IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RTS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2475 8 years ago

Can anyone take a picture of the configuration of switch 55 from underneath the playfield, the battlefield drop target? Specifically, the wiring and diode configuration.

Trying to troubleshoot bizarre behavior after replacing the switch. Thanks.

#2478 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Can anyone take a picture of the configuration of switch 55 from underneath the playfield, the battlefield drop target? Specifically, the wiring and diode configuration.
Trying to troubleshoot bizarre behavior after replacing the switch. Thanks.

nevermind. resoldered a different diode, and all good.

1 month later
#2594 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

The blank targets have all been machined. Once an order is placed, and the style is selected, I'll machine that style and ship.
This will cause NO delays. I have the machine set up and ready to run the drop target faces.
Just contact me for payment info...

I got the target for my game, and it's a much stronger plastic. Even without the lighting effects, it's a better target overall.

The original target is flimsy and very crappy in comparison. This target is a vast improvement. And visually, it looks way better. It illuminates the area nicely. The kit comes with a white bulb, but was easy to change to red which works well with the brick pattern.

20160311_194017_(resized).jpg20160311_194017_(resized).jpg

20160311_221402_(resized).jpg20160311_221402_(resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#2636 8 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

No, its gummed up and needs to be cleaned.

No, it's normal.

You have to make a set number of hits (30 the first time) before the back targets drop.

#2643 8 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

They should drop every time you hit them. They just stop coming right back up after 30 battlefield hits.

Yes, you're right. The guy's question was a bit vague. I thought he believed they should always stay down when hit.

Quoted from PinballNewb:

So how does one go about cleaning the drops correctly? I have the assembly off but the targets themselves are riveted in. The best it looks like I can do at this point is use a brush and get down in as much as I can.

20160402_190219_(resized).jpg

Carefully remove the C-clips holding the targets to the board. You should be able to separate the green board from the targets. Clean the mechanical mechanism and the plastic targets if there is a lot of dirt. The clips are visible in the picture you posted. There are 4 of them

From what I see from your picture, they don't look particularly dirty. Manually push them to see how easily they snap down. If they don't drop or drop slowly when your finger pushes it, they're probably gummed up, and I'd use a q-tip and rubbing alcohol. If they snap down fast and slide up smoothly, they ain't dirty.

1 week later
#2662 8 years ago

I know we can add spots to the upper battlefield to give it better lighting, but is there a way to illuminate the battlefield only when it's active with a ball up there, and then goes out again once the ball is gone?

Has anyone made a mod for this?

#2682 8 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Good idea!
Maybe somehow wire it with the ball kicker since it is only active when the upper playfield is in play.

I've thought about that, but I don't think you can just "wire" it. I think it needs a small logic board to provide illumination to the battlefield only when it's active.

Perhaps using a mod like the pig board, maybe. Someone smart must know how to do this.

2 months later
#2931 7 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Having some trouble with my battlefield enterence drop target, sometimes it works flawlessly no matter how long I play, sometimes it works for a few games then stays down, others it does not work at all,
During test when trying to activate the target during times its not working I get a strange pulsing noise.
I've pulled and cleaned the mech and everything looks fine, any ideas where to be looking for the problem?

I had intermittent issues that I fixed when I disassembled and cleaned the target and adjusted the switch.

My original yellow target was very flexible and was inconsistent. After I replaced it with the harder plastic target, it was been working flawlessly. Much snappier and totally dependable. And looks way better too.

1 month later
#2984 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

They arrived, but they forgot to add the connection at the end, and are being redone for release soon I hope.
I grabbed a bunch and installed a few..
I'm very happy.
I'm out of town and can't post it until official release, but will try to send you pic or video when I return next week.
I am still toying with other applications as it lights inside ramps, outside ramps sides, back etc in a unique and different way

Would it be possible to have this battlefield LED strip only be lit when there is a ball on the upper playfield, ie, just when the paddle is active?

1 month later
#3106 7 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Has anyone noticed that when you shoot the scene hole next to the right ramp and quickly pull the trigger you initiate a duck quacking sounds.

Well, if we're revealing tricks about shooting the trigger during a game, give it a try in the middle of the "Duel of Wills" video mode.

It is very helpful for the EB.

1 month later
#3268 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

The Shadow did not apparently want to welcome me back into the club last night
Luckily with tipping upside down the vast majority of glass didn't get into the game or cabinet, still wanted to cry.

You are not alone in the upside-down Shadow experience. I was moving my Shadow down three narrow, steep steps. The wheels got stuck on the last step, so I pushed it forward until the center of gravity got away from me. I flipped over with the game holding onto the hand truck.

I had completely wrapped the game with thick blankets. I managed to avoid damage (except to my pride). No broken glass at all.

shadow flip (resized).jpegshadow flip (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#3328 7 years ago

After years of ownership, I finally beat the Final Battle, becoming a member of that club.

Getting a new color LED display last week rejuvenated my focus.

20161118_135140 (resized).jpg20161118_135140 (resized).jpg

#3331 7 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Kick ass RTS!!
I just started tearing mine apart for a restore. Hopefully, I can get it back together by Christmas and begin my quest for the Final Battle!!
Any tips for us noobs?

My game is on factory settings. It helps to focus on starting scenes. Starting all the scenes is usually the hardest requirement for me. You need to average starting more than one scene per ball.

I also rely on extra balls. You earn one for finishing the Battlefield (you still need to collect it at the scoop).

It also helps to get the extra ball during the "Duel of Wills" video mode. A key trick to get that extra ball during the video mode is to use the gun trigger. If you pull the trigger, it will clear the screen and give you a few seconds to score the targets without risk. One of the targets is an EB reward. Try to play the video mode as long as you can before pulling the trigger - the EB target shows up toward the end. This extra ball is instantly awarded - no scoop shot needed.

3 weeks later
#3357 7 years ago

Your lit battlefield is nice, but when is someone gonna figure out how to only light the upper playfield when it is active?

A mod like that would probably sell to almost everyone who owns a Shadow.

#3363 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Before doing this, I was looking for a thin, magnetic, motion-activated LED light strip. I found a few for $10 on Amazon that are about 5 inches wide and an inch deep that might've fit either at the front or to the right of the Battlefield, but it probably wouldn't have worked reliably enough.
amazon.com link »
Thoughts on that one?

An interesting idea for sure. It's cheap enough to give it a shot.

There has gotta be someone clever enough to figure out how to work something out.

#3367 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

You have the LED or LCD? I want to see the LED

As others have said, the true vibrancy of the LED colors are not properly captured. It looks amazing and very bright in person.

Check the reflection of the red in the playfield glass to see how deep the red really looks.

20161111_155054 (resized).jpg20161111_155054 (resized).jpg
20161111_154817 (resized).jpg20161111_154817 (resized).jpg

#3381 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

How many people are interested in this? Are you willing to build your own boards? Or does it have to be plug and play?

Plug and play is preferred.

But If you can make a working prototype, I'd be willing to build my own board provided there were clear instructions on what components to buy, and how to assemble and install.

1 week later
#3417 7 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Just replaced Aurichs great translite with this beauty. Love it, think this one will stay!

This is the best of the bunch for sure. Looks great.

Only wish the lettering was in green to match the lettering on the apron.

1 month later
#3484 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Four seconds might be a little long on the delay, but it shouldn't be a big deal if it's on slightly after losing the ball.

Some of my most successful battlefields happen when I keep the paddle still and it bounces back and forth multiple times. Not sure if 4 seconds might not be a safer default. I'd hate to have to move the paddle to keep the lights on when keeping it still is working on the hit total.

It's tough to know for sure. But in any case, I'm interested as well.

1 week later
#3539 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Well I checked a bunch of suppliers for the best part prices and lowest shipping cost. The battlefield lighting mod (leds not included) is going to run $48.00 + $4.00 US for shipping in the lower 48 states. Let me know (PM me) if your still interested as I will start ordering parts on Monday.

Do you have video of a working prototype?

3 weeks later
#3582 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

» YouTube video Lets see if it works.

It works. So how/when can we order?

1 month later
#3726 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Hey guys,
Having an issue where the yellow paddle on the battle field is constantly firing once the ball enters the upper play field. I'm sure there is a switch that is stuck to close up there making it think the paddle has just been hit by the ball. Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Craig

Check the opto switch on the battlefield. When the opto path is blocked, it fires the coil.

It sounds like the opto may be dirty or possibly a loose wire/solder at the opto.

3 weeks later
#3792 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

the shafts for the divertors on the ramps are so sloppy I was looking at them and there is a pretty big gap in between the shafts and the playfields. anybody recommend or put a bushing in there?

I drilled a flat wide washer to the underside of the playfield to act as a guide for the diverter shaft.

It was easier to drill holes into the washer than I expected. A Google search provided instructions on how to do this.

3463_org (resized).jpg3463_org (resized).jpg

5 months later
#4221 6 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Has anyone installed a Color DMD LED Display on Shadow instead of an LCD display? I'm beginning to prefer the brightness of the LED more than LCD, and wanted to see pictures of a video of an LED before I pull the trigger.

LED display pics are in post 3367. Here is a link.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/68#post-3489307

4 months later
#4456 6 years ago

Looking for Shadow main cabinet decals, (mosty just the left side).

Anyone selling or know where they can be bought?

1 month later
#4563 6 years ago
Quoted from KrazyIvan14:

Hi, I'm looking at picking up The Shadow or Tommy as my next pinball for the gameroom. Does anyone have the width of the backbox? I've seen everything ranging from 27-30" on-line, my door frame tops out at 29" and I'm not looking to take it off again. Thanks in advance.

Shadow is 28.75". ( I just measured it.)

It will be a tight fit with just 1/8" on each side, but it will fit,

1 month later
#4593 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Love the look of the red DMD. Hadn't seen that before. It goes beautifully with the red in Aurich's design.

Red is not bad, but if you're making a change to the display, go color DMD.

The color LED on this game looks great, especially the green color in the score numbers.

1 month later
#4705 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

My cabinet speaker works, but is very quiet. I sent out the board for repair (thinking that’s where the problem resided), but to no avail.
I have a pinnovators board for an external sub, and the sub is also quiet (but works). Any others with this problem or suggestions?

Check that standard adjustment setting 28 Minimum Volume Override is set to "Yes."

#4707 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Hmmm. It was set to No. Changed it to Yes, no difference.

Not really sure what the issue would be. I also have the same set up with a pinnovator board and an external sub.

I could only suggest disconnecting the external sub to remove that variable. Then check the wires and connectors on the board.

4 weeks later
#4753 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I encountered a problem tonight with my upper playfield paddle. It stopped kicking the ball forward. I checked the switches and everything is ok except when I go into solenoid T.4 15 Mini Kicker it is not pulsing. Is this the paddle kick? I'm assuming either a wire came loose from the coil or the coil is bad? I just wanted some opinions before i tear the playfield off and try to diagnose.

You don't need to "tear the playfield off" to check for a loose or broken wire on the battlefield.

The upper pf will lift up like a car hood. Just remove the thumb screws, before lifting it up. No tools required.

3 months later
#5042 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Sometimes my TS will think the ball drained when I am still playing. Sometimes it will spit out two balls. Most of the time it plays normal. All the trough optos seem to be working ok in switch mode. It seems to happen randomly. Anyone have any suggestions?

Did you recently replace any switches with diodes?

I had a similar experience with strange behavior on my Shadow, and it was because I installed the diode backwards on a newly replaced switch.

Reversed it, and everything was good.

2 months later
#5267 5 years ago
Quoted from RockBass14:

Are there lower profile spotlight shades out there

Check out the Led Flex bulbs from Comet.

It will allow you to bend and aim the light while still providing clearance for the pf glass without interfering with the ball on the battlefield.

2 months later
#5593 5 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

Ok, definitely not seated all the way. Take a look at difference in backboard. Problem is I don’t see anywhere that I can make an adjustment. In the second photo it shows where the base of the kicker assembly is bottoming out on the plexi guard piece on the playfield.
Any ideas?
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Lift the mini playfield up and reseat it .

It is hinged and lifts up like a car hood. Probably wasn't aligned properly the last time it was set back down before it was tightened.

1 month later
#5763 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

My biggest problem with the LED displays is they are too bright even when turned down to the dimmest setting. Plus I like having options of what to display. I've really grown in love with the Scan mode of the LCD.

My problem with LCD is the colors are bland and washed out.

The LED is not only brighter (which I think looks better) , but the colors are more vivid. Especially the greens in Shadow.

I also think the classic dots look the best. And full disclosure, I've got both LCD (2) and LED (3).

Prefer LED for all future purchases. .

1 month later
#6061 4 years ago

I saw this topper from the ACNC thread and thought it'd be a cool mod to flash during the multiball as it kind of copies the DMD. It's a Gemmy LED projector.

Anyone know how it could activate only during MB?

6 months later
#6626 4 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

There are some things that need to be fixed, but currently busy repairing other machines

That credit dot might represent a beneficial error that helped with your high score.

#6658 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

hold the right flipper it puts the ball in the khan hole 99% of the time.

This makes the Khan shot too easy.

The super jackpot is a gimme this way, plus starting modes is no challenge either.

Shadow is one of my favorite games because of the brutal challenge.

1 month later
#6847 4 years ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

I’m trying to figure out what the call out is the says “what in the __ was that” I can’t make it out.

I thought it was "What in Christ was that?!"

2 months later
#7140 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCount:

I agree, I never noticed till I saw his post. Why would a shade of blue difference on the PF matter on a game most people change out the original trans on?

Had the different shade of blue somehow been associated with an LE version back in the day, pinsiders would be scrambling to have that color.

I've had the game 10 years and I honestly don't know for sure which is the original from that picture. I'd actually have to go look at my game.

People have no problem sticking a big round ugly green sticker to cover their worn sanctum area. That, I can notice.

#7153 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Because of the high quality dcs mix, upgrading the speakers alone gave me a nice boost in fidelity, and plenty of bass. I’m a huge pinsound fan but it’s not necessary for the shadow.

I went the other way.

Adding just a subwoofer on my Shadow made a huge difference. No need changing the speakers.

Cranking the volume up is like theaters showing Earthquake in Sensurround back in "74. Really rumbles, enhancing the experience.

6 months later
#7883 3 years ago

Question to all you Shadow experts....

What is the best way to fix the occasional ball hang-up from the LEFT diverter when it's feeding to the RIGHT habitrail (back to the right flipper)?

On weaker shots, the ball can be moving so slowly, that when it hits the actuator on that microswitch, it gets stuck and I have to open the glass.

I remember seeing a fix for the switch, but I'm unable to locate the post. Also, can that microswitch be easily swapped with an opto switch? (I've got a spare opto board in my toolbox.)

#7891 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I highly recommend the new MRS switch from sonic . I had the same problem and his magnetic switch works perfectly.

I just ordered the switch from Matt this morning.

Appreciate the responses.

2 months later
#8241 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I wonder if putting something like a delrin or similar bushing with a semi tight tolerance to the diverter shaft in the hole in the ramp or hole in the play field to stabilize the diverter might help

I used a thick washer screwed under the playfield. See post here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/76#post-3734248

cf7e00189c8432b1a0a44047a786538bbce0c0e5 (resized).jpgcf7e00189c8432b1a0a44047a786538bbce0c0e5 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#8306 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I can’t think of a single shot in the game that can be backhanded from a trap.
Sorry I don’t know the specific, measured angle of my flippers. It’s just harder to trap on shadow than it is game of thrones or stranger things.

After I rebuilt my flippers, I can backhand the left ramp from the left flipper.

And before I rebuilt my flippers, I could occasionally backhand the mode start from the lower right flipper.

1 month later
#8472 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

A great idea ,well executed!
Scott comes up with some cool stuff,with his electronic skills I would have made the 4 knobs micro leds with each led tied into one of the saucer insert lights.
With where it is positioned Is the view of the ball in the saucer obscured from the players view?

I just installed this mod.

My immediate impression was blocking the saucer was a vast improvement. I wasn't thinking about it making any difference, but it just instantly seemed better to me.

Watching the ball sit in the scoop and do nothing was anti climactic. Blocking it adds mystery.

Also, shooting a ball through the tunnel created by the radio makes the ball look like it's moving faster and the shot is more dynamic

I never thought the saucer area needed anything, but the radio fills it perfectly.

My only issue is the ghosting led bulb that came with the radio. It has a constant flicker effect. I'm convincing myself it adds authenticity to the effect of an old tube radio.

I think colored tiny led's for knobs indicating the specific function would be cool, but it would not be consistent with the era of the radio.

#8474 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Very cool, can you please post a picture?

I replaced the provided white bulb with a spare amber bulb I had. The radio has an amber filter so the provided white bulb looks amber as well. I was just comparing. Both were similar.

20210503_173310 (resized).jpg20210503_173310 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#8541 2 years ago
Quoted from KrazyIvan14:

Would be grateful for some more advice. I’m still trying to fix my gi issue and have been reading about j120/121. I was going to change my flashing gi / brown wire (1/7) to run on the working orange wire (2/8) to see if that works (and so I can definitively determine whether it’s a board problem). In doing so, I noticed that my wiring doesn’t match up to the guidance on https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#General_Illumination_Problems
Can anyone tell me if yours is wired as the way in the wiki or in my photos? Appreciate the help, thank you
[quoted image][quoted image]

If you have positively identified that the brown GI string is out, the best way to determine if it's a board problem is to remove the board and check continuity on the circuit. I've wasted more time being lazy not wanting to remove the board.

It is the most efficient method. It's also the most likely cause of the broken circuit.

Just run continuity and I'll bet you'll find the problem.

GIBuzzBrown (resized).jpgGIBuzzBrown (resized).jpg
#8545 2 years ago
Quoted from KrazyIvan14:

I have no idea how to run continuity. Assuming it’s the board, what are my options? Can something like this be repaired? It’s definitely beyond my abilities. Or am I looking to buy a replacement?

If you have no experience using a DMM or soldering, sending out the board makes the most sense.

Checking for continuity simply means placing the two probes of the DMM at each segment of the circuit shown in the graphic, and listening for a tone at the proper setting.

A tone indicates an unbroken path which is good. If there is no tone, you could solder a jumper wire on the backside of the board between the points to complete the circuit.

Any burned headers and connectors should also be removed and replaced which takes a little practice with soldering skills. This is considered a DIY repair in time.

There is a lot of info available on performing these GI repairs. because they are common. It's definitely reparable.

#8547 2 years ago
Quoted from KrazyIvan14:

Thanks all for the advice. Two additional questions:
1) Is it better to have the board repaired or buy one is free from damage (there's a couple listed in the marketplace here). The cost difference is negligable (looks like $100-$200), I just don't want to be going through this again.
2) The rerouted GI stills works, but my playfield lights (lower playfield and part of the battlefield) are out / blew a fuse. I'm having a harder time figuring out the lamp matrix and which fuse does what. Does this all track back to J115 or does this mean I have another issue (hopefully on the same board)?
Thanks again, this all is really helpful

Focus on one thing at a time. Might have been good to create a separate thread for your game.

If money doesn't matter, sure, buy a replacement board and try and fix your old board to learn, have a spare, or sell. If you buy a used board, it's probably one that was no better than yours before being repaired.

In any event, don't throw away your old board. It's a relatively small thing that can be fixed.

You should still replace any burned connectors in your game before attaching to the new board. You'll need a crimping tool, connectors (and possibly more wire to lengthen if the existing ones are really short.)

2 months later
#8797 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. I don’t need more challenge. Haha

The problem is ithere is ZERO challenge if you get the left saucer simply by holding up the upper flipper. Starting modes is the toughest shot in the game.

Making a left orbit isn't that hard and that's all you really need to know to make the center saucer with that setup.

You should be reaching Final Battle frequently if the upper flipper is a gimme. Would certainly make Super Jackpots less special too.

#8809 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

While I agree that the raised upper flipper to KHAN Saucer shot DOES make the game a lot easier when it comes to the Scenes, I wouldnt say there is "ZERO" challenge. The game (at least mine) is super drainy and tough to control the ball no matter what. My machine started doing it for a short while after replacing the upper flipper rubber while it was on location and I can say with great certainty that a few players who probably wouldn't normally see Final Battle got their chance. Luckily (for me) by the time our next tourney came up, the rubber had gotten worked in and it stopped doing it.

Totally agree. The game is an ass-kicker. The zero challenge I was referring to was specific to the Khan saucer.

I'm very familiar playing games with less than 2 modes started. And I have never gotten to FB without the help of extra balls.

But when things start to flow and shots are working, the game is very satisfying.

1 month later
#8950 2 years ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

Any hard shot to the right side of the left ramp is flying off the rails. Which screws need to be loosened? The ones at the base of the ramp? I don't have any play to work with when I loosen those screws. Thanks.

Is the switch to the right side of the left ramp causing the interference with the ball?

If so, you might try replacing the micro switch with an MRS, which works without touching the ball.

https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1772-mampm-creations

7 months later
#9513 1 year ago
Quoted from robd222:

I wanted to say thanks to Matt and m&m creations. Just installed his MRS switch on my shadow and it's such a delight to see it register every single time.
I may add them to the switches on the orbits too, if I get good ripping shot on either orbit the ball can sneak around the switches, it doesn't happen as much as the dredded right side of left ramp but it happens enough to bug me. Anyone else sneaking around the orbit switches from time to time?
[quoted image]

I also had periodic unregistered orbits, but was able to make physical adjustments. I can't remember what I did, but now orbits are working 100%. Didn't need a MRS to fix it.

But the MRS I added on the right side of the left ramp was the only way I got that switch to work with 100% accuracy.

#9515 1 year ago
Quoted from Turtlemaster:

Hi guys. I’d be interested in finding and installing these MRS switches on my shadow. Do you know where to purchase the appropriate one ?
How many of them did you change ?
Thank you for your answers

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mampm-creations-mrs-catalog

Here is the specific post regarding the MRS for Shadow:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/150#post-5845305

1 month later
#9624 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not much easier. You just play and fail at more Kahn MBs.

Actually it would make Super Jackpots a lot easier. SJP's are extremely rare for me.

Khan occurs almost every game and I don't have the upper flipper auto scoop setup on my game.

#9627 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

SJPs are on the upper playfield. I’ve collected exactly one of them in like almost a thousand plays since I’ve bought it. Unless I’m missing something on how to achieve them easier.

The Shadow multiball super jackpot is lit at the Khan scoop after you score enough jackpots by making the upper flipper loop shot during mb.

If you lock a ball or two during this mb you can double or triple the regular jp value.

The khan SJP is the one from the upper pf.

#9629 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I see. Yeah. I’ve never collected a shadow SJP. Probably only ever gotten 1-2 jackpots in that multiball. Usually zero. Haha

Yeah, it don't come easy.

white-album-portrait-ringo-starr-1070x1536 (resized).jpgwhite-album-portrait-ringo-starr-1070x1536 (resized).jpg
#9634 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Agree, if it IS set up this way, it essentially makes the mode shot irrelevant and pointless (aside from "Who Knows" and Extra Ball), just hit the easy left orbit and hold up the flipper.

Yep. For me, the most elusive requirement to reach Final Battle is playing every mode.

With just holding the upper flipper to start a mode, I'd be getting to Final Battle every day.

#9660 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Somebody should print some then!

I have an unused decal that I would sell for cost.

EDIT: SOLD

20210803_154417 (resized).jpg20210803_154417 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RTS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=RTS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.