Topic Stats

• 6,762 posts
  • 563 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Elicash
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,806 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A-20424 Instructions.pdf (PDF preview)
a-20424 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200220-175502_Drive (resized).jpg
20200218_215034 (resized).jpg
20200220_090957 (resized).jpg
20200220_090949 (resized).jpg
20200220_090943 (resized).jpg
20200220_090935 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200220-121942 (resized).png
20200219_173932 (resized).jpg
20200219_173929 (resized).jpg
E3C37A7B-3525-4E18-92DE-5EEE79410CEE (resized).png
82669A90-6355-4362-AEE1-01C75B8D7341 (resized).jpeg
20200211_230553 (resized).jpg
Plastic Guide (resized).JPG
Drop target assembly (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6762 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 136.
#2801 3 years ago

Somehow the plastic sheet that goes along the side of the mini-playfield on my Shadow completely cracked in half. I'm stumped at how this happened. I've looked around for a replacement part, but no luck. Anyone know where I might be able to get a replacement?

#2802 3 years ago

shadow_arrow.PNG

#2803 3 years ago

Let's say that you somehow no longer have all of the wireforms, diverters, and gun for your game.

This is a hypothetical question. What is the likelihood of purchasing these items...

I'm going to assume that it's not possible to find a full set of wireforms, diverters, and gun for The Shadow. Unless you bought another game...

#2804 3 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

Let's say that you somehow no longer have all of the wireforms, diverters, and gun for your game.
This is a hypothetical question. What is the likelihood of purchasing these items...
I'm going to assume that it's not possible to find a full set of wireforms, diverters, and gun for The Shadow. Unless you bought another game...

You could probably piece everything together over time from eBay and people parting out games here (I think the diverters would be the toughest thing if you're talking about the full mechs, they're hard to come by). I seriously doubt you'd find someone selling all the bits you want as a package, though. And I'm not sure how you would fare price-wise vs. just buying a complete version of the game.

#2805 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You could probably piece everything together over time from eBay and people parting out games here (I think the diverters would be the toughest thing if you're talking about the full mechs, they're hard to come by). I seriously doubt you'd find someone selling all the bits you want as a package, though. And I'm not sure how you would fare price-wise vs. just buying a complete version of the game.

Ok, well that sounds like it could takes months then which is what I was afraid of. Thanks for the response.

#2806 3 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

Ok, well that sounds like it could takes months then which is what I was afraid of. Thanks for the response.

I should add that I haven't tried to do this myself since I bought my Shadow complete, so maybe I'm overestimating the difficulty. But I do keep an eye out for Shadow bits just out of curiosity, and what you're discussing definitely sounds like a "months" project not a "weeks" project.

#2807 3 years ago

About 10 years ago I purchased a gun assembly from a guy who stripped his machine for parts. Paid a fortune for it back then. I wanted a spare for my Shadow and it was pretty beat, so last year I sent it to Mike Chestnut for black chrome plating. It is a work of art, and now that Mike is gone (RIP Mike), it's in my "Shadow Box". Ha, shadow box....

Then I sent my original gun off my game to Mike and he did the same treatment. It's now on the machine, looking great. He did fantastic work.

I've been looking for another since then, but they're rare as hens teeth.

blackchrome_shadow_gun_(resized).jpg

#2808 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Question: I had to solder a wire and now can't remember how to re-assembly the 1 drop target assembly.
The dark rectangle goes on top, then the switch underneath, then the transparent rectangle underneath, and finally the tiny rectangle in the bottom. Correct?
The question is: where the iron part of the main assembly (not in the picture) goes? between the switch and the transparent plastic? Or between the transparent plastic and the small rectangle?

will this help?

shadow_drop_target_1_(resized).jpg

#2810 3 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

About 10 years ago I purchased a gun assembly from a guy who stripped his machine for parts. Paid a fortune for it back then. I wanted a spare for my Shadow and it was pretty beat, so last year I sent it to Mike Chestnut for black chrome plating. It is a work of art, and now that Mike is gone (RIP Mike), it's in my "Shadow Box". Ha, shadow box....
Then I sent my original gun off my game to Mike and he did the same treatment. It's now on the machine, looking great. He did fantastic work.

Those look amazing!

#2811 3 years ago

wow!!! really, a pic is better than a 1000 words!!!

thanks much.

#2812 3 years ago

Mike did my Shadow gun's chrome too. Can't remember if I've posted this photo in this thread or not, but I had some custom wooden grips made, and then drilled them out to embed silver dimes from 1930, the year The Shadow was first on radio.

I kinda want to stain them darker, but please with how they look and feel.

12650987_10207830017055842_7154218488054272241_n_(resized).jpg

#2813 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Mike did my Shadow gun's chrome too. Can't remember if I've posted this photo in this thread or not, but I had some custom wooden grips made, and then drilled them out to embed silver dimes from 1930, the year The Shadow was first on radio.

Those look sweet (almost as sweet as that mountain of Girl Scout cookies in the background)! Mike chromed mine as well, and it looks fantastic.

Some day I'm hoping to find someone to make mother of pearl grips for it, but haven't figured that out quite yet, it's tricky because I gather the handle is essentially "life-sized" but the bolts are in different spots so you can't just use stock grips.

#2814 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Those look sweet (almost as sweet as that mountain of Girl Scout cookies in the background)!

lol, yeah, we're the drop point for the whole troop, 20+ girls, so our garage gets full of cookies at that time of year.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Some day I'm hoping to find someone to make mother of pearl grips for it, but haven't figured that out quite yet, it's tricky because I gather the handle is essentially "life-sized" but the bolts are in different spots so you can't just use stock grips.

I tried to cast my own in resin with mica flakes and pearlescent powders. Then I discovered I am not Back Alley Matt and gave up.

#2815 3 years ago

Another quick Comet LED mod.

I hooked a 12v 6 SMD LED pane to the Battlefied flasher.

Filming while playing = fail but you get the idea.

#2816 3 years ago

Thanks for Sharing!

I appreciate your creative thinking!

12V Matrix proto types are scheduled in next week, to help expand the possibilities like this well thought
out one shown here!

Please shoot me a PM to remind me, and to thank you, and Ill send you some goodies to test out!

Very much appreciate it!

Art

#2817 3 years ago

Would love to be able to add leds to the 89's and 906's with the ease of using Alligator clips, sounds good.

#2818 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Would love to be able to add leds to the 89's and 906's with the ease of using Alligator clips, sounds good.

Next time I am down in the Gameroom I will pull the glass and take some photos of how I hooked it up to the battlefield flasher.

#2819 3 years ago

Yes!!! Matrix in 12V will be released soon with 2 headed interchangeable Flasher heads!
One for the Standard 8 SMD flasher, and the other a Power tap to wires, splitters, boxes, controls,
COB Panels, Pads, and Strips.

Or...any two colors on the same socket pointing in different directions!!!

Clips are always there, this will be a safer, inexpensive way, to extend!

Lots More Coming Soon!

#2820 3 years ago

Why do I always open this thread? Every time I do, it just makes me want one. I really like the game; but, LOVE what it has become with Aurich's artwork and Art's LEDs. If combined with a Pinsound board, I'm sure I could make a really great mix using Jerry Goldsmith's incredible and underrated soundtrack.

The problem is I have 0 space in the gameroom and too much attachment to all the games in there. (Lost World and Time Warp are projects and not in there)

Attack from Mars - never leaving and will be getting restored and was my wife's favorite (now it's WoZ).
Star Wars - my first pinball machine and I've got it dialed in and created a great Pinsound mix.
Indiana Jones - LOVE this game, especially with the Pinsound OST mix.
Addams Family - one of the Lawlor classics and favorite of most of my friends that come over. Currently, it's the least played by me.
Twilight Zone - my favorite and never leaving.
Funhouse - fully restored and my the game that got me hooked on pinball.
Tron - the only Stern I love.
WoZ - the most beautiful and now deepest game and incredibly fun. It's sensory overload when you get modes stacked. Haven't even melted the witch yet; but, had two games over a million now. Love how you can work your ass off for 200k and yet if you get thing stacked right, you can watch the points climb with the same amount of effort.

Unless I expand the house... I don't know where I can squeeze a Shadow in.

I guess I'll continue to open the thread to be jelly.

#2821 3 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Yeah, mine came without the gun, so I've been trying to obtain one for years now...no dice. I've come close, but hasn't worked out. The hunt continues...

#2822 3 years ago
Quoted from Shadow_E:

Yeah, mine came without the gun, so I've been trying to obtain one for years now...no dice. I've come close, but hasn't worked out. The hunt continues...

Maybe someone can 3d scan and print one for you, I know the Batman Forever guys are working on a replacement gun: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-batman-forever-gun-handle-making-replacement/page/2#post-3152285

#2823 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

How did no one notice the cases of Girl Scout cookies back there!!!

#2824 3 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

How did no one notice the cases of Girl Scout cookies back there!!!

Hey, I'm standing right here!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/57#post-3159229

#2825 3 years ago

Missed that! Must have been too busy playing with my Pinsound board...

#2826 3 years ago

That gameis absolutely gorgeous. Love the lights.

#2827 3 years ago

For those interested in lighting the battlefield I used Comet Opmax in light sockets screwed into the back of the battlefield. The screws are already there - I just had to do a bit of bending and adjustment. I'm powering them off a DK Pinball Powertap, but you can easily use alligator clips instead. I do get some reflection off the mini playfield but it's not a bother. My OCD compelled me to fit two lights, but one (on the right to minimise reflection) will work fine.

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#2828 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

That gameis absolutely gorgeous. Love the lights.

Come check it out sometime, you are not more than 30 minutes away!

#2829 3 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

For those interested in lighting the battlefield I used Comet Opmax in light sockets screwed into the back of the battlefield. The screws are already there - I just had to do a bit of bending and adjustment. I'm powering them of a DK Pinball Powertap, but you can easily use alligator clips instead. I do get some reflection off the mini playfield but it's not a bother. My OCD compelled me to fit two lights, but one (on the right to minimise reflection) will work fine.

I tried this, but it kept shorting out my GI. I think it had something to do with the metal being bent and touching something.
Is this likely?

#2830 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I tried this, but it kept shorting out my GI. I think it had something to do with the metal being bent and touching something.
Is this likely?

I guess it's possible but hard to say without seeing your setup. Any bare wires touching metal is a problem.

#2831 3 years ago

reached Final Battle today for the first time since picking it up in September. Finished 8 shots short. This game is so awesome!!!!

1 week later
#2832 3 years ago

In case you missed it, Aurich is doing another run of his translite/speaker panel/instruction card package:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-new-original-alternate-translite-speaker-panel-cards/page/25#post-3178613

Get 'em while they're hot!

#2833 3 years ago

Super Vengeance: is it supposed to be achieved by playing the 4 ramps IN A ROW during Vengeance mode? I actually get it by doing the 4 ramps within the 30 seconds of the Vengeance mode, but not necessarily IN A ROW.

Is it correct? Or am I missing something?

#2834 3 years ago

Selling my beloved Shadow on northeast sale thread.
This is gonna hurt

#2835 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Super Vengeance: is it supposed to be achieved by playing the 4 ramps IN A ROW during Vengeance mode? I actually get it by doing the 4 ramps within the 30 seconds of the Vengeance mode, but not necessarily IN A ROW.

You don't have to do them in a row, just complete all 4 within the time.

#2836 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

In case you missed it, Aurich is doing another run of his translite/speaker panel/instruction card package:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-new-original-alternate-translite-speaker-panel-cards/page/25#post-3178613
Get 'em while they're hot!

Thanks, should have thought to post here. If you want one you need to let me know by this weekend, order goes in next week.

#2837 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Selling my beloved Shadow on northeast sale thread.
This is gonna hurt

Seems like a very fair price. GLWS, I see you're selling a number of pins, hope you're making room for something new instead of paying bills or the like (not that there's anything wrong with that).

#2838 3 years ago

this is the longest game in my collection, set on 5 ball and I just made final battle for the first time monday night. there's a reason its been there the longest and it just became more evident

#2839 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Seems like a very fair price. GLWS, I see you're selling a number of pins, hope you're making room for something new instead of paying bills or the like (not that there's anything wrong with that).

A pool rehab

#2840 3 years ago

Hey folks....I'm getting my armour and gun powder coated. But I have to remove the grips from the gun as they will melt while the coating is being baked. Any suggestions on how to remove them without ruining them??

Thanks!

#2841 3 years ago

Well that was easy enough....found a small flat head screwdriver...and a hammer, wedged it off.

#2842 3 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

You don't have to do them in a row, just complete all 4 within the time.

I think if you start Vengeance with a combo, you will receive the Super Vengeance when completing all of them (irrespective of whether or not they are completed in a row). The key is to start it as a combo. Does this sound correct?

#2843 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think if you start Vengeance with a combo, you will receive the Super Vengeance when completing all of them (irrespective of whether or not they are completed in a row). The key is to start it as a combo. Does this sound correct?

That's correct. If the fourth ring shot is part of any combo you will start Super Vengeance instead of Vengeance with that shot.

#2844 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Well that was easy enough....found a small flat head screwdriver...and a hammer, wedged it off.

Yeah, they stick pretty good after being on there for years and years of heat and grime and sweat.

What color are you coating?

#2845 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks, should have thought to post here. If you want one you need to let me know by this weekend, order goes in next week.

Just sent in my order! Thank you for doing another run!!

#2846 3 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

That's correct. If the fourth ring shot is part of any combo you will start Super Vengeance instead of Vengeance with that shot.

Cool, after all these years I hadn't sussed out how super vengeance worked!

#2847 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, they stick pretty good after being on there for years and years of heat and grime and sweat.
What color are you coating?

Armour will be a purple, gun will be gloss black. Will post pics eventually!

#2848 3 years ago

I miss the plastic on the top-left of the Sanctum: does anybody have one to spare? Also, the very top part of the main big plastic (in the area top-right of the Sanctum) got broken and is missing. Does anybody have a broken one so that I can cut that little thin part in the top and add it in its place? It will not be perfect, but it will still look decent.

foto_(resized).JPG

#2849 3 years ago

this is the one I think I miss:

plastic-set-shadow-mop-3_(resized).png

#2850 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

this is the one I think I miss:

Coincidentally, I just orderer this same plastic couple of days ago from here: http://www.bestofpinball.de/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/15512
as my current one is on three pieces.

Let me also use this opportunity sign up for this club as I'm a rather new owner of The Shadow, which is my only pin. I sold the previous one (JD) 9 years ago and now back to the hobby. I got The Shadow three weeks ago and I've been playing it countless of hours as well as doing some maintenance and tuning... fixed the sanctum divot with automotive putty and the infamous non-color-matching overlay sticker, changed rubbers, put LEDs for GI, adjusted the ball lock switches to make them work reliably and many other small things. Now everything works like charm.

But there's still stuff to do: Both diverters are victims of some rudimentary field work as their crank arms are welded to the diverter shafts so that I cannot separate the two. I have ordered new crank arms and I hope I can dremel the weldings open without damaging the diverter shafts... let's see how it goes. And I also want to put some lights to the BF, as everybody else (except now I remember one club member saying he preferred the dark BF). And I want to LED inserts also, I just think I'm gonna need the OCD board because I don't want the kind of strobey effect I've seen somewhere.

I had never played or even seen this pin IRL before I bought it but I trusted all the good word and I have to say there's not even a slightest of regret for me. I love this pin.

During these 3 weeks, whenever I've had some spare time, I have read all the 2840 posts of this club to pick up as much knowledge about this pin as possible. I reached the end just now and now I know it all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
There are 6762 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 136.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside