IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 219.
#4151 6 years ago

Can I solder the wires of the same type (eg the 2 green or 2 black) together and heat shrink them that way I don't have to try to crimp both in the connector? Or do i have to crimp them both no question? Thanks guys!

#4152 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Can I solder the wires of the same type (eg the 2 green or 2 black) together and heat shrink them that way I don't have to try to crimp both in the connector? Or do i have to crimp them both no question? Thanks guys!

You could absolutely do that. That was what I was trying to suggest yesterday.

#4153 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

As a temp fix sure but I wouldn't leave a hack like that in my game long term.

#4154 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

As a temp fix sure but I wouldn't leave a hack like that in my game long term.

As long as it's just a temp hack - I'd use wire nuts to make the connections. They look like crap and you know it's a hack so you'll be motivated to go back and fix it the right way once you get a pile of IDC tools to fix this sort of thing the right way. Once you start soldering and heat shrink wrapping things it's tempting to just let it be once it's working.

#4155 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

After further inspection, it appears that my shadow has more wires than that. I have 2 green wires, 2 black wires, 2 grey/yellow, and 2 white/violet. What in the world am I supposed to do with the extra wires? Punch them down in as well...? I'm so confused.

Odd. It's possible (doubtful however) someone rewired with different colors, but there should only be 7 wires in total.

Do the connections on J207, J209, and J116 have the correct colored wires?

Looking at your game it looks like you have added lighting at the battlefield. Maybe some changes were made to accommodate? I'm no electronics expert so I'm of no assistance there.

#4156 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

So I'm torn,should I powdercoat my shadow jet black or a dark jade green OR do a black to green fade. Picture of my work here

I think either would look good. I have green but wish it was darker. Even a dark dark red would look great imo.

The more I think about the more I think dark red would look good. Not sure about black. May be good for the theme, but won't give great contrast with the cabinet.

#4157 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

I think either would look good. I have green but wish it was darker. Even a dark dark red would look great imo.

I can redo it for you check out my thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered/page/3

#4158 6 years ago

My back right leg is kind of bent so I need to get a new one eventually. I already had you in mind when that time comes

#4159 6 years ago

I just wanted to check if someone in the near future would be interested in the alternative translite and speaker panel I'm working on?
Please note that this is just a mockup and work in progress, everything will be vectorized and polished before printing starts.

ts.jpgts.jpg

#4160 6 years ago

The guns pointed directly at the player may make some people uneasy.

#4161 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Haha, they should concentrate on what's going on under the glass instead. It may work as a motivating factor to play better

#4162 6 years ago

Maybe they should focus that it's a picture and grow up

#4163 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Please tell me you are joking

#4164 6 years ago

Anyone wanting to brass there shadow or powdercoat I Can do it and beat any price by alot. I got a thread going plenty of happy customers

Just curious...are those legs brassed or a goldish powder coat.

#4165 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Just curious...are those legs brassed or a goldish powder coat.

I can do brass or gold.my opinion gold looks better in a house cause it keeps it true color, brass is great too but in a house it looks more silver. I can beat any price

received_1633113293399610 (resized).jpegreceived_1633113293399610 (resized).jpeg

20170827_143929 (resized).jpg20170827_143929 (resized).jpg

20170908_140439 (resized).jpg20170908_140439 (resized).jpg

#4166 6 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

I just wanted to check if someone in the near future would be interested in the alternative translite and speaker panel I'm working on?
Please note that this is just a mockup and work in progress, everything will be vectorized and polished before printing starts.

I like what you've done. I'd be interested in a set.

#4167 6 years ago

Hey guys we have more Shadow toppers in stock, 10 on the shelf.
https://shop.laseriffic.com/collections/pinball-toppers/products/shadow-topper

Joe

#4168 6 years ago

Has anyone order the clear plexiglass backboard from pinballdecals.com ?

If so, what are your thoughts on it?

#4169 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Has anyone order the clear plexiglass backboard from pinballdecals.com ?

$285 for the backboard, and another $75 or $145 to light it?
Nope.

#4170 6 years ago

Yea that price is crazy

#4171 6 years ago

A while back I asked if anybody has tried those small LED bulbs in place of the regular ring bulbs..well since those bulbs are fragile and hard to come by here..I tried a regular 555 LED and it works great.

20170917_200144 (resized).jpg20170917_200144 (resized).jpg

#4172 6 years ago

Anyone done their rings in gold?

#4173 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

A while back I asked if anybody has tried those small LED bulbs in place of the regular ring bulbs..well since those bulbs are fragile and hard to come by here..I tried a regular 555 LED and it works great.

Nice! Not too blinding when it flashes?

I also love the background objects in this photo. Adds to the air of mystery ...

#4174 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Quoted from fosaisu:

I also love the background objects in this photo. Adds to the air of mystery ...

I did the same thing a while back except I used a 4 smd led. It wasn't too bright per se, but wasn't as diffused as the little incandescent bulbs, so I cut a few pieces of wax paper to help difuse the light to avoid "hot spots."

Also, added some hot glue to where the wired plug into the "socket"; Helps prevent them from vibrating loose.

#4175 6 years ago

Anyone got a shadow plastic set for sale? Or know where to get one

#4176 6 years ago

Anyone got a shadow plastic set for sale? Or know where to get one

I have a used one.

#4177 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I have a used one.

Mine is fine just alot of dirt minor cracks and yellowing. Send me a PM

#4178 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I also love the background objects in this photo. Adds to the air of mystery ...</blockquote
Not sure yet. Dont want to wire them in until I figure out a way to insulate the bare wires after I solder them to the existing wires. 3/32 heatshrinking is the smallest I can find and it doesnt shrink enough to pull tight. Also need to fabricate something to replicate those little white bulb sockets.

#4179 6 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I did the same thing a while back except I used a 4 smd led. It wasn't too bright per se, but wasn't as diffused as the little incandescent bulbs, so I cut a few pieces of wax paper to help difuse the light to avoid "hot spots."
Also, added some hot glue to where the wired plug into the "socket"; Helps prevent them from vibrating loose.

I plan to make some of those white bases similar to what was originally there but a tiny bit larger so it will be a friction fit. Somebody lost them and hotglued the original bulbs right to the rings.

#4180 6 years ago

I will do powdercoat work or brass your wire forms for a shadow plastic set new or above average

20170908_184132 (resized).jpg20170908_184132 (resized).jpg

20170919_131654 (resized).jpg20170919_131654 (resized).jpg

#4181 6 years ago

Anyone know what would occasionally make the battlefield VUK think there's a ball there over and over and try to kick a ball up? The games working just fine but ocasionally it seems like the vuk thinks theres a ball there to kick up into the mini playfield and keeps trying. It generally only happens after you have been in the battlefield a time or two and it doesn't happen every game. Even when it's doing this you can play th3 game normally.

#4182 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Anyone know what would occasionally make the battlefield VUK think there's a ball there over and over and try to kick a ball up? The games working just fine but ocasionally it seems like the vuk thinks theres a ball there to kick up into the mini playfield and keeps trying. It generally only happens after you have been in the battlefield a time or two and it doesn't happen every game. Even when it's doing this you can play th3 game normally.

I don't remember if that is a mechanical switch or an opto, but either way, it is most likely that the switch is bad. If it's mechanical, replace it. If it is an opto, clean it and reflow the solder on both sides.

#4183 6 years ago

Anyone have brass plated ramps in there shadow

#4184 6 years ago

I'm having a weird issue with my Shadow. Every time I turn it on, all the settings get switched to Factory, Time+date, HS, etc. Tried new batteries and no go. Then it says pinball missing, I shake the machine, or I poke at the trough from under the PF and then it finds the ball (This could just be a separate issue) Then when I play the game the Sanctum drop target goes down but never comes back up. Everything else seems to work fine. I've never seen a machine do this, I'm stumped. Any help/ideas?

#4185 6 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

all the settings get switched to Factory

Most likely a bad battery holder.

Quoted from Goalie:

Then it says pinball missing, I shake the machine, or I poke at the trough from under the PF and then it finds the ball (This could just be a separate issue)

There are divots in your trough or the balls are magnetized.

Quoted from Goalie:

Then when I play the game the Sanctum drop target goes down but never comes back up.

You need to check the switches for the drop target.

#4186 6 years ago

Anyone have brass plated ramps in there shadow

I do. I know there are several.

Here is a post with some pics:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-refresh#post-3807539

#4187 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-shadow-sanctum-target-repair
Good to rebuild it. I had a bad diode on my dropped switch.

#4188 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Most likely a bad battery holder.

There are divots in your trough or the balls are magnetized.

Ended up being a broken wire from the battery holder to the board. The drop target is working fine now that the battery wire is fixed.

#4189 6 years ago

Hi. I noticed during test mode that the GI lights on my Shadow dont dim during GI test. They are at full brightness all the time.

I assume that they should dim on the shadow. Can anyone confirm?

I read in another post that adjustment #25 "allow dim illum" needs to be set to yes, and mine IS set to yes. Is there anything else i can check? Thanks. Sparky

#4190 6 years ago
Quoted from SPARKY70:

Hi. I noticed during test mode that the GI lights on my Shadow dont dim during GI test. They are at full brightness all the time.
I assume that they should dim on the shadow. Can anyone confirm?
I read in another post that adjustment #25 "allow dim illum" needs to be set to yes, and mine IS set to yes. Is there anything else i can check? Thanks. Sparky

They pretty much are on all the time.

You can enable dimming for power savings mode. Additionally, you can test different levels of dimming in the test menu. But, other than that the GI stays on.

#4191 6 years ago

Thanks lamprey. Do yours dim during test mode?

#4192 6 years ago
Quoted from SPARKY70:

Thanks lamprey. Do yours dim during test mode?

If I'm looking at the correct setting my doesn't dim in test mode. However, that may be due to the fact that I have all LEDs in my GI. Because I've got all LEDs I suspect that I'd need the LED GI OCD in order to get the GI to dim. But, my understanding is that the GI doesn't dim during game play so I just have the LED OC for the regular lamps.

#4193 6 years ago

Hmmm. I have regular bulbs in it. I put a couple leds in another wpc game i have, and they DO dim without any additional help. Maybe somebody else can give some input too. Thanks

#4194 6 years ago

Still looking for CPR plastic set for shadow

#4195 6 years ago

So I'm torn,should I powdercoat my shadow jet black or a dark jade green OR do a black to green fade. Picture of my work here

I went black nickel on mine and it looks great. Everyone who has seen it loves it.

#4196 6 years ago

So I'm torn,should I powdercoat my shadow jet black or a dark jade green OR do a black to green fade.

The Shadow looks great in black. I started with black powdered legs from Pinball Life:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1358

Eventually I'll get around to doing the siderails and lockdown to match.

#4199 6 years ago

I'm ok with a used good looking set. Prefer new but need a good looking set. Going all out on this shadow

#4200 6 years ago

I'm ok with a used good looking set. Prefer new but need a good looking set. Going all out on this shadow

There was a decent cheap used set at Expo last year. I almost bought it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/84?hl=yellowghost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.