IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YKpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1232 9 years ago

My Shadow shipped today! Going to take 2 weeks, but can't wait. Glad to be part of the club!

1 month later
#1319 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

So after I was under the pf taking pics, my wall started to act up. I think the issue is whether that bar my finger is on should be down (or not) when the target is up. Can anyone help? Is this pic correct? Should that bar be down hitting the switch when the target is up?! The bar goes down due to gravity, but I'm thinking it shouldn't be. Help.

I'm about to work on my shadow so I'll go check to see what mine looks like. But in the mean time it's really important that you keep the entirety of your yellow targets clean, particularly underneath the metal washers that slide along the runners in the back. Clean the washers touching the plastic as well. (Having sticky drop targets caused me some switch errors and was shutting down my battlefield). Get a Q tip and some novus to get all the black off the back of your drop targets. Will post later after I check the position of the metal bar.

#1321 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

So after I was under the pf taking pics, my wall started to act up. I think the issue is whether that bar my finger is on should be down (or not) when the target is up. Can anyone help? Is this pic correct? Should that bar be down hitting the switch when the target is up?! The bar goes down due to gravity, but I'm thinking it shouldn't be. Help.

Here are some pics of mine, which works great. Looks like your switch is oddly bent?

Shadow drop 1.JPGShadow drop 1.JPG Shadow drop 2.JPGShadow drop 2.JPG
#1327 9 years ago

OK so had a hilarious adventure in pinball last night. I opened up my Shadow to replace the coil sleeve in the VUK. That was kind of a pain cause there's so many wires there, but anyway, everything goes fine-ish.

Close up the machine, fire up the game and test the VUK. Seems to work a bit better... and then...

Clunk thump

WTF was that? Great, now my left diverter doesn't work. Oh well, heading over to my friend's house to play his TFTC, i'll look into it later.

Come home, open up the machine and yeah... the solenoid housing snapped, coil dropped into the cabinet.

I see there is a long bolt that doesn't match 3 other bolts holding the casings together. And there was no nut on it. OK dunno what was going on there.

So here I am trying to figure out how to bolt the thing together while missing a bolt hole in one corner. Long story short, I grabbed the duct tape. Tightly bound the metal brackets together and now it's back in action, a lot smoother than before. It always did seem clunky. Glad I just bought this thing from a company that guarantees parts.image-802.jpgimage-802.jpgimage-495.jpgimage-495.jpgimage-729.jpgimage-729.jpgimage-140.jpgimage-140.jpgimage-631.jpgimage-631.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#1329 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Good luck finding that left diverter bracket. Impossible to track down.
I would take the pieces to a metal shop and see if someone can weld it back together.

My buddy lives next door to a welder, I'll take it there and see what they can do. I'd unfortunately have to put my machine out of commission in the meantime

#1340 9 years ago

Just got my Aurich translite in the mail. Looks awesome, thanks Aurich!

1 week later
#1348 9 years ago

Poor bones. I have 2 dogs and 1 is a shepherd mix. Great dog name for a ST fan.

1 week later
#1360 9 years ago

A buddy did some original art for my shadow, bottom left insert. It looks pretty sick. I love this machine so much I don't think I could ever part with it. Aurich alt translite too. Can barely help myself from drooling when I walk past.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#1364 9 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I want this game back....I never understood the rules with the diverter ramps. Seemed like too much work but now I'm up for the challenge

It actually only takes a few games to figure it out. The rings are flashing, each time you hit the ramp you are trying to light a flashing ring. It will go solid. You switch the diverter to the other direction and try to light the other ring. And so on.

You feel like a boss when you can use them perfectly to optimize your chances at hitting your shots.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YKpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=YKpinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.