IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 219.
#4051 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

New or replaced Targets?
Nice Idea...might help some people on GB?

These are original targets on my Shadow.

I have a ghostbusters and tried the same thing, but the support brackets have an L shape instead of just flat so the post rubber wouldn't fit. I had to buy a little larger clear tube and did essentially the same thing. It seems to be helping GB, but because my clear tube isn't as thick or as bouncy it's not quite as good.

#4052 6 years ago

Hello! Thanks for all the help - I got my package from titan today and put on the slings (clear) and flipper rubber and can finally really play! I also got the glass cleaner there and cleaned the pkayfiekd glass really well and it looks awesome! I didn't realize how bad it was!
Battlefield wasn't working but after I did a test it kind of works? Targets on back don't go back up after a game - they don't reset. And the paddle is slow. Is there a good resource for dealing with this stuff?

IMG_3371 (resized).JPGIMG_3371 (resized).JPG

IMG_3372 (resized).JPGIMG_3372 (resized).JPG

#4053 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Recently joined the Shadow club. Does anyone know if you can buy the right hand side plastic anywhere (below is a picture of the broken piece)? Also, I noticed on the mini playfield, the ramp from which the ball enters the mini playfield seems to be too close to the bottom two targets. Can this problem be resolved easily? I have attached a couple photos of the playfield. Thanks for your help!

Yes, put a washer or two under one of the wireform screws to tilt the angle to the playfield.

#4054 6 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Beat the final battle for the first time tonight on what was my ~6th attempt. Finishing the upper playfield targets first is key, I attacked them immediately this time around and it worked really well.
Final shot for me was on the mode start hole for 1 billion points... sniped it with 0 seconds left, what a rush!
Still feels like a keeper.

Awesome man. It's a keeper no doubt. Still think it's the best game ever made. Can't explain it but it's all I really want to play

#4055 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Awesome man. It's a keeper no doubt. Still think it's the best game ever made. Can't explain it but it's all I really want to play

And it's especially the best pin to own in any one pin collection. No question about it.

In a one pin collection is say it may even have longer lasting appeal than the top 5 pins.

#4056 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

So just a quick FYI. I was getting really annoyed with airballs from the two targets on either side of the left ramp. A while back, I had put a black rubber for a post on the metal bracket behind the target on my RZ to settle down airballs, so I decided to try that on my Shadow.
Amazing. The airballs just went away. The ball will kick back really fast from those targets still, but at least it's not jumping over the slingshot and into the outlane.
I don't have a pic, but essentially just remove the foam and push a black rubber for a post onto the bracket, then cut off the top part. This gives a nice firm rubber so the target doesn't bend back as much and launch the balls.

Black rubber for a post? Like a small rubber ring?

#4057 6 years ago

Has anybody bought those shadow background decals that are selling on ebay? And if so, are they real thin or have some kind of thick backing on them?

#4058 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Black rubber for a post? Like a small rubber ring?

It's not a rubber ring, the black post sleeves:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6556

They are used on the more modern pins.

#4059 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Has anybody bought those shadow background decals that are selling on ebay? And if so, are they real thin or have some kind of thick backing on them?

You mean the ones that cover the back wall with the three flashers?

If so, they are just a sticker with cutouts. Not "wafer" thin, but not padded in any way.

#4060 6 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

You mean the ones that cover the back wall with the three flashers?
If so, they are just a sticker with cutouts. Not "wafer" thin, but not padded in any way.

Thanks. Yeah thats what I meant.

#4061 6 years ago

Hello guys! is there someone who can say me where I can buy a complete plastic kit for the shadow?
I take a look on the net but nothing!thanks for your help all my plastic are brokken...

have a good pinball day from france

#4062 6 years ago

Hello guys, is the miniplayfield kicker mechanism supposed to be like this or mine is broken? In case I have to buy it again, i don't know which part to look for a replacement..do you know which shops has it? I would also need a plunger, that as you can see is worned out, but I cannot find it online..

20170729_185216 (resized).jpg20170729_185216 (resized).jpg
20170729_185206 (resized).jpg20170729_185206 (resized).jpg
20170729_185225 (resized).jpg20170729_185225 (resized).jpg

20170729_185206 (resized).jpg20170729_185206 (resized).jpg

20170729_185707 (resized).jpg20170729_185707 (resized).jpg

#4063 6 years ago

The above post has me a bit concerned. My kicker works fine, but I've never taken it apart so don't know what it looks like in there.

This guy recently popped up on eBay - ebay.com link: NOS Williams Shadow pinball mini playfield repair pinion gear kit 50032

I believe there's a new brass gear in there. What else?

Who has some info on preventative maintenance to get the most life out of the kicker assembly?

#4064 6 years ago

The original gearset consisted of the nylon pinion gear and a nylon rack gear. The "upgrade" used a brass gear. Problem was, the brass gear would wear out the nylon rack gear prematurely. Then you have a good pinion and a bad rack gear.

So the best and most effective fix is to use both nylon gears. Eventually, seems the nylon gear breaks at the pin or set-screw mount. But the rack won't take a hit. Eventually means maybe 10-20 years of use.

#4065 6 years ago

I've had some drop outs from my last Shadow translite package run, so have a little stack of extras sitting here. If you're interested shoot me a PM.

Thinking this might be the last time I print them, getting too hard to get enough people together, takes too long, then people flake or sell the machine or something. Just not sure it's worth the headache anymore.

See what the future brings, but for the moment I'm thinking this is last call. Been a good run.

Translite-Plus-Speakers (resized).jpgTranslite-Plus-Speakers (resized).jpg

#4066 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've had some drop outs from my last Shadow translite package run, so have a little stack of extras sitting here. If you're interested shoot me a PM.
Thinking this might be the last time I print them, getting too hard to get enough people together, takes too long, then people flake or sell the machine or something. Just not sure it's worth the headache anymore.
See what the future brings, but for the moment I'm thinking this is last call. Been a good run.

Hello, how much for the kit shipped to Italy?

#4067 6 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Hello, how much for the kit shipped to Italy?

$175 shipped in the US, $205 shipped international. Translite, speaker panel, and instruction cards.

#4068 6 years ago

Does somebody have the mini playfield guard they would want sell to me , if yes send me a pm thx in advance

Naamloos (resized).jpgNaamloos (resized).jpg

#4069 6 years ago
Quoted from boiydiego:

Does somebody have the mini playfield guard they would want sell to me , if yes send me a pm thx in advance

If you can't find one, it'd be easy enough to bend out of sheet metal

#4070 6 years ago

i know but the original effect is gone

#4071 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

$175 shipped in the US, $205 shipped international. Translite, speaker panel, and instruction cards.

Maybe the best deal in pinball. Super nice product!

#4072 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thinking this might be the last time I print them, getting too hard to get enough people together, takes too long, then people flake or sell the machine or something.

Strange since it seems like people are always asking for them. I sold an extra set I had a while back and got a lot of interest. Asked what I paid and it sold it quick. I bought it before getting a Shadow to make sure I would not miss out. Ended up getting a Shadow with it so didn't need it. I highly recommend anyone thinking about getting a Shadow to get a set. Looks awesome lit up with the right leds. I recommend removing some of the middle lights to get the right contrast. Speaker panel looks very sharp as well. Even if you never get a Shadow, you could flip the set for a few bucks extra down the road when they are no longer available.

#4073 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Strange since it seems like people are always asking for them. I sold an extra set I had a while back and got a lot of interest. Asked what I paid and it sold it quick. I bought it before getting a Shadow to make sure I would not miss out. Ended up getting a Shadow with it so didn't need it. I highly recommend anyone thinking about getting a Shadow to get a set. Looks awesome lit up with the right leds. I recommend removing some of the middle lights to get the right contrast. Speaker panel looks very sharp as well. Even if you never get a Shadow, you could flip the set for a few bucks extra down the road when they are no longer available.

One of the best Translites ever! I have more fun rearranging the look behind Aurichs Shadow!
(I think its the high quality thick print)
I think my favorite has been slow blinking and multiphase color changing behind the buildings to make them look like there is a "battle" with explosions behind him, and then bringing the Shadow himself, brighter to the front.
Hard to tell in a Pic, but I think ive done 4-5 different lightings, and have been happy with all.

#4074 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Strange since it seems like people are always asking for them.

I imagine I'll eventually move the ones I have left, but demand has slowed down because most people who want one already have it. Hey, victim of my own success! Someone asked if I'd sell them just the translite, and I said I wanted to wait to make sure everyone who wanted a full set got it, if this is the last run I don't want anyone left out. And honestly I'd prefer to not sit on extra speaker panels that I paid for.

I should probably start a new thread, I'll wait a bit and see how things go.

Appreciate the kind words everyone, this is probably the project I'm most proud of, simply because it's one of my favorite pins of all time, that has often been dogged by people hating on the translite, so seeing so many folks gaining new appreciation for the game is the best feeling.

#4075 6 years ago

You should be proud!
The translite is a real killer
Stern should hire you!

#4076 6 years ago

I Finally rejoined the club a couple months ago and just ordered Aurich's translite and speaker panel. I sold my Shadow years ago and I it has been one of the very few machines I regretted getting rid of. Really happy to get it back. This time for good.

#4077 6 years ago
Quoted from dahlman:

Stern should hire you!

If there's anything I learned from Alien it's that I definitely don't want to ever have a job in pinball.

#4078 6 years ago

Keep it hobby, keeps the Fun

#4079 6 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Hello guys, is the miniplayfield kicker mechanism supposed to be like this or mine is broken? In case I have to buy it again, i don't know which part to look for a replacement..do you know which shops has it? I would also need a plunger, that as you can see is worned out, but I cannot find it online..

The marco guy has those parts, I believe

#4080 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes, put a washer or two under one of the wireform screws to tilt the angle to the playfield.

Thanks, worked like a charm!

#4081 6 years ago

Has anyone experienced problems with the center bulb in the mini playfield? It only seems to light when the ball is in play in the battlefield. Otherwise it is off. Thanks.

#4082 6 years ago

The shadow corner in the basement is getting done, now just waiting for the Aurich translite

IMG_1926 (resized).JPGIMG_1926 (resized).JPG

#4083 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Your price is fair its a great package if you like it id suggest it . looks great in person. I myself am fine with the original.
there should be more alternate trans lights for all games. so get to work!

#4084 6 years ago

Has anybody replaced the ring bulb with these..I know roadshow uses something like this .

20170812_010923 (resized).png20170812_010923 (resized).png

#4085 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Has anybody replaced the ring bulb with these..I know roadshow uses something like this .

Would this look good? I'd think it'd be too dark.

#4086 6 years ago
Quoted from boiydiego:

almost non existent. I looked for 2 years, just found one on ebay few months back. paid like $200 for it. but had no choice.

#4087 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

somebody has them, I just bought some a year ago. have to look see if I can remember where.

#4088 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

pinball life has them. #7268 bulbs

#4089 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

almost non existent. I looked for 2 years, just found one on ebay few months back. paid like $200 for it. but had no choice.

I bet someone could 3D print this pretty easily

#4090 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

pinball life has them. #7268 bulbs

Thanks. Most of those tiny sleeves connecting the wires to the leads on the bulbs are broken or almost broken. Unless somebody sells those too, I need to solder the wires to the leads. Just reckoned the Leds would last longer than the bulbs.

#4091 6 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

I bet someone could 3D print this pretty easily

no I checked, pinball life said it wasn't possible. I actually thought so too, but guess not????

#4092 6 years ago

So my shadow is missing the little part that resides under the battlefield entrance wireform exit and fills the gap between the right side targets so the ball doesn't get stuck there.

BF-GapFiller (resized).jpgBF-GapFiller (resized).jpg

The manual says this is P/N 01-13596 and defines this as a "spring steel target". Anyone willing to take this off their game and take a few pictures with a ruler next to it in various orthogonal orientations (or at a minimum measure the angle) so I could perhaps "build" my own?

Else I imagine it looks kind of like one of the below from a side view...

BF-GapFiller-Guess (resized).jpgBF-GapFiller-Guess (resized).jpg

Or worse case I'll just use an L-bracket with a rubber ring around it as perhaps a simpler fix...

BF-GapFiller-SimpleRubberRing (resized).jpgBF-GapFiller-SimpleRubberRing (resized).jpg

#4093 6 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

So my shadow is missing the little part that resides under the battlefield entrance wireform exit and fills the gap between the right side targets so the ball doesn't get stuck there.

The manual says this is P/N 01-13596 and defines this as a "spring steel target". Anyone willing to take this off their game and take a few pictures with a ruler next to it in various orthogonal orientations (or at a minimum measure the angle) so I could perhaps "build" my own?

Or worse case I'll just use an L-bracket with a rubber ring around it as perhaps a simpler fix...

Missing that part as well. Didn't know it even existed. If you decide on making one, be interested in purchasing one as well. Thanks.

#4094 6 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

I have this part off the game right now.

#4095 6 years ago

Let me know if you have any questions on the dimensions.

20170815_091919 (resized).jpg20170815_091919 (resized).jpg

#4097 6 years ago

Gents I just joined this club today through a fortuitous event. I usually have a " pinballs wanted" ad running on Craigslist. Havent really gotten any decent responses in some time, but I keep renewing the ad just in case. So I got a call from a guy yesterday who asked if I was still looking for pinball machines, and he then told me he had a Bally Shadow he wanted to sell. Expecting him to say next he looked on ebay and that he wants 5 grand or something BUT instead he says he paid 900 bucks for it ( plus 50 bucks for delivery) ten years ago! And, since it had some missing/ broken pieces he would let it go for.....800 bucks. And he was only an hour away. Me and a buddy drove over this morning and picked it up, it has one of the nicer playfields Ive seen with NO sanctum wear, and only one trough switch error! Nice bright crisp DMD too. The whole machine is in great shape, clean, and the missing and broken pieces were one phurba missing on a diverter and a corner broken off one sling plastic. We got home and set it up and played a dozen or so games, aside from needing a basic playfield cleaning/shop out, and the right diverter is a bit loose/sloppy, it has no issues. My best score in a long time! Deals are still out there. Looking forward to getting it shopped and waxed this weekend, will post a couple pics.
Glad to be in the club!

#4098 6 years ago

Couple quick cell phone pics....

20170816_131756 (resized).jpg20170816_131756 (resized).jpg

20170816_131743 (resized).jpg20170816_131743 (resized).jpg

#4099 6 years ago

You're a very lucky man!

I forgot who, but somebody sells those diverter phurbas.

#4100 6 years ago

very lucky!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/82?hl=noahd42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.