Topic Stats

• 6,957 posts
  • 570 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Flystoyer
  • Topic is favorited by 200 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,861 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Untitled (resized).jpg
20200326_005707 (resized).jpg
20200329_153835 (resized).jpg
20200323_150306 (1) (resized).jpg
20200329_141440 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200329-145014_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200329-170345_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200329-170404_Gallery (resized).jpg
20200323_150332 (1) (resized).jpg
76BAB381-C04B-46A4-BE8A-B404D3EB2B1F (resized).jpeg
20200329_113105 (resized).jpg
20200329_113718 (resized).jpg
20200320_170812 (resized).jpg
20200320_170219 (resized).jpg
C8659BD9-AE0B-4388-96E1-01ACCB4F568E (resized).jpeg
20200325_163159 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6957 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 140.
#4901 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Try tilting the angle of the VUK with a washer or two on one of the screws.

Thanks for the advice, will give it a shot

#4902 1 year ago
Quoted from Pingball:

Excited to be part of the club!
Picked up this beautiful machine a few days ago in a trade, loving it so far.
Plays almost perfect, just one issue I'm hoping someone can help me with:
The VUK fires the ball into The Battlefield pretty damn fast. Often the ball will bounce off the opposing targets and back down into the VUK.
Checked the coil and it matches the AE-25-1000 listed in the manual.
Any thoughts?
[quoted image]

Bounces back.into the kicker you say?! Take a video of that. I would love to see it

#4903 1 year ago

pingball

Quoted from Pingball:

The VUK fires the ball into The Battlefield pretty damn fast. Often the ball will bounce off the opposing targets and back down into the VUK.

See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/82#post-3914564

I'll bet you're missing the same part.

Also see https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/83#post-3936710 for a simple fix without the metal part.

#4904 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Baldwin is best.
#EmbraceTheBaldwin

I disagree. But, you did make me chuckle, so thanks for that!

#4905 1 year ago

What was Alec Baldwins best movie?

The Hunt For Red October...

#4906 1 year ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Bounces back.into the kicker you say?! Take a video of that. I would love to see it

For your viewing pleasure

#4907 1 year ago
Quoted from Pingball:

That's pretty nutso. It looks like the habitrail isn't very well secured into the playfield.

#4908 1 year ago

Thanks tiesmasc.

The part is there, functions as a ramp to send the ball back into the wireform.
Tightened down the wireform as it was a bit loose, didn't get the desired results

#4909 1 year ago
Quoted from dudah:

That's pretty nutso. It looks like the habitrail isn't very well secured into the playfield.

I think the loose habitrail was at least taking some momentum off the ball. See my last post for after it's tightened.

#4910 1 year ago
Quoted from Pingball:

Thanks tiesmasc.
The part is there, functions as a ramp to send the ball back into the wireform.
Tightened down the wireform as it was a bit loose, didn't get the desired results

Here is a small vid of my upper playfield. It looks like your wireform exit is angled slightly higher than mine? Also, I had to reshape the blade that was below the exit since it was bashed all out of shape. It took a pair of pliers and a hammer to get it back to the right shape.

#4911 1 year ago
Quoted from Pingball:

After watching this, I think your game may have the wrong coil on the upkicker. It should be AE-25-1000.

#4912 1 year ago

You also might be missing a screw on the base of the wireform that guides the ball up. Your wireform seems angled upwards, so that could be it. Or the wireform could be bent slightly.

#4913 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Here is a small vid of my upper playfield. It looks like your wireform exit is angled slightly higher than mine? Also, I had to reshape the blade that was below the exit since it was bashed all out of shape. It took a pair of pliers and a hammer to get it back to the right shape.

Thanks for the video and suggestions. Played with the angle of the feed and things have improved quite a bit. Still feels like it comes out a bit hot. Maybe I need to look for a dirty coil sleeve

#4914 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

After watching this, I think your game may have the wrong coil on the upkicker. It should be AE-25-1000.

Appreciate the thought. Coil is correct one listed and judging by the solder is original. Had thought of a stronger spring on the plunger but then the switch possibly wouldn't work properly

#4915 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You also might be missing a screw on the base of the wireform that guides the ball up. Your wireform seems angled upwards, so that could be it. Or the wireform could be bent slightly.

Looked at bending it forward more. If I did this it would get in the way of lifting the battlefield. I'm guessing you should be able to raise the battlefield without moving the wire form?

#4916 1 year ago
Quoted from Pingball:

Looked at bending it forward more. If I did this it would get in the way of lifting the battlefield. I'm guessing you should be able to raise the battlefield without moving the wire form?

Sometimes I have to move my wireform very slightly away to raise the Battlefield. Did you check that the base of the wireform has all the screws present and tightened?

#4917 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Sometimes I have to move my wireform very slightly away to raise the Battlefield. Did you check that the base of the wireform has all the screws present and tightened?

They are there and tightened. Adjusting the angle has helped, no more back down to the kicker.

#4918 1 year ago

My wireform doesn't need to be moved to lift the battlefield.

#4919 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

My wireform doesn't need to be moved to lift the battlefield.

My plastic apron around the battlefield has a slight bulge in the middle that can catch the wireform. Just using that as an example as to how close my wireform is to the battlefield.

#4920 1 year ago

Did the screws work?

#4921 1 year ago

Do you have a spring on the coil plunger? Not sure if that matters. Here is a pic of my coil. Mine sometimes bounces back down but kind of rare.

20181014_152922 (resized).jpg
#4922 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Do you have a spring on the coil plunger? Not sure if that matters. Here is a pic of my coil. Mine sometimes bounces back down but kind of rare.
[quoted image]

You bet, spring on top and bottom.
Good thought though.
Thanks

#4923 1 year ago

Anyone want to sell a really nice example Shadow ?

#4924 1 year ago

Haha I'm starting to look too.

How hard is it to get the aurich update at this time

#4925 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haha I'm starting to look too.
How hard is it to get the aurich update at this time

Very hard it seems. I have been waiting for a while but am sure he will make them very soon!

#4926 1 year ago

Totally off topic question, but one I just thought of:

How does the game know which way the ramp diverters are facing if it doesn’t have any switches on them?

#4927 1 year ago

I'd assume if the diverter was already where the game wanted it to face just nothing would happen when it energized the coil, and if it wasn't, when it energized the coil it would change?

#4928 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Totally off topic question, but one I just thought of:
How does the game know which way the ramp diverters are facing if it doesn’t have any switches on them?

The Shadow knows.

Yeah, they're just divertors and the game doesn't need to know which way they are facing because the ball switches are on the wireforms. So that's when the game knows where the ball is, on which ramp.

#4929 1 year ago

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh SNAP.

#4930 1 year ago

Has anyone put a shaker on a Shadow? Is it recommended?... and how do you select what to sync to the vibrations with?

#4931 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The Shadow knows.
Yeah, they're just divertors and the game doesn't need to know which way they are facing because the ball switches are on the wireforms. So that's when the game knows where the ball is, on which ramp.

I think he was probably referencing how before a plunge the game will automatically switch the divertor to a ring you still need if the other has already been hit.

#4932 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

So that's when the game knows where the ball is, on which ramp.

Hmm... I'm not so sure about that. When the game starts up, with the latest ROM, it'll move the diverters. At first I thought it was just switching it to a known default position--like all the the right or left, but it just flops them to the opposite side of whatever they were set to regardless of how they were previously set, and then it'll highlight the correct skillshot once a game is started. So it seems the game even knows the positions of them before any switches are ever hit.

#4933 1 year ago

I read everyone's advice on repairing the Sanctum area and I am grateful for all the help!!! I went with JB Weld at 3960 PSI and couldn't be happier!! Instead of airbrushing the paint, ETC, I went with the decal and love it... Thanks to all...

20181011_115211 (resized).jpg20181011_130443 (resized).jpg20181013_194252 (resized).jpg20181013_195129 (resized).jpg20181013_233846 (resized).jpg
#4934 1 year ago

Do they have a decal that matches the color of the PF? Wonder why they wouldn't make it match?

#4935 1 year ago

That repair job is very well done. You can always revisit that area and repaint but you will never have to worry about a wear spot again. I am not sure why someone hasn’t made a decal overlay that matches the color better.

#4936 1 year ago

I preemptively purchased the aurich alternate translite package and speaker panel. I don't see myself actually getting a Shadow pin anytime soon so I may be open to selling it to a pinsider who could actually use it.

#4937 1 year ago
Quoted from TheHueManatee:

I preemptively purchased the aurich alternate translite package and speaker panel. I don't see myself actually getting a Shadow pin anytime soon so I may be open to selling it to a pinsider who could actually use it.

sale pending

#4938 1 year ago

For owners that have pinstadiums does this lights brighten the upper pf too?

#4939 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

For owners that have pinstadiums does this lights brighten the upper pf too?

Yes.

#4940 1 year ago

Having a row 6 short issue on my TS. Post here if anybody can help I’d really appreciate it

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/row-6-ground-short-shadow-please-help#post-4645905

#4941 1 year ago

I got a new plastics set, does anyone know where this piece goes??

Thanks!

20181021_123404 (resized).jpg
#4942 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I got a new plastics set, does anyone know where this piece goes??
Thanks!
[quoted image]

It mounts on the bottom of the mini-playfield to stop any balls going over the top of the orbit ball guide and underneath of the min-playfield

#4943 1 year ago

Hi all, what are the main points to check out when looking to buy The Shadow? Sanctum wear...

#4944 1 year ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Hi all, what are the main points to check out when looking to buy The Shadow?

Check the ramp diverter mechanisms for stress fractures. The coils stops and brackets have become unobtainable these days.

Check for cracks in the metal ramp entrances, though Mantis Amusements sells replacements for these.

And check the battlefield motor rack and pinion assembly. There are almost always cracked or split. Not a dealbreaker since they can be rewelded or epoxied, but it’s something to look for.

Everything else is standard pinball stuff to look for.

#4945 1 year ago
Quoted from Pingball:

Well. Sorry but thats funny

#4946 1 year ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Well. Sorry but thats funny

For a fee I can rig yours to do the same

#4947 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Check the ramp diverter mechanisms for stress fractures. The coils stops and brackets have become unobtainable these days.
Check for cracks in the metal ramp entrances, though Mantis Amusements sells replacements for these.
And check the battlefield motor rack and pinion assembly. There are almost always cracked or split. Not a dealbreaker since they can be rewelded or epoxied, but it’s something to look for.
Everything else is standard pinball stuff to look for.

Thanks!

#4948 1 year ago

I haven’t been keeping up enough on this thread — is the black battlefield apron still unobtanium? Curious what one goes for if you can find it?

#4949 1 year ago

I see that Ministry of Pinball make a sanctum overlay in dark and light grey. Do either of those match the Playfield color?

#4950 1 year ago

I believe someone posted that backboard decal (city scape one) - can you repost again? Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
$ 37.50
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 50.00
There are 6957 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 140.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside