IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinkitten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7318 3 years ago

The Shadow returns! Very happy to be back in the club after selling to a friend last year. One advantage of selling to someone you know!

61A1BB07-9A33-4D81-8130-79E1F6AE6671 (resized).jpeg61A1BB07-9A33-4D81-8130-79E1F6AE6671 (resized).jpeg0BC082BF-D1B4-495A-BE25-5117D44CA219 (resized).jpeg0BC082BF-D1B4-495A-BE25-5117D44CA219 (resized).jpegA7D59074-695D-4070-9625-56F4008C3F9B (resized).jpegA7D59074-695D-4070-9625-56F4008C3F9B (resized).jpegF96CAC67-15B4-4867-AF3C-CC16BF3630EE (resized).jpegF96CAC67-15B4-4867-AF3C-CC16BF3630EE (resized).jpeg
#7328 3 years ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

I’d love a decal for mine whether it be plastic or not. It’s so bare back there.

I have an extra plastic that came with mine before I switched to the cityscape decal. It looks like brick, it’s made of thin plastic. See pics below of it. If someone wants it I’ll send it if you pay the shipping. It’s probably a custom homemade thing so I can’t attest to the quality. But it was installed on my Shadow when I got it last year and looked good. I have a couple pics from then and you can see it.

322E4C07-77EB-4861-9322-55B03418A98E (resized).png322E4C07-77EB-4861-9322-55B03418A98E (resized).png406D4856-DE20-454A-A74F-9AA36CC7816A (resized).jpeg406D4856-DE20-454A-A74F-9AA36CC7816A (resized).jpeg9B1CE1DA-64B6-4E07-885F-4B643C4EB426 (resized).jpeg9B1CE1DA-64B6-4E07-885F-4B643C4EB426 (resized).jpegCA59E697-CE6D-473D-9F81-486CF71C4217 (resized).jpegCA59E697-CE6D-473D-9F81-486CF71C4217 (resized).jpeg
#7330 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

It's brick pattern used for model train setups and the like. I have something similar on mine.

That’s what I figured. You can prob make one like it if that faux brick plastic stuff is available.

1 week later
#7367 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I think this is what you want. I tried to make it slo mo but my app is having a hard time making a gif slo mo for some reason. I can post a slo mo video on youtube too, let me know.
This gif turned out so weird. My game went into a ball search when I was passing the ball around trying to setup the shot.
[quoted image]

Nice pass and shot!

#7381 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Yes but the bend seems progressive like a guide, mine gets more a frank folding. sorry about my poor english, don’t know if i write correctly what i would like or think exactly

I agree. My Shadow has that same bend at the end of the left orbit lane guide. Mine just barely bends past the post, so the ball does not hit the post.

1 month later
#7447 3 years ago

I agree, changing the star posts can really change the look!

27DE85FF-B9D4-41C9-AA5E-D62A413F4521 (resized).jpeg27DE85FF-B9D4-41C9-AA5E-D62A413F4521 (resized).jpeg6506B55E-A459-4077-9103-B05694F3E98D (resized).jpeg6506B55E-A459-4077-9103-B05694F3E98D (resized).jpeg
#7461 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

A little bit of a teaser, but on M&M Creations whiteboard we had a solution for a Shadow to explore. Finally a couple a weeks ago - someone came forward asking for a solution via an MRS to the infamous left ramp/diverted to the right switch register issue. Well, it took a lot of R&D, but we think we nailed it and it's out for beta testing with wmsfan if all is good - we'll begin offering the solution next week. I've included some pics of the long-lever solution most folks employ and some pics of our solution installed and by itself for visualization.
Thanks!
Matt
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These work great. With Matt’s help I converted all 3 of my main physical switches on my Who Dunnit 3-way ramp to MRS several months ago. They are fantastic. Sensitive enough to register even fast-moving balls through the side of the plastic ramp. I was nervous about cutting the green and white wires on my stock switches to attach 3 MRS switches, but it’s been well worth it! I’m in on these for my Shadow for sure. Nice work, Matt.

064C242C-4320-4668-BC00-2AAF8F5F6C08 (resized).jpeg064C242C-4320-4668-BC00-2AAF8F5F6C08 (resized).jpegBA7095D1-72D6-4343-9D5F-5525DA7196A5 (resized).jpegBA7095D1-72D6-4343-9D5F-5525DA7196A5 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#7503 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes, it doesn't have...
-An (often boring) lower playfield
-A vari-target (like in Ripley's, although Ripley's is the only other pin that has a lock similar to Shadow)
-Drop targets
-A shooter (like Dirty Harry, T2, Aerosmith).
-A subway
-A bash toy
-And pops, as mentioned
-Playfield multipliers (Code)
-A captive ball
-A spinning disk, like Whirl Wind, X-Men, TMNT
-A spinner
-A plunger
-Midnight madness
Based on the above gaps, Walking Dead Premium may be a good one, or possibly Avengers.
Wow, this list is longer than I thought it'd be.

Amazing how many features The Shadow doesn’t have, yet manages to be such a clever, fun and challenging game!

#7506 3 years ago

It’s kinda funny how this awesome pin is bringing $4600-4700 for a nice/loaded one, which is prob justified these days. Fantastic pin. I sold mine last fall for $4,150, with color DMD and Aurich package, and got price-policed. I felt so badly about it I let it go for $1800.

#7508 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

If thats the case ill be sure to guilt you into selling me some of your games

#7518 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Ah, yes.. the price police is all over the hobby and on more sites than just Pinside. Typically, the Price Police pulls you over, then gives you detailed example of how your price point is off compared to other sites. Then the Price Police shames you because you're trying to recoup part of the costs for all the desirable mods you may have installed.
Of course, the Price Police will be the first one to tell you that you're pinball is not modded enough. Or that this little thing here affects the value of the game. Finally, the Price Police gangs up on your post, because, you know, they have friends that sold their games for way less than yours.
And just like in real life, the Price Police is above it all, because they will typically sell THEIR games at premium prices..
Now, kindly sell me your Tron for 4k please! Lol
However can't understand someone letting Shadow go!!

Yeah, I hear ya. I can understand how some collectors who have been around since the 90s are annoyed with pinflation. I have no doubt The Shadow was a $2500 pin a few years ago. But these great games are limited in number, and the nice ones are always harder and harder to find. TSPP was a $3500 pin about 5-6 years ago when I was first looking at getting a machine. Now some joker just listed one for $7k today. I realized my Shadow price was probably ok when it sold fairly quickly. And you are right, I was crazy to let it go in the first place...so I bought it back this summer! I will keep your offer of $4k for Tron in mind. Depending on which pin you include with the cash, we may have a deal.

#7522 3 years ago

Excellent examples! Makes sense people remember pins for much, much less. Prices have really gone bonkers in the past couple years it seems. Even since 2017 when I really got involved heavily, it seems there are more collectors jumping on pins. But the market is also very busy with many new listings every day, which is pretty cool! I am installing my new MRS switch to my Shadow tomorrow. It should really improve that switch where the left ramp wireform crosses over the playfield to the right. Thanks, Matt!

#7538 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Don't really understand what this does exactly? I guess my games works fine so won't notice this issue.

If you are referring to the MRS switch replacing the micro-switch on the left ramp, where it turns right and comes back across the playfield on the wireform, that switch requires a long arm to make contact with the ball without impeding the ball in the process. Some people (including me) have had issues getting that switch to register hits, without slowing or stopping the ball. The MRS is a magnetic switch, and the ball doesn’t actually make contact with it. So you remove the micro-switch and arm completely and install the MRS, which is positioned near the wireform so the ball passes close to it, and it registers the shot without slowing the ball. I’ve installed them on another game and they work great. But micro-switches work well in most situations too, it’s just a very nice alternative in certain spots.

If you were asking about something else, just ignore my ramblings.

I haven’t installed my MRS on The Shadow yet. I’m happy to make vids before and after.

#7541 3 years ago

Good vid showing a successful shot with the left ramp to the right inlane. On my Shadow, the micro-switch arm would actually stop the ball, maybe 10-15% of the time, if the shot wasn’t fast/clean. A friend of mine made a longer arm, which didn’t impede the ball as much, and it does register hits almost 100%. But it’s pretty long and wonky looking. The MRS will be cleaner and won’t touch the ball at all. Here’s a still shot of mine currently. I can post a vid once I swap out the MRS.

BCDB966A-501A-42D3-B9CA-D4165EE7508A (resized).jpegBCDB966A-501A-42D3-B9CA-D4165EE7508A (resized).jpeg
#7542 3 years ago

Dont do it! The dot is always off center from the insert arrow. So distracting to me...

I agree the dot is distracting if it’s centered underneath “To The Sanctum.” I found better results if positioned instead more or less directly above the insert, it’s not too distracting and looks correct. To me, anyway. Plus, the ball stops directly on the spot when held by the magnet, on mine.

0162E645-EDF1-4CB1-9E1B-7430CB818FF6 (resized).jpeg0162E645-EDF1-4CB1-9E1B-7430CB818FF6 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#7630 3 years ago

Are we all in agreement that these are the best side blades? I like that they arent too busy.
Kind of pricey though, no?
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/shadow-pinball-sideblades/
OOOooo...just found that tilt has them, and theyre even nicer. Sweet. Cheaper too!
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/the-shadow-cityscape-gameblades

I personally love the Tilt cityscape blades on my Shadow. It really adds to the feel of the game for me. Very consistent with the art and theme. Especially if you have the matching decal for the back of the cab. It’s true some pins have little room on the sides to accommodate blades without damaging them when raising/lowering the playfield. I do have the plastic removable protectors which work well. My Junkyard is so tight that I almost couldn’t physically fit the blade on the left side. It can be tricky. I’ve destroyed 3-4 sets of blades by catching the playfield on them. It’s a quick $85 down the terlet.

2 weeks later
#7701 3 years ago

Wow! I’ve never really gotten close to reaching Final Battle...until tonight! I had a great ball 1, with 4-5 modes done and both multiballs. Needed ball 2 to finish the upper playfield and final couple of modes. The wizard mode on this game is pretty sweet! Sometimes they can be meh, but this one is worth working for! What a pin.

D202FC6C-5D87-42C8-A1EF-791E83F2C4BE (resized).jpegD202FC6C-5D87-42C8-A1EF-791E83F2C4BE (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#7975 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

that is not the full overlay. But it may help.
Thanks

I may have the overlay decal you want. There were at least two decals with different shades of grey, a darker one that matched well and a lighter one that is slightly lighter than the playfield grey. I’ll take a pic of the decal I have and you can let me know if you want it. I only ended up using the small circular green decal.

#7981 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

That sounds great. Thank you so much!!!

Here is the one I have. It’s a bit lighter than the playfield, but should look nice, especially with mylar over it. Send me a PM if this helps.

E8D652BE-95E1-4C6B-8804-3D197BBB7869 (resized).jpegE8D652BE-95E1-4C6B-8804-3D197BBB7869 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#8056 3 years ago

Has anyone converted their Shadow to a “Malice” or “Prelude to a Kiss” early 90’s Baldwin theme? I’ve got it! Miami Blues!!!

1 week later
#8094 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I'm going to check out a Shadow tomorrow and planning to bring it home if all looks good. Are there any important things to look out for, beyond the usual for a 26 year old WPC game? I've been wanting to own one for a long time and have just had a slot open up in my lineup.

The guys above covered the big things - the sanctum drop target and magnet, and the area above the magnet on the playfield which can be quite worn. The 2 ramp diverters, and the upper battlefield drops and kicker. Good luck!
This is such a fantastic game. This is the 2nd time I’ve owned this same example and it’s bolted down now. So many shots are perfectly designed and not easy - the ramps are steep, the Shadow loop is tricky to repeat, Khan multiball scoop is tucked away, the battlefield VUK is a great shot, the mode start lane/saucer is deceivingly hard. It’s just frickin’ awesome!

#8119 3 years ago

People that "know", don't want to let them go.

The Shadow knows.

1 month later
#8322 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

Took 6 months to bring this one back from the dead. I do believe it was very much worth it!! Got to play the first game 2 nights ago.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome job on a game very worthy of being restored. The Shadow rocks.

2 weeks later
#8396 3 years ago
Quoted from tomawax360:

Hello, i recently pick up a Shadow pinball... so i am in the club.
Glad to exchange with you about, this game. I really wanted it and i am not disapointed. It s a very nice game.

Welcome! The Shadow is a fantastic game.
You’ll find great tips and advice here about it. Enjoy!

2 weeks later
#8432 3 years ago

I can’t seem to find instructions for the radio mod install. Looks pretty easy, but I want to be sure I do it right. It has 2 plugs to connect to make it interact with the scoop light and a few zip ties, which I’m guessing are to keep the wires neat.

If someone installed this, maybe you could message me. I’m sure it’s simple.

Thx!

#8434 3 years ago

Thanks, regarding step #4, where exactly to these wires attach? (Pic below).

C89D7AE1-66A2-4210-9BAE-05FF592DC6B2 (resized).jpegC89D7AE1-66A2-4210-9BAE-05FF592DC6B2 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#8635 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I've thought about adding Shadow to my collection for a while and have the opportunity to pick one up in the near future.
I am curious though, what current owners think on lastability in the home? From a gameplay standpoint, I like the uniqueness of the layout.
I would be curious, though, how owners would compare gameplay and lastability to modern games, specifically Stranger Things pro, Guardians pro, or something like Ironman?
Any insight or thoughts are greatly appreciated

If you enjoy 90’s era Bally/Williams pins, The Shadow is among the best. For years it was a sleeper bargain too, one of the best bang-for-your-buck pins around. The secret is pretty much out on it now, and an above-average example will cost ya. I’ve owned mine twice. I sold it once and missed it, bought it back from a friend. This time it will stay. It’s not especially deep, with 6 modes, the upper playfield and 2 multiball modes to complete to start the final battle wizard mode. But I’ve only reached the end once, and that was a game where everything went right. It’s not an easy pin to finish. The shots are unique, the ball lock is one of the best and the upper pf is a challenge. For me, this game has more to offer than some recent releases.

1 week later
#8693 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It looks like I soon be joining the club. I'm excited and have been debating a few things I want to ask you guys since I'll be a newbie and don't know the game very well yet.
I know sanctum wear is very common. It looks like the Sanctum on the game I'm buying has some wear that has probably been touched up at some point. I noticed a round, green decal mod to cover any wear in that area and am debating whether that would be necessary and if you guys think it would be a negative there vs. a decal that color matches the area?
I'm attaching a picture of the area and whether you guys think any additional touch up is eveb necessary. Any insight is appreciated.
[quoted image]

Yours looks pretty good, so like most mods, it’s a matter of what looks good to you. Mylar will protect it. The round decal is only $5 I think, so might be worth grabbing one. Here is my sanctum before and after. I like the decal, some people do not. Great pin, congrats on getting one!

4DE50611-C020-4F83-ABF0-C3FEDDE9556A (resized).jpeg4DE50611-C020-4F83-ABF0-C3FEDDE9556A (resized).jpeg2D2FF591-289F-41FB-ADA1-BD7AE87AA7A7 (resized).jpeg2D2FF591-289F-41FB-ADA1-BD7AE87AA7A7 (resized).jpeg
#8708 2 years ago

I did that with mine too, changed the red flasher dome covers to purple. It looks great.

1 week later
#8764 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

My Drops are sticking, but all works well in test.any ideas?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You could consider replacing your drop target springs. The ones that pull the drop target down when hit, they can be replaced with slightly tighter springs that pull the target fully down. I had the same problem and for me, the solution was trimming the bottom of the decals on the drop targets. The decal was causing friction and didn’t need to be so long, since only the top 2/3 or so are visible. Lots of people have these same decals, so they should work fine, but for whatever reason mine worked better after that adjustment.

1 week later
#8824 2 years ago

Got to the final battle today for just the second time, but this time I barely made half the shots. The first time I completed the last shot with 1 second left. The Shadow has the perfect level of difficulty and complexity for me. Such a great pin.

#8826 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yep, it's difficult, so it lasts in a collection. This isn't a "Scared Stiff" that you can get to wizard mode once or twice out of every 10 games.

Agreed, the stiff-o-meter isn’t too difficult to reach, but the final wizard mode on SS, Spider Mania, fewer people have ever seen. That’s when you collect all 16 spider awards. Very tough to finish.

#8829 2 years ago
Quoted from TFK:

Have you guys seen our colored ramp covers. 6 colors to choose from. Shadow is my favorite pin
ColorGuardProtectors.com
[quoted image]

They are $12.95 for a set of 2, correct? When ordering it asks for quantity. I wanted to be sure. Thanks!

#8832 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And also zero fun to even attempt.

I think SS is a really fun pin.

#8834 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I’m in the minority, but there are very few DMDs I enjoy less than SS.

That’s fair, and why pinball is different for everyone. People love DP, and it just wasn’t for me. But I’ll never sell my SS. I love the ramps and the simplicity. Others I’m sure don’t care for it. To each their own!

#8909 2 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I officially joined the club last night. This game has been on my want list for quite a while, really glad to finally be able to pick one up. This one was about 3 hrs away.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks like a beauty! Great find. One of the very best pins from the 90’s, from arguably the best era in pinball!

2 months later
#9061 2 years ago

Finally replaced the decals on the head of my Shadow. They were fairly banged up. The rest of the cab is decent. I need to finish a few spots with some black paint. But my first decals turned out ok. Huge improvement!

1136A599-A26C-423A-98A4-938246ABDA20 (resized).jpeg1136A599-A26C-423A-98A4-938246ABDA20 (resized).jpeg43B7AA08-ED62-4033-BF00-89184EF0EAF5 (resized).jpeg43B7AA08-ED62-4033-BF00-89184EF0EAF5 (resized).jpeg
#9066 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Nice! Where did you buy these decals? How do the colours match compared to the cab?

I bought these from another Pinsider about a year ago and never got around to replacing them until now. The color is slightly more blue than the original, which looked more green or teal to me. Big improvement over my damaged ones.

65568DCE-8E1C-4B7C-B335-FE37E9CB22CF (resized).jpeg65568DCE-8E1C-4B7C-B335-FE37E9CB22CF (resized).jpegF9BD34AE-3F12-483C-A2D5-359D4CDE1B8F (resized).jpegF9BD34AE-3F12-483C-A2D5-359D4CDE1B8F (resized).jpeg
#9080 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Flipper buttons are feel spongy, don't have the right resistance which makes it difficult to get full power

I’ve noticed this also with this version of the flipper assemblies. I don’t think they used the metal flap that presses against the plastic arm and provides a snappier flipper button return, but you might be able to add them anyway or modify them? I just replaced these on my Cirq Voltaire, they are $5 from Marco. A tiny rubber band around the arm and then around the pal nut might create more snap too.

21DAA9EA-9BF8-4EE4-81A9-C1051812244A (resized).png21DAA9EA-9BF8-4EE4-81A9-C1051812244A (resized).png

#9086 2 years ago

Coin door phurbas!

00DB82BE-ED8E-425C-A9C5-CBD91F0E1CE0 (resized).jpeg00DB82BE-ED8E-425C-A9C5-CBD91F0E1CE0 (resized).jpeg5E65182F-F348-4686-8030-9DCF649345C9 (resized).jpeg5E65182F-F348-4686-8030-9DCF649345C9 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9106 2 years ago

Anybody know where to buy ramp flaps for the two Shadow ramps?

PinballSpareParts.com.au

Shipping to U.S. is via airmail and is around $20, but they have a wide array of flaps.

2 weeks later
#9120 2 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I just did a Shadow with new decals.

That looks fantastic. Nothing like the crisp look of a cabinet with all new decals. I replaced the decals on the head of my Shadow, which were pretty rough. But the cabinet is in pretty good shape. I’ve yet to apply full cab decals. I’ve done Radcals on 2 pins and I’m on my third now.

#9131 2 years ago

Cabinet prep is essential to having your decals look great. In fact I'd say that you will spend 95% of your time prepping for the decal installation as opposed to actually installing them. Any imperfections will show through, since the decals are just a thin skin over the wood.
I've got my Shadow cab completely stripped right now and have gone through two iterations of fiberglass bondo / sand, rinse and repeat. I'll follow with a finer grained filler to smooth things out and get rid of pinholes. Next will be a high fill primer and guide coat, sanded as flat as possible. I'm going to paint everything with black auto paint and then apply a semi-gloss 2 part auto clear. That will end up ready for the decals. I'll probably have at least 40 hours invested in prep before I unroll the decals.
Can you skip the above? Sure. But I'd probably just leave the beat up original decals instead.
I highly suggest watching some of Chris Hutchins' awesome videos from his YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/highendpins/videos
Some pics of my cabinet awaiting the next round of sanding:[quoted image][quoted image]

It’s awesome you put so much effort attention into the cab prep and decal replacement. It’s all worth it in the end! I have a question for skilled cab decalers like you. I bought a White Water that had new decals installed, and they went fully to the edge in all directions so the edges of the decals are slightly peeling and not laying down. I assume he should have either trimmed the decal to leave a 1/8 inch or less margin, with the cab painted underneath, or sanded the edges? My question is, can I repair these? Should I attempt to sand them? Will that just expose raw wood and look worse?

92A2E842-B27F-4CF5-B060-59A6F4C204A6 (resized).jpeg92A2E842-B27F-4CF5-B060-59A6F4C204A6 (resized).jpeg
#9133 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

That is a pretty sad edge. Clean it up with a new razor blade / exacto and then sand it at a 45 degree angle with good quality sandpaper (like 3M). Use something in the range of 220 to 400. That edge should look great after that.

Very sad edge indeed. I’ll try to trim and sand it and it should improve. Thanks!

#9136 2 years ago

Thanks for the tips and video! Just a bit of sanding alone made a big difference, and I just used whatever paper I had on hand. I’ll restore this one with new decals one day. But here is the before and after…sorry this is in the Shadow thread! My Shadow is 2 pins down from WH2O.

A9CB2E1C-ED00-4A20-A77C-76F66570693F (resized).pngA9CB2E1C-ED00-4A20-A77C-76F66570693F (resized).pngE152969A-8C9B-4D88-9BCF-5FDE17219C05 (resized).jpegE152969A-8C9B-4D88-9BCF-5FDE17219C05 (resized).jpeg
#9162 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

Hey guys,
I had a weird problem come up on my Shadow. I had a party on Saturday and the game was on all day/evening and now it isn’t acting right. The DMD was starting to mess up (6 or so vertical lines going through it) so I thought maybe it was starting to fail. Made half a joke about now I get to upgrade to color! Anyway, as the night progressed the DMD went completely out with the exception of a few small dots on the bottom. I started a game and there was no sound. I power cycled with no difference. Turned it off for the night and tried again the next morning. I played two balls and it worked great! Tried it again today and back to the three dots on the DMD and no sound. Any suggestions on where to start? I’m at a loss. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!

Try reseating your ribbon cables first.

#9164 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

Man, so easy. I thought to reseat the cables when I saw the vertical lines but when the sound when out my mind went to something overheated and went very bad. Seems to be working great now but I will let it run for a while to make sure all is well. Thank you so much for the suggestion!

No prob! That’s happened to me on a couple 90’s pins, with the lines thru the DMD, and my friend suggested checking the ribbons. I hope that’s it!

1 month later
#9259 2 years ago

Cool door decal! PinballDecals.com.

8E23B487-7063-4DEA-90C0-725BC6F1429D (resized).jpeg8E23B487-7063-4DEA-90C0-725BC6F1429D (resized).jpeg
#9295 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

So much nicer replacing the random bracket and ugly exposed switch with the MRS.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The MRS is awesome, and is useful in many tricky areas on other pins too. I’ve used them on Ripley’s, Who Dunnit?, EATPM, GB, White Water, and The Shadow.

#9299 2 years ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Where can I buy them (in Europe)?

Check with Matt at M & M Creations (“Sonic” on Pinside).

#9306 2 years ago
Quoted from horseflesh:

Where do you find them useful in White Water?

It was a switch in the back left mounted above the ball, I think at the end of Disaster Drop, that was a little sticky on mine. It would register hits usually, but not always. I had the exact same issue on my RBION on the right ramp and went with an MRS there with great results.

1 week later
#9352 2 years ago

So answer me this. How does adding powder coat to wire forms not slow the ball down? Is the surface really just as smooth as a polished form? I wonder...

If the powder looks REALLY good the ball will sometimes slow down to get a better look at it. Otherwise, it’s pretty much the same.

#9367 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Ahh... that's really weird, now I want a tootsie pop?

That owl taught us all exactly how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. He cheated though.

1 week later
#9374 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

Thank you.
The guy I bought it from is excellent at free hand painting it seems. He said it’s decent and he wasn’t super serious when he did it because he wanted to redo it all but I say the free handed lettering on the sanctum is spot on, better than anything I could ever do.
No idea how anybody can freehand letters like that, it’s magic.

That’s amazing if it’s a free-hand paint job, but they make a decal that looks just like that in different shades. I have a couple different versions. I would bet that’s a decal like this….

25A7AD8B-FF10-4C33-9EC3-056AF7AAFC7B (resized).jpeg25A7AD8B-FF10-4C33-9EC3-056AF7AAFC7B (resized).jpegFD33201F-B2B6-4616-AA96-4C8D55765893 (resized).jpegFD33201F-B2B6-4616-AA96-4C8D55765893 (resized).jpeg
#9376 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Any links to the lighter gray version? I never saw one in the states. Mine is the darker gray and would like to fix at some point.

I’m not sure, I think I picked up a lighter shade version with an overseas order a year or two ago as insurance.

3 weeks later
#9434 2 years ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

Definitely same thing, Thanks for clearing it up. Saving the previous final battle winners makes much more sense.

Right, those are just the most recent people to beat the final battle wizard mode. I’ve only beaten it once, and it was so lucky. I had 1 second left and a lucky bounce put the ball in the Kahn scoop for the final remaining shot. Months later I reached the wizard mode again, and didn’t even hit half the shots necessary to finish. I don’t know that I’ll ever be that dialed in again.

2 weeks later
#9457 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I mean, I may have just spent 9.5 on mine. I have already had people offer to buy it from me for slightly more. Ha I had one in the past and really missed it. I sold my previous shadow for 6.3 but this one is essentially fully restored and beautiful with new playfield and parts. Ha just have to fix that one incorrect coil. Definitely my favorite Brian Eddy game and a top three overall game for me.
[quoted image]

Beautiful example! That cost makes sense for a restored game with new pf. Some average condition 90’s pins are going for more than the Shadow, and this game has been undervalued for a long time. It was my Shadow I sold in 2019 that caused me to turn off comments after that. I listed it for $4150, with color DMD and Aurich alt package, in very good condition, and price police tried to pull me over. Mine even had no Sanctum wear. I bought that example back for $4200 a few months later. Still have it! Awesome game.

#9465 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

you need to shoot all four ramp wireforms again to get super vengeance jackpot

Yep, and if I recall super vengeance jackpots can be pretty lucrative.

#9474 2 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

A Shadow I restored recently has intermittent issues shooting the ball up the shooter wireform. The playfield angle is around 6.5 degrees. I used a new spring and coil sleeve on the coil but did not replace the coil. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough that it is annoying. Has anyone tried a different strength coil in that location? Or maybe the current coil is "tired"?

Which coil do you currently have in your game? Could it be your bell armature/plunger? Is the nylon tip worn down?

3 months later
#9694 1 year ago

I've always said Brian Eddy is a genius and The Shadow is his masterpiece.

Eddy is a master and The Shadow is his geniuspiece!

#9696 1 year ago
Quoted from skuuun:

might be a long shot but does anyone have a copy the Aurich speaker panel laying around

Did you message Aurich? Worth a try. Congrats on your addition. The Shadow is a 90’s classic.

#9709 1 year ago

All three translites at the same time is the only way to go.

#9726 1 year ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

It WAS the bulbs. ALL 10 of them. All of which were LEDs.
(It’s yet another thing with this machine that proves it HAD NOT been “fully shopped” by the previous owner before I bought it.)
Thanks again for all the help!

That’s crazy. I rarely find any burned out or failed LEDs. They seem to last forever. I wonder how all your bulbs went bad. It would seem a common event could explain it, but what? Glad you figured it out.

#9760 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I just went and bought the radio mod. That is super Cool, great job!
[quoted image]
https://pinballmods.co/

I agree, I really like the radio on my machine. I wired mine to the GI, so it’s always lit. The other small touch I added is the vehicle door decal on the drop target for the upper playfield. I think they are only available at Pinball Center, and were intended for Dirty Harry or another pin. But I liked the look and felt it fit.

3AFEE9D3-A47E-48D0-9C04-303B38C5843F (resized).png3AFEE9D3-A47E-48D0-9C04-303B38C5843F (resized).png
#9762 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I agree, I really like the radio on my machine. I wired mine to the GI, so it’s always lit. The other small touch I added is the vehicle door decal on the drop target for the upper playfield. I think they are only available at Pinball Center, and were intended for Dirty Harry or another pin. But I liked the look and felt it fit.
[quoted image]

Correction, the door decal for the drop target is made for The Shadow, or listed by Pinball Center as a Shadow drop target decal. Cool decal if you can find one. Or maybe make one.

1 week later
#9810 1 year ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

How much would you guys take off price for a beat up sanctum? Playfield repairs probably the only thing on these machines I don't have the ability to repair and my sanctum is ugly as they come. Going to be moving my shadow soon and want to be fair on price to buyer. Would you rather have a machine with beat up sanctum or one with an attempted repair and paint match?

You may already know this, but they make a decal, maybe 2x3, that is grey like the playfield and covers that area. They are fairly common to see on these. You can also add the green and black circle decal right over the magnet, if you like. I was lucky and my sanctum was without much wear, but I added mylar and the small circle just to be safe. The circle is available on Pinside for $5 I think. Ministry and Little Shop of Games has the larger one. See below. Good luck!

E6E42A85-0603-40F6-A7F1-E3AFF0C84F05 (resized).jpegE6E42A85-0603-40F6-A7F1-E3AFF0C84F05 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9833 1 year ago

Wood grips really do look nice!

36213C53-0B73-406B-850E-02FC1665A7C7 (resized).jpeg36213C53-0B73-406B-850E-02FC1665A7C7 (resized).jpegEE367CFA-025E-4E55-966C-6756E056C18E (resized).jpegEE367CFA-025E-4E55-966C-6756E056C18E (resized).jpeg
#9836 1 year ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

Thanks for your feedback!
It's Also available in Rosewood. I'm actualy working a very small run of snakewood[quoted image]

Welcome, you did an excellent job with these. Very professional. The rosewood looks great too. Anyone considering wood grips, these are really nice. Anyone with cracked or damaged original grey plastic ones, I’m happy to donate mine.

#9864 1 year ago
Quoted from data_eastside:

Joining this thread- picked up my Shadow last week for a crazy good price (at least to me) and have been having a blast ever since. Just played with a buddy for like 3 hours straight haha. Fixed an issue with the sanctum wall (switch arm not engaging correctly) and now have to work on figuring out why the mini playfield targets go down during a game and don't come back up. But I can't wait to figure it out. I got the pitch/leveling fixed today and the game has been playing 1000% better. This is the best purchase I've made it years

Congrats! I bought my Shadow in 2019 for $4500, which was a lot for a nice Shadow at that time, even with color DMD and Aurich art package. I sold it to a friend for $4k to finance a high end pin I had to have, but I always missed my Shadow. 6 months later I bought her back, and it’s bolted to the floor now! I defeated Kahn once a couple years ago. I’ve started the final battle once or twice since, but didn’t get close to finishing it again. It’s not a super deep or complex pin, but it sure isn’t easy to beat! Enjoy yours!

53D50AE4-5748-4550-905C-A1035A73D8BE (resized).png53D50AE4-5748-4550-905C-A1035A73D8BE (resized).png
#9877 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I love the level of complexity, depth and difficulty on this machine. For me, it is balanced perfectly to turn off extra balls and still have a shot at Final Battle. And that way Im only playing 3 ball games even on my best games. Compare that to something like Avengers where a "really good game" ends up being 6 to 8 total balls with all of the earned extra balls. Even half decent games on AIQ end up being 4 balls for sure or more likely 5 or 6.

Me too! That’s why I generally prefer the 90’s era pins. It feels like I have a shot at finishing the game!

#9886 1 year ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Thank you. Not exactly "stock".
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Purdy. I should restore my cab!

#9926 1 year ago
Quoted from data_eastside:

Does anybody have a part number for red plastic piece under the slingshots? I tried to find in the manual and online and couldn't figure it out. Also do most people use washers to protect these b/c I can't imagine they will lost very long taking repeated punishment by the ball[quoted image]

Standard star post, as noted above, you can get anywhere in like 10 colors. Purple, clear, blue, green, your choice. Also, if you want to add a bit of protection for your playfield, they make soft, translucent rubber washers that sit beneath the star posts (and narrow washers for under the skinny posts). Titan Pinball, and others, offer those. Pin Monk also offers mylar rings for under star posts and standard posts. Some examples below.

E59D2242-BDA3-421B-8DE7-ED59A8D51232 (resized).pngE59D2242-BDA3-421B-8DE7-ED59A8D51232 (resized).pngBB84CF50-4A94-4A54-99A6-579BAA3248C2 (resized).pngBB84CF50-4A94-4A54-99A6-579BAA3248C2 (resized).png0A7A59DF-BCF5-4DDC-8510-1E0FDE6C1532 (resized).png0A7A59DF-BCF5-4DDC-8510-1E0FDE6C1532 (resized).png
1 month later
#10045 1 year ago

I found myself in that situation where a new pin is coming (TNA) and I had to let something go. At this point, I want them all to be keepers! But…something had to be sacrificed. I considered my Stern POTC or The Shadow. I sold POTC, just can’t part with The Shadow.

#10060 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I think you mean rePHURBAshing

Lol, so phunny!

1 month later
#10098 1 year ago
Quoted from mike200mph:

Hi
Anybody have a good used plastic they can sell me in good shape. Mine is cracked
Pm me please
Thanks
[quoted image]

I bought a new set of plastics to replace a few of mine. I’ll check my original one and if it’s not cracked you are welcome to it. I’ll PM you a pic of it shortly.

#10101 1 year ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

Who is buying these shadows with credit dots and worn sanctums for $6500 and why?

Times have really changed, haven’t they? I bought my Shadow in 2019 for $4500 with color DMD, Aurich package and no sanctum wear, and I felt like it was a reach! I sold it to a friend for $4k a few months later, to finance a pricy Indy Jones Adventure. When I listed it for $4,150, the price police paid me a visit, prompting me to turn off forum comments thereafter. It’s a really nice Shadow too! I bought it back 6 months later for $4200, with a few upgrades. Eventually I replaced all the plastics, coin door, gun handle, and bought new Mantis ramps. I added mylar before the sanctum sustained any wear. I would probably ask $7500-8k these days. It seems sanctum wear is more common than not, and credit dots could be a sign of a real problem or just something minor, which is usually my experience. Just a few years ago these were $3500 for a really nice example, but they are in high demand now. Every time I play mine, I remember why!

7F7AF708-0BED-4BD9-BA2E-11F3490AADF0 (resized).jpeg7F7AF708-0BED-4BD9-BA2E-11F3490AADF0 (resized).jpegA8631E76-5088-4692-B9E1-38E037A9CB9F (resized).jpegA8631E76-5088-4692-B9E1-38E037A9CB9F (resized).jpeg
#10120 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Lol and here iam loving the game but only have room for one. Kinda want to trade for Godzilla pro but I should just keep it!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Tough choice. GZ is a terrific Stern, but you should be able to find one for the next few years without much trouble. A super nice Shadow is a keeper, imho. But, variety is a big deal in this hobby too, and limited space is a factor. Tough to beat the 90’s era pins! Again, tough call!

#10128 1 year ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

my opinion is irrelevant

Your opinion matters! Great job posting examples of both versions. Both are great choices to upgrade the stock DMD, with pros and cons for each. LCD (I assume the top photo) is more customizable with a few different fonts, but costs a bit more and uses more energy. LED is more efficient, has more of the “dots” appearance, but is cheaper and the contrast between dots is vivid. I have a few LEDs and a few LCDs. Both are great, just depends which display you like for your particular game.

#10161 1 year ago
Quoted from remf:

Getting close to start working on fixing the sanctum area. Long shot, but does anyone know where I can get a “to the sanctum” decal? I might be able to work around the original one, but would be nice to repaint/clear the whole section.

Ministry of Pinball has them. They have 2 shades of grey, light and dark. I can’t remember which was a better match. They are out of the darker one. Pinball Center in Germany has them, if you know someone outside the USA who can order one for you. They don’t ship here. I would try the Ministry version if your sanctum area is rough. You could just use the small, round, green/black dot decal that are available for around $5. Many owners have that. Looks like this (see below). good luck!

EA40EE91-ECEE-493F-981D-0DA6934C0025 (resized).pngEA40EE91-ECEE-493F-981D-0DA6934C0025 (resized).pngF5EC7DE1-AFFD-4101-8DAC-D88CE9E3FD09 (resized).pngF5EC7DE1-AFFD-4101-8DAC-D88CE9E3FD09 (resized).png
#10162 1 year ago

Optos tied to that board start going off-line or worse. Check out this entry in the Twilight Zone club recently.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/255#post-7132258
I replaced all mine, and everyone was out of specifications. Nothing was failed yet, but it was just a matter of time.

Speaking of which, it’s probably wise to consider replacing 30-year-old opto boards on other pins like BSD too? I’ve had some intermittent switches firing for no reason, and I noticed my 10-opto board looked like this…I wasn’t sure it was a problem, but while Pinball Life had both the 10 and 24 opto boards in stock, I’m going to upgrade.

91F08B89-FF2C-48DB-996D-0AD7A9015EE7 (resized).jpeg91F08B89-FF2C-48DB-996D-0AD7A9015EE7 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#10207 1 year ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Managed to beat the final battle for the second time in my 12 years of ownership. My life now has honor and purpose
[quoted image]

Congrats! This wizard mode is my favorite level of difficulty. I have only reached the wizard mode twice in 3 years, and finished it once. The first time my play was way above my normal skill level, and I needed the Kahn scoop shot to finish the wizard mode. With 1 second left I hit it. I don’t know if it was a direct shot or a ricochet. I think it was a lucky bounce. To me The Shadow is the ultimate underrated pin, although in recent years the secret is out. My Shadow is getting a Pinball Refinery makeover as we speak. Pics soon!

#10212 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

The final battle isn't a timed mode.

Is it 30 shots or something to hit all the lit targets then? Whatever it was, the very last shot I had left, I finished the mode and defeated Kahn.

#10214 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The first one has a 30sec ball save, 27 targets (the mode and Khan saucer's spot a target). If you get through that you go again but with no ball save. It ends once you get down to having a single ball in play.

Thanks! It’s intense trying to hit all the targets and make the Kahn saucer. Fun wizard mode.

#10218 1 year ago

My green & purple sparkle powder from Pinball Refinery is coming soon…Steve does a terrific job!

0A9028EA-1CB8-4C1D-B3DE-7E7B95F1956C (resized).jpeg0A9028EA-1CB8-4C1D-B3DE-7E7B95F1956C (resized).jpeg19F0083F-C8D0-4066-8A57-ABB31DD10106 (resized).jpeg19F0083F-C8D0-4066-8A57-ABB31DD10106 (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#10255 1 year ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I've ordered from them many times with no issues. Shipment are taking longer to make it across the Atlantic now days. I wouldn't worry about it.

Same here. Can take a couple weeks during normal, non-holiday times. They are very reliable tho. Probably add a couple weeks during holidays/slow shipping.

#10259 1 year ago

I checked with Chris not too long ago. Unfortunately, he didn’t have any shrouds. If you do locate any, please let us know. I should have upgraded when I had the chance.

1 month later
#10291 1 year ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

For those that have been on the fence about getting my decals set. I've made a fun little game for the superbowl
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-superbowl-decal-sale-play-to-win

Could anyone be on the fence about these awesome decals??? As MC Hammer said, they are too legit not to get.

1 week later
#10302 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Do whatever makes you happy. I’ve never been a fan of colored bulbs behind translites personally. When I see people do it with mine it never looks right to me.

Agree. The bulbs I find very useful behind some translites and backglasses are the fire bulbs from Comet. They come in red or blue, and simulate a flickering flame or lightning. I have them in my EATPM behind the flaming grill and burning hotdog on a stick, behind the torches on BSD and blue ones behind the lightning storm on Fish Tales. My favorite was on TAF, the lightning striking the antenna. Very cool effect!

#10307 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

I'm sure this is a contentious issue

It’s not a contentious issue, all flipper angles are welcome here!

4 months later
#10497 10 months ago
Quoted from TiltDis:

- Gray sanctum sticker.

Only Ministry of Pinball has them at the moment, or Pinball Center in Germany.

#10501 10 months ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

It’s unfortunate that some donut installed this post (I just removed), but at least the hole left behind is in a black patch of the playfield.
Has anybody elses machine had this done to it?
[quoted image]

Yikes. I did add a “non-invasive” post to my GB, but it’s attached above to a plastic airball protector. And the GB gap was notorious, especially when it first came out. I prob wouldn’t add it today. I don’t really notice the gap anymore. Are your flipper rubber rings the same purple? It’s the lighting, I’m sure!

3 months later
#10655 6 months ago

Little reminiscing here. In Sept, 2019 I listed my Shadow for sale for $4100. It had color DMD, Aurich art package and a very nice original playfield with a nearly perfect sanctum area. I was surprised it generated some price police debates in the comments below the listing. At that time it bothered me that such a listing would be controversial, so I turned off comments in my listings after that. Reading them now, they weren’t really an attack. Most defended the price, and Delt31 predicted “this exact game will be $5k in 2 years. I’ll check back to find out.” Well…here’s what happened! (I know you’re dying to know.) I did sell it for $4k to a friend, who enjoyed it for about 6 months and then sold it back to me. I realized I really enjoyed owning this title. Since then, it’s been powder coated, the head and rear of cab sanded and painted, with new decals on the head. New wood gun grips, and full set of new plastics. Values certainly went to $5k and well beyond during Covid for nice examples. Four years later, this Shadow is still here with my keepers!

IMG_5248 (resized).jpegIMG_5248 (resized).jpegIMG_5258 (resized).jpegIMG_5258 (resized).jpegIMG_5250 (resized).jpegIMG_5250 (resized).jpegIMG_5256 (resized).jpegIMG_5256 (resized).jpegIMG_5252 (resized).jpegIMG_5252 (resized).jpeg

#10657 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Little did he know it ballooned to 7k in two years. But it’s back down to the 5-5k range for now.

Yep.

#10659 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Shadow has gone up indeed. But anytime I see that circle decal over the Sanctum, it's an instant turnoff. But perhaps, that's just me. The wrong color grey one is just as bad.
It's like what are you hiding there and on to the next one.
I'm going to add that on The Shadows I've worked on, most of the the Sanctum burn is under the playfield just above the magnet. Toasty. And might have been caused by a switch malfunction that causes the ball to keep going back and forth over the magnet. Seen that a couple times now.

Super common area of burn, no doubt. I’ve seen some that were crazy destroyed, on X-files in front of the file cabinet too. I was lucky with mine. It had this old, brownish circle of Mylar on it that clearly had been there for ages. I applied some heat and peeled it off. Under was very clean, just a faint circle where the Mylar was. I added new Mylar then the round sticker for protection, and I like the look, personally. I was careful to take pics of the bare playfield for posterity. But it’s easy to remove the round sticker and see my pf. I have a few of those stickers if I ever need one.

IMG_2264 (resized).jpegIMG_2264 (resized).jpegIMG_2265 (resized).jpegIMG_2265 (resized).jpeg

#10661 6 months ago

Does anyone know why the brick wall drop target is so tall? It requires a super deep drop to become flush with the playfield. It seems a standard drop target would have worked, or even that brick wall at half the height. I don’t know the movie at all, or the Shadow comic book. Maybe the brick wall is important thematically?

IMG_5259 (resized).jpegIMG_5259 (resized).jpeg
#10663 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nice!
All I can say is if you ever get the symptom I mentioned above, turn it off right away, and fix the switch that senses the drop target is down. It will pull the ball back and forth several times before it finally just lets it go.
Mine is not bad at all in that area, but insert edges leave a lot to be desired, so I've got an NOS playfield on the way.

Thanks for the tip! Your new pf will be awesome. Lots of work, but worth it for sure. I agree about the grey “to the sanctum” playfield stickers. I bought both shades when i saw them just to keep for insurance. But I put so few plays on my pins, a few games a month, it will probably never wear out in my lifetime. But the 2 shades don’t match my playfield. One is too light and the other too dark. Each game may be a little different with fade. I do think the sticker is useful for people with lots of wear and don’t wanna or can’t replace the pf, which is expensive and tricky work. But I have both shades if someone desperately needs sanctum help. PM me.

IMG_5260 (resized).jpegIMG_5260 (resized).jpegIMG_5261 (resized).jpegIMG_5261 (resized).jpeg
#10665 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Some people successfully repair the Sanctum and paint it, but I'm taking the easier route for sure. lol. Seriously though, I removed the magnet and there is no sign of burn on mine at all.
TAG playfields are known to have insert issues, but also used the best wood and supposedly had the best screen printing of the artwork.

These playfields seem incredible to me. My Shadow and my BSD are my only 2 wpc games with original playfields and they look fantastic after 3 decades. My other 90s pins have either new playfields or resurfaced and re-clear coated pfs. Someone resurfaced and clearcoated my WH2O and FT and they did a great job. My Shadow pf is great but I’m guessing his scarf was red? Mine is more tomato soup orange now.

IMG_5262 (resized).jpegIMG_5262 (resized).jpeg
#10667 6 months ago

Yep, red scarf. Is red the first color to fade quickly? I seem to recall that.

#10668 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yep. My new one is also a TAG, but is going to Neo first to get sealed, perfected, and cleared. I'd usually use it as its, but don't want the inserts to do the same thing. CPR was just not an option for me.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Gorgeous playfield. Invisiglass over that will be dazzling.

#10671 6 months ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

I don't understand why someone (Cliffy comes to mind) doesn't produce a very thin laser cut sheet of stainless steel to protect that spot? I think something tastefully done would outlast any epoxy/acrylic repair done on that part of the game. And stainless steel isn't magnetic, so it wouldn't impede too much in holding the ball during magnet energizing. Plus, you can etch the surface with the laser and print anything you want on it.
Thoughts?

I wanna say Stern did that on some IJ4. But it could have been aftermarket. It didn’t look awesome to me.

1 week later
#10675 5 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Fun interview with Brian Eddy, some good discussion on The Shadow near the end. Very interesting that they made these 90's pins prior to the movie release, without ever seeing it. He says that he "thinks" they had a script to go off.
https://nudgepinball.substack.com/p/its-brian-eddys-world?utm_source=substack&publication_id=487410&post_id=138505157&utm_medium=email&utm_content=share&utm_campaign=email-share&triggerShare=true&isFreemail=true&r=1eb9q4

It’s a pretty goofy theme really, for a comic superhero movie pin. The sun is shining, but the ice is slippery! The toast is crunchy, but the soup is savory!

#10678 5 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

So we get things like a flappy bird arcade machine.

Ooooo! I wanna try flappy bird! Whar is?

4 months later
#10922 29 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Wow! Chrome coin doors are the best. Looks awesome.

I love chrome and brass!

IMG_0134 (resized).jpegIMG_0134 (resized).jpegIMG_0136 (resized).jpegIMG_0136 (resized).jpegIMG_5152 (resized).jpegIMG_5152 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinkitten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=Pinkitten and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.