IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gogojohnnyquack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9599 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Every time I think I've done my last run enough people pop up and I do some more. I'm never gonna declare it "done" just because, will just at some point stop making them from lack of interest, and that's fine.
And yeah, last run was 2021 I think. Maybe that was the last one, who knows!

I just joined The Shadow club and would like to be on your alt art list! I had your Stern Star Trek package and really liked it.

1 week later
#9615 1 year ago

I'm a new Shadow owner. Are the left ramp Mongol figures available? Mine has the one on the right but is missing the one on the left. Are they the same figure?

#9621 1 year ago

Doh! Man, I usually check Marcos & Pinball Life. Thanks!!!

3 weeks later
#9672 1 year ago

Shadow and Godzilla Premium are the only 2 machines I currently have setup! Shadow is new and interesting so I've been playing it a lot lately. But then I go over to Godzilla and realize what a masterpiece it is. Godzilla all the way is my answer. And while I'm on this, my next favorite would be Walking Dead. It is brutal, but wow, when you get it going, it is an adrenaline rush!

#9691 1 year ago

I'd use a syringe to back fill that insert with a clear epoxy or resin before covering it with mylar, otherwise that milky part is going to crack off. The syringe is an easily controlled way to apply it, you won't be able to get the syringe underneath it.

1 month later
#9795 1 year ago
Quoted from TFK:

Morning all
Figured I should put this in the group.
Here are our new Mongol models coming soon. These are bigger and redesigned and hand painted.
They will be available through Planetary Pinball in about 2 weeks.
Thanks
Joe
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

$?

#9797 1 year ago

Found this in a friend's box of LPs on the way to Goodwill...

IMG_2079 (resized).jpegIMG_2079 (resized).jpeg

IMG_2080 (resized).jpegIMG_2080 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#9876 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

MRS Switch is an absolute must

Agreed - For the left ramp/right divertor path. I only wish is that it mounted closer to the original switch location - has anyone done this? I'm not great with the delayed gratification of making the shot!

#9884 1 year ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Not sure if this picture helps or not. It's a bit deceiving, but the switch lever does not get activated by the metal "arm" sticking out. It gets activated by the actual target dropping down. I don't think that white piece has anything to do with any of it.
[quoted image]

THAT is one BEAUTIFULLY clean machine!!! Nice work!!!

#9888 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Got a few sets left over. FYI shipped all orders this morning.
[quoted image]

I'm listening to the latest 'Bro, Do You Even Pinball' podcast and the bit at the end, 'Topper Talk', and they discuss acetone vapor smooting of ABS 3D prints. Have you heard of or tried this with your prints?

https://all3dp.com/2/abs-acetone-smoothing-3d-print-vapor-smoothing/

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 10.22.53 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-08-24 at 10.22.53 AM (resized).png

1 week later
#9959 1 year ago
Quoted from harig:

And another question:
The ball shooter on my game seems too strong, causing the ball jumping off the ramp and hitting the glass. Ramp seems ok-no bents. Coil installed is as stated in the manual 23-800
Someone has the same issue?
Was thinking of installing a weaker coil like 25-1000

We had a Shadow at this year's Northwest show that was doing that. Upon inspection the front of the ramp/wireform was raised up and not bolted down through the playfield. Two washers and nylock nuts later and it went the whole 3 day show without another medic call.

2 weeks later
#10003 1 year ago
Quoted from bartron:

Snakewood handles by Joris
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are HOT!

#10004 1 year ago
Quoted from bartron:

Alt Translight
[quoted image][quoted image]

Love that. Where did it come from? Also, nice back panel decal.

1 month later
#10089 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

My phurbas and rings now, with the Spaz Sticks Ultimate Mirror Chrome (after stripping, and painting gloss black undercoat).
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-phurba-and-ring-refinishing-project
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How does your Spaz Sticks Ultimate Mirror Chrome differ from Molotow liquid chrome? I watch some of the Matchbox restoration channels on Youtube that use the Molotow and I've never seen them have to sand and put multiple coats on. It goes on and turns to chrome after a short time.

1 month later
#10193 1 year ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I love my Mantis ramps. Well built and work great.
[quoted image]

Nice looking Shadow you've got there!

2 weeks later
#10233 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Discord sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yah, I don't understand it. How do I find xianek on Discord? I've tried searching but it says that I need their 4 digit tag to know which one they are.

2 weeks later
#10248 1 year ago

Yes, this. Works like a charm, though your gratification of hitting the ramp is delayed a little with the MRS switch mounted further down the wireform.

2 weeks later
#10268 1 year ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Started work on replacing some of my Shadow’s broken plastics

I'd also lay a piece of Mylar here on the new plastic to protect it from the post below:

712f48251ffef0a01ca072136c0ce35058b2b15f (resized).jpg712f48251ffef0a01ca072136c0ce35058b2b15f (resized).jpg

1 week later
#10286 1 year ago
Quoted from LePopHumper:

Imperial sizes are cool too. Didn't seem to find these parts on Marcospecialties either so I'm kinda at a loss here unless somebody helps out.

EDIT - Nevermind. The pages for these are missing. These manuals are usually a great way to find parts.

You can check the parts manual here (the Grey one):

https://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=BOOK

1 month later
#10323 1 year ago

My Rollergames has a fuse on a local driver board hiding under a bunch of wires on the bottom of the playfield.

1 month later
#10425 1 year ago

Hey Shadow club. I'm shopping and reconditioning a Shadow and have run into a snag. The mini playfield appears to be too far forward, causing the ball to exit the vuk wireform right into the adjacent target and glance off it (pics 1 & 2). The mini playfield is resting on the two upright supports at the front and can't lower any more. The backboard also shows that it isn't lowered enough by not lining up with the backboard of the main playfield (pic 3). I don't see any adjustment for the playfield to move forward/back not any way to adjust the height of the uprights.

The only disassembly that I have done to the mini playfield was to remove the drop target assembly, clean it, and reinstall.

(It appears that I have some decal adjustment to do as well...)

Does anyone have some thoughts on what is going on here?

IMG_3429 (resized).jpgIMG_3429 (resized).jpg

IMG_3430 (resized).jpgIMG_3430 (resized).jpg

IMG_3428 (resized).jpgIMG_3428 (resized).jpg

#10428 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Hey Shadow club. I'm shopping and reconditioning a Shadow and have run into a snag. The mini playfield appears to be too far forward

UPDATE - I held the front of the mini pf and pushed the backboard, bending the supports attached to the backboard, which enabled me to at least get the backboards to line up. The playfield is a bit more forward and now sometimes the ball clips the target and sometimes it doesn't. The support posts are more difficult to line up now with the playfield more forward. It should be even farther forward to get the wireform in the middle of the opening, or the VUK wireform should move back, but that isn't possible.

Quoted from tiltmonster:

Can you take a picture of the full upper PF showing the left side? Can you get the post to screw in fully to hold it in place? I wonder if it's not lined up properly and/or not resting correctly.

Yes, I can get the post screw in but I have to reach in and move the post forward to get it to line up (not easy under there!)

Here are more pics including what it looks like beneath the mini PF.

IMG_3431 (resized).jpgIMG_3431 (resized).jpg

IMG_3432 (resized).jpgIMG_3432 (resized).jpg

IMG_3433 (resized).jpgIMG_3433 (resized).jpg

#10431 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Put two washers under the VUK wireform, specifically under the front part. It will properly line up the VUK.

This is a most excellent suggestion, @jonesjb! I will give this a try and report back in a couple days.

I don't remember this being an issue before I started the refurb but maybe I simply wasn't paying attention.

#10440 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Having an issue where the mini playfield drop targets won’t pop back up during battlefield. You hit a target one time and it stays down. Everything works in test so it has me stumped. Any thoughts?

Do the drop target optos register in switch test?

#10443 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Put two washers under the VUK wireform, specifically under the front part. It will properly line up the VUK.

Done and solved! Thank you very much for the input.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Boards
Slap Save Creations

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gogojohnnyquack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=Gogojohnnyquack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.