IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 219.
#351 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

The Shadow is a 5 ball game according to the user manual. I can't confirm or remember and not at home right now.

Has to use more than 3 since sanctum is a 3 ball multiball

#352 10 years ago

Lol, didn't even read the 3 balls part right, yes, it's a 5 ball game. Hopefully it's that simple.

Quoted from Syco54645:

Has to use more than 3 since sanctum is a 3 ball multiball

Final Battle is 5 ball multiball.

#353 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Even with the shades always closed?

If you can see light, the game will see light.

Tint the window with Limo Tint (it blocks 99 % of UV light, but still lets you see outside).

You can peel it off easily when you sell the house.

#354 10 years ago

Oh really it holds 5 balls? Problem solved. I must have lost my marbles lol. I bet when I took the balls out 2 of them rolled away on me. It was 2:00am when I took the balls out. lololol I never played The Shadow before so I had no idea it had 5 balls.

As well, I don't have any cards, sticker or manual that says it takes 5 balls. I did not check online because I assumed the 3 balls I had sitting on the table was all it takes lol.

#355 10 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Just got home from bringing in my new Shadow 1:30am lol
I have a lot to work on, but it should be ok. I don't have a manual, "Just ordered one". Was curious if anyone can tell me the part number for the Mongol switch "Circled in photo" need the entire switch with pad. As well, looks like someone cut the plastic frame around the battlefield. Rather than taking the plastic off to work on a switch they just F**king cut it off. Curious if that is available anyplace? If not I will clean it up and make a replacement side panel.

shadowknows.jpg 121 KB

Pretty sure the mongol target is this one http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=326

I just ordered black ones to replace those 2 on mine.

I seem to recall hearing that the plastic that goes around the battlefield is not available anywhere, but I'm not 100% on that.

I'm up in Oakland and have a Shadow as well, if you have any questions.

#356 10 years ago

I never played The Shadow before

You're in for some fun then!

As well, I don't have any cards, sticker or manual that says it takes 5 balls. I did not check online because I assumed the 3 balls I had sitting on the table was all it takes lol.

There should be a yellow sticker under the lockdown bar, obviously someone took it off at some point to troll you.

#357 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballrus:

Pretty sure the mongol target is this one http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=326

I just ordered black ones to replace those 2 on mine.

I seem to recall hearing that the plastic that goes around the battlefield is not available anywhere, but I'm not 100% on that.

I'm up in Oakland and have a Shadow as well, if you have any questions.

Thanks Pinballrus, ordering now

I figured that battlefield plastic is irreplaceable. After I clean/cut the mangled edge I should be able to use some black plastic and heat/bend to make a fake side. When done, should look just fine.

Quoted from Aurich:

There should be a yellow sticker under the lockdown bar, obviously someone took it off at some point to troll you.

Yep, they must have. I know I have stickers on all my other pins. They did have one sticker, it said "Out of Order" lololol

#358 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Lol, didn't even read the 3 balls part right, yes, it's a 5 ball game. Hopefully it's that simple.

Final Battle is 5 ball multiball.

Never got there...

#359 10 years ago

Any of you guys getting crazy air balls off the right stand up target for the left ramp? I've tried bending the target forward a bit and foam looks to be pretty good but I am still getting some wild air balls into the pf glass, hitting the side walls of the cab and even over the flipper bats too!

#360 10 years ago

I don't have a manual, "Just ordered one". Was curious if anyone can tell me the part number for the Mongol switch "Circled in photo" need the entire switch with pad. As well, looks like someone cut the plastic frame around the battlefield. Rather than taking the plastic off to work on a switch they just F**king cut it off. Curious if that is available anyplace? If not I will clean it up and make a replacement side panel.

shadowknows.jpg 121 KB

Part number is A-18530-6

I opted to buy the re-enforced version A-18530-6R from Marcos.....the foam was off mine and in pretty bad shape...should get this weekend so I can play again.

You can print the manual from ipdb.org....it's free

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2528/Bally_1994_The_Shadow_Manual.pdf

#361 10 years ago

CRAP!! - I thought the problem was just that I only had 3 balls in. Well with 5 still same issue.

It wont fire, and says balls missing.

I run a Solenoid test (Door Closed) And not one solenoid fires.

#362 10 years ago

I bought Josh5859's Shadow shown on page 1 of the club post a few weeks ago. I'm addicted and have probably logged more hours on it in the last few weeks then all my other machines in the last few months. Like some of the other posts say - I always need to play one more game.

The only thing that is causing me headaches is the right eject hole. Even though there is a gate, it seems like the ball pops out 75% of the time. I need to hit it really soft or get a lucky bounce. Since they put a gate there, you'd assume that the shot shouldn't come out. It has to be bouncing off the rubber ball stopper before the gate even has a chance to drop back down.

Is this just another way for Shadow to kick your butt?

The gate is pretty much vertical and seems like it has not been bent from the original shape. It's mounted with 2 screws on one side with one of the screw holes slotted to adjust the angle of the gate to the hole. But I have a hard time believing this would make a difference.

#363 10 years ago

Had a stuck ball tonight in a rare spot (for my game)IMG_20131009_175441.jpgIMG_20131009_175441.jpg

#365 10 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

The only thing that is causing me headaches is the right eject hole. Even though there is a gate, it seems like the ball pops out 75% of the time. I need to hit it really soft or get a lucky bounce. Since they put a gate there, you'd assume that the shot shouldn't come out. It has to be bouncing off the rubber ball stopper before the gate even has a chance to drop back down.

That shot is hard enough without that! Not normal. So one thing people do that you might try is putting a little foam behind the saucer so the ball energy is deadened and it's not bouncing back so hard. Is there excessive wear on the saucer itself that's having trouble holding the ball?

I guess it's also worth asking what angle you've got the playfield, you're not jacked up to 8° or anything?

#366 10 years ago

Fixed it... Blown fuse, someone hacked a connector and raw wires touched. I need to fix that ASAP. All solenoids work now.

#367 10 years ago

Strange problem with my Shadow. I get a credit dot while playing a game all the time. When I open the coin door and run the test, no errors and credit dot goes away. Anyone else experience something like this?

#368 10 years ago

I wish I could help RustyLizard. Hope you don't mind I ask another question right after you?

Question: The two right ring lights are dead. These are not standard lights, they are led diodes. Not sure yet how to open up the ring to see if its just two dead diodes? Do these run on a fuse? Anyone know how to fix them?

#369 10 years ago

Question: The two right ring lights are dead. These are not standard lights, they are led diodes. Not sure yet how to open up the ring to see if its just two dead diodes? Do these run on a fuse? Anyone know how to fix them?

You don't need to open the ring, just pull the wires, the lights come right out. They just slide in from the outside.

#370 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You don't need to open the ring, just pull the wires, the lights come right out. They just slide in from the outside.

Woot! Just a dead diode

#371 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That shot is hard enough without that! Not normal. So one thing people do that you might try is putting a little foam behind the saucer so the ball energy is deadened and it's not bouncing back so hard. Is there excessive wear on the saucer itself that's having trouble holding the ball?

I guess it's also worth asking what angle you've got the playfield, you're not jacked up to 8° or anything?

Thanks! There is no wear on the saucer and the playfield angle is set right. I bent the gate up toward the saucer so that it would not have as far to fall back. Of course this required me to take off the right ramp, loosen all the wire forms, etc. I've only played a few games since but it seems to be working. If it doesn't, I'll give the foam trick a try.

#372 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Strange problem with my Shadow. I get a credit dot while playing a game all the time. When I open the coin door and run the test, no errors and credit dot goes away. Anyone else experience something like this?

I have the same problem. My guess is that is happens when the sanctum drop gate and ball lock sequence gets out of whack somehow. It doesn't happen all the time or cause any game problems so I haven't worried about it but would be nice to fix.

#373 10 years ago

Just pull the wire out and you will see a two pin socket there and these are the bulbs you will want to order from PBL

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=39

#374 10 years ago

Question: When the brick wall is up and when a ball hit's it. Is the magnet suppose to grab it "EVERY" time or am I suppose to hit it only when something is activated? Sometimes the ball just bounces back and I have to try and hit it again. Or sometimes the ball doesn't make it but the wall goes down. Could the sensor be bad or dirty and it doesn't see the ball enter. Maybe it shoots in too fast or on a angle or bounce? As well, is the magnet suppose to make a vibrating noise like mine or is it suppose to be silent when it throws the ball?

Quoted from mwong168:

Just pull the wire out

Yep got it . I should have expected they are just stuck in.

#375 10 years ago

It only grabs it if the lock is lit. You shouldn't hear any vibrating, and the wall shouldn't drop unless the ball is grabbed though, so sounds like you've go something to sort out.

#376 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It only grabs it if the lock is lit. You shouldn't hear any vibrating, and the wall shouldn't drop unless the ball is grabbed though, so sounds like you've go something to sort out.

Sigh, and the guy I bought it from says 10/10 Mechanical Condition. I assume the vibrating magnet means the magnet is failing or off balance. I am not sure how these things work. Anyone know what I need to fix or do?

#377 10 years ago

Sigh, and the guy I bought it from says 10/10 Mechanical Condition. I assume the vibrating magnet means the magnet is failing or off balance. I am not sure how these things work. Anyone know what I need to fix or do?

Just guessing here, but maybe the screws that hold the magnet are loose? That's the first thing I'd check.

#378 10 years ago

Looks like the magnet is loose. Should be an easy fix... Will confirm after I work on it for a bit.

EDIT: Haha, I did not refresh the page before I commented. Glad that I am at least problem-solving in the right direction.

#379 10 years ago

Woot, Fixed. Works like a charm now. On to the next list of things to fix haha. Really enjoy the game, and will enjoy it even more when its finished. Long ways to go.

BTW, just thought of a fun idea. I have a bunch of extra Black Pearl balls. Im adding (1) ball. And when you play that one black ball will be like it is THE SHADOW lol. Fun idea right?

#380 10 years ago

Woot, Fixed. Works like a charm now.

Nice work, now go make that translite.

#381 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nice work, now go make that translite.

haha, I have a lot to do on the shadow yet. Need to re-flow some pins and clean/remove a board hack and more. more more more shit. But on my down time between clients I have managed to get the sketch started. So, at least it has progress.

#382 10 years ago

[[[[ SOLVED ]]]]] : F104 blown fuse.

Ok, On to the next "New" Problem.

All my Solenoids work. And all of a sudden my Ball Launcher wont fire. However when I pull the trigger I get the sound FX.

1. The coil is fine.
2. I get no voltage to the coil.
3. Other coils work

Question: Is the Ball Launch on a different fuse?

#383 10 years ago

And yet another problem: The Mini-Battlefield Drop Targets.

Question: After you hit a target, are they supposed to stay down or reset the next time you get up to the battlefield as well for next player? Mine, do not reset each time just on boot up or new game.

#384 10 years ago

And yet another problem: The Mini-Battlefield Drop Targets.
Question: After you hit a target, are they supposed to stay down or reset the next time you get up to the battlefield as well for next player? Mine, do not reset each time just on boot up or new game.

Should reset every time.

#385 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Should reset every time.

Hmmm. Well, I do know I need to clean the years of gunk from the targets which makes them sluggish. However what I find odd is the solenoid successfully resets the targets on boot up. However, I did get mini-playfield targets & coil errors this morning. Now that I know what it is supposed to do that will help me troubleshoot.

#386 10 years ago

Do they reset when you hit them during the Battlefield? They should only stay down if you hit the target number of shots, otherwise they should reset immediately after being hit.

#387 10 years ago

Interesting. The second they get hit, they stay down for the entire game. Only time they reset is on system boot or "Maybe" new game. Clearly the coil is not working. But, the fact that it resets on system boot means the coil worked just not during gameplay. I am 100% sure the coil sleeve and shaft are gummed up just like the battlefield block target that I cleaned and the drop-targets that need to be cleaned. When I get home tonight I will investigate.

#388 10 years ago

Joining the club later in the week...can't wait! Almost changed my mind after watching the first thirty minutes of the movie though...it did get a little better though

Found a really nice one that's gonna look sweet with the new art, thanks Aurich.

#389 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Found a really nice one that's gonna look sweet with the new art, thanks Aurich.

Awesome. Just waiting for final word from the printer, they had to do some reprints on Friday for ones that weren't up to snuff. Really looking forward to everyone getting to put these on their machines and see them in person.

#390 10 years ago

Interesting. The second they get hit, they stay down for the entire game. Only time they reset is on system boot or "Maybe" new game. Clearly the coil is not working. But, the fact that it resets on system boot means the coil worked just not during gameplay. I am 100% sure the coil sleeve and shaft are gummed up just like the battlefield block target that I cleaned and the drop-targets that need to be cleaned. When I get home tonight I will investigate.

Mine developed the same problem. Worked fine for the first week but now it only resets when it feels like it.

#391 10 years ago

Just to confirm. The target is supposed to reset the second the target is hit or when the ball exits the battlefield?

#392 10 years ago

Just to confirm. The target is supposed to reset the second the target is hit or when the ball exits the battlefield?

Second it hits. They should only stay down after you've hit all 30/50/70/90 targets. Hit it, drops, ball bounces back, target pops back up.

#393 10 years ago

Gotcha. I'm thinking the switches may be bad since it resets on boot. Maybe they are so gummed up they don't even get pressed. Hope its a simple fix that only requires some cleaning.

#394 10 years ago

(RESOLVED) - For now..
I don't know what happened, but I ran all tests possible. Coils, Switches, Mini-PF test. Then after a reboot, everything ran smooth? lol weird. I bet it will come back, but for now its working again. Maybe running the tests flushed out whatever problem I had. So weird.

Ahh these problems never end.

(1) - The paddle moves really slow going left. But fast going right.

(2) - Targets do not reset after hitting them. They only reset on System boot or new game. The Solenoid works.

- I have cleaned the targets and they no longer stick, should be perfect. I have also re-flowed the board and cleaned the connectors. No luck.
- I get drop target Check Errors as well a bad coil error. "However, the coil works via test."

1 week later
#395 10 years ago

Here's my Shadow Led Ring Mod , no more blown ring bulbs .

Shadow-Ring-Mod.jpgShadow-Ring-Mod.jpg Shadow-ring-mod-3-.jpgShadow-ring-mod-3-.jpg

#396 10 years ago

Nice work, thanks for writing it up and sharing.

1 week later
#397 10 years ago

Hey guys, just joined the club over the weekend, mine needs a bit of work though, most of which is covered here:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houstonshadow-sanctum-issue-and-others

My question here is, does anyone know a reason why the gun trigger wouldn't work to collect mongol hurry up at 3million, or why i cant use it during the video mode to clear the phurbas? Is it a rom issue or software settings (pretty sure its not settings)? Gun trigger plunges the ball when pulled and makes a gun clicking sound any other time.

Also, does anyone know if the ramp diverters will sometimes switch just as a new ball is being loaded into the plunger lane? One or both of the diverters seem to randomly switch directions sometimes at the start of a new ball, wasnt sure if this was normal or not?

Thanks guys, gonna install Aurichs translite and post some pics once i get everything fixed.

#398 10 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

Hey guys, just joined the club over the weekend, mine needs a bit of work though, most of which is covered here:
My question here is, does anyone know a reason why the gun trigger wouldn't work to collect mongol hurry up at 3million, or why i cant use it during the video mode to clear the phurbas? Is it a rom issue or software settings (pretty sure its not settings)? Gun trigger plunges the ball when pulled and makes a gun clicking sound any other time.
Also, does anyone know if the ramp diverters will sometimes switch just as a new ball is being loaded into the plunger lane? One or both of the diverters seem to randomly switch directions sometimes at the start of a new ball, wasnt sure if this was normal or not?
Thanks guys, gonna install Aurichs translite and post some pics once i get everything fixed.

The ramp diverters changing is normal - not sure about why the gun wouldn't work.

#399 10 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

I get that sometimes too.

#400 10 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

This is a guess but I think it may be your ROM version....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.