IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 500vdc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7582 3 years ago

Curious if anyone can spot an obvious deformity with my Mini-Playfield Wire Ramp. I had the mini playfield out to do some servicing, but as I was testing it after reinstalling it, the ball was hitting the edge of the center right target on its way to the battlefield. The wireform mounting screws are tight, and I do see one weld has let loose, but it does not seem to be enough to cause the top to be that far off. I will be looking at that a bit more closely.

The mini playfield seems to be where it should be. The hinge screws are tight, and it is resting on the posts in the recesses correctly, and the hold down screw is in tight.

Seems like the ramp exit should be toward the rear about 1/2" or so. I have looked for photos of this area from other machines to compare with, but none are clear enough to see what is different, although I can see that the ramp exit should be centered in the opening intended for it!
20201006_181834_HDR[1] (resized).jpg20201006_181834_HDR[1] (resized).jpg20201006_181844_HDR[1] (resized).jpg20201006_181844_HDR[1] (resized).jpg

#7596 3 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

A couple things, you say the Battlefield is where it should be but are you absolutely sure the wires & connector for the 4 drops are tucked down past the playfield, may be easiest to lift playfield all the way up and look in back left, that board, wires and connector should clear the playfield underneath. I know I had to carefully tuck all that when closing the Battfield.
Secondly, if you loosen those two 5/16 nuts holding on the vuk wire form can you carefully turn the wire form clockwise at all? If not take that wire form off and see if you can carefully twist the top part of the wire form, without screwing up the weld points obviously.
My wire form does not center on that entrance but it didn’t hit that target.

I did check these things - no wiring in the way, and there is almost no rotation available with those two mounting locations. I tried to gently twist it, but afraid to break a weld. But it does look like I could add washers on the post toward the front of the machine, which tilts the assembly towards the rear. I may try that and if it does not interfere with the ball getting up there each time, that may work.

#7597 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I think it’s pretty standard that the ball clips that target on the way in. Every shadow I’ve seen looks like that

Mine may have been doing that all along, and I just did not notice.

#7598 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

In your first pic, is the Battlefield shroud sitting on the blue plastic?
Here are some pics of where my battlefield sits
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for those pictures! It appears that yours twists a bit in the CW direction (from the top) so it looks like it is aimed to not hit the target.

My plastic guard sits over that blue vertical plastic in the back, but it is not touching it, so no interference.

I may try adding some extra washers under one of the ramp mounting ears, to tilt it to the rear a bit, which makes the exit closer to the center of the battlefield entrance.

Thanks!

Matt

#7613 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

The ball should hug the top of the tube on its way out, giving it more than enough space. Maybe the VUK coil sleeve or something is getting worn out. Upload a short video if possible.

The VUK is really strong. The ball used to catch the back of that target every time.

I tried adding a couple of extra washers on one side, and it tightened up to be very solid. The ball now never seems to hit the back of that target (see photo below). We'll see how it does. So far, it works great. I will watch to see if the ball makes it our every time without falling back into the VUK.

I did take a quick video with the upkick in slow motion. It seems to go straight up, and then almost goes straight to the left, without riding the top rails all the way.

Matt

Screenshot_20201011-230130[1] (resized).pngScreenshot_20201011-230130[1] (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 500vdc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=500vdc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.