IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 219.
#4551 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

So what would typically cause a weak throw back action?

Having a second coil wired in series with the magnet will double the resistance causing for a weak magnet. Since someone wired it in series you will need to remove said coil and rewire the magnet coil back correctly.

#4552 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Yeah, I knew the magnet would have to pull the ball back, but my magnet is hooked up to a coil. When I unplug that coil, the magnet stopping action still works, but the throw back doesn't.
So what would typically cause a weak throw back action? I just replaced my magnet. Appreciate the assistance!

Most bizzare thing I've seen. What is the purpose of that coil? Only thing I can think is the empty coil is being used a extra magnet. But shirley its too far away to effect the ball.

#4553 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Still looking for a green dot if anyone has a spare

I'm pretty sure I have several left over. Let me look.
I'm happy to get them out to a few folks that still want/need one.

#4554 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Most bizzare thing I've seen. What is the purpose of that coil? Only thing I can think is the empty coil is being used a extra magnet. But shirley its too far away to effect the ball.

The coil is part of the super LE version of the Shadow.

#4555 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

The coil is part of the super LE version of the Shadow.

No the LM version! Low magnetism.

#4556 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

No the LM version! Low magnetism.

Magnet has been successfully rewired and the "throw back" is strong now. Thanks to all the helped identify this issue. Coil certainly seemed strange, but assumed it was correct until helpful comments in this thread.

#4557 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Magnet has been successfully rewired and the "throw back" is strong now. Thanks to all the helped identify this issue. Coil certainly seemed strange, but assumed it was correct until helpful comments in this thread.

Glad to hear it's working correctly now. You should post the original pic in the worst hack topic.

#4558 6 years ago

Anyone looking to sell their Shadow?

#4559 6 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

Anyone looking to sell their Shadow?

What is the current going price on a Shadow anyway?

#4560 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What is the current going price on a Shadow anyway?

onemillion (resized).jpgonemillion (resized).jpg

#4561 6 years ago

For one MILLION dollars..... Mine is for sale now!

#4562 6 years ago

Hi, I'm looking at picking up The Shadow or Tommy as my next pinball for the gameroom. Does anyone have the width of the backbox? I've seen everything ranging from 27-30" on-line, my door frame tops out at 29" and I'm not looking to take it off again. Thanks in advance.

#4563 6 years ago
Quoted from KrazyIvan14:

Hi, I'm looking at picking up The Shadow or Tommy as my next pinball for the gameroom. Does anyone have the width of the backbox? I've seen everything ranging from 27-30" on-line, my door frame tops out at 29" and I'm not looking to take it off again. Thanks in advance.

Shadow is 28.75". ( I just measured it.)

It will be a tight fit with just 1/8" on each side, but it will fit,

#4564 6 years ago

Thank you

#4565 6 years ago

Anyone have a collectible Condition Shadow they would like to sell ? PM me please.

2 weeks later
#4566 5 years ago

I'm having problems in the mini playfield ramp adjustment. Since sometimes the ball falls down to where i came I have to adjust the upright ramp. I have already tried to unscrew and move it but that's seems to be the better position I can get is it possible that the miniplayfield is wrong positioned although the fixing post is in the right point??

20180428_194859 (resized).jpg20180428_194859 (resized).jpg

20180428_194852 (resized).jpg20180428_194852 (resized).jpg

20180428_194837 (resized).jpg20180428_194837 (resized).jpg

20180428_194849 (resized).jpg20180428_194849 (resized).jpg

#4567 5 years ago

mine is the same way

#4568 5 years ago

I'm doing a little translite/speaker panel run, putting the order in at the end of the week or so, if anyone wants in and didn't already get my email shoot me a PM.

Translite-Plus-Speakers (resized).jpgTranslite-Plus-Speakers (resized).jpg

#4569 5 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

I'm having problems in the mini playfield ramp adjustment. Since sometimes the ball falls down to where i came I have to adjust the upright ramp. I have already tried to unscrew and move it but that's seems to be the better position I can get is it possible that the miniplayfield is wrong positioned although the fixing post is in the right point??

Best thing to do here is to use one or two of the washers on one or two of the screws to tilt the angle of the vertical wireform so it works properly.

#4570 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Best thing to do here is to use one or two of the washers on one or two of the screws to tilt the angle of the vertical wireform so it works properly.

Mine has a washer or two under one side also. Works fine.

#4571 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

putting the order in at the end of the week

I can’t wait!

Does this run include your rule cards as well?

#4572 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I can’t wait!
Does this run include your rule cards as well?

Yeah, should have mentioned that, translite, speaker panel, rule cards as usual.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Upgraded my Shadow this weekend with PDI antireflective glass and Art’s wooden grips with Mercury dimes. It’s like the glass isn’t even there!

Oh sweet, someone else did the dime idea, looks great. Welcome to the club!

#4573 5 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

I reckon its correct position. Theres not much play for adjustment. What is the ball bouncing off?

#4574 5 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I reckon its correct position. Theres not much play for adjustment. What is the ball bouncing off?

It sometimes bounces on the opposite target and then falls back from that empty spot right behind the sanctum wall..

#4575 5 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

It sometimes bounces on the opposite target and then falls back from that empty spot right behind the sanctum wall..

I realized that the ramp-fixing post on the right in this picture is not the original one.

The original part should be a male-male post coded 02-5109 (manual pic attached)..maybe this could be a bit longer giving the right inclination to the ramp..

Sadly it isn't available anywhere on the internet.. anyone knows if there is a substitute for this? Something with the same lenght...

Thank you all!!

shadow post missing (resized).pngshadow post missing (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4576 5 years ago

Created a tech thread about my shadow resetting when you start a new game then push the right flipper button. Link below. Any ideas from fellow owners? Thanks! Craig

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-resets-when-right-flipper-button-pushed#post-4385136

#4577 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm doing a little translite/speaker panel run, putting the order in at the end of the week or so, if anyone wants in and didn't already get my email shoot me a PM.

I think you should do the second style speaker panel you mentioned before...how many would you need pre-sold to make it happen? Would love to see what genius you have rattling around in your head for that!

#4578 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Created a tech thread about my shadow resetting when you start a new game then push the right flipper button. Link below. Any ideas from fellow owners? Thanks! Craig
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-resets-when-right-flipper-button-pushed#post-4385136

Could be a low 5 volts. Another thing to check would be the diodes on the right flipper coil. Does it ever do it with the left flipper?

#4579 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Could be a low 5 volts. Another thing to check would be the diodes on the right flipper coil. Does it ever do it with the left flipper?

Good question. I don’t think left flipper is causing same issue but I will confirm. Thanks for the feedback

#4580 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I think you should do the second style speaker panel you mentioned before...how many would you need pre-sold to make it happen? Would love to see what genius you have rattling around in your head for that!

I honestly don’t remember that, remind me?

I’m messing with another game right now, won’t announce until it’s done, never know with these things ...

#4581 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I honestly don’t remember that, remind me?
I’m messing with another game right now, won’t announce until it’s done, never know with these things ...

I thought you mentioned somewhere that the graphics program you used to design the speaker panel was very basic, and that you thought about using a different graphics program to design a more detailed/different panel.

#4582 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If it's BSD, don't announce it until I have one in my collection. I don't want the game price to go up any more than they already have

I kid, I kid! But seriously; Looking forward to any of your future endeavors, assuming they come to market.

#4583 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I thought you mentioned somewhere that the graphics program you used to design the speaker panel was very basic, and that you thought about using a different graphics program to design a more detailed/different panel.

Hmm, not sure what you're thinking of, was done in Photoshop just like the translite. Don't have any plans to do anything different for Shadow's speaker panel at this point. Honestly it's probably about time to move on, I'm doing this little run right now for Shadow, need to send the numbers in to my printer now actually, but I think most of the people who want it have it.

Quoted from mbaumle:

If it's BSD, don't announce it until I have one in my collection.

I won't announce anything until it's ready. That's how I prefer things in general, but especially now, because I'm feeling slow to finish stuff these days. Nothing sucks more than hyping something and then making people wait. And then things change, it's a mess. Look at JJP and the POTC disc thing. No thanks!

2 weeks later
#4584 5 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

I realized that the ramp-fixing post on the right in this picture is not the original one.
The original part should be a male-male post coded 02-5109 (manual pic attached)..maybe this could be a bit longer giving the right inclination to the ramp..
Sadly it isn't available anywhere on the internet.. anyone knows if there is a substitute for this? Something with the same lenght...
Thank you all!!

Solved using a washer and... a nut ^_^'
though if possible i would like to restore the original setting,
so I'm still looking for that post..anyone has a spare or know where to look for it???

thanks

#4585 5 years ago

hello
i just got the shadow and i have frickin problem with coil slide bracket A-17790.1 - it is broken..
any one has a spare and is willing to sell? i should have all the parts - can it be welded or fixed any other way?

#4586 5 years ago

Working on two Shadows and made stadium lighting for the one on the right. Using a Stern red DMD in the left Shadow and the red looks fantastic actually.

20180525_211353 (resized).jpg20180525_211353 (resized).jpg

20180523_192640 (1) (resized).jpg20180523_192640 (1) (resized).jpg

20180523_192644 (1) (resized).jpg20180523_192644 (1) (resized).jpg

#4587 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Working on two Shadows and made stadium lighting for the one on the right. Using a Stern red DMD in the left Shadow and the red looks fantastic actually.

You planning to sell one of those, PoMC? I’ll be in the market for one soon.

#4588 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

You planning to sell one of those PoMC? I’ll be in the market for one soon.

Same here, hard to find a nice condition Shadow.

#4589 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Working on two Shadows

Haha, I never get to see my translite next to an original like that, love it

#4590 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

You planning to sell one of those, PoMC? I’ll be in the market for one soon.

Both will be for sale soon. Deciding which one will get the newly plated wireforms and gold mirror blades. Likely the one on the right just because the left one is a re-import and I know some people are weird about that for some reason.

#4591 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha, I never get to see my translite next to an original like that, love it

Yeah cool side by side pic. I like the original with the orange DMD and yours with the red DMD. I'm one of the people who don't mind the original translite but it's the speaker panel with the floating heads that irks me.

#4592 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Both will be for sale soon. Deciding which one will get the newly plated wireforms and gold mirror blades. Likely the one on the right just because the left one is a re-import and I know some people are weird about that for some reason.

I don't care about re-import. I'm looking for a cab/head/playfield in NICE condition, functioning 100%. I can shop it & replace whatever. I already have an Aurich translite on order. Love the look of the red DMD. Hadn't seen that before. It goes beautifully with the red in Aurich's design.

#4593 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Love the look of the red DMD. Hadn't seen that before. It goes beautifully with the red in Aurich's design.

Red is not bad, but if you're making a change to the display, go color DMD.

The color LED on this game looks great, especially the green color in the score numbers.

#4594 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Red is not bad, but if you're making a change to the display, go color DMD.
The color LED on this game looks great, especially the green color in the score numbers.

Hadn't seen the color DMD on this, but just watched the video. Holy CRAP, that looks AMAZING!!! The golds are AWESOME!!!

#4595 5 years ago

Here's a video that shows off the color DMD and gameplay well:

I used to watch this a lot while waiting for my Shadow.

#4596 5 years ago

My restored Shadow I just finished

20180514_204150 (resized).jpg20180514_204150 (resized).jpg

#4597 5 years ago

Sweet! I just love seeing pictures of Well Lit and restored Shadows!

I will be having a rebirth. Shadow, and most of my pins have been in storage for a year.....I look forward to playing again!
Still no where close to beating this Beast!!!

#4598 5 years ago

Love the color DMD and the LED's. I had a Shadow about 8 years ago that I was working to restore. It was plagued with issues and at that time things were hard to find to fix it. I'm back in the market looking for one that won't be quite as problematic. Anyone selling IM me

#4599 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

Same here, hard to find a nice condition Shadow.

Here’s one not far from you:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/64815

#4600 5 years ago

Oh man, I played The Shadow tonight at Black Cat in DC. TRULY one of the greatest pins ever made!! So many awesome shots, ramps, combos, modes, etc!! This WILL be my next pin!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.