IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 11 years ago

How well does the brass ramps hold up after 200 games or so? Doing well?

LED's for GI's on shadow are terrible. Way to dark. Really need the 360 illumination a bulb gives off, because there isn't enough GI's to make up the difference. LED's look good in the inserts tho. This is one of the cases, were LED's do not belong everywhere.

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Keep us posted. I'm always on the lookout for an LED with good 360 degree light dispersion.

yes, keep us updated, because if there is a way to brighten the playfield more evenly as with regular bulbs, that would be nice. Mostly for the GI plugs which get crispy with normal bulbs.

Also, any input on how well brass plating holds up with ball traffic?

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

I can backhand the right ramp with the right flipper for what it's worth. I am not exactly a pinball wizard either...

You might have the wrong coils in yours then. Seems a little too strong. Which is fine for you, but if you play any other shadow anywhere else or in tournament, your going to be screwed because your tricks won't work.

#137 10 years ago

But, you could backhand the right ramp, with the right flipper if you backhand it up there, then hit the diverter quick to push the ball the rest of the way up.

#144 10 years ago

I did the brick wall as well. But also put a silhouette of the shadows Shadow up against the wall. Really brightens up that back section.

#149 10 years ago

How many drivers you have? Looks like I see 3, I would assume you have 4 or more to keep them in pairs.

1 month later
#197 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Shadow in the house! Well, the garage, but hey. Took off the fugly alt translite and restored the original. I might still design a new one at some point, I have yet to see an alt translite for The Shadow I didn't hate, but the original has grown on me. I'd definitely redo the speaker panel too if I went that route.
Thinking of chroming the gun, and still going to redo the grips in faux mother of pearl to match the movie gun.

Nice AT-AT sitting. The Y wing looks like the repo one released years later, but the AT-AT look original.

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Is the black plastic that wraps around the battlefield available anywhere? Best I could figure from the manual was the part number should be 03-9229 "Mini Playfield Guard", but the part that comes up for that on pinball spare parts australia looks wrong:
http://www.pinball.co/search.aspx?searchTerms=03-9229
So maybe I'm not reading the diagram right.
Anyway, The Shadow I currently have in house has the entire right side of that thing missing, so it'd be cool to find a replacement.
E

I've never seen those for sale. You might just bend and make one yourself. Midland plastics has every type of plastic you can think of. In new berlin. Take yours there, they will tell you exactly what type of plastic it is. Have them cut you a small piece. Trim with dremel, heat and bend and your set. Get it slightly thicker so it holds up better.

2 weeks later
#213 10 years ago
Quoted from alexk3954:

Can someone please measure a few things for me?
1) The width of the backbox
2) The width of the cabinet
3) Cabinet height at backbox
4) cabinet height at the front.
I am turning my garage into a game room with a Shadow and a pool table. I am just deciding on whether I have room for an 8 or 9 foot pool table and need to know how much space my pin will take up.
Thanks!

36" at the front from floor to lockdown bar
22" cabinet width
29" head width
74 from ground to top of the head.

these measurements should be the same for all WPC normal body games with no topper.

#216 10 years ago

wow, those head decals look good. None of them have good decals from the factory. All are scrapped up. Like STTNG. Those are aftermarket head decals.

#225 10 years ago

well thankfully, for shadow, it's another one, that has every head decal destroyed.

2 weeks later
#239 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Well fellas, looks like I'll be leaving the BSD club and joining this one this evening.

You made the best choice. BSD is not that eventful. Shadow has 10x's the complexity as BSD.

1 week later
#259 10 years ago

redecalling a shadow head isn't that bad because the art is a small sticker on a black head. You don't have to go to the edges. It's a piece of cake. In fact you can do it while it's on the game. Take out 4 screws on one side, 6 on the other. Heat gun off the old. Mask and spray paint black (if needed). Throw on the new ones. Exacto cut the holes and your done. Should be done in about an hour, maybe 2 if you have to wait for paint to dry.

#262 10 years ago

I have purple LED's in the mode inserts. Looks really nice compared to the white.

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballkar:

Yeah, but its disconnecting wires and removing the head that I don't want to do.

You don't have to. Didn't you read my description on how to do it? I did 3 shadows. You could do the whole thing while someone is playing the game the entire time. No reason to disconnect anything ever.

#275 10 years ago

take a can of office duster and just spray them out with air, you would be amazed how it just blows out.

#277 10 years ago

I don't like upgrading coils just to make shots, if your flippers are fresh and rebuilt, you should have no problems making the shots. If you put a stronger coil in there, it's kinda of like a crutch, and if you play any other shadow, you won't play worth a shit. Better to keep what's suppose to be in there. it's suppose to be an accurate shot to make it. Stonger coil , i'd be worried about breaking the brick drop target.

10 months later
#950 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Gonna play the insufferable parent card here, but this cracked me up when my daughter drew it the other day and handed it to me:

daddyshadow.jpeg 100 KB

congrats on your high score of 3 million.

2 weeks later
#978 9 years ago

4 billion? was it on 10 ball? Most i've gotten was 1.4 billion I think.

1 month later
#997 9 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Finally officially in......does the membership card come in the mail or do I just print it at home?

Only the Shadow knows.......

4 years later
#6067 4 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

Any ideas on why the battlefield is not operating correctly? The kicker fires sometimes but won’t move right??

lift up the mini playfield. There is a black bracket where the side to side coil has a spur gear. That bracket has a very thin spot in one of the corners, that likes to break often. Make sure your metal bracket that has the teeth track on it, doesn't have a broken corner where the spur gear moves inside of .

3 weeks later
#6169 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone have a working Shadow soundboard they be willing to sell me? If you swapped out for a Pinsound board, etc. Keep having issues with mine and the woofer going out. Thanks.

why not just get yours fixed? If the cabinet speaker is going in and out. Probably a bad connection to your speaker, the plug going to it, the wires or the wires on the speaker itself. if you have extra speakers with the same ohms sitting around. Hook it up and see if it goes in and out or not.

#6189 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I'm wondering if anybody has this same issue, after the balls are locked in the sanctum area and are released if I don't hit the ball with my upper flipper 90% of the time they will go straight down the middle, are there any adjustments for this? I have my game set fairly steep so it plays fast but just wondering what others are doing

back isn't leveled correctly. Lift up the back left leg about 3-5 threads.

2 weeks later
#6235 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Did they build earthshaker and road show differently because they put a shaker in it? I really don’t know so curious if they did for there to be concerns on the shadow not to hold up. I’ve owned both those pins and they shook like crazy. Stronger than my sterns

yes, but if you have owned ES and RS and JP before, you will notice a lot more screws and nuts laying in the bottom of the cabinet than other games. Shakers do take a little toll on games more than games without.

2 weeks later
#6269 4 years ago

I like the LED job, not a fan of the silver sides and back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.