06653A8-6A40-421C-A21F-DAF27AC046A0 (resized).jpegE4F3D23A-72D0-43F1-B28B-76A8D717F7BB (resized).jpegE4F3D23A-72D0-43F1-B28B-76A8D717F7BB (resized).jpegF6D6D368-EF96-4F11-B802-E9588A8F3752 (resized).jpegF6D6D368-EF96-4F11-B802-E9588A8F3752 (resized).jpeg
#6375 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Your J120 looks toasted.

yeah it is, project game that I haven't got around to yet. lol

2 months later
#6664 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I'd almost consider that cheating--at best, it's not OEM location.

yeah def not correct

#6669 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I am trying to find these silver washer things, anyone know a source? or what they are called?[quoted image]

have them at most true value hardware stores

#6670 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

If nobody how they came from the factory then there is no wrong anser no? I doubt that every flipper could have been installed in the same exact position so if there was a particular position in the specs, it would need to be flush against the metal. But even then, not all mounting holes in the guides were in the same exact spot.
And I would not consider that cheating. If the machine was used in some sort of competition, all players would benefit from easier shot.

all the holes in the guides should be in the same place, there is a template when drilling..... and this big gap from back of flipper to the guide is def not correct. we're not talking cunt hairs here, we're talking centimeters.

3 weeks later
#6714 4 years ago
Quoted from 7oxford:

https://www.pinball.center/en/
Pinball Center in Germany. Someone is also parting out some used plastics on eBay.

their plastic sets are pretty crappy too.

#6729 4 years ago

just powdercoat them. much cheaper.

1 week later
#6760 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

What kind of powder coat looks like the original brass though?

I had seen this before. Way overpriced. The price is almost the same as what the wireforms cost new.

wouldn't worry about brass, black ramps look badass.

#6781 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

This statement is incorrect BTW.

your mom disagrees, btw!

2 weeks later
#6853 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

OK guys, so as some know my house was destroyed in the recent tornadoes. I will be unable to continue with the metal battlefield shroud project. Chris Royalty is going to pick up the project. He is the platting guy anyway so this will all workout for the better. He has twister's info and I also gave him my spreadsheet that had everyone's pinside name and platting finish they wanted on the shroud. There are for sure enough folks to make this happen with very little advertising. Chris is awesome and will get things moving asap.
Chris Royalty - pinsider sc93cobra
Hot Rod Arcade
Pinball Plating

sorry to hear about the devastation woody, just glad you came out ok. I have one of the black nickel ones the other guy did if you guys need pics, measurements, etc.

#6857 4 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

I made the next batch also. But without the plating. Woody, now Chris, make a list, and I ship the parts welded and sanded in some big packages to Chris. He make the plating and the shipping in US

awesome twister, your contribution to this game was much needed and a beautiful piece. Thanks again.

#6867 4 years ago

on top of ramp entrance

#6868 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

on top of ramp entrance

C4C29977-6AC9-41BA-8C70-A0DB779FB3D9 (resized).jpegC4C29977-6AC9-41BA-8C70-A0DB779FB3D9 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#7057 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I just finished installing my side blades from Tilt. I'm pretty pleased with them. I didn't take the playfield out. I installed them using the wet method with dish soap and water in a spray bottle. It takes two people, one to hold the playfield up and the other to install the stickers. There is very little space between the playfield and the side of the cabinet. I had to push the playfield all the way back and then lift it up and for some reason there was just enough gap to work with.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

fix your left sling rubber while you're at it. lol! beautiful machine.

#7059 3 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Hers some of Congo.[quoted image][quoted image]

I didn't hate yellow targets till I seen this!

2 weeks later
#7111 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Non magnetic is leading me to believe no

stick a magnet on your stainless steel fridge, see how long it holds.

5 months later
#7629 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Does anyone know where you can find backbox decals? My backbox is beyond saving, have a Scared Stiff backbox I will convert.

i got some, but you'll have to come by and pick them up!

1 week later
#7694 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

And here I thought you were coming to visit me. Keep your lies straight, last time I am responding to you. Ignored.
On a lighter note, someone offered me some alternate artwork I might try out. Also thanks to the PBL sale I have new rails on the way.

i guess i made your boyfriend mad, you had to have a few of them with you, remember?

6 months later
#8549 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Did any of you removed the standard speaker panel and went all black without it?
Considering to give it a try with these decals on the speakers.
The standard blue one is awful with my translite...[quoted image][quoted image]

that translite is awful!

10 months later
#9480 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Degustibus et coloribus non disputandum est.
The translite is not the point....

umhhh yeah

Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Got the new topper and installed it today, looks really good in person.[quoted image][quoted image]

just not a fan, looks cheap

#9481 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Got the new topper and installed it today, looks really good in person.[quoted image][quoted image]

just not a fan, looks cheap

2 months later
#9610 1 year ago
Quoted from FlashBFD:

Hi guys! I'm looking for a complete Shadow mini playfield. A close friend gave me his Shadow he bought as project and mini playfield have been completely ripped off for donor. In case you know someone who would like to sell complete miniplayfield(in any condition), please PM me! Thanks in advance!

i know of one for sale, but ive been debating buying it, hopefully i won't have to, i'll let ya know in a week or 2.

8 months later
#10364 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Welcome back!
Get a Pinsound board and check out my sound pack I made.. Really changes the game for the better… makes it Epic!

Also… Aurich hasn’t made the translite for awhile now… although they come up for sale here in there on the forum.
I reached out to Pinballplating as he was the guy who made the Metal shrouds originally… Didn’t seem like it was coming back in the near time future… I’d love one for mine as well..

he was the second guy to make them, first guy that came up with the idea was across seas.

4 weeks later
#10420 1 year ago

Shopping out my game and cant remember where this goes! Can anyone help?

0487A6D4-92A3-4E0F-9CB7-D66F5D6A75D6 (resized).jpeg0487A6D4-92A3-4E0F-9CB7-D66F5D6A75D6 (resized).jpeg3F87A0CE-40DD-49B6-B9B2-957A524D6668 (resized).jpeg3F87A0CE-40DD-49B6-B9B2-957A524D6668 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#10432 12 months ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

This is a most excellent suggestion, jonesjb! I will give this a try and report back in a couple days.
I don't remember this being an issue before I started the refurb but maybe I simply wasn't paying attention.

i think they all line up like this. ive always heard washers is the fix.

5 months later
#10621 6 months ago

anybody know what size pinion gear is used for upper playfield? And where to get a plastic one. Marco has rack and pinion for $108 or you can buy just the rack for 20.00 so they are basically charging almost 90 dollars for the pinion gear itself, which is just insane.

#10623 6 months ago

again, im looking for the plastic one. i have read the brass one chews up the plastic teeth on the rack.

#10625 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I see what you are saying. I just went through mine and they were fine after being rode hard. Cleaned them and greased them. The gear is held on by a tiny roll pin and no set screw on mine although there is a spot for it. If you over tighten the plastic rack screws they will strip.
More likely you are to break the metal bracket which I had mine welded but Mantis makes a nice affordable replacement. Also the rubber insulators can break but those are available too.

do you have the brass pinion gear on yours, or has anybody else on here had any luck with the brass on plastic?

#10629 6 months ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

i think there’s the one with brass inside plastic outside, no?

yeah that is the new kit they offer. gives the pinion gear strength without chewing up the rack. But just trying to get outta paying 110 dollars when i just need a 3 dollar pinion gear. they don't sell just the pinion gear in plastic by itself.

#10633 6 months ago

damn, you're the man. i owe ya a cold beer brother, thank ya!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccbiggsoo7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=ccbiggsoo7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.