Topic Stats

• 6,345 posts
  • 544 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by schwarz
  • Topic is favorited by 180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,665 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

shadow plastics (resized).JPG
IMG_0469 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191015_183921 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191015_183931 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191015_184237 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191015_184453 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191012_170818.jpg
IMG_20191012_170850.jpg
Switch extension (resized).jpg
20190930_205342 (resized).jpg
B5C8A473-15DD-4B65-A841-C4BE1E2AED59.jpeg
20190926_195646 (resized).jpg
image-20190926_162228 (resized).jpg
IMG_8136 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1101 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6345 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 127.
#3551 2 years ago

(zoom)

Insulator - terminal strip

#01-12299

.03 inch thick fish paper insulator for terminal strips.

Reference:

•01-12299

(zoom)

THE SHADOW (Bally) guard, coil

#01-13590

Bally THE SHADOW pinball machine coil guard.

Reference:
•01-13590

These are the parts you need to cover the coil from Marco Spec.

#3552 2 years ago

I placed TWO orders for STTNG within the last 2 days from Marco. I'll add these to my cart for next time. I'm getting hosed on shipping! Thanks for the references, will pick these up for sure.

#3553 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

I did it! I beat the final battle! My life is now one of purpose and honor. What a rush!

Dammit I'm jealous, I have had one light left (on the mini playfield) but have never completed it in 10 years of owning......yet!

#3554 2 years ago

Hi

Anyone "who knows" what part nr the plunger and or plunger tip in The Shadow?

#3555 2 years ago
Quoted from superolav:

Hi

Check the manual?

#3556 2 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Dammit I'm jealous, I have had one light left (on the mini playfield) but have never completed it in 10 years of owning......yet!

I took some advice I read here and only focused on the battlefield right away. I had two shots left with two balls in play and I thought one of them was the shadow loop. I must have been wrong because without hitting it all of a sudden the game shut off (or so I thought) and I was about to go crazy thinking I had a reset. Then the DMD fired up and some epic animations and audio followed. I'll probably never do it again!

What's also cool is the wizard mode starts over again. I'm not sure you get the same time of unlimited balls though. Seemed shorter, but I was too pumped to pay much attention at that point.

#3557 2 years ago
Quoted from superolav:

Hi

Williams/Bally Bell Armature (Plunger) Assembly A-6306-2

Pinballlife has them for $6.00

#3558 2 years ago

Looking for this topper, anyone have one they would like to sell?

IMG_0348 (resized).JPG

#3559 2 years ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

Looking for this topper, anyone have one they would like to sell?

One just sold on eBay yesterday. Missed it by $7.

#3560 2 years ago

Thanks to Chris at www.pinballplating.com for swapping my wire forms with newly brassed ones. They look great. Also added gold mirror blades

IMG_4339 (resized).JPG

IMG_4342 (resized).JPG

IMG_4343 (resized).JPG

IMG_4346 (resized).JPG

#3561 2 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

PS Somone else has a playfield protector on this pin? How is it??

He he, actually "someoneelse" does have a playfield protector on his machine.

Usually I don't like the protectors but when i bought mine it was already in the game. Originally wanted to take it out, but I was lazy and since my PF looks brand new (even in the Sanctum area there is not even the slightest sign of wear) it's still in the pin now. It plays very nice and smooth, actually, nothing to criticize regarding playability. The ball lock may cause some problems if you don't slightly raise the plastic above it with acrylic washers or likewise.
Have to say that the look of it is not ideal, though. It scratches and gets slightly dull quite fast. Since I play in a dark gameroom the angle in which the GI light hits the PF makes this even more noticeable, in daylight you do not see it that much. If I had it teared down anyway I'd rather have the PF cleared professionally than using a protector. But the previous owner already renovated the machine and as I said, I'm lazy these days....

#3563 2 years ago

Got some new plating on all trim, wire forms and gun. Thanks to Chris at pinballplating.com

IMG_4474 (resized).JPG

IMG_4487 (resized).JPG

#3564 2 years ago

The odd thing is the PPS description says "improved lense"...does this mean they don't 100% match the originals?

#3565 2 years ago

It appears to me that the reverse faceting on the "gem" in the ring, is not present,
or different then original.

Still, a long time coming, and in lieu of none, its a welcome option sorely needed.

#3566 2 years ago

So I got to Final Battle last night, the balls had stopped auto plunging and I managed to get two trapped on the left. I looked up and saw this! One shot left and it was the shadow loop. I took a deep breath, tried to separate and sent one ball straight down the left out lane, doh!

Attachment 1 (resized).jpg

Oh well, new GC

Attachment 1 (resized).jpg

#3567 2 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Got some new plating on all trim, wire forms and gun. Thanks to Chris at pinballplating.com

Looks sweet. Man that's a tempting investment. Perhaps I should start with the gun. It's a slippery slope though.

#3568 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

Looks sweet. Man that's a tempting investment. Perhaps I should start with the gun. It's a slippery slope though.

"the sun is shining, but the ice is slippery"

#3569 2 years ago

Can one of shadow owners take a picture of the underside of the mini playfield. So i can see how the coil is positioned correctly and the coil guard with fish paper. I want to make sure this game is back to being complete again. Im almost there.

#3570 2 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

"the sun is shining, but the ice is slippery"

Haha! Just dive right in and do it all at once Stings a little but you'll live.

#3571 2 years ago

20161203_180524 (resized).jpg

#3572 2 years ago

I got the last of the parts I needed to start making the Battle Field Light Mod. I built my board today and it works perfectly. I will build these to order, you can have a 2,3,4 second delay. Also with or without the extra GI lighting cable. I will take some pics of the installation, but its so simple a child can do it. If you have trouble don't call me get a child to help you.

#3573 2 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I got the last of the parts I needed to start making the Battle Field Light Mod. I built my board today and it works perfectly. I will build these to order, you can have a 2,3,4 second delay. Also with or without the extra GI lighting cable. I will take some pics of the installation, but its so simple a child can do it. If you have trouble don't call me get a child to help you.

Let's do it! Can't wait

#3574 2 years ago

I hate uploading videos, I hate making videos, what a pain in my a#%. Lets see if it works.

#3575 2 years ago

Just as a heads up, the site says you need 2, made me assume that they came as a two pack seeing as how there are four on the game, but in reality you need 4. Just in case anyone else is ordering. I luckily only needed two.....then of course after they arrived another of my originals broke....son of a....

#3576 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Just as a heads up, the site says you need 2, made me assume that they came as a two pack seeing as how there are four on the game, but in reality you need 4. Just in case anyone else is ordering. I luckily only needed two.....then of course after they arrived another of my originals broke....son of a....

Do they look different than the originals when in the game? Does it work to mix old and new rings?

#3577 2 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Do they look different than the originals when in the game? Does it work to mix old and new rings?

They look fine to me, didn't inspect super close but don't notice a difference

#3578 2 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

» YouTube video
I hate uploading videos, I hate making videos, what a pain in my a#%. Lets see if it works.

This looks great, what second delay is this, 2 sec?

#3579 2 years ago

Yes it is 2 second delay, I had to give it a try because some of you asked for it. I still think more time is needed like 4 seconds for my taste. You can have what you like as I have resistors for 2, 3 and 4 seconds.

#3580 2 years ago

I dunno what it is about TS and BSD.. but i'm itching to get back to the shadow club, anyone thinking about BSD hit me up for a trade.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/45912

Added over 3 years ago:

Archived after 20 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
Fully restored (full original status) “I decided to go for the new Alien pin, looking to sell. Quick pic shows it's got painted graveyard, castle, town, New plastics, auto cleared playfield, coffin mod etc. More pics co...”
2017-02-27
Moncks Corner, SC
3,300 (OBO)

#3581 2 years ago

Here's a tip I haven't seen posted, it's a tactic I use to reliably get the extra ball in video mode:

1. Play video good enough to get up to the $3 million.
2. When you get to this point, make your way to the right of the screen.
3. Remove your right hand and place it on the gun.
4. Tap the left flipper button as required to only move left and avoid the phurbas (it now becomes a timing game as opposed to a dodge one). When you get to the left side, and can't move any further left wait until there is a phurba coming at you and pull the trigger.
5. The Extra Ball should arrive during the reprieve.
6. Collect.

#3582 2 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

» YouTube video Lets see if it works.

It works. So how/when can we order?

#3583 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

It works. So how/when can we order?

You can order now, I was going to take so installation pics tomorrow to avoid 20 of the same questions. One kit is on its way to Washington already.

#3584 2 years ago

This is what comes in the kit.

009 (resized).JPG

#3585 2 years ago

This is the motor control board that you are going to connect to. Remove the connector with 4 wires.

010 (resized).JPG

#3586 2 years ago

Connect the new relay board in parallel with the motor board. It doesn't matter which connector goes on the motor control board.

011 (resized).JPG

#3587 2 years ago

Mount the new board to the left and attach with the zip ties provided to the wiring harness.

012 (resized).JPG

#3588 2 years ago

Use the power clips to get power from a GI bulb socket. (Socket with out a diode) The power clips connect to the shorter red/black wire.

013 (resized).JPG

#3589 2 years ago

Run the longer light wires along the wiring harness down to the large rectangle hole in the p/f. Use the smaller zip ties to hold the wires to the wiring harness. Do a neat job now.

014 (resized).JPG

#3590 2 years ago

can we order one through you now? i sent u a request earlier last month

#3591 2 years ago

The light wire that is black is for when the ball is in the battle field. The other wire is for adding GI lighting to the battle field if you want to. If you don't want this feature, let me know when you order and I will leave it off and drop the price 1.00.

015 (resized).JPG

#3592 2 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

can we order one through you now? i sent u a request earlier last month

Yes you can. Have patience with me as I'm old and suffer from stupidity.
I just wanted everyone to know what there getting for $$ first.

#3593 2 years ago

Also you will get a six month warranty from the shipping date, just return it unmolested as you got and I will fix it or replace it as needed.

#3594 2 years ago

Any Comet pinball Matrix items can be use with this relay board. Remember thou if you connect to the GI then use 6.3 led bulbs and strips. If you want to run 12 volt leds and strips then I think you should install a separate power supply connected to the service outlet. If you need help with how to run 12 volt items then just PM me.

016 (resized).JPG

#3595 2 years ago

Just made payment. this mod is killer. finally i can light up that dark playfield. thanks for everything? what do you think is the best delay time?

#3596 2 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

The light wire that is black is for when the ball is in the battle field. The other wire is for adding GI lighting to the battle field if you want to. If you don't want this feature, let me know when you order and I will leave it off and drop the price 1.00.

Where did you mount the light strip?

#3597 2 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Yes it is 2 second delay, I had to give it a try because some of you asked for it. I still think more time is needed like 4 seconds for my taste. You can have what you like as I have resistors for 2, 3 and 4 seconds.

Great mod, very cool!

Have you though about adding an adjustable pot so it is possible to set the time for different pinball uses? I'm thinking this could also work well with e.g. lighting up the Army of the Dead on LotR.

#3598 2 years ago

Hello, my name is Duane and The Shadow is my first 90's game. I am used to the classic Ballys and Sterns as I have completely restored a couple. That being said I dont think I am a complete newb to pinball just to this one. Anyway, when I got the machine home it started acting up so I put it in switch edge test, when I pressed on the playfield a bunch of switches lit up. So I searched for a loose wire and found one which I think is for the center stand up target(#56). Can someone let me know if their target has 2 white/blue wires going to it? So I connected the wire turned on the machine and got the rows out error. So I figured I must have fried the diode and U20. Changed diode and U20. Machine booted and then fried the 10 opto board. Any Ideas what I screwed up? Thanks Duane

#3599 2 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Where did you mount the light strip?

I tried mounting the light strip to, above, over and over while in front of the metal strip in the back. Always the same results for me, it reflected off the battle field and in my eyes. No bueno!
I am going to try it again but I need to find a light diffuser sheet first. I think this would be the best way to do it, but I just need to find the right stuff to make it work.

#3600 2 years ago

Have you tried the dimmer switch from Comet? I ordered a few and plan to use one for battlefield illumination and one to control the brightness on the red strips in my Congo volcano.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 6345 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside