IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrewNinja.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5628 5 years ago

Pinball Inc is good to go. Ive ordered from them in the past.

1 week later
#5646 4 years ago

I tied mine into the gi that is right next to it. Just soldered the two wires to the nearest bulb on each side.

2 weeks later
#5675 4 years ago

My vote is for black flipper bats and purple Titans. Looks sooooo good.

IMG_20190514_154832 (resized).jpgIMG_20190514_154832 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#5761 4 years ago

My biggest problem with the LED displays is they are too bright even when turned down to the dimmest setting. Plus I like having options of what to display. I've really grown in love with the Scan mode of the LCD.

1 week later
#5794 4 years ago

Cliffy doesn't make any shadow specific protectors yet. I asked him a month or two ago. He hasn't had his hands on a playfield to create one yet. So if someone lives close to him and has a playfield, he sounded like he would love to make them.

#5797 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

He has access to my game any time he needs it. I’ll let him know.

Thats awesome. Thanks!

1 month later
#6147 4 years ago

I agree. I personally would put a piece of metal of some sort (screw driver, nut driver, socket extension, etc) under the metal bracket first, but then yes, hit that shaft with a hammer.

9 months later
#7133 3 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

So what do think of the blue between the original playfield and CPR?

Honestly, after you get it installed you don't even notice. Is it totally the same? Nope. Does it still look amazing? Yup! I had to pull out my old PF and check it to even see the difference.

7 months later
#7895 3 years ago

I have a request that I hope someone can help me out with. My shadow is missing the the screw to hold down the mini playfield. Im hoping to make a new one, but I need some dimensions. Can someone please take some measurements for me? I need to know overall length, width and how long either the threaded part is or the thumb screw part is. If I can get something going, Ill make a bunch of them up for other people too.

22 (resized).jpg22 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#8338 3 years ago

You really need to add some spotlights. Just changing the bulbs wont help as much as you probably want. I have bright white 4 smd's in my GI, and still added spotlights.

#8339 3 years ago

Hey everyone. Just wanted to mention that I added a new item to my pinside shop. Upper battlefield opto covers! Super easy to install, remove the top screw, insert it through the cover and reattach. I currently made up black, purple and blue, as I assumed those would be the colors most people wanted, but can make almost any color (just will have some turn around time as they aren't made obviously). Here is a link to my shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1180-slap-save-creations/04937-the-shadow-upper-playfield-opto-covers

Shadow Opto Covers Purple1 (resized).jpgShadow Opto Covers Purple1 (resized).jpg
#8350 3 years ago

Sure! Ill get some yellow going right now and post a pic later of what they look like

#8351 3 years ago

Yellow sets added! One of the yellows I have is a fairly close match.

woody76 You mentioned getting another color. Since you were the first one to order, pick another color and Ill throw in a set for free to say thanks

Shadow Opto Covers Yellow1 (resized).jpgShadow Opto Covers Yellow1 (resized).jpgShadow Opto Covers Yellow2 (resized).jpgShadow Opto Covers Yellow2 (resized).jpg
#8356 3 years ago

Not all LED's are created equal! Im guessing you put in 12v leds. Find some 5v leds and you should be set. Ill also mention you may want to find some that arent crazy bright either. I just have some random ones I had laying around and had to shove a resistor in with it because they were too bright at first.

#8381 3 years ago

I've had a lot of people over the last few months ask if I was going to reprint the shadow backboard decals I used to have. I've been asked enough that I figured I would make another run. Going forward, Ill try to keep them in stock. Here is a link to them in my pinside shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1180-slap-save-creations/02484-the-shadow-backboard-decal

Also, I should mention, these are NOT the same ones jonesjb makes. Just wanted to make sure there was no confusion

3 weeks later
#8425 3 years ago

In case you were one of the people looking for it, I now have some reproduction shadow battlefield screws up in my pinside shop. These were a lot more work than I expected (mostly a huge learning experience for me). I also had to buy a lot of new equipment/tooling to get it finished close to original. Anyways, if you want one, here is the link to them: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1180-slap-save-creations/05008-the-shadow-upper-playfield-thumbscrew-02-5142

Shadow Screw 2 (resized).jpgShadow Screw 2 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#8440 2 years ago

Question for people. My shadow was a basketcase when I bought it, so I have nothing to compare to. The mode start shot on mine is SUPER difficult to make. I put on titan regular posts, but wondering if putting on the slim stern ones would work better. Right now I almost never shoot for a mode start because its that hard to make the shot (I typically just go for super vengeance jackpot for high scores...). Is that shot supposed to be that difficult to make? I feel like it shouldn't because its a really important shot. I had to put in a CPR playfield, so the posts should be in the correct spot.

#8443 2 years ago

I have to place an order for rubbers anyways, so might as well grab them and try them I guess. Just was wondering if its normally a pretty difficult shot or what. Sounds like it might be.

2 months later
#8647 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Is that city shape decal or the brick that I've seen on some still available as a mod?

I sell a more basic version of the decal. It doesn't have nearly the amount of work into it that JBJones put into his, but it is cheaper! It sits in the back in a darker area, so you probably wont know the difference anyways. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1180-slap-save-creations/02484-the-shadow-backboard-decal

3 weeks later
#8782 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Does anyone have an original translite and speaker panel that they would be willing to sell?
Thanks.

I have my set sitting around after upgrading. If you are still looking throw me an offer

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrewNinja.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=BrewNinja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.