IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 219.
#4751 5 years ago

I encountered a problem tonight with my upper playfield paddle. It stopped kicking the ball forward. I checked the switches and everything is ok except when I go into solenoid T.4 15 Mini Kicker it is not pulsing. Is this the paddle kick? I'm assuming either a wire came loose from the coil or the coil is bad? I just wanted some opinions before i tear the playfield off and try to diagnose.

#4752 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I posted earlier with some speaker woes. Bottom line, the sound board is good. I have FF speakers.
The problem: on boot up, the back box speakers give a steady pop, like a rapid drumbeat. I believe I’ve narrowed the problem to a grounding issue.
When I touch both speakers at the same time, the problem goes away.
Can someone post a picture of where the grounding cables are located in the backbox? Maybe I have something backwards.
This is my backbox:[quoted image]

Pretty sure it's the green/yellow wire but not real experienced with this sort of thing. I would check that wire on the left speaker and see if connection is loose.

#4753 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I encountered a problem tonight with my upper playfield paddle. It stopped kicking the ball forward. I checked the switches and everything is ok except when I go into solenoid T.4 15 Mini Kicker it is not pulsing. Is this the paddle kick? I'm assuming either a wire came loose from the coil or the coil is bad? I just wanted some opinions before i tear the playfield off and try to diagnose.

You don't need to "tear the playfield off" to check for a loose or broken wire on the battlefield.

The upper pf will lift up like a car hood. Just remove the thumb screws, before lifting it up. No tools required.

#4754 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

It's possible that the coil "froze." So, you can check that the sleeve is still sliding in the coil like it should. Since that mechanism moves around the wires that go to that coil are susceptible to breaking. I had an intermittent issue with that coil and it turned out the wire are broken about in inch or so away from the coil, but the wire sheathing was still in tacked. So, I ran new wires to the coil and problem solved.

#4755 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

You don't need to "tear the playfield off" to check for a loose or broken wire on the battlefield.
The upper pf will lift up like a car hood. Just remove the thumb screws, before lifting it up. No tools required.

I should have researched this in the manual. I figured it would be a pain to open up.

Lamprey, that was my thinking on the issue. Thanks for the input.

#4756 5 years ago

Relisted a bunch of Shadow parts, if anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-ton-of-shadow-parts-400

#4757 5 years ago

I picked up a shadow last week and have been shopping for parts.

Are the cab decals available? I can’t find them anywhere.

Does anyone have a spare Aurich translite/speaker panel?

#4758 5 years ago

Does Retro Refurbs sell decals?

#4759 5 years ago

4 shots away from completing the Final Battle a few minutes ago! Argh!

#4760 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

4 shots away from completing the Final Battle a few minutes ago! Argh!

Thats hard to complete. Once you get near the end. Just keep shooting your balls into the saucers. They will give you credit for targets you are missing.

#4761 5 years ago

The key to Final Battle is going for the Battlefield first while the ball saver is on. It's still very hard, and I've only ever beaten it once.

#4762 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The key to Final Battle is going for the Battlefield first while the ball saver is on. It's still very hard, and I've only ever beaten it once.

This. Have only beaten it once as well. Thought the game had reset!

#4763 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I've only seen the decals for the back box available.

#4764 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

pinball pt possibly!

#4765 5 years ago

Just finished a game where I was 2 shots away from completing Final Battle. The mode start scoop and the right orbit. Easy shots and I failed. Arrrrgh!!!

#4766 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Just finished a game where I was 2 shots away from completing Final Battle. The mode start scoop and the right orbit. Easy shots and I failed. Arrrrgh!!!

Brutal!

I need to get back into form on my Shadow so I can try to make a run at the Final Battle.

#4767 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

The only time I got to final battle; I lost with 2 switches to go too. I forgot to switch the ramps, and these were the shots I missed

#4768 5 years ago

Hi, Bought a Shadow and shopping it. I have 2 rings that are burnt out. What is the procedure for installing new bulbs? Thanks

#4769 5 years ago
Quoted from Demoman1:

What is the procedure for installing new bulbs?

Step 1: get bulbs. Marco and pinballlife sell them.

Step 2: pull wires out of ring. The bulbs are socketed, so they should just be held in with a friction fit.

Step 3: shove bulb back into ring.

Though, if your game is like mine, the sockets will be missing. I should’ve replaced the bulbs with LEDs, but I didn’t. I just soldered in new bulbs where I didn’t have a socket and used heatshrink tubing to insulate. It’s not recommended, but it’s clean looking, and the game is on so infrequently, I don’t anticipate having to replace the bulbs any time soon.

#4770 5 years ago

Looking for an Aurich set, if anyone is holding and wants to let it go please message me!

#4771 5 years ago

PM @Aurich, maybe if he gets enough requests he will print more. I would love a set too.

#4773 5 years ago
Quoted from Nds777:

PM Aurich, maybe if he gets enough requests he will print more. I would love a set too.

Thanks, I have, but just hoping I might get lucky.

#4774 5 years ago

You just missed his last print of the art package by like a month or two. He might have some leftovers though from the run.

#4775 5 years ago

Is it ok that I join he club? My first wishlist pin!

Thanks to fellow pinsider ScottinSGFNY for the sale!

57B3B999-0560-48E9-8598-89A2378BCB58 (resized).jpeg57B3B999-0560-48E9-8598-89A2378BCB58 (resized).jpeg
#4776 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

[quoted image]

My Favorite Playing Stance! Enjoy!

#4777 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

[quoted image]

Congrats and welcome the club!

#4778 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

After 10 years + of Shadow ownership I had reached the final battle a few times but always been 1 or 2 shots away from completing it, until last week when I finally did it (including the secret mode) and got my highest ever score Fantastic game, I am always amazed that it sells relatively cheaply compared to others.

20180719_174904 (resized).jpg20180719_174904 (resized).jpg

#4779 5 years ago

I decided to stay in the club longer. It was Shadow vs Mustang since I could sell either for comparable price. Shadow is SO my style of gameplay, fast and flowing, great loops, orbits and ramps. Plus the various ways you can physically control the pinball via the diverters and Battlefield is fantastic. I have two Shadows and one has been torn down for 2 years and this one I got a few months back. Still have to do a full shop job, but have it fully working and pretty cleaned up. So just recently got back into playing it and now that I've played other games in the past two years I can REALLY appreciate how terrific Shadow is.

We really enjoy Mustang and my wife preferred it stayed, but she has her keeper in Baywatch, so I said I need to keep I game I really have fun on all the time. So she said go for it then and Mustang has been sold awaiting pickup.

#4780 5 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

After 10 years + of Shadow ownership I had reached the final battle a few times but always been 1 or 2 shots away from completing it, until last week when I finally did it (including the secret mode) and got my highest ever score Fantastic game, I am always amazed that it sells relatively cheaply compared to others.
[quoted image]

Nice! Huge score to boot.

#4781 5 years ago

I thought I'd refresh a few things on my newly purchased ts. I didn't like looking at the back of the battlefield kicker head so I covered it up. Thinking of putting a decal or something on it. Also had to reduce the thickness of the blades and repaint the little samurai.

20180810_144625 (resized).jpg20180810_144625 (resized).jpg20180811_225419 (resized).jpg20180811_225419 (resized).jpg20180812_150803 (resized).jpg20180812_150803 (resized).jpg
#4782 5 years ago

If anyone ever has some used Mongol figures please send me a PM.

#4783 5 years ago

I just did a refurb on my Shadow. Have this post left over??
Any idea where it might go. Have taken off all ramps and plasticsduring the refurb.

IMG_20180813_201838 (resized).jpgIMG_20180813_201838 (resized).jpg
#4784 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Any idea where it might go. Have taken off all ramps and plasticsduring the refurb.
[quoted image]

Do you have a post between the trough and shooter lane?

#4785 5 years ago

Looks like lower left of the left side target bank maybe?

#4786 5 years ago

Like onemoresean said, I think it’s the post kind of under the apron, right where the ball ejects into the shooter lane.

#4787 5 years ago

The post next to the ball eject only has one rubber ring on my game. Only posts with double rings is the outlane posts but those should be metal.

#4788 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

The post next to the ball eject only has one rubber ring on my game. Only posts with double rings is the outlane posts but those should be metal.

Yes the kick out post under the apron has only one rubber and is installed.

IMG_20180815_102940 (resized).jpgIMG_20180815_102940 (resized).jpg
#4789 5 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Looks like lower left of the left side target bank maybe?

Do you mean this one?

IMG_20180815_103236 (resized).jpgIMG_20180815_103236 (resized).jpg
#4791 5 years ago

I took a gander at my game. I don't see a post like that anywhere. When in doubt, leave it out? You can always play-test and see what happens

#4792 5 years ago

I looked again at my game and there are no double ring star posts. There is a hidden single ring star post under the left diverter. Looks like it is used to prevent the ball from getting stuck there.

#4793 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

[quoted image]

Shadow has no star posts like that at all. It must have dropped into a nook or crannie at some point in time. Where you found it dissasembling

#4794 5 years ago

Hey I found the spot where it was. Do you guys have one there too? Back panel (the bricks are a mod I installed)

IMG_20180815_151849 (resized).jpgIMG_20180815_151849 (resized).jpg
#4795 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Hey I found the spot where it was. Do you guys have one there too? Back panel (the bricks are a mod I installed)
[quoted image]

no

#4796 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

[quoted image]

Nope, not on either of the Shadows I’ve had. From the pic it looks like it was added to support the mini PF exit ramp.

#4797 5 years ago

I have two Shadows right now and neither has a post installed there under the exit ramp.

#4798 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

[quoted image]

Aren’t you going to show us the rest of that refurb? The brass ramps and color matching lock nuts are all that I can see.

#4799 5 years ago

Sorry. Yes I had the gun, side rails and lock down bar chromed. All wire ramps brass plated and clear coated. Added some red star post lights. Red brick wall paper at the back panel. Red and blue 6V led strips used to light up the back panel. All leds with colour GI leds to highlight plastics. Alternative translite. New plastics.
It plays very well. Wow I really like it. I had heard a lot of good comments regarding the game and I am very impressed. Great call outs. Great flow. Great rule set. Great shots. I really can't fault it. Don't even miss pop bumpers lol
Not quite sure why someone put that post there. Maybe to protect or support the Perspex rear ramp?

IMG_20180815_160323 (resized).jpgIMG_20180815_160323 (resized).jpgIMG_20180815_220311 (resized).jpgIMG_20180815_220311 (resized).jpgIMG_20180815_220446 (resized).jpgIMG_20180815_220446 (resized).jpgIMG_20180815_220532 (resized).jpgIMG_20180815_220532 (resized).jpgIMG_20180815_220742 (resized).jpgIMG_20180815_220742 (resized).jpgIMG_20180815_220839 (resized).jpgIMG_20180815_220839 (resized).jpgIMG_20180815_220917 (resized).jpgIMG_20180815_220917 (resized).jpgIMG_20180815_220937 (resized).jpgIMG_20180815_220937 (resized).jpg

#4800 5 years ago

Beautiful photos.

I think if one pin would work as a reskinned Batman (in particular the 89 Tim Burton Movie), it would be The Shadow. The character Batman was inspired by Shadow... The Battlefield would work as the bell tower, I'm sure there is something you could do with the phurbas. The Sanctum/Batcave, Shiwan Khan/Nicholson's Joker, Rings/gadgets/Joker pranks. It would be amazing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/96?hl=gjm7777 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.