IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 219.
#4801 5 years ago

I bulid my own plastic protectors for the shadow. It looks much better in real life.

IMG_20180808_194059 (resized).jpgIMG_20180808_194059 (resized).jpgIMG_20180808_194201 (resized).jpgIMG_20180808_194201 (resized).jpgIMG_20180812_124852 (resized).jpgIMG_20180812_124852 (resized).jpg
#4802 5 years ago

I installed the Bent Plastic reflection blocker on my shadow this weekend and it had a huge impact on seeing the back part of the playfield.
With all the talk of how dark this game is, especially at the battlefield, I’m surprised no one else has mentioned them.

#4803 5 years ago
Quoted from Nds777:

I installed the Bent Plastic reflection blocker on my shadow this weekend and it had a huge impact on seeing the back part of the playfield.
With all the talk of how dark this game is, especially at the battlefield, I’m surprised no one else has mentioned them.

I use them on all my games I don't have my DIY stadium lighting installed (the lighting eliminates the DMD glare). Shadow is certainly a game with bad DMD reflections that can benefit from the glare guards.

#4804 5 years ago
Quoted from Nds777:

They've been mentioned plenty. I think they are ugly. A fair number of people use a polarizing filter instead. It works very well in conjunction with a ColorDMD.

http://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1892.htm

#4805 5 years ago

Has anyone watched the Dead Flip Deadpool stream? The pin looks like a lot of fun. There seems to be a mode very similar to vengeance mode called Katana-Rama Time. You need to light the 3 gems on each of the two katana blades. Here is a link:

#4806 5 years ago

how impossible is it to find aurich translite? looking at s shadow with original translite. thought they were all converted

#4807 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

how impossible is it to find aurich translite? looking at s shadow with original translite. thought they were all converted

I'm keeping the original on the Shadow I'm keeping. I actually prefer it after having two side by side - original and alternate.

#4809 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

He’s got a list for if he does another run, shoot him a PM.

#4810 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Not Aurich but not terrible. Anyone bought this one?
ebay.com link » The Shadow Pinball Alternate Translite 2 Versions Plus Decals

Yes I bought one - it looks good in the flesh although I'm yet to install it

#4811 5 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes I bought one - it looks good in the flesh although I'm yet to install it

cool. would love to see it lit with leds behind it

#4812 5 years ago

I love my alt translite. It fits the backbox LED positions perfectly.

Screenshot_20180818-080108 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180818-080108 (resized).png
#4813 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Not Aurich but not terrible. Anyone bought this one?
ebay.com link » The Shadow Pinball Alternate Translite 2 Versions Plus Decals

I would probably get one of these if not for the lady in red lingerie/maid with her dress falling off. I ordered one of his Star Trek translites in the past and was happy with it. I also happen to think the Aurich one just looks cooler in this case.

#4814 5 years ago

Installed a led strip in the back. Should I mask the part over the small playfield?

IMG_20180818_013517_541 (resized).jpgIMG_20180818_013517_541 (resized).jpg
#4815 5 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Installed a led strip in the back. Should I mask the part over the small playfield?
[quoted image]

I would cover the section over the mini playfield led's. I also put a strip in the back and didn't like the glare from the playfield. It also washed out the lighting in the inserts. I would cover with tape or just cut off the part section you don't want.

#4816 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I would cover the section over the mini playfield led's. I also put a strip in the back and didn't like the glare from the playfield. It also washed out the lighting in the inserts. I would cover with tape or just cut off the part section you don't want.

I think it looks very nice as it is. I would not cover anything.
I used blue above the mini playfield and red on the right.

IMG_20180815_160323 (resized).jpgIMG_20180815_160323 (resized).jpg
#4817 5 years ago

I have a spare, green glow ball, that I put in Shadow a few days ago. Holy cow is that a fast ball! Butter smooth and lighting fast around the ramps!

Just did it for the heck of it and will remove it soon, but what a fun experiment.

#4818 5 years ago

Just got my CPR Gold playfield + discounted mini playfield. I will keep people posted on how it goes. Will start this winter when I'm bored. but im going to start thinking how I'm going to wire up the headlight inserts now.

20180815_185258 (resized).jpg20180815_185258 (resized).jpg20180815_185331_001 (resized).jpg20180815_185331_001 (resized).jpg
#4819 5 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Just got my CPR Gold playfield + discounted mini playfield. I will keep people posted on how it goes. Will start this winter when I'm bored. but im going to start thinking how I'm going to wire up the headlight inserts now.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I got my gold PF and mini PF awhile back as well. They are both amazing looking and I too am waiting for winter to do the swap. For me it’s a matter of garage temperature rather than boredom, it’s too f-ing hot to work out there yet.

#4820 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

I think it looks very nice as it is. I would not cover anything.
I used blue above the mini playfield and red on the right.[quoted image]

That looks awesome!

Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I want one so bad.. but mine is fine except for above the magnet. Will probly end repairing it and spraymaxxing it.

#4821 5 years ago

Question for y’all... when I power up my Shadow it always fires the shooter once. Is that normal behavior? I’ve checked all my switches and connectors and they seem to be sound.

#4822 5 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

I love my alt translite. It fits the backbox LED positions perfectly.
[quoted image]

That’s not bad! Did you make it?

#4823 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

That’s not bad! Did you make it?

The person I bought it from who is also a friend is a graphic designer. He made it. Did a good job.

#4824 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Question for y’all... when I power up my Shadow it always fires the shooter once. Is that normal behavior? I’ve checked all my switches and connectors and they seem to be sound.

Mine does not.

#4825 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yes, mine does.

#4826 5 years ago

A while back someone on here had the .pdf of the cityscape scene for the back panel. Anyone have it to share?

Thx

#4827 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I think this was added in a later ROM.

#4828 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

A while back someone on here had the .pdf of the cityscape scene for the back panel. Anyone have it to share?
Thx

Pm your email and I can mail it.

#4829 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Huh, that would be weird. Wonder why?

I was half wondering if my shooter switch might be a little flaky.

#4830 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Mine does as well. Actually both Shadows I’ve owned have done that, and they were/are both on the newest ROM version.

#4831 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Huh, that would be weird. Wonder why?
I was half wondering if my shooter switch might be a little flaky.

It's because if you turn the ball off after a tilt, there is no way to plunge the ball, so it does this, just in case.

#4832 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Mine does not.

I apologize, I looked at it again and it did auto plunge. I swear the first time I checked that it didn’t. Weird.

#4833 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

This is true. My game had a 2nd revision ROM in it when I bought it, and it did not fire the plunger upon startup. I upgraded to the latest rom and it now fires the plunger (along with a litany of other solenoids like the the sanctum wall).

#4834 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

This is true. My game had a 2nd revision ROM in it when I bought it, and it did not fire the plunger upon startup. I upgraded to the latest rom and it now fires the plunger (along with a litany of other solenoids like the the sanctum wall).

Huh that's not what mine does, it just fires the shooter and moves the battlefield back and forth. I'm running LX-6.

I guess it's not hurting anything, I just thought it was kinda weird.

#4835 5 years ago

I couldn’t decide between mirror blades or graphics so I used both.

0471FE95-8B67-4838-8834-23D8BDD6E1FD (resized).jpeg0471FE95-8B67-4838-8834-23D8BDD6E1FD (resized).jpeg04E5821C-5A65-4782-8062-451596DB5C9D (resized).jpeg04E5821C-5A65-4782-8062-451596DB5C9D (resized).jpeg0A3CB93D-BE13-4E9B-9BA6-D9483E003484 (resized).jpeg0A3CB93D-BE13-4E9B-9BA6-D9483E003484 (resized).jpeg7D00DD5A-48EE-4BFA-BD0E-848949BFF146 (resized).jpeg7D00DD5A-48EE-4BFA-BD0E-848949BFF146 (resized).jpeg98984FB8-DE98-478D-B645-E7806C7928DE (resized).jpeg98984FB8-DE98-478D-B645-E7806C7928DE (resized).jpegDFE82A70-4794-41A4-A938-3C8DA63E775B (resized).jpegDFE82A70-4794-41A4-A938-3C8DA63E775B (resized).jpeg
#4836 5 years ago

I dig that!

#4837 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I couldn’t decide between mirror blades or graphics so I used both.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome! Where did you get the graphics from. Love to do that to my Shadow.

#4838 5 years ago

New Shadow owner here.

Can some one take a picture of the area between the left ramp and the battlefield? I'm getting a lot of stuck balls when they roll off the battlefield field, and land between the back of the left ramp and the wireform.

#4839 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

That looks awesome! Where did you get the graphics from. Love to do that to my Shadow.

The gameblades came from here:

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/the-shadow

There are two different ones to choose from. I also did this with my Dirty Harry because my mirror blades came damaged and needed something to cover up the blemishes.

1FE5791C-FCEC-4660-BE32-41BF0D96F614 (resized).jpeg1FE5791C-FCEC-4660-BE32-41BF0D96F614 (resized).jpegE6E98146-2F84-4600-8031-04062FA7031B (resized).jpegE6E98146-2F84-4600-8031-04062FA7031B (resized).jpeg
#4840 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

New Shadow owner here.
Can some one take a picture of the area between the left ramp and the battlefield? I'm getting a lot of stuck balls when they roll off the battlefield field, and land between the back of the left ramp and the wireform.

Welcome to the club! There should be two clear plastic guards in that area. A triangle piece under the exit of the battlefield, and a vertical rectangle piece right behind the ramp divertor.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4841 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Welcome to the club! There should be two clear plastic guards in that area. A triangle piece under the exit of the battlefield, and a vertical rectangle piece right behind the ramp divertor.

Ah ha! I am missing both those pieces, which explains a lot. I have a new plastics set, but do you have any idea how to track down the mounting hardware?

#4842 5 years ago

Also, does anyone have a scan of the backglass and/or speaker panel?

Thanks!

#4843 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Ah ha! I am missing both those pieces, which explains a lot. I have a new plastics set, but do you have any idea how to track down the mounting hardware?

I tend to get a lot of my parts from Marco Specialties:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/

You can go to "Shop By Game" tab and look for The Shadow. There you will find the majority of parts you need. Also if you have a manual, a lot of part numbers and schematics can be found within, which would help you tracking down your search. Unfortunately, I just did a check for the clear parts and they are out of stock.

#4844 5 years ago

My Battlefield black plastic that covers switches and surrounds the upper playfield is cracked and broken into pieces. I've checked all suppliers I could think of and am wondering if anyone has any ideas where to find one? Or does anyone have one laying around in great condition?

#4845 5 years ago

The back of the playfield and the battlefield does not allign when the battlefield playfield is fully down and locked. Is this normal? It plays well and hardly noticeable when playing. Just curious.

20180824_084554 (resized).jpg20180824_084554 (resized).jpg
#4846 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

The back of the playfield and the battlefield does not allign when the battlefield playfield is fully down and locked. Is this normal? It plays well and hardly noticeable when playing. Just curious.
[quoted image]

There is a good chance the battlefield is not fully down. Maybe wiggle a little where the screw is.

#4847 5 years ago

I had that happen once when I forgot to put the Battlefield back down before lowering the playfield. The rear hinge on the battlefield just needed to be slightly bent back into position.

#4848 5 years ago

Does anybody have the part number of the coil stop for the battlefield yellow kicker. Somehow the manual gives no information on the coil size and coil stop.

And another question. During multiball do all the balls come out right away and stay in play? I sometimes get one or two ball locked away for a while to be released 5 to 10 seconds after multiball started. Is this normal?

#4849 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

I sometimes get one or two ball locked away for a while to be released 5 to 10 seconds after multiball started. Is this normal?

Yup, you want to lock balls in MB then hit the loop for double or triple and eventually a Super Jackpot.

#4850 5 years ago

I played about 5 games today and was getting frustrated since each one were crap, barely reaching over a hundred million on a few. Then out of know where I played my last one and made it to the final battle. I got one shot away from completing it. What a rush! The sad part was the last shot was the easy right orbit. I can hit that at will most times but was just too excited to nail it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/97?hl=yellowghost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.