IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 219.
#4701 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Why not just PinStadium and be done with it?

I just like to tinker, plus it was a fraction of the price.
Not trying to take away from pinstadium, Im just cheap I guess.

#4702 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

This is what i'm lookin' for

I got mine from a guy named Trident on here.

#4703 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

I got mine from a guy named Trident on here.

Thanks! He's still got em!

#4704 5 years ago

My cabinet speaker works, but is very quiet. I sent out the board for repair (thinking that’s where the problem resided), but to no avail.

I have a pinnovators board for an external sub, and the sub is also quiet (but works). Any others with this problem or suggestions?

#4705 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

My cabinet speaker works, but is very quiet. I sent out the board for repair (thinking that’s where the problem resided), but to no avail.
I have a pinnovators board for an external sub, and the sub is also quiet (but works). Any others with this problem or suggestions?

Check that standard adjustment setting 28 Minimum Volume Override is set to "Yes."

#4706 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Check that standard adjustment setting 28 Minimum Volume Override is set to "Yes."

Hmmm. It was set to No. Changed it to Yes, no difference.

#4707 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Hmmm. It was set to No. Changed it to Yes, no difference.

Not really sure what the issue would be. I also have the same set up with a pinnovator board and an external sub.

I could only suggest disconnecting the external sub to remove that variable. Then check the wires and connectors on the board.

#4708 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Working on two Shadows and made stadium lighting for the one on the right. Using a Stern red DMD in the left Shadow and the red looks fantastic actually.

any modifications, or just plug and play?

#4709 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Changed it to Yes, no difference.

Sorry, but I have to ask. Did you turn up the volume after you changed the setting? What is the volume on now?

#4710 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Sorry, but I have to ask. Did you turn up the volume after you changed the setting? What is the volume on now?

Yeah, I’ve done all the usual. Disconnected and reconnected. Adjusted external sub. Disconnected external sub, etc. Volume is set to maybe 70%.

The only thing I haven’t done is run a multimeter to the sub wires, so that’s next. Because the volume is there (but very faint), I’m not sure that’s the issue.

#4712 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Congtatulations. Shadow is easily one of the top 5 most underrated pins.

i agree butstill it s a very challenging pin

#4713 5 years ago
Quoted from stef34:

i agree butstill it s a very challenging pin

I was thinking about this, and I find that I like the time and progression to achieve things.

The game "builds well" to a multiball.....each Lock an achievement, a seemingly easy goal.

On Multiball, the Game is less chaotic, and hints at achievability, even for the average player.
Some games, for me, have multi-balls that feel more like "survival" than it should, but thats because
of my lack of talent. AC/DC does this, as does games like TSPP, and Aerosmith.
I dont get that on IM, as an example.

I know we have threads on "Best multiball" but for different reasons, sometimes.

The Shadow lets me play with Joy and Frustration in that delicate balance that says,
"I challenge you..." and I reply,
"F-You,Im going to play another game and beat you!!!"

For me, thats why The Shadow, is a Keeper!

(and I get to enjoy my lighting, Aurichs Translight, and some cool wood grips!)

#4714 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yeah, I’ve done all the usual. Disconnected and reconnected. Adjusted external sub. Disconnected external sub, etc. Volume is set to maybe 70%.
The only thing I haven’t done is run a multimeter to the sub wires, so that’s next. Because the volume is there (but very faint), I’m not sure that’s the issue.

Is it the correct speaker? Correct impedance? Is your sound board running hot?

#4715 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Some thoughts. Good luck and let us know what the fix is.

1) Reseat the ribbon cable, not at the sound board, but at the Fliptronics board and the CPU board.
2) See if you can narrow it down. Rule out the Pinnovators board/External sub by rewiring everything back to original factory configuration.
3) Are you 100% sure the sound board is OK? ... because it kinda sounds like a problem on the sound board.
4) Good time to acquire another DCS pin, Then you can swap parts for troubleshooting purposes

#4716 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I was thinking about this, and I find that I like the time and progression to achieve things.
The game "builds well" to a multiball.....each Lock an achievement, a seemingly easy goal.
On Multiball, the Game is less chaotic, and hints at achievability, even for the average player.
Some games, for me, have multi-balls that feel more like "survival" than it should, but thats because
of my lack of talent. AC/DC does this, as does games like TSPP, and Aerosmith.
I dont get that on IM, as an example.
I know we have threads on "Best multiball" but for different reasons, sometimes.
The Shadow lets me play with Joy and Frustration in that delicate balance that says,
"I challenge you..." and I reply,
"F-You,Im going to play another game and beat you!!!"
For me, thats why The Shadow, is a Keeper!
(and I get to enjoy my lighting, Aurichs Translight, and some cool wood grips!)

Totally agree with you on multiball. On The Shadow, it's well done, used sparingly. On some games, multiball is frequent and chaotic. Or to put it another way, flailing Vs. fun. I'm looking forward to seeing what Brian Eddy comes up with in the future, now that he is working in pinball again.

#4717 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Is it the correct speaker? Correct impedance? Is your sound board running hot?

Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Some thoughts. Good luck and let us know what the fix is.
1) Reseat the ribbon cable, not at the sound board, but at the Fliptronics board and the CPU board.
2) See if you can narrow it down. Rule out the Pinnovators board/External sub by rewiring everything back to original factory configuration.
3) Are you 100% sure the sound board is OK? ... because it kinda sounds like a problem on the sound board.
4) Good time to acquire another DCS pin, Then you can swap parts for troubleshooting purposes

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ve sent the board out for repair and reseated everything I can, but there’s always more I could do. I was really hoping it was something dumb where everyone would make fun of me and call it a day.

I’ll try some of the above and report back. Thanks again for the thoughts!

#4718 5 years ago

Does anyone know where I can purchase a full set of cabinet decals from, only after good quality decals, not shitty ones,
cheers
Trevor
Brisbane
Australia

1 week later
#4719 5 years ago

Looking to LED the back box with the OEM translate.

Do I need to use non-ghosting?

Has anybody color matched it / have bulb info?

Thanks!

BobC

#4720 5 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Does anyone know where I can purchase a full set of cabinet decals from, only after good quality decals, not shitty ones,
cheers
Trevor
Brisbane
Australia

I'm looking for a complete set myself.
Cheers,
Bomber

#4721 5 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Looking to LED the back box with the OEM translate.
Do I need to use non-ghosting?
Has anybody color matched it / have bulb info?
Thanks!
BobC

Hi Bob!

Regular bulbs are fine....No need for Non ghosting,
Id recommend 2smd 2835 Frosted in Sunlight.
Id use them everywhere.
However, if you want some color, try a few and see if you like.....
(Caveat, if you try to light a small area with color, and not have light bleed, youll need a variety of color in different brightness.)
Most people are happy with lighting the colors as printed.

You can add some blinking bulbs for affect, if you wish.

#4722 5 years ago

Hi,
in da club
But maybe in future someone is selling his Shadow playfield to change it against CPR Repro. Than I'm looking to buy your old Shadow playfield.
Appreciated with very good inserts, accepting wear on Sanctum as always
Pls make me a offer

#4723 5 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Hi,
in da club
But maybe in future someone is selling his Shadow playfield to change it against CPR Repro. Than I'm looking to buy your old Shadow playfield.
Appreciated with very good inserts, accepting wear on Sanctum as always
Pls make me a offer

I am considering selling my old shadow playfield as well. Good luck.

#4724 5 years ago

Gonna be a lot of old Shadow playfields out there now that CPR has reproduced them

#4725 5 years ago

Hello guys! I'm having intermittent issues with the main ball shooter..it seems that the shot it's too weak to make all the ramp. I have adjusted it several times, adjusted the position of the ball in the lane, centering the plunger, aligning the ramp entrance..after these changes it seems to work for a while (10-20 plays) but then here we go again..have anyone else had this kind of issue on this pin? is There really a right alignment? Do I have to pay attention to something in particular? The coil is the original one from manual, do I have to buy a stronger one? I have shopped the entire game and now I'm stuck on this stupid thing.. really frustrating!

#4726 5 years ago

Hi everyone,
Im looking at purchasing the shadow CPR playfield, I have been on there web page but cant see where it is for sale or for a preorder, can anyone conferm if these are for sale now or if there is a preorder.
cheers
Trevor

#4727 5 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Hi everyone,
Im looking at purchasing the shadow CPR playfield, I have been on there web page but cant see where it is for sale or for a preorder, can anyone conferm if these are for sale now or if there is a preorder.
cheers
Trevor

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-shadow-playfields-released-at-cpr

Message Kevin directly

#4728 5 years ago

Pre-order list people have until July 31 to fulfill their spot...after that, it’s first come first serve to what wasn’t purchased by the preorder list.

#4729 5 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Hello guys! I'm having intermittent issues with the main ball shooter..it seems that the shot it's too weak to make all the ramp. I have adjusted it several times, adjusted the position of the ball in the lane, centering the plunger, aligning the ramp entrance..after these changes it seems to work for a while (10-20 plays) but then here we go again..have anyone else had this kind of issue on this pin? is There really a right alignment? Do I have to pay attention to something in particular? The coil is the original one from manual, do I have to buy a stronger one? I have shopped the entire game and now I'm stuck on this stupid thing.. really frustrating!

Check coil sleeve.

#4730 5 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Check coil sleeve.

I have already changed plunger, spring and sleeve the are new!

#4731 5 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

I had this exact same problem. Adjusted it till I was blue in the face. It worked better when the plunger was intentionally adjusted to NOT be straight with the ball. Right before I sold it I got a friend to help me with it. He got it perfect. We angled the plunger to the right, and we had to SHORTEN the length of the stroke of the plunger. We did this by taking a 5/16 or 7/16 rubber ring and zip tie and attaching it to the rubber bumper that the plunger rests on. It has a hole in it perfect for feeding the zip tie through. It didn't make sense why it worked, but it did work. It was in a Papa tournament and it worked very well all 3 days.

#4732 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Pre-order list people have until July 31 to fulfill their spot...after that, it’s first come first serve to what wasn’t purchased by the preorder list.

Check that the coil is staying screwed in tight and isn’t getting loose quickly (due to poor threading).

#4733 5 years ago

The new playfield looks great but I’m still looking for new cabinet decals. Does anyone have any ideas?

#4734 5 years ago
Quoted from Bomber19:

The new playfield looks great but I’m still looking for new cabinet decals. Does anyone have any ideas?

Same, I am after cabinet decals also, any ideas as where to purchase them from?? anyone??

#4735 5 years ago

Joined the club yesterday. Grail game for me. So excited!

received_10160577152495721 (resized).jpegreceived_10160577152495721 (resized).jpeg
#4736 5 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Same, I am after cabinet decals also, any ideas as where to purchase them from?? anyone??

Check with this guy and see where he got his ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-shadow-restore

#4737 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I had this exact same problem. Adjusted it till I was blue in the face. It worked better when the plunger was intentionally adjusted to NOT be straight with the ball. Right before I sold it I got a friend to help me with it. He got it perfect. We angled the plunger to the right, and we had to SHORTEN the length of the stroke of the plunger. We did this by taking a 5/16 or 7/16 rubber ring and zip tie and attaching it to the rubber bumper that the plunger rests on. It has a hole in it perfect for feeding the zip tie through. It didn't make sense why it worked, but it did work. It was in a Papa tournament and it worked very well all 3 days.

Thanks for you answer! Do you have any pics of the final result??

#4738 5 years ago

Sorry, I do not and I no longer have the game. Good luck, you'll get it sorted out.

#4739 5 years ago

Shadow is in the house. Absolutely beautiful game. This one has bounced around a few Pinsiders and glad it finally made it to my house. Pearl handles, gold wireforms, black powder coat, near perfect playfield, news cab decals. Gorgeous LEDs, etc., etc.

Thanks Chris.

4A4D857F-2181-4EAF-90C2-3D7702A21CF7 (resized).jpeg4A4D857F-2181-4EAF-90C2-3D7702A21CF7 (resized).jpegCE57FB2E-5253-4D60-AE47-13F32677F22A (resized).jpegCE57FB2E-5253-4D60-AE47-13F32677F22A (resized).jpeg
#4740 5 years ago

Gorgeous!

#4741 5 years ago

I never thought about lighted flipper buttons for The Shadow. Red plus blue. Neat idea!

#4742 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I never thought about lighted flipper buttons for The Shadow. Red plus blue. Neat idea!

I’ve got that on mine, as well. Looks great against the black cabinet.

#4743 5 years ago

I'm curious if anyone has plated all the ramps and habitrails, etc in chrome and have some pics? Everyone seems to prefer the brass on this game and I am not a fan at all.

#4744 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I'm curious if anyone has plated all the ramps and habitrails, etc in chrome and have some pics? Everyone seems to prefer the brass on this game and I am not a fan at all.

I did the two ramps in chrome and the rest in brass. I can send photos of the chrome ramps. When i got my stuff plated, Mike talked me out of chrome for the wireforms - making an argument for keeping it more like the original and making it easier to sell if i ever choose to. I think it would look great either way, but i do like the brass now that the machine is super minty. no regrets here.

#4745 5 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

When i got my stuff plated, Mike talked me out of chrome for the wireforms - making an argument for keeping it more like the original and making it easier to sell if i ever choose to.

I'm not sure what it is but when I look at brass it just looks cheap to me. I've never been a fan of gold or brass. I'm just really curious what a game done all in chrome looks like.

#4746 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I'm not sure what it is but when I look at brass it just looks cheap to me. I've never been a fan of gold or brass. I'm just really curious what a game done all in chrome looks like.

Brass works because it makes light reflections and ambience a warmer white (better embodying the Art Deco era).

#4747 5 years ago

9EEE34F1-6B1E-4CEE-9668-FB8876E265FA (resized).jpeg9EEE34F1-6B1E-4CEE-9668-FB8876E265FA (resized).jpeg

Joined the club tonite!

Who knows what evil lurks in my garage..? THE SHADOW KNOWS!

#4748 5 years ago

I posted earlier with some speaker woes. Bottom line, the sound board is good. I have FF speakers.

The problem: on boot up, the back box speakers give a steady pop, like a rapid drumbeat. I believe I’ve narrowed the problem to a grounding issue.

When I touch both speakers at the same time, the problem goes away.

Can someone post a picture of where the grounding cables are located in the backbox? Maybe I have something backwards.

This is my backbox:

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4749 5 years ago

Man I have to throw props to whomever at B/W back in the day decided to put a plug on the sanctum switch, that was a goddamn stroke of genius. Replacing that flaky bastard was so easy and now my sanctum works like a charm.

3C875C96-B427-43FC-A1DF-1C2842596031 (resized).jpeg3C875C96-B427-43FC-A1DF-1C2842596031 (resized).jpeg

A8D7BF1E-C612-49A6-9364-B4E8AA4AF557 (resized).jpegA8D7BF1E-C612-49A6-9364-B4E8AA4AF557 (resized).jpeg

#4750 5 years ago

Recent addition, loving it!

IMG_20180729_161751 (resized).jpgIMG_20180729_161751 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/95?hl=yellowghost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.