IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider carl_694.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#333 10 years ago

Hey all,
Got a plating question. I am debating whether to have my ramps replated. I've seen some folks say they used brass plating, but I don't think there's a shop near me that will do that. Was planning to have the ramps get a clear powder coat after the plating to ensure longevity of the finish. Does that sound like a good idea? What else can I use other than brass? Here are the services offered by the more local company. Can I use zinc?

http://bbmetalfinishing.com/services

3 weeks later
#346 10 years ago

The arm is available through Bay Area Amusements. I bought two new ones for $35 or so.

1 month later
#404 10 years ago

Spotlight. Just where can you get them?

#418 10 years ago

Quick question. The two posts to the right of the entrance to the left divertor ramp - the ones that are below where the mongol is mounted. Are they different sizes? The one toward the front of the ramp is a bit shorter on my game, forcing the plastic to bend a little. Based on the manual, it seems that's correct (looking at the size charts) but it seems like that would make the plastic prone to breaking?

#447 10 years ago

I have the lost plastic. Love it. A bit thick, though. Haven't beaten the mini playfield yet, but doesn't appear to be a problem.

#456 10 years ago

Anyone know the proper alignment for the third flipper?

1 week later
#468 10 years ago

Congrats! How is the sanctum wear?

3 weeks later
#505 10 years ago

Hey all,
Decided to sell my used plastics to the community. Hopefully it will help folks avoid having to buy complete sets unnecessarily. They are not perfect, but most are in nice shape. Just PM the plastic you need, along with the price.i started a separate fs thread with pics and updates of what's available.

Carl

3 weeks later
#575 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

The left ramp diverter on my shadow gets a bit sticky and sluggish from time to time. Most of the time it works great but other times it will only go half way across or go too hard and bounce off the other side of the ramp.
Any ideas on a fix?
It also has the lx-4 gamecode, is this the right?

Could be loose hex screws holding the diverter. Replace with the hex caps like those used on flippers. Take one to Ace Hardware to get replacements.

#590 10 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

Are you refering to the allen set screws that set and hold the position of the diverter? Are you able to post pics of the hex caps?

Same as used in flipper mechs. Just google "hex cap screws." I can get pics if you want, but it is very straightforward. The Allen set screws are easy to strip and it's hard to get them to bite well enough. The hex caps protrude so even if the interior hex recess were to strip, you can still get plyers on them.

3 weeks later
#650 10 years ago

Search the forums for shop info. A few threads have links to logs. Very helpful.

#655 10 years ago

They are the small hex cap bolts that are used on the flippers. They should be used on the diverter as well, instead of the recessed type that came with the game. Much less prone to stripping and easier to really tighten down.

#659 10 years ago

Ace Hardware typically carries these.

2 months later
#815 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Have you checked the spring that pulls the target down, as well as the lever arm that pushes it up for alignment/wear. Also check the switch to make sure it's working properly and aligned so that it's not preventing the target from always dropping.
This is a good read about the whole target assembly if you haven't read it already:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-shadow-sanctum-target-repair#post-1285556

This is a good answer. Definitely sounds mechanical. The pivot arm thing was really worn on mine.

3 weeks later
#855 9 years ago

I refurbed mine, including full disassembly of that mechanism and it's possible, if the ball is moving quickly, to beat a target. Fairly uncommon. Happened more often before I cleaned and adjusted it.

3 months later
#1074 9 years ago

There is an armature in the wall assembly that is prone to wear.

Quoted from charsiufan:Hi
My Shadow wall doesn't seem to be dropping far enough. Is it set up too high? Was working fine and I haven't adjusted it.
Any thoughts?

Shadow Wall.jpg 124 KB

4 weeks later
#1150 9 years ago

How are the rings licensed? There's no logos on them or anything. Any copyright is expired also, right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider carl_694.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=carl_694 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.