Topic Stats

• 6,666 posts
  • 558 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Graysonsdad
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,771 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200116_225418 (resized).jpg
20200116_225424 (resized).jpg
flip (resized).JPG
30003602 (resized).jpg
20200111_122439 (resized).jpg
20191216_121908 (resized).jpg
20200115_131749 (resized).jpg
shadow (resized).JPG
15790437858503837468966734949378 (resized).jpg
15790297376603489976081907527026 (resized).jpg
Shadow-LockArea-WithoutPlastics(but1guideRemoved) (resized).jpg
Shadow-LockArea-WithPlastics (resized).jpg
IMG_8567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8565 (resized).jpeg
Shadoiw High Scoire Adjustments (resized).png
20200111_205548 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (2 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by vireland (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brandsilence.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#971 5 years ago

Just picked up Shadow in pretty good condition. First thing that needs to be done is getting the brass parts replated. Love this game.

4 months later
#1204 5 years ago

Purchased my Shadow in great condition back in July. Haven't had to do much to it other than clean and replace rubbers/lights. Last night it was on in attract mode as i was working in my shop and i could hear the sound working just fine. Finished what i was working on and went over to start a game of Shadow and now there is no sound at all.

Total newbie with sound issues. Where do i start my troubleshooting to get the sound back?

#1207 5 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Id check your fuses to see if one popped first.

Thanks. I looked at them last night but I was tired so I didn't actually test them with the DMM. Will do a proper check tonight.

#1215 5 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Let us know what you come up with.

Fuses checked out okay. When i turned the machine back on, there was sound coming out of all speakers but the tweeter on the right. So now sound is working but sounds muffled and crappy. Wiring to the tweeter checks out okay, is there something else i should be looking for?

#1217 5 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

Try reseating connectors on board.

Thanks, I should have mentioned that i did that too. The wires to the tweeter get there via the left speaker, and the left speaker is working and continuity checks out from the left speaker. Is it possible the speaker itself stopped working? I doubt it but that's going to be the next thing to troubleshoot as i have no idea where else to look since left speaker is all good.

3 months later
#1371 4 years ago

Never done LEDs before. Your posts have inspired to put in LEDs for the inserts. Anybody have a shopping list for this that they could share? What type of bulbs are the best. I particularly like the colored LEDs under the game mode inserts that some of you have posted. Any advice is welcome.

#1374 4 years ago

You guys are so damn helpful. THANK YOU

#1382 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Good luck and happy LEDing!

I broke down fosaisu's LED list into grand totals for my shopping list and figured i'd share that here. In light of Aurich's comments, i think i'll go for the non-ghosting.

44 GREEN (4)
44 ORANGE (3)
44 RED (2)
44 WARM (39)
555 GREEN (3)
555 ORANGE (19)
555 RED (14)
555 WARM (48)
555 ORANGE BUTTON (1)
555 GREEN BUTTON (1)
#89 RED (1)
#89 RED [5 SMD Tower] (1)
#89 WARM [5 SMD Tower] (2)
#906 RED (5)
#906 RED [5 SMD Tower] (1)
#906 WARM (6)

1 week later
#1402 4 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

How does one lift the mini playfield?

always lift with your knees, never with your back

2 weeks later
#1495 4 years ago

Is there another thread that talks about adding spotlights? Would love to add these while my playfield is torn down. Anybody care to point me in the right direction?

#1500 4 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Look at them squishy cheeks.

My pleasure! Glad somebody is enjoying it

2 months later
#1593 4 years ago
Quoted from tachi:

I'm afraid to clean the playfield and ruin the artwork in the process since i'm not experienced in that area at all.

I agree with the others. Nothing about your photos indicates you need a restore, just a good cleaning. Clean it, fix the sanctum wear, buff and wax the playfield and you'll be more than happy with it. There are a lot of conflicting opinions on pinside about how to clean a playfield and i've only cleaned 5 really dirty ones, but here's the approach i've landed on: With very grimy playfields I take a first pass at the grime with novus 1 (think of this as sweeping before you mop). Then i use naptha to get up all the grime and wax and that makes the sucker very clean. Microfiber towels are your friend. Most people then go through with magic eraser and 90%+ alcohol to go after ball swirls but i have a personal aversion to magic erasers (the texture in my fingers, yuck). Then I buff with novus 2, and finish with novus 1, then wax four times.

It will make you nervous the first time but after you do it you'll think "why was i nervous!?"

Good luck!

3 weeks later
#1656 4 years ago

I have mine dismantled right now so i can measure and take some good photos tonight and report back tuesday morning if nobody else gets to it first.

#1664 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Can someone that has Shadow please measure black battlefield plastic around mini playfield?

Here are a ton of photos with a ruler for measurements. My battlefield skirt has some damage, but i think this will give you what you need. I got home late from work so i didn't have the best light - hopefully these will help. It's gonna take two posts because the design of this piece is asymmetrical and i wanted to be sure you had what you needed.

IMAG0470.jpg

IMAG0475.jpg

IMAG0474.jpg

IMAG0476.jpg

IMAG0477.jpg

IMAG0478.jpg

IMAG0479.jpg

#1665 4 years ago

here are the rest. Because it's black it's hard to see, but where i've got the ruler in midpoints i'm measuring at the seam/bend in the plastic.

IMAG0482.jpg

IMAG0483.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

IMAG0484.jpg

IMAG0485.jpg

IMAG0488.jpg

IMAG0490.jpg

#1667 4 years ago

Sure, give me a day or two as my teardown hasn't reached that far yet

4 weeks later
#1833 4 years ago

goddamn now i gotta put another $400 into my shadow!

1 month later
#1998 4 years ago
Quoted from Ika:

Would love some budget suggestion about other pins with same quality

I think Johnny Mnemonic is a good compliment to this machine.

2 months later
#2281 4 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

ramps had broken tabs

This is a problem mine had. Deflection from the broken ramps absorbed momentum and kept a lot of ramp shots from going in. Replaced with these amazing ramps from Mantis http://www.mantisamusements.com/shadow.htm and don't have that problem any more.

#2285 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Ugh, I wish I didn't know those existed! Just a matter of time now. $$$

RIGHT, sorry! I didn't know about them either until I wanted my previous ramps repaired and re-chromed but couldn't find anyone who would repair. I cringed at the cost myself but they really are a thing of beauty (especially after chrome plating them) - the stock ramps feel like toys compared to these.

3 months later
#2562 3 years ago

Thanks so much, i like this much better than the cityscapes.

1 week later
#2570 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does anyone have any of the smaller sized Sanctum overlays for the game? All I can find are the larger ones on Ebay. The overlay looks like the one in the picture below. I emailed the OP of that thread a while back but didn't hear anything back so he may no longer be making them.

I send a DM to Trident as well. I would LOVE to get the green dot. I'm considering making a run of them myself if i can't find one in the next week or so.

Could anybody with this decal tell me what the diameter of it is?

5 months later
#3000 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Mike did my Shadow gun's chrome too. Can't remember if I've posted this photo in this thread or not, but I had some custom wooden grips made, and then drilled them out to embed silver dimes from 1930, the year The Shadow was first on radio.
I kinda want to stain them darker, but please with how they look and feel.

Aurich, where did you get these wooden grips made? Ever since you posted this i keep thinking about it. Please share source and info if you can. Thanks!

#3014 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I can have a good game, a great game, and 2 weeks of crappy games.

THIS.

I was feeling like i finally leveled up with my skills on this game because i made it to the final battle 3 times in a weekend. I haven't had a game over 500MM in the 2 weeks since then and most under 200. This game kicks my ass over and over and over. But so much fun.

1 month later
#3182 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

ramp divertor question....both f my springs are missing....The correct part number is 10-320 and seems most have them in stock. But they seem so short in the pics. Like 1 inch..the distant it covers seems like 2-3 inches. Is this the correct spring? thx

I just replaced my my diverter springs with the stock part 10-320 from marco and it's working great.

1 month later
#3325 3 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

I would also recommend checking the welds on both ramps.

This! I had to replace mine and that'll set you back a bit - good to figure it into cost if you'll need it. http://www.mantisamusements.com/shadow.htm

2 months later
#3500 2 years ago

I'm interested in the battlefield light mod for sure.

1 month later
#3654 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Did you put Mylar on top of it? How about some details on how you applied the kwik wood?
Thanks!

per3per3 I used JB weld epoxy but it would be the same process with kwikwood. Here are my photos and notes http://benhusmann.tumblr.com/tagged/Sanctum

3 weeks later
#3700 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I've tried various color in the backglass but keep going back frosted cool whites.

I've also tried colors - i'm back to all frosted warm whites (cool probably looks better but i had warm in bulk), and two reds for the scarf and one green.

3 months later
#4050 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

but essentially just remove the foam and push a black rubber for a post onto the bracket, then cut off the top part. This gives a nice firm rubber so the target doesn't bend back as much and launch the balls.

thanks, i'm gonna try this!

3 months later
#4254 2 years ago

Love those grips. Can't wait to get mine!

3 weeks later
#4283 2 years ago
1 week later
#4323 2 years ago

Any idea how i can find replacement hardware for the gun grip fasteners? Went to put on the my awesome new wooden grips and realized i was missing one of the sets, then promptly lost the one set i had.

Doh!

3 months later
#4465 1 year ago

wolfy - JB Weld is what i used. There's a lot pinside about sanctum repair - great threads to read:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-sanctum-repair-updated

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-sanctum-repair-2017

Here are my photos from when i did it. I used the green dot sticker because i didn't want to paint the entire grey area.
https://pinballnights.com/tagged/Sanctum

3 weeks later
#4508 1 year ago

I have several green dots i'd part with. If you need one, DM

Added 21 months ago: I don't have any more green dots, sorry!

#4518 1 year ago

I don't have any more green dot stickers. Sorry!

3 months later
#4744 1 year ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I'm curious if anyone has plated all the ramps and habitrails, etc in chrome and have some pics? Everyone seems to prefer the brass on this game and I am not a fan at all.

I did the two ramps in chrome and the rest in brass. I can send photos of the chrome ramps. When i got my stuff plated, Mike talked me out of chrome for the wireforms - making an argument for keeping it more like the original and making it easier to sell if i ever choose to. I think it would look great either way, but i do like the brass now that the machine is super minty. no regrets here.

8 months later
#5492 9 months ago
Quoted from Nds777:

twister The black chrome coating is nice but if it’s giving you difficulties, I would buy one without it. I could get it powder coated or chromed locally.

ME TOO!

1 month later
#5700 8 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Thanks. My left ramp has some welds popping. Nothing major yet but I might buy a set of mantis ramps for the future.

My ramp welds were shot and i got the mantis ramps. I was already re-plating all of the wireforms so i had the mantis replacements plated at the same time and they look amazing and work just fine.

I'm not the kind of guy who gets stuff powdercoated unless it was powdercoated originally, but if you are going that route you should scroll through the history of this topic for inpiration. There are some very good examples, and some very bad examples!

1 month later
#5854 7 months ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

Does anyone have a lead on where to get the gun grip replacements? Is there a way you can use a real gun grip as a substitute?

I got @oldpinguy wooden grips (highly recommended). But DM me about taking my old plastic grips off my hands.

2 months later
#6219 4 months ago

Just hooked up the Pinshakers shaker mod in my Shadow and having a real good time playing the game with a nice rumble. I've attached photos of the install - everything was super easy to install and connect, and the instructions provided were thorough. Robert from Pinshakers was super helpful with a question I had about the power supply, and all in all i think it took about 30-45 minutes to install (with a relaxed pace). I've got it hooked up to the flashers and still tweaking to find the right balance with gameplay. The other thing that's cool about these kits is that I can move it all to any other WPC era machine if i so choose, and the only destructive part of the install is drilling the holes to mount that shaker in the cabinet. Good stuff!

IMG_2435 (resized).png
IMG_2436 (resized).png
IMG_2456 (resized).png
IMG_2458 (resized).png
IMG_2470 (resized).png
IMG_2471 (resized).png
9D75846E-5BBF-4979-B9FA-9D1BEDC115CA (resized).png
IMG_2514 (resized).png
20CDA297-35C3-4EA8-AA87-6B0F8A5E0696 (resized).png
IMG_2473 (resized).png
IMG_2516 (resized).png

1 month later
#6356 86 days ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Does anybody know where I can find part 02-5041-15G Fastener butthead? It’s the piece that the bolt screws into on the gun handle. See pic attached. Thank you.

I have been looking too. When i bought my shadow it only had a single set. I've tried a lot of different possible replacements but not found anything right. Would be very interested in a good source!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations
$ 13.00
Playfields
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brandsilence.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside