IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 219.
#3501 7 years ago

Quick question - I want to switch the battlefield insert lights (to LED's)... I'm assuming I have to unscrew the battlefield from the top and lift up? Easy job?

#3502 7 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

Quick question - I want to switch the battlefield insert lights (to LED's)... I'm assuming I have to unscrew the battlefield from the top and lift up? Easy job?

Just unscrew the thumb screw on the left side and the whole upper playfield tilts up. Thing are packed under there but replacing bulbs is not hard imo.

#3503 7 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

what is the target price range for the completed mod?

Depends on how many people are interested, 18 so far. I will see were its at after the weekend and do some figuring. Some of you are from over seas and I have never dealt with that before so I sure there will have to be an additional shipping charge on top of the normal rates.

#3504 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Depends on how many people are interested, 18 so far.

I'm down for one.

#3505 7 years ago

Put me on the list for a grumpy light mod

#3506 7 years ago

I am also interested in the battlefield mod. Did you ever post what it will look like?

#3507 7 years ago

Damn, where all these shadow owners come from?

#3508 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Damn, where all these shadow owners come from?

The Shadow knows!

#3509 7 years ago

Just got mine last week. Put me on the light list.

#3510 7 years ago

Is there a site to order the alt translite? The only one I can find is in Germany

#3511 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Is there a site to order the alt translite? The only one I can find is in Germany

I have my old aurich alt translight. Its damaged and currently on ebay. If it intrest u

#3512 7 years ago

I am in GRUMPY

#3513 7 years ago

Were at 22 people in, I was hoping for 25. Maybe I will order enough for 25 anyway and hope they sell so I don't have to eat hamburger helper for the next 6 months.

#3514 7 years ago

I would be in on the grumpy light mod. Any chance you can post a link to a video of the mod? Just curious what it looks like and how it functions. Thanks!

#3515 7 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Well, I bought em off eBay and wired them up to 12V.

I ordered some of the circular 90mm lights you installed in your shadow speakers. Now I have to figure out how to hook the wires below into 12V as you said. Would you let me know exactly how you wired this up to 12V? If you have links to any specific adapters, wire, etc, that I need to get the job done I'd really appreciate you sending them. Thanks for your help!

IMG_4155 (resized).JPGIMG_4155 (resized).JPG

#3516 7 years ago

Anyone have a set of head decals (or know where to get them)? Thanks!

#3517 7 years ago

Planetary and Bayareaamusements.com has them

#3518 7 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

Yes, as bballfan says, Planetary Pinball and Bay Area have them. Don't buy them off Ebay, it's about a $50 mark up.

#3519 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I ordered some of the circular 90mm lights you installed in your shadow speakers. Now I have to figure out how to hook the wires below into 12V as you said. Would you let me know exactly how you wired this up to 12V? If you have links to any specific adapters, wire, etc, that I need to get the job done I'd really appreciate you sending them. Thanks for your help!

I put an alligator clip on the red and clipped it on to the 12V test point on the driver board. Put a spade connector on the black and put that on the ground braid connection. Easy peasy.

#3520 7 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

Just curious what it looks like and how it functions. Thanks!

Right now its a bread board with with some chips and caps and some resistors and a mess of wires sitting on the bottom of my cabinet. Nothing really worth shooting video of. But here's how it will work. There will three Comet matrix wires coming off of one side of the relay. One of these wires is for power input for the leds that you will supply for the battlefield. If you use 6.3 volt leds then you would hook this power wire to a GI socket. If you use 12 volt leds then this power wire need to be connected to a 12 volt power source. The other 2 matrix wires are for the leds bulbs that you are going to use. One of these wires will be on any time the GI is on to add some extra brightness to the battlefield but does not have to be used if you chose not to. The last matrix wire will be activated for 3 seconds each time the battlefield paddle moves to the left. When this activates the other wire that's on with the GI will turn off. There is one more wire coming off the other side of the relay and this is for connecting this mod to the motor control board. It will have a Z connector and IDC connector for a plug and play hook up.

#3521 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I have my old aurich alt translight. Its damaged and currently on ebay. If it intrest u

Thank you

#3522 7 years ago

I'm possibly interested in the light mod pending price and functionality.

#3523 7 years ago

^Same

#3524 7 years ago

Congrats you got it

#3525 7 years ago

Picked up my shadow last week too. love a good light mod grumpy so keep me in mind too. waiting for the next alt translate run too!

#3526 7 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I put an alligator clip on the red and clipped it on to the 12V test point on the driver board. Put a spade connector on the black and put that on the ground braid connection. Easy peasy.

Sorry to be such a pain in the a$$ but do you have a pic of the 12v test point location?

#3527 7 years ago

Anyone want to walk me through troubleshooting a single switch error - Switch 57/Right Loop Enter - not working. Removed it to give it a look - no visible loose wires and making proper contact. Also ran test mode - does blink when I push "enter button", but does not blink when I manully run finger over switch. Just not working. I don't think it's a row of problem (looking at switch matrix) since no other errors - but I am no expert.

No other errors in game. Maybe need new diode?

Any help much appreciated.

EDIT: Found the culprit - diode wire broken. Different numbers on these, hard to read... anyone know what diode should go on there. Assuming a range? This new one is IN404, which I just read should work?

EDIT #2: Fixed. Soldered new Diode on and my TS is error free once again.

#3528 7 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

I have an extra set that I was going to post, eventually. Just been busy lately.

I have a repro set from RetroRefurbs if you are interested. I'd sell 'em for $60 shipped paypal gifted.

#3529 7 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I have an extra set that I was going to post, eventually. Just been busy lately.
I have a repro set from RetroRefurbs if you are interested. I'd sell 'em for $60 shipped paypal gifted.

Sold!

#3530 7 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

I had a similar issue where it would stutter slowly in one direction. My fix ended up being a new flipper opto board even though it seemed fine. An easy way to test is to switch your flipper opto boards and see if it becomes slow in the other direction.

Thanks for the help but switching out the board did not help. I am going to rebuild the mini kicker and have everything but the bushings / Flange bearings #20-9610 which are sold out.

Anyone have a lead or substitute on the Flange bearings #20-9610?

#3531 7 years ago

Is it a common issue for the ramps to split apart?

#3532 7 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Is it a common issue for the ramps to split apart?

I don't know if I say common, but it does happen.

If that happened to you, you can try welding them. If you are looking for replacements I think Mantis has them:
https://mantispinball.com/product-category/the-shadow/

#3533 7 years ago

Yeah, both ramps have one side that have basically cracked off. One had been previously repaired, have the other one with my buddy who has someone at his shop who may be able to weld it. Fingers crossed

#3534 7 years ago

Hey

How to deassemble the divertor bolt/clip/plug?
Just knock it out from one of the sides?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3535 7 years ago
Quoted from superolav:

Hey
How to deassemble the divertor bolt/clip/plug?
Just knock it out from one of the sides?

Yes.

Be careful not to damage the plunger, they are extremely hard to find (at least that was the case a few years ago).

#3536 7 years ago

Ahh...I had to take one out awhile ago and it was a pain. I ended up having to file it off.

#3537 7 years ago

Just got it back. Looks pretty damn good in my opinion. Not bad for $10.

20170203_162814 (resized).jpg20170203_162814 (resized).jpg

20170203_162823 (resized).jpg20170203_162823 (resized).jpg

#3538 7 years ago

Well I checked a bunch of suppliers for the best part prices and lowest shipping cost. The battlefield lighting mod (leds not included) is going to run $48.00 + $4.00 US for shipping in the lower 48 states. Let me know (PM me) if your still interested as I will start ordering parts on Monday.

#3539 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Well I checked a bunch of suppliers for the best part prices and lowest shipping cost. The battlefield lighting mod (leds not included) is going to run $48.00 + $4.00 US for shipping in the lower 48 states. Let me know (PM me) if your still interested as I will start ordering parts on Monday.

Do you have video of a working prototype?

#3540 7 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Do you have video of a working prototype?

No, videos are very time consuming to post. Since I will be making a video of the install and operation, I was waiting for the actual parts to make an assembled unit for the video. That way you will see what your getting.

#3541 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

No, videos are very time consuming to post. Since I will be making a video of the install and operation, I was waiting for the actual parts to make an assembled unit for the video. That way you will see what your getting.

Cool. What are you hoping is the timeframe for having these available to sell? I still need to reassemble my Shadow, but I want to make sure I have it put back together by the time these are ready.

#3542 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

What are you hoping is the timeframe for having these available to sell?

I will order parts on Monday, I'm not sure how long the pc boards will take to manufacture. I hope to ship the first ones in four weeks. Just remember this is not my job, just a hobby for me. I don't want two jobs either.

#3543 7 years ago

Does anyone have an Aurich speaker panel and translite that they would be willing to part with? I am on the wait list but hoping to grab one before the next run.

#3544 7 years ago

I burned up my mini pf kickbak coil so replaced it and the tip102 on the main board. Now im blowing a fuse and getting switch errors. Also the side to side motor is now grinding and jerky. Doesnt go all the way right. Any ideas? Game was playing perfectly beforehand.

#3545 7 years ago

I shipped my wire forms off to be plated and the FedEx package had a large puncture hole in it. Looks like the small wire form that sends the ball to the Battlefield upper play field was lost. Looking to replace this wire form. I'm sure they are extremely hard to find but please let me know if you anybody has leads on one.

Craig

#3546 7 years ago

Hi All,

Just checking again but I am going to rebuild the mini kicker and have everything but the bushings / Flange bearings #20-9610 which are sold out.

#3547 7 years ago

Anybody got a lead on a decent reasonably priced shadow, so I can join the club!!

#3548 7 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

Hi All,
Just checking again but I am going to rebuild the mini kicker and have everything but the bushings / Flange bearings #20-9610 which are sold out.

Shop in Australia has them, shipping might be a killer. If you have the old one still I would check with a local hardware store an see if they have anything similar.
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/williams-parts/20-9610.html

#3549 7 years ago

I did it! I beat the final battle! My life is now one of purpose and honor. What a rush!

#3550 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

I did it! I beat the final battle! My life is now one of purpose and honor. What a rush!

It's all downhill from here unfortunately

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.