IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 219.
#251 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballrus:

Pics? I'm interested to see what that looks like.
Also, I'm pretty sure all drop targets to get to the battlefield are yellow?

my drop is yellow

#252 10 years ago

Y

Quoted from ZEN:my drop is yellow

Yup the drop to the battlefield is yellow.

#253 10 years ago

Hey Guys I am new to the club. I just picked up a Shadow a week or so age. I haven't really played it yet since I am still trying to work through some issues with it. I was wondering if anybody had an extra plastic that they would want to sell. I need the big wall looking plastic that goes under the right ramp. Mine is pretty broken up.

My machine is also missing the armature that holds the balls in the lock area. The under playfield mech is there I am just missing the armature that seems to look like a C .

Thanks

#254 10 years ago

Managed to trap the ball in a new place last night.

ball-you-are-drunk.jpegball-you-are-drunk.jpeg

#255 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Managed to trap the ball in a new place last night.

Ha ha, never seen that one before.

#256 10 years ago

I'll try and snap a couple pix of it soon. I meant to say my drop target is black, not yellow to the entrance to the battlefield VUK. The targets and drop in the battlefield are yellow just like production.

#257 10 years ago

I've had the ball trap there many times, glad I'm not the only one that's happened to.

#258 10 years ago

I have started the process of tearing the back box apart to paint and re-decAl. I have been dreading this.

#259 10 years ago

redecalling a shadow head isn't that bad because the art is a small sticker on a black head. You don't have to go to the edges. It's a piece of cake. In fact you can do it while it's on the game. Take out 4 screws on one side, 6 on the other. Heat gun off the old. Mask and spray paint black (if needed). Throw on the new ones. Exacto cut the holes and your done. Should be done in about an hour, maybe 2 if you have to wait for paint to dry.

#260 10 years ago

Does anyone from this club have a few leftover plastics for sale? I just picked up a Shadow over the weekend and need a set of slings and a small curved plastic that sits behind the sanctum brick target. Thanks in advance.

#261 10 years ago

Someone sent me a private message asking for pics of how I put more purple on my Shadow, so snapped a couple of quick photos. Quality is so-so, but it's all I have time for this morning. Basically what I did was purple flipper rubbers, purple star posts with blue LEDs under them, replaced all playfield flashers with purple LEDs, and the front three domes are purple with purple LEDs (and filtering inside to keep them from blowing out, they really glow a nice even purple in person, no hot spots, and not too bright). Oh, and some purple post rubbers in some spots. I'll try and take some better off-glass photos with a real camera instead of a phone at some point.

shadow1.jpgshadow1.jpg shadow2.jpgshadow2.jpg

#262 10 years ago

I have purple LED's in the mode inserts. Looks really nice compared to the white.

#263 10 years ago

Nice looking games both of you. Where can I find the instruction cards like the ones in the photo?

#264 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

redecalling a Shadow head isn't that bad because the art is a small sticker on a black head. You don't have to go to the edges. It's a piece of cake. In fact you can do it while it's on the game. Take out 4 screws on one side, 6 on the other. Heat gun off the old. Mask and spray paint black (if needed). Throw on the new ones. Exacto cut the holes and your done. Should be done in about an hour, maybe 2 if you have to wait for paint to dry.

Yeah, but its disconnecting wires and removing the head that I don't want to do.

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballkar:

Yeah, but its disconnecting wires and removing the head that I don't want to do.

You don't have to. Didn't you read my description on how to do it? I did 3 shadows. You could do the whole thing while someone is playing the game the entire time. No reason to disconnect anything ever.

#266 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have purple LED's in the mode inserts. Looks really nice compared to the white.

Yeah, I've seen that, I personally prefer cool white LEDs, but it's a nice way to play with color easily.

Quoted from Lmjdad:

Nice looking games both of you. Where can I find the instruction cards like the ones in the photo?

Those cards are custom ones I did, and I don't have the rights to the art I used in them, so for the moment I'm not distributing them.

#267 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You don't have to. Didn't you read my description on how to do it? I did 3 shadows. You could do the whole thing while someone is playing the game the entire time. No reason to disconnect anything ever.

Yes I understand, but the head has some dents that need filling and I want to repaint all the black. I want to take it apart. Even though I don't have to. It will be easier to work on when its on the bench in my shop.

#268 10 years ago

I am going to try my hand at re-plating the wire forms on the game. I will post some pictures when I get set up. I'm going with a Black Chrome. I have an extra set of ramps so I might try those as well. Has anyone seen Mike Chesnuts operation? Does he dip parts or brush plate them?

#269 10 years ago

Can someone part with a few extra plastics?
I need the plastic that sits behind the sanctum brick target and a set of slings.

#270 10 years ago

Has anyone had a custom translite made? Can anyone recommend a printer? I am looking to make a translite for myself that looks like an old Shadow Pulp Magazine cover. Nothing to do with Baldwin, just a fan of the old radio series and pulp books. Lots of cool magazine images to choose from.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#271 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballkar:

Has anyone had a custom translite made? Can anyone recommend a printer? I am looking to make a translite for myself that looks like an old Shadow Pulp Magazine cover. Nothing to do with Baldwin, just a fan of the old radio series and pulp books. Lots of cool magazine images to choose from.

http://www.gameongrafix.com

I haven't seen their pinball sized translites, but I've used them for backlit arcade marquees, and the quality is excellent. Backlight film lights up rich and beautifully.

#272 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballkar:

Has anyone seen Mike Chesnuts operation? Does he dip parts or brush plate them?

Pretty positive he dips them. When he did my STTNG forms he said he had to dip them several times to fill some pitting.

#273 10 years ago

I'm happy to pick up a Shadow. It's a bit dirty but has very good bones.

I need a few plastics if anyone has these in decent shape, especially the small brick ones. Please send me a pm if you have any for sale.
primary_plastics_needed.jpgprimary_plastics_needed.jpg

#274 10 years ago

I spent some time today cleaning my inserts with Novus 1 and I noticed that the lamp boards are layered with black solenoid dust. Newbie question- what is a safe method for cleaning those?

IMG_7644.JPGIMG_7644.JPG

#275 10 years ago

take a can of office duster and just spray them out with air, you would be amazed how it just blows out.

#276 10 years ago

has anyone replaced the left flipper with the next stronger solenoid to make the far ramp more consistently? I have new sleeve clean and rebuilt flippers yet it still struggles to make the ramp from a trap and go. When moving down the flipper with a bit of speed and then released usually no problem.

#277 10 years ago

I don't like upgrading coils just to make shots, if your flippers are fresh and rebuilt, you should have no problems making the shots. If you put a stronger coil in there, it's kinda of like a crutch, and if you play any other shadow, you won't play worth a shit. Better to keep what's suppose to be in there. it's suppose to be an accurate shot to make it. Stonger coil , i'd be worried about breaking the brick drop target.

#278 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

has anyone replaced the left flipper with the next stronger solenoid to make the far ramp more consistently? I have new sleeve clean and rebuilt flippers yet it still struggles to make the ramp from a trap and go. When moving down the flipper with a bit of speed and then released usually no problem.

Are you sure you have the right one in there now? From a dead stop trap you should be able to make the right ramp no problem. Are you jacked up steeper than spec by any chance?

I just stepped away from work to play a game, strictly to help you you understand, and verified that it's not a problem.

#279 10 years ago

i will check coil but I do know they are the same below. my Game is just above 6.5. The game has absolutely no wear on sanctum and is mint so there has to be a reason will look into it, thanks for comments

#280 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

i will check coil but I do know they are the same below. my Game is just above 6.5. The game has absolutely no wear on sanctum and is mint so there has to be a reason will look into it, thanks for comments

They already have very strong coils in them. Both lower coils should be 11629 coils. Maybe someone put in the wrong ones at some point.

#281 10 years ago

I have leds under most of the inserts in my Shadow. However, a some of the arrow inserts don't look great as the led doesn't shine wide enough to cover the ones shaped like an arrow. Anyone found a specific type of led that works well in this area?

#282 10 years ago

I just posted my Shadow FS last night in the Market if u know of anyone who might be interested. $2,800 in St. Louis.

#283 10 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

I have leds under most of the inserts in my Shadow. However, a some of the arrow inserts don't look great as the led doesn't shine wide enough to cover the ones shaped like an arrow. Anyone found a specific type of led that works well in this area?

I don't have that problem, I'm using Cointaker no-ghost premiums under them. If you look at my image above http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=1005095&bbat=118310&inline&fullsize you can see the arrows are fully lit.

#284 10 years ago

Thanks maybe the premiums is the way to go.
Notice you have purple domes on 3 of the flashers, do those look better than the orange ones during gameplay? Are you using purple lights in those?

#285 10 years ago

Hey Shadow Clubbers. I've been playing TS for the 7 way combo lately and so far I've only pulled off the 5 way. I'm guessing the 5 way and the shadow loop for 6 but whats the 7 way combo? Just another shadow loop after the first shadow loop? How bout an 8 way combo to the KHAN saucer

#286 10 years ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

mines doing the same

If you are having issues with the single battlefield drop target def check out your fliptronics board (top left board). Mine was not working right and saying switch 55/coil error. I replaced the Q5 tip 102 transistor on the flip board and its all good! Make sure to check fuse 904 also.

#287 10 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Thanks maybe the premiums is the way to go.
Notice you have purple domes on 3 of the flashers, do those look better than the orange ones during gameplay? Are you using purple lights in those?

I love my purple domes. Yes, they have purple LEDs inside them, it's the only way to make them truly purple (incandescents just bled through orange/yellow, even tinted bulbs). I had to make some filtering inside the dome though, the LEDs were too bright and hot spotting, so they're stuffed with cotton and paper filters around the plastic. They glow a really nice soft, even purple now. All my playfield flashers are purple LEDs too.

#288 10 years ago

The purple domes sound neat and thanks for sharing how you made it work better, Aurich. I think I might try that as seems nicer than the stoke orange domes.

#289 10 years ago

I love purple on my shadow, you should try pink under the ramps!

#290 10 years ago
Quoted from Special_When_Lit:

Hello All,
Nice to see The Shadow Club materialize. I just picked up my Shadow less than a week ago and made a very long haul to get it and bring it home. The machine is exceptionally clean and I was really impressed with the color matched LEDs and rubber.
I really like the brass treatments shared here and will consider that work on my machine in the future.
Aurich, you should join the club. Shadow is such a great game!

I like your backbox colors! Are some of those colored leds as the pink seems really nice as do the blues and I'm wondering if they are colored versus white and what brand, frosted or nonfrosted?

#291 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Here's what I have in my Shadow:

Lower Left Flipper: FL-11629 (Blue)
Lower Right Flipper: FL-15411 (Orange)

The Blue coil is the strongest flipper coil and is factory spec for both lower flippers. I reduced the power of the right flipper to save wear on the lower left ramp and targets as I found it just too strong.

#292 10 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Here's what I have in my Shadow:
Lower Left Flipper: FL-11629 (Blue)
Lower Right Flipper: FL-15411 (Orange)
The Blue coil is the strongest flipper coil and is factory spec for both lower flippers. I reduced the power of the right flipper to save wear on the lower left ramp and targets as I found it just too strong.

With the ramp being metal there really isn't much to worry about in terms of the flipper being too strong and damaging it. Those yellow stand up targets on either side of it do take quite a beating however.

#293 10 years ago

Several Shadow parts for sale including a rare left diverter. Plastics, Mongols, Phurba, ramps. PM me if you have any questions.

ebay.com link: itm

#294 10 years ago

I wouldn't feel like a member until I own the machine. If anyone is ready to sell, please let me know.-- Thanks.

#295 10 years ago

I have come across a NOS ring assembly with wiring harness. PM if interested.

#296 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Several Shadow parts for sale including a rare left diverter. Plastics, Mongols, Phurba, ramps. PM me if you have any questions.Ebay link

PM sent

#297 10 years ago

Is the gun chrome or nickel plated? In order to plate it with anything else, the chrome would have to be stripped off.

#298 10 years ago

I've really been enjoying my Shadow. No luck on finding small plastics so I just pulled the trigger on the CPR set. I'll probably have a bunch of usable extra plastics if anyone wants to buy or trade. (I need a few for FT) I'd be willing to trade the topper plastic.

I like the new color scheme - purple star posts, domes & flipper rubber. I used the silver Cliffy post rubbers. Can't wait to swap out my plastics and break out the treasure cove kit. I've also got an upgraded game ROM coming soon.

#299 10 years ago

I got my plastics in the mail, but not quite happy with them. The plastic protector set is missing a pre-drilled hole. A couple of my CPR plastics were not quite flat, and one was totally bent. I still have some cleaning to do while I get this sorted. bent.JPGbent.JPG missing.JPGmissing.JPG

#300 10 years ago

Marco was pretty cool about returning my stuff, so I have new plastic sets on the way.

Here's my Shadow log so far... I'll probably keep adding photos as I move along.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/63zuy5bbol6ezhm/U2j5ORt2UX#/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Boards
Slap Save Creations

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.