IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 219.
#4851 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

The back of the playfield and the battlefield does not allign when the battlefield playfield is fully down and locked. Is this normal? It plays well and hardly noticeable when playing. Just curious.
[quoted image]

Mine in uneven as well, but it might be the other way around

#4852 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

The back of the playfield and the battlefield does not allign when the battlefield playfield is fully down and locked. Is this normal? It plays well and hardly noticeable when playing. Just curious.
[quoted image]

As far as I know this is normal. My current Shadow is uneven as was my previous one.

Though it is easy to get the mini PF slightly hung up and not all the way down, so make sure it’s sitting on the post that the screw threads into just to be sure.

On that note, does anyone know of a source for the mini PF thumb screw (or have an extra they will sell)? I’m currently using a correct thread bolt with a rubber washer, as this Shadow arrived without one )-:

#4853 5 years ago

What is the purpose of the smaller coil on the battlefield drop target assembly? It looks like it knocks the target down without needing the ball to hit it. What circumstance would make that happen?

The only circumstance I can think of is if the ball gets stuck behind the target, the ball search will free it.

#4854 5 years ago
Quoted from Nds777:

What is the purpose of the smaller coil on the battlefield drop target assembly? It looks like it knocks the target down without needing the ball to hit it. What circumstance would make that happen?
The only circumstance I can think of is if the ball gets stuck behind the target, the ball search will free it.

Maybe used for multi-player games, when returning to the state where the previous player was at?? Can't test mine at the moment as I'm in the middle of doing some repairs

#4855 5 years ago
Quoted from Nds777:

What circumstance would make that happen?

For ball search when a ball gets trapped behind the target.

#4856 5 years ago
Quoted from Nds777:

I know that when you score enough jackpots..the cpu lowers the drop target to the upper playfield and lights the super-jackpot.

#4857 5 years ago

Does anybody know the part number of the coil stop of the yellow mini playfield kicker. It's not listed in the manual?

#4858 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Does anybody know the part number of the coil stop of the yellow mini playfield kicker. It's not listed in the manual?

Hey Fortitude Valley! I lived in Brisbane for 10 years, how is the pinball scene in Brisbane these days? I have to get back, so many friends there.

#4859 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Hey Fortitude Valley! I lived in Brisbane for 10 years, how is the pinball scene in Brisbane these days? I have to get back, so many friends there.

Hey the Valley is alive and kicking. Brisbane is the Pinball capital of the southern hemisphere! We have more sited Pinballs than Sydney or Melbourne and we just had the biggest Pinball competition in the southern hemisphere - The Brisbane Masters.
In other words you really should come back for a visit.

#4860 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

According to the bill of material that Coil Stop is Row 1027

I replaced it too!

03d3ed1eb1e65c545be17ee76d9e6132e85fca4b (resized).jpg03d3ed1eb1e65c545be17ee76d9e6132e85fca4b (resized).jpg
#4861 5 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

According to the bill of material that Coil Stop is Row 1027
I replaced it too![quoted image]

Thank you very much!

#4862 5 years ago

I'm having some problems with my sanctum drop target. During the lock sequence, the target drops, the ball goes in the lock like it should, the target goes back up, then right back down, then up for a second, and then down for good. It will correct itself later in the game like at the start of another ball. It sometimes works fine.

I've always had this issue and got it to be fairly rare with adjusting the switch at the bottom of the sanctum target. I recently made an adjustment to the bottom screw to get the target to sit more level to the playfield when down. For some reason this made the sanctum target act up like 1 out of 3 lock sequences. I've tried to adjust the switch and it does trigger by the wall coming down. Works perfectly in switch test. Does this switch need to be adjusted a certain way? It seems pretty simple but something is not right.

#4863 5 years ago

May be a flaky switch that detects when it is down? Switch #51 I believe. Mine works fine but whoever had it before me adjusted the crap out of it to make it work. It’s mangled.

#4864 5 years ago

Hey guys, I bought my shadow a little over a year ago as a project and after a lot of hard work repairing the sanctum and clearing both playfields I'm finally beginning to assemble the playfield. Now I am to the point that I need to start installing bulbs, I want to go with Coin taker premium non-ghosting. but I would like to see what the kit they offer looks like. so does anyone have photos of the kit that they offer installed on their game?

#4865 5 years ago
Quoted from hawk370:

Hey guys, I bought my shadow a little over a year ago as a project and after a lot of hard work repairing the sanctum and clearing both playfields I'm finally beginning to assemble the playfield. Now I am to the point that I need to start installing bulbs, I want to go with Coin taker premium non-ghosting. but I would like to see what the kit they offer looks like. so does anyone have photos of the kit that they offer installed on their game?

Personally, I feel you would be better not to use a kit.
Look at the Pictures in the Gallery section of this thread.
Youll see tons of examples. Decide, based on your eyes, taste, other games, and room lighting,
whether you want White, Sunlight, or Warm White for GI.
Do all your GI in a frosted Bulb, either 1 SMD or Brighter 2 SMD...what is in new games.

Color match your inserts.

Now in looking at games, youll see color in some GI, different colors to light modes, and variations on Shadow battlefield. Pick what you like, grab some extra to experiment....

You should be able to complete the game for between $90-$120, depending on choices and extras.

#4866 5 years ago
Quoted from hawk370:

You will probably want the led ocd board so don’t get non ghosting.

I felt lazy and bought a cointaker kit for another pin and I hated it - bad use of color. We are lucky that someone has already made a list of all the color and type of bulbs needed if you do a search. I replaced the GI bulbs on mine with comet warm 2 smd and it made a huge difference in visibility. I’ll get around to the insterts eventually.

#4867 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I'm having some problems with my sanctum drop target. During the lock sequence, the target drops, the ball goes in the lock like it should, the target goes back up, then right back down, then up for a second, and then down for good. It will correct itself later in the game like at the start of another ball. It sometimes works fine.
I've always had this issue and got it to be fairly rare with adjusting the switch at the bottom of the sanctum target. I recently made an adjustment to the bottom screw to get the target to sit more level to the playfield when down. For some reason this made the sanctum target act up like 1 out of 3 lock sequences. I've tried to adjust the switch and it does trigger by the wall coming down. Works perfectly in switch test. Does this switch need to be adjusted a certain way? It seems pretty simple but something is not right.

I had the same issue on mine. The slot in the bracket pivot assembly (A-18777) and the associated pin on the plunger bracket (A-18752) can become worn and create the symptom you are experiencing - the slot becomes slightly enlarged while a groove will be worn on the pin. The amount of wear may not look that much but there is enough slop now in the movement that you can get these intermittent issues and replacing them for me fixed the issue.

#4868 5 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I had the same issue on mine. The slot in the bracket pivot assembly (A-18777) and the associated pin on the plunger bracket (A-18752) can become worn and create the symptom you are experiencing - the slot becomes slightly enlarged while a groove will be worn on the pin. The amount of wear may not look that much but there is enough slop now in the movement that you can get these intermittent issues and replacing them for me fixed the issue.

Appreciate the info. Probably need to do the same and get everything fresh. I don't see where you can buy A-18752. Everyone sold out. Where did you source yours?

#4869 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Appreciate the info. Probably need to do the same and get everything fresh. I don't see where you can buy A-18752. Everyone sold out. Where did you source yours?

I got it from Marco earlier this year but seems they are now out of stock. Had a quick search - Pinball Heaven in the UK have them in stock https://www.pinball.co.uk/product/shadow/bracket-plunger-a-18752/

1 week later
#4870 5 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I got it from Marco earlier this year but seems they are now out of stock. Had a quick search - Pinball Heaven in the UK have them in stock https://www.pinball.co.uk/product/shadow/bracket-plunger-a-18752/

Don't think they have it either. That or their website is broken. I've been busy with other stuff but finally pulled the sanctum assembly. Those parts are definitely worn. There is a big groove in pin but there is a plastic sleeve covering it up. Sleeve forces the contact area to lower section of pin where not worn. I take it this is not stock. Decent solution if part is no longer available. I ordered another bracket (a-18777) so hope that fixes it.

20180916_200502 (resized).jpg20180916_200502 (resized).jpg
#4871 5 years ago

I have been working on getting The Shadow up and running/balanced/lit up and all that good stuff. Now that the game is a bit more playable, I am finding that the left loop is basically a drain 90% of the time without a nudge. I looked at the metal guide, and it appears that there is a 'crease' in the guide -- I'll snap a pic, but the orbit is almost assuredly a drain stdm if it exits slowly. I haven't looked to see if it bounces off the post at the end of the metal guide, or if the crease is the cause of the issue.

Is this normal? Anybody else have this issue? The game is already hard enough, I don't need an auto-drain from a common shot!

#4872 5 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I have been working on getting The Shadow up and running/balanced/lit up and all that good stuff. Now that the game is a bit more playable, I am finding that the left loop is basically a drain 90% of the time without a nudge. I looked at the metal guide, and it appears that there is a 'crease' in the guide -- I'll snap a pic, but the orbit is almost assuredly a drain stdm if it exits slowly. I haven't looked to see if it bounces off the post at the end of the metal guide, or if the crease is the cause of the issue.
Is this normal? Anybody else have this issue? The game is already hard enough, I don't need an auto-drain from a common shot!

If you are referring to the right to left orbit shot it should roll down along the slings to the left flipper. It should not drain or even come close to stdm. Occasionally if slow enough it will bounce off the top of the sling and go to the outlane.

#4873 5 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

As in it comes out on the right? Try adjusting your upper right flipper.

#4874 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

As in it comes out on the right? Try adjusting your upper right flipper.

Comes out on the left orbit, bounces off that post (possibly) and then is a SDTM most of the time. This is coming out of the left loop, and only if it's a slow exit from the orbit. I'll take a picture of the crease I am talking about when I get home.

#4875 5 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Comes out on the left orbit, bounces off that post (possibly) and then is a SDTM most of the time. This is coming out of the left loop, and only if it's a slow exit from the orbit. I'll take a picture of the crease I am talking about when I get home.

Oh, I think you are talking about the shadow loop. There is a post at the end that the ball will hit if going slowly and possibly sdtm. I will push up on the table slightly when it hits the loop to nudge the ball more off the post to send it over to the upper right flipper or at least not to the middle. It happens.

#4876 5 years ago

I am speaking about the left loop with the Mongol hurry up shot. The game is resetting right now, so I have other things to tend to -- hopefully I can drain soon again!

#4877 5 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I am speaking about the left loop with the Mongol hurry up shot. The game is resetting right now, so I have other things to tend to -- hopefully I can drain soon again!

Fix your upper right flipper. Perhaps take a photo.

#4878 5 years ago

The ball travels as outlined in this photo. I am just wondering if the guide is creased in this spot for anyone else or if the post sticks out a bit and seems to be causing the ball to drain sdtm for anyone else.

It sounds like it's abnormal and I'll look to fix it since
its frustrating for players who come over and drain off it repeatedly.

20180921_113924 (resized).jpg20180921_113924 (resized).jpg20180922_093802 (resized).jpg20180922_093802 (resized).jpg

#4879 5 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

The ball travels as outlined in this photo. I am just wondering if the guide is creased in this spot for anyone else or if the post sticks out a bit and seems to be causing the ball to drain sdtm for anyone else.
It sounds like it's abnormal and I'll look to fix it since
its frustrating for players who come over and drain off it repeatedly.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t think the metal wall is inserted correctly. From memory, the metal tab should be inserted into the playfield. It looks like is popped out.

#4880 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I don’t think the metal wall is inserted correctly. From memory, the metal tab should be inserted into the playfield. It looks like is popped out.

Perfect! Well, I mean, exactly the info I am after. Hopefully the tab hasn't beat up the playfield too badly, thanks!

#4881 5 years ago

Here’s how it looks on mine... the lane guide is barely over the post sleeve. A9E39724-AA0C-4753-85B7-FD9A15A0870D (resized).jpegA9E39724-AA0C-4753-85B7-FD9A15A0870D (resized).jpeg5CB95C90-0523-4104-978B-BDAA567D3074 (resized).jpeg5CB95C90-0523-4104-978B-BDAA567D3074 (resized).jpeg

#4882 5 years ago

That rubber there could possibly be the wrong size - too thick. But it does look like the screw holding the guide rail down is either loose or missing.

I have one of my Shadows torn apart and just took a pic for you.

20180922_171705 (resized).jpg20180922_171705 (resized).jpg20180922_171717 (resized).jpg20180922_171717 (resized).jpg
#4883 5 years ago

In the mode “Discover Hotel Monolith” the game will spit out 2 balls and occasionally it will give me 3. I assume this is a 2 ball multi ball and not 3?

#4884 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

In the mode “Discover Hotel Monolith” the game will spit out 2 balls and occasionally it will give me 3. I assume this is a 2 ball multi ball and not 3?

Correct. 2 ball multiball. Although it would be interesting to see the mode with an add-a-ball.

#4885 5 years ago

Flaky trough opto maybe?

#4886 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for helping me look into this little annoyance, wow!

#4887 5 years ago

Going off the deep end with my new winter project...

20180921_134217 (resized).jpg20180921_134217 (resized).jpg20180921_134311 (resized).jpg20180921_134311 (resized).jpg
#4888 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Going off the deep end with my new winter project...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome!

I'm very tempted to buy a replacement myself........

#4889 5 years ago

I bought one too. Let us know if you find any issues with alignment/fit and finish.

#4890 5 years ago
Quoted from Nds777:

I bought one too. Let us know if you find any issues with alignment/fit and finish.

I will most likely be asking for help and advice throughout this whole process. After the swap, I tend to refinish the original playfield to try and recoup some of the cost. I'm looking forward to it!

#4891 5 years ago

I was going to buy a bronze model, now I am considering touching up the original and just sending it out for clearcoating for half the price. Curious how it fits as well though. Might still buy one if the price is right.

#4892 5 years ago

Ive finally added a few new gun Grips in exotic wood my store.
Black Walnut, in Hand rubbed....Ill be adding a shiny one soon....
Blonde Maple....At a lower price, $49 inc shipping.
These can get a light sand and stain, if one wishes to go with any other colors.....

and one pair of Mercury Dime inlay in Walnut....

Thanks for all the support!

Leopard Wood inlaid with      (resized).jpgLeopard Wood inlaid with (resized).jpgMaple Grip2 (resized).pngMaple Grip2 (resized).pngWalnut Grip Mercury Dimes Inlay (resized).jpgWalnut Grip Mercury Dimes Inlay (resized).jpgWalnut Grip2 (resized).jpgWalnut Grip2 (resized).jpggrip2 Red Heartood (resized).jpggrip2 Red Heartood (resized).jpggrips walnutinlay (resized).jpggrips walnutinlay (resized).jpg
#4893 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ive finally added a few new gun Grips in exotic wood my store.
Black Walnut, in Hand rubbed....Ill be adding a shiny one soon....
Blonde Maple....At a lower price, $49 inc shipping.
These can get a light sand and stain, if one wishes to go with any other colors.....
and one pair of Mercury Dime inlay in Walnut....
Thanks for all the support![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Highly recommended. I bought Art’s grips with the Mercury Dimes and they are beautiful. They really make a visual impact and feel great in the hands.

#4894 5 years ago

Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers Available for The Shadow, 5 minutes to install:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/02000-the-shadow-lighted-magnetic-hinge-cover-dark-blue

You can get these customized in 8 colors, however our dark blue is a beautiful rich dark blue matching the game and is highly recommended for The Shadow!

110v_220V_12V_lighted_magnetic_hinge_covers_pinball_EL_panel_mod_power_supply_all_parts_included (resized).jpg110v_220V_12V_lighted_magnetic_hinge_covers_pinball_EL_panel_mod_power_supply_all_parts_included (resized).jpglighted_magnetic_hinge_covers_pinball_EL_panel_mod_iron_maiden_guardians_of_the_galaxy_star_wars_aerosmith_pinball_mods (resizedlighted_magnetic_hinge_covers_pinball_EL_panel_mod_iron_maiden_guardians_of_the_galaxy_star_wars_aerosmith_pinball_mods (resizedthe shadow hinge cover text (resized).jpgthe shadow hinge cover text (resized).jpgtwilight_zone_pinball_mod_lighted_magnetic_hinge_cover_EL_panel_LED_lighting_custom_pin_diy_repair (resized).jpgtwilight_zone_pinball_mod_lighted_magnetic_hinge_cover_EL_panel_LED_lighting_custom_pin_diy_repair (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4895 5 years ago

If anybody needs my "stupid green dot" I still have them.

thumbnail_IMG_4872 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_4872 (resized).jpg
#4896 5 years ago

Excited to be part of the club!
Picked up this beautiful machine a few days ago in a trade, loving it so far.

Plays almost perfect, just one issue I'm hoping someone can help me with:

The VUK fires the ball into The Battlefield pretty damn fast. Often the ball will bounce off the opposing targets and back down into the VUK.
Checked the coil and it matches the AE-25-1000 listed in the manual.

Any thoughts?

IMG_20181006_135109 (resized).jpgIMG_20181006_135109 (resized).jpg
#4897 5 years ago
Quoted from Pingball:

Excited to be part of the club!
Picked up this beautiful machine a few days ago in a trade, loving it so far.
Plays almost perfect, just one issue I'm hoping someone can help me with:
The VUK fires the ball into The Battlefield pretty damn fast. Often the ball will bounce off the opposing targets and back down into the VUK.
Checked the coil and it matches the AE-25-1000 listed in the manual.
Any thoughts?
[quoted image]

Try tilting the angle of the VUK with a washer or two on one of the screws.

#4898 5 years ago

Just bought my second Shadow. Only bad part is my new shadow is all original and I’m looking for the Aurich alternative translite and speaker panel. Are these still available for sale? I’ve contacted Aurich and never received a reply.

#4899 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Just bought my second Shadow. Only bad part is my new shadow is all original

Baldwin is best.
#EmbraceTheBaldwin

#4900 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Just bought my second Shadow. Only bad part is my new shadow is all original and I’m looking for the Aurich alternative translite and speaker panel. Are these still available for sale? I’ve contacted Aurich and never received a reply.

He was doing an interest list at one point but I don't know if he still is.

I'm close to just resorting to one of the kinda less bad (but not great) ebay ones.

#getoffmygamebaldwin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/98?hl=pingball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.