IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Agent_Hero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3250 7 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

I currently have two Shadows in the house, so do I get double credit?

Is one available?

1 month later
#3354 7 years ago

I can stop bugging the local Pinsiders now that I got a Shadow. I put two spotlights on the playfield and one on the Battlefield. The cone that goes on the spotlight was too much of a distraction for me on the Battlefield, so after trying a bunch of colors I went with a flexible/bendie LED in red. My reasoning for using red is probably way over the top, but it's kinda to create a mood like in a stage production. Like if you were watching a performance of the Shadow in an old-time theater, they might cast red lighting to indicate a Battlefield scene.

I like how it really serves to cut off the Battlefield and draw attention to it as being completely separate and the fact that I don't notice the light source at all. Sure I lose the color of the art there, but the design is still visible and the orange inserts are still a bit of a contrast. I had a plain warm white light in the spot light but it just looked too plain--there wasn't much as far as interesting art to be featured up there. Not pictured is the Kenner Thunder cab topper.

20161211_162553 (resized).jpg20161211_162553 (resized).jpg

20161211_162541 (resized).jpg20161211_162541 (resized).jpg

20161211_162611 (resized).jpg20161211_162611 (resized).jpg

#3356 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I like it. The red also creates unity with the scarf. Did you try it with green? Might work with like the eerie green eye in the old radio shows.

I don't have a green bendie. I tried some kind of extra bright green LED and it didn't look as appropriate for the art deco style. I think the green was too light compared to Shadow's green. Also, a normal bulb up there is kinda distracting. With the bendie, it lays flat so I barely notice it. I went through the entire thread over the past month and your LED layout is the kind of style I'm looking to get. My machine came with bright natural white LED's under the slings and near the flippers which brought out the blue and purple there, but like you've said in your posts, warm white is more common for an art deco style. For now, I only have incandescents available to have a warm white look in those areas.

#3358 7 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Your lit battlefield is nice, but when is someone gonna figure out how to only light the upper playfield when it is active?
A mod like that would probably sell to almost everyone who owns a Shadow.

Before doing this, I was looking for a thin, magnetic, motion-activated LED light strip. I found a few for $10 on Amazon that are about 5 inches wide and an inch deep that might've fit either at the front or to the right of the Battlefield, but it probably wouldn't have worked reliably enough.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N76B9WV/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2

Thoughts on that one?

#3362 7 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

Thanks for sharing the pics. I'm actually interested in the ring lighting. Did you do that or did you get it that way? I still have the original, tiny and weak incandescents in there and I need to figure out something else. The ones on yours look pretty bright and even.

It came that way. I don't know of anything special that was done to it--it lights up normal red, but looks blown out in the pictures.

Quoted from jonesjb:

I have green under the battlefield leaking through the cracks, but I really like the red up top and may give it a try. I worry that it may be too Christmasy, so I may try red up top and blue or purple underneath.

Maybe just white? Not sure which temperature, but two different colors back there might not look right.

#3368 7 years ago

Is the cityscape decal for the back section not available? I see a different version on ebay. Also, anyone have a spare green circle Sanctum decal? I pm'ed Trident over the weekend, but haven't heard from him.

1 week later
#3410 7 years ago

Having a heckuva time trying to find the right slope for my machine to play fast yet still be able to make the upper diverter ramp. I currently have the playfield bubble level touching the fourth line from the bottom. The manual says 6.5 is touching the second line from the bottom. Where I'm currently at has an incline of about 6 near the Sanctum entrance, 6.8 at the lower diverter ramp and about 7.8 in between the slings (using the Sears digital bubble level that most have recommended, not some phone app). It plays fine but only the best shots make the upper diverter. I raised the front up to being at the 6.5 level and it played way too slow.

I've read this thread for other's who had this issue, have read Vid's guide for flipper rebuilds to be sure mine are as they should be (I've re-done all of my machines and they feel correct) waxed the playfield and rebuilt the flippers with completely new mechanisms for the two lower flippers and they feel strong enough since I'm not trying to bust through the Sanctum wall. They always make all other shots reliably enough, but even at my current slope the game can still feel a bit floaty--so when I've tried anything approaching the 6.5 area--like 7.0 between the slings--it gets even worse with the floaty game play. My scores have been fine at all levels so I guess I just gotta choose a level and stick with it. It's just weird that this game and TSPP have seemed to give me a lot of fits for leveling whereas my other games set up at 6.8 in the middle of the playfield and play great with minimal fuss beyond the first 10 minutes of leveling them.

7 months later
#4038 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Your gonna build a ball launcher out of a 7000 dollar custom handmade Cabot 1911 that takes over a year to recieve from the company?

Are you trying to ask if he's going to offer the mod for sale to other Shadow owners?

1 year later
#5981 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's missing something.

Googly eyes on Baldwin.

#5993 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

I recognize that it's not to everyone's taste, but I recently got back powdercoated legs and rails. I had expected it to be a bluer purple, but still happy with it. I think it will go well with purple under cabinet lights, purple flashers and purple mode select insert leds.
Finished so far:
* strip, patch and paint cabinet
* repaint coin mechanism
* comet leds
* titan rubbers
* new vinyl apply
* new buttons
* cityscape backdrop sticker
* cityscape pinblades
* black nickel plated gun mechanism
* wood grips
* repainted mongols and daggers
Still to go:
*install pin stadium*
* install pinsound
Install new speakers
* install aurich translight
* install purple under cabinet lights
* install colour did
* install and swap to new playfield
* polish ramps
* new stickers for diverters
* plating of rails
* install backlighting for speaker panel
* capacitor replace circuit boards[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

*replace missing ring?
https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/spareparts/the-shadow-rings.html

#6006 4 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

wow this is a long thread. But I did, I finally joined the group. Mine arrives in a couple days and I am already compiling a list of mods I want. But unsure if I have missed any must haves...
LED pop bumper caps, unsure which color to go with...
Shadow knows flipper tops, Who sells these?
Side blade artwork
Aurich Translite (already purchased)
New chrome gun - Where can you get these?
Walnut gun handle from art - Already purchased
Apron Magnet from Bill - Already purchased.

Some people change the flasher bulb covers to purple. Sanctum wear-covering decal dot that's in the Pinside marketplace. Also, the back board cityscape decal from @jonesjb.

5 months later
#6530 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

They are supposed to be brass. Which look do you want?...
Refined, Art Deco Shadow pulp noir (brass), best accompanied with the Aurich backglass.
OR
Budget, 90's Data East Made-for-TV looking Shadow (black nickel), best accompanied with the original backglass.

Given the choice, would you rather have the Battlefield cover in brass instead of the black nickel? Seems like everyone has said the redone black nickel cover looks phenomenal.

1 month later
#6650 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Here is my flipper orientation.[quoted image]

I'd almost consider that cheating--at best, it's not OEM location.

#6659 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

What is the OEM location? Right up against the metal?

Not bent out into the middle of the playfield!

30003602 (resized).jpg30003602 (resized).jpg
9 months later
#7684 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think the audio in Shadow is stellar. Would be interesting to see the voices replaced with clips from the old time radio show.

Is there a place that has good quality audio for the radio show? It's public domain by now, isn't it?

10 months later
#8928 2 years ago

I'm dealing with a "Check switch 51/Wall target down" error. I've had it fixed in the past using Vid's guide for the Shadow wall target, so it seems like it's more of a fine adjustment issue than something actually faulty. I've narrowed it down to the pressure plate that holds the target in place. His guide has it a bit slanted away from the target. Any tips for the fine adjustment of this plate? I can clear the error in the switches menu, let the game reboot and sometimes the target will finish the self test in the upright position as it should be. Usually, the self test ends with the target in the lowered position which generates the credit dot and error message to check switch 51.

#8932 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Not sure which component you are referring to as the pressure plate, however check part #14 and #16 for wear (the pin on the lower part of the plunger pulls the lever #16 up but the metal of metal causes the pin and slot to become worn over time). People (including myself) have found that replacing these worn parts will address the sorts of issues you are experiencing
[quoted image]

I’m referring to the metal plate with two screws that lies against the brick target.

1 week later
#8954 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Not sure which component you are referring to as the pressure plate, however check part #14 and #16 for wear (the pin on the lower part of the plunger pulls the lever #16 up but the metal of metal causes the pin and slot to become worn over time). People (including myself) have found that replacing these worn parts will address the sorts of issues you are experiencing
[quoted image]

I finally got the parts in to freshen up the wall mechanism and it seems to be rock solid now! Thanks for the help.

4 months later
#9305 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I think his most recent post was removed (I know I reported it). His name is Alexandre Mendes and his last post (from November) is still there in the Pinball Classified Ads group.
I'm not sure how to link to a Facebook post, but if you search for "shadow translite" you should find it
[quoted image]

Pinsider AlexSMendes

5 months later
#9632 1 year ago

I finally got rid of the default Shadow Loops high score of 2, so I got that going for me.

3 weeks later
#9720 1 year ago

What’s the deal with that Alex Mendes guy selling Aurich’s translite on the Facebook pinball groups? Is that what got him banned from this site?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Agent_Hero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=Agent_Hero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.