IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 219.
#4101 6 years ago

That's more like it

IMG_1948 (resized).JPGIMG_1948 (resized).JPG

#4102 6 years ago

Hi guys, can anyone explain why there is this plastic under the mini playfiled?
In my pinball it is missing.. it is for somewhat of important and I really need to buy it? thanks

20140501_005045 (resized).jpg20140501_005045 (resized).jpg

#4103 6 years ago

I believe that plastic is primarily there to prevent balls from flying over the rail (orbit) and falling into the cabinet.

I say that b/c when in the down position it lines up with that rail (and a cutout in the rail) as can be seen in the below image (linked to from http://theshadowpinballshop.blogspot.com/)

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

#4104 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Missing that part as well. Didn't know it even existed. If you decide on making one, be interested in purchasing one as well. Thanks.

So I made two out of stainless steel... just rough sized and bent to angle by sight (rough 45 degree) and using a hole punch for prototyping purposes... haven't installed or tested... And really it would be a lot of effort (with my limited access to material and tools) to try to move beyond the rough prototype. [And I'm a bit concerned the SS might damage the balls compared to the original spring steel version.]

As such, I also just cut a piece of pipe foam and installed as shown in the pictures... it works perfectly and is easily reversible. So I'm planning to just stick with this...
Foam (resized).jpgFoam (resized).jpgshadow-BF-FoamInstalled-02 (resized).jpgshadow-BF-FoamInstalled-02 (resized).jpgShadow-BF-FoamInstalled-01 (resized).jpgShadow-BF-FoamInstalled-01 (resized).jpg

#4105 6 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

I believe that plastic is primarily there to prevent balls from flying over the rail (orbit) and falling into the cabinet.
I say that b/c when in the down position it lines up with that rail (and a cutout in the rail) as can be seen in the below image (linked to from http://theshadowpinballshop.blogspot.com/)

Thank you very much for your answer! i will look forward for buying it but I also miss the 2 metallic supports, can anyone tell me how long are they??

#4106 6 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

You're a very lucky man!
I forgot who, but somebody sells those diverter phurbas.

https://www.pinballinc.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=179
They have shiny ones too.

#4107 6 years ago

Aha thanks for that Phurba link! So does anyone have any spare plastics? I have a few broken ones to replace.

#4108 6 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Thank you very much for your answer! i will look forward for buying it but I also miss the 2 metallic supports, can anyone tell me how long are they??

Pesmerga There's a parts list on IPDB. My guess is the below is the A-19603-2 is the whole assembly for that plastic (i.e. the plastic, the 2 bracket guards, the 2 rivets, and the 2 flat washers).

1198 ..3 A-19603-2 plfd plastc assy-lower guard 1
1199 ...4 31-2002-18 plfd plastic-the shadow 1
1200 ...4 01-13569-1 brkt-guard long 1
1201 ...4 01-13569-2 brkt-guard short 1
1202 ...4 07-6688-19 rivet 7/32X1/8 2
1203 ...4 4700-00003-00 fw .125X.281X.032 2

#4109 6 years ago

Rings on there too!

#4110 6 years ago

Does anybody know if its normal to have a little play on this collar on the diverter plungers? The diverters bounce off the sides of the ramp and then come to rest a fraction of a inch away. The ball will knock it into its proper position when shot up the ramps but only until you switch them again. Was going to have somebody spot weld them solid.

20170828_165927 (resized).jpg20170828_165927 (resized).jpg

#4111 6 years ago

im pretty sure there are 2 small black Set screws. 2 for each phuba. look around the base. you can adjust it.

#4112 6 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

im pretty sure there are 2 small black Set screws. 2 for each phuba. look around the base. you can adjust it.

Agreed... unless the ring in that crank arm is loose... then someone recommended brazing or welding it to me. I tried metal epoxy and it didn't work well...

Otherwise the crank arms are available from Australia at http://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/crank-arm-assembly-the-shadow/

#4113 6 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I know about the set screws. The round part is loose in the armature. Not very loose but not solid.

#4114 6 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Agreed... unless the ring in that crank arm is loose... then someone recommended brazing or welding it to me. I tried metal epoxy and it didn't work well...
Otherwise the crank arms are available from Australia at http://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/crank-arm-assembly-the-shadow/

Thats what I meant. That ring is loose. So you mean to tell me there should NO play? As much as I would to buy new ones, I can have it welded for dirt cheap so thats the way to go, I reckon.

#4115 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Thats what I meant. That ring is loose. So you mean to tell me there should NO play?

When I bought new ones they had no play. My old ones I could twist about 15 degrees..

And agree welding should work just fine.

#4116 6 years ago

FYI: I also replaced mine b/c the inside slot near the triangular end of the crank arm had become worn into a larger hole. You might want to look at that before doing the weld.

In case that wasn't descriptive enough... the slot went from being something like the item on the left to something like the item on the right (Ignoring the dots which are just there to help with spacing)

.^.......^
| |......( )
.v........v

#4117 6 years ago

interesting never seen them move before.... good to know. the weld might look like hell. but it will work.

#4118 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Very nice. There was one for sell on Pinside a few weeks back. Did that one sell? What are you going to do with the playfield?

It's going on a Shadow that came from Germany

#4119 6 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

FYI: I also replaced mine b/c the inside slot near the triangular end of the crank arm had become worn into a larger hole. You might want to look at that before doing the weld.
In case that wasn't descriptive enough... the slot went from being something like the item on the left to something like the item on the right (Ignoring the dots which are just there to help with spacing)
.^.......^
| |......( )
.v........v

Hard to tell but it looks like mine still looks like a ||. But good to know. I will check the right arm when I get it unistalled

1 week later
#4120 6 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

pesmerga There's a parts list on IPDB. My guess is the below is the A-19603-2 is the whole assembly for that plastic (i.e. the plastic, the 2 bracket guards, the 2 rivets, and the 2 flat washers).
1198 ..3 A-19603-2 plfd plastc assy-lower guard 1
1199 ...4 31-2002-18 plfd plastic-the shadow 1
1200 ...4 01-13569-1 brkt-guard long 1
1201 ...4 01-13569-2 brkt-guard short 1
1202 ...4 07-6688-19 rivet 7/32X1/8 2
1203 ...4 4700-00003-00 fw .125X.281X.032 2

Ì already bought the plastic in a Clear set! The 2 brackets are missing.. can can anyone tell me how long are they? If you can, better in cm than inch! Thank you very much in advance!!!

#4121 6 years ago

Has anyone ever brassed out their Shadow? Thinking of doing the siderails and legs. Thoughts?

#4122 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Has anyone ever brassed out their Shadow? Thinking of doing the siderails and legs. Thoughts?

I brassed out mine...will take some pics and post in a just a bit.

#4123 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Here you go. I didn't do the coin door on this one because I thought it was too much. Did all the wire forms and trim in brass and did the gun in black nickel.

DSC_8674 (resized).JPGDSC_8674 (resized).JPG

DSC_8672 (resized).JPGDSC_8672 (resized).JPG

DSC_8675 (resized).JPGDSC_8675 (resized).JPG

DSC_8673 (resized).JPGDSC_8673 (resized).JPG

#4124 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Here you go. I didn't do the coin door on this one because I thought it was too much. Did all the wire forms and trim in brass and did the gun in black nickel.

DSC_8677 (resized).JPGDSC_8677 (resized).JPG

#4125 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Black nickel looks better. I just did mine. Tried brass first and didn't like it. If you can't afford black nickel try a wet gloss black powder coat.

#4126 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Where did that topper come from? Can't say that I've seen that one before.

#4127 6 years ago

Cserold where did you get that backpanel decal from?

#4128 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

cserold where did you get that backpanel decal from?

Bought this from Blitzburgh99 and it was already on there. Maybe he can comment

#4129 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Where did that topper come from? Can't say that I've seen that one before.

This is one of Laseriffic new toppers. It's killer

#4131 6 years ago

Anyone wanting to brass there shadow or powdercoat I Can do it and beat any price by alot. I got a thread going plenty of happy customers

20170908_140431 (resized).jpg20170908_140431 (resized).jpg

20170908_173422 (resized).jpg20170908_173422 (resized).jpg

#4132 6 years ago

Samples of wood gun grips are being finally crafted.

I hope to share sample pics, and get feedback in a couple weeks.

Testing some inlay, and laser engraving as well.

#4133 6 years ago

Picking up my shadow finally.besides color dmd any must have mods

#4134 6 years ago

A

Quoted from Robertstone0407:Picking up my shadow finally.besides color dmd any must have mods

-Aurich translite
-Cityscape

#4135 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

A

-Aurich translite
-Cityscape

I have mirror blades on mine. I think they go great with the game.

#4136 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Picking up my shadow finally.besides color dmd any must have mods

Grumpy mod. see 10 pages back

#4137 6 years ago

I'm in! Game's awesome!

20170910_100031 (resized).jpg20170910_100031 (resized).jpg

#4138 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I'm in! Game's awesome!

Glad you like it, Wasp!

#4139 6 years ago

When I adjust the volume, it says: De La Drogue Non (instead of volume #) with the volume meter below, any idea how to fix that? lol

edit: upon further investigation, it appears to be a rom issue that is fixed with an updated rom. Time to make an order I guess!

#4140 6 years ago

Could someone please take a picture of your upper playfields Molex connector I'm having issues with my drop bank working and I feel like wires came out of the connector and I'm not sure which wires go with which thank you very much

#4141 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I'm in! Game's awesome!

Congrats! It may not last a week at your place, but Shadow was my first pin and still probably my favorite almost four years later. There's so much Brian Eddy goodness in there and I think it holds its own with most of the classic B/W A List games, even if you don't like the theme (I happen to love it, so that doesn't hurt). Still a good deal even if the price has crept up over the years.

#4142 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Could someone please take a picture of your upper playfields Molex connector I'm having issues with my drop bank working and I feel like wires came out of the connector and I'm not sure which wires go with which thank you very much

Someone help him out. He just got the game today.

#4143 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

When I adjust the volume, it says: De La Drogue Non (instead of volume #) with the volume meter below, any idea how to fix that? lol
edit: upon further investigation, it appears to be a rom issue that is fixed with an updated rom. Time to make an order I guess!

It's a bug in LA-6/LH-6/LX-6. There is an HK-6 floating around that is supposed to correct it. I wasn't able to find a link to it in a quick search, though.

#4144 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

This page from the manual is what you need. Also took a pic of mine. You cant see 3 and 4 on mine because they are underneath, but they are white-blue and white-green respectively.

Numbering goes 1 to 8 from right to left when looking at my connector fyi.

20170910_211459 (resized).jpg20170910_211459 (resized).jpg
20170910_211241 (resized).jpg20170910_211241 (resized).jpg

#4145 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

This page from the manual is what you need. Also took a pic of mine. You cant see 3 and 4 on mine because they are underneath, but they are white-blue and white-green respectively.

Thank you very much. I guess I have to find somewhere local to buy a punchdown tool today.

#4146 6 years ago

So I'm torn,should I powdercoat my shadow jet black or a dark jade green OR do a black to green fade. Picture of my work here

20170908_184132 (resized).jpg20170908_184132 (resized).jpg

#4147 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

So I'm torn,should I powdercoat my shadow jet black or a dark jade green OR do a black to green fade. Picture of my work here

Definitely not green or a green fade.

#4148 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

What are the drop targets doing? Not dropping, not going back up, not resetting, or what? Mine were sticky or wouldn't drop. All they needed was a good cleaning and new springs.

#4149 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

After further inspection, it appears that my shadow has more wires than that. I have 2 green wires, 2 black wires, 2 grey/yellow, and 2 white/violet. What in the world am I supposed to do with the extra wires? Punch them down in as well...? I'm so confused.

#4150 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

What are the drop targets doing? Not dropping, not going back up, not resetting, or what? Mine were sticky or wouldn't drop. All they needed was a good cleaning and new springs.

They won't reset or go back up. The IDC connector that connects to the PCB has wires out of it so I'm pretty sure that's the cause of what's going on, I just have to figure out how to actually get them back in the connector.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.