Topic Stats

• 6,671 posts
  • 558 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,772 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200120_162300 (resized).jpg
20200116_225418 (resized).jpg
20200116_225424 (resized).jpg
flip (resized).JPG
30003602 (resized).jpg
20200111_122439 (resized).jpg
20191216_121908 (resized).jpg
20200115_131749 (resized).jpg
shadow (resized).JPG
15790437858503837468966734949378 (resized).jpg
15790297376603489976081907527026 (resized).jpg
Shadow-LockArea-WithoutPlastics(but1guideRemoved) (resized).jpg
Shadow-LockArea-WithPlastics (resized).jpg
IMG_8567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8565 (resized).jpeg
Shadoiw High Scoire Adjustments (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6671 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 134.
#2651 3 years ago

My back targets on the minifield do not drop when hit by a fast ball. Is this normal? How to improve this wrong behaviour?

#2652 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

My back targets on the minifield do not drop when hit by a fast ball. Is this normal? How to improve this wrong behaviour?

I think they go down and back up so fast that it seems they dont go down at all. Mine does the same thing. As long as it is registering a hit on each target, you're ok

#2653 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I think they go down and back up so fast that it seems they dont go down at all.

If there cleaned and waxed.

#2654 3 years ago

No, when hit hard they do not go down and do not register. If hit at normal or slow speed, they go down and back up super quickly, and register.

#2655 3 years ago

I found adjustment A.33: battelfield levels (1 to 7): default 3.

What is it?

#2656 3 years ago

I think it is how easy it is to defeat the battlefield (shots before you are able to complete it).

#2657 3 years ago

New member to The Shadow Club.

I'm unsure how the Sanctum should work.
My ball just gets stuck on the magnet when locked. Once in a great while it just goes into the Sanctum.
Usually I have to nudge the machine for the ball to become unstuck.

Any ideas what could be wrong here?

#2658 3 years ago

I am guessing you have a divot the ball is getting stuck in. Common problem because the ball vibrates on the magnet. I repaired mine with wood putty and put a decal over it.

shadow_021_(resized).jpg

shadow_024_(resized).jpg

shadow_025_(resized).jpg

#2659 3 years ago

Thanks Smiley. - I may have time to actually work on The Shadow tonight. Sad game arrived almost a month ago. Picked it up for a decent price. This is the only issue I'm having.

#2660 3 years ago

Made these phurba reject images. Print at 0.625 x 1.170 inches.

shadow_reject_(resized).png

1 week later
#2661 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'm going to disagree with everyone that said this shouldn't happen. It's obviously part of the game design. Mode start is labelled on the right mode start. It's not even labelled on the khan hole. In either case, its such an obvious flow point. Left orbit, hold flipper to start mode. I always set up all shadows that I work on to do this. If your game doesn't do this, you want it to. Go adjust the angel of the upper flipper until it does.

Perhaps a stupid question, but I made this adjustment to the upper flipper a while back, and agree that it improves the flow of the game. However, now when my upper flipper is in the rest position it protrudes slightly and will occasionally deflect a right orbit shot. Is there a way to increase the overall range of motion of the upper flipper, so that it will rest flush yet extend sufficiently to feed the Kahn hole when it's help up to catch a left orbit shot? Or do you just have to chose between an ideal rest position and an ideal up position?

#2662 3 years ago

I know we can add spots to the upper battlefield to give it better lighting, but is there a way to illuminate the battlefield only when it's active with a ball up there, and then goes out again once the ball is gone?

Has anyone made a mod for this?

#2663 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is there a way to increase the overall range of motion of the upper flipper, so that it will rest flush yet extend sufficiently to feed the Kahn hole when it's help up

Yes, remove material from the end of plunger and rechamfer the edge.

#2664 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Perhaps a stupid question, but I made this adjustment to the upper flipper a while back, and agree that it improves the flow of the game. However, now when my upper flipper is in the rest position it protrudes slightly and will occasionally deflect a right orbit shot. Is there a way to increase the overall range of motion of the upper flipper, so that it will rest flush yet extend sufficiently to feed the Kahn hole when it's help up to catch a left orbit shot? Or do you just have to chose between an ideal rest position and an ideal up position?

Actually you just put it in the correct position which is - as with ANY flipper ever produced - the rest position of course. It is a very awkward idea that any operator would take the time to adjust the flipper to automatically make the Kahn/Mode Start. IF the pin was meant be set up in such a delicate way they would have noted it in the manual or some service bulletin. Also, it is always referred to as a "shot", not a no-skill-dribble-in.
And you're mixing up "easy" and "flow". Shadow flows like hell because many shots can be connected consecutively. The Kahn/Mode Start is a saucer, it's a stop shot, the term flow is completely out of place here.
There is not more flow in the layout by using an exploit/adjustment trick to make it play easier.

EDIT: Now someone is even suggesting to physically alter/damage the machine to make the cheat shot possible...

#2665 3 years ago

Swapped in purple flipper rubber last night.

They match the playfield much better and look awesome. They're from pinball life.

20160411_104555_(resized).jpg

#2666 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

any suggestion?

#2667 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

any suggestion?

Only when the ball hits them really hard?

If you have not done it yet you should take that bank of 4 targets out and dismantle the assembly and clean it up with Novus 2. Mine were filthy, as are most. They play much cleaner now. Mine weren't coming back up.

#2668 3 years ago

yes, only when hit straight from the pad and really hard. ok, I will try with Novus 2.

#2669 3 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Actually you just put it in the correct position which is - as with ANY flipper ever produced - the rest position of course. It is a very awkward idea that any operator would take the time to adjust the flipper to automatically make the Kahn/Mode Start. IF the pin was meant be set up in such a delicate way they would have noted it in the manual or some service bulletin. Also, it is always referred to as a "shot", not a no-skill-dribble-in.
And you're mixing up "easy" and "flow". Shadow flows like hell because many shots can be connected consecutively. The Kahn/Mode Start is a saucer, it's a stop shot, the term flow is completely out of place here.
There is not more flow in the layout by using an exploit/adjustment trick to make it play easier.
EDIT: Now someone is even suggesting to physically alter/damage the machine to make the cheat shot possible...

Sorry, I wasn't looking to (re)start a debate about whether this adjustment is desirable, just asking about the mechanics of implementing it.

#2670 3 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Now someone is even suggesting to physically alter/damage the machine

So when you put purple super bands on your machine, your cheating and damaging your pin. So he asked a question and I told him how to do it. Its his pin and if he wants to change it, so be it.

#2671 3 years ago

hello, not a native speaker, and i was wondering the meaning of "Any-one for Peking Duck?".

I understand it's a quote from the movie, but what is the in-context meaning?

#2672 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

hello, not a native speaker, and i was wondering the meaning of "Any-one for Peking Duck?".

Peking Duck is a type of Chinese food.

#2673 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

It's a code word used in the movie. To identify his secret operatives if I remember correctly.

#2674 3 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

It's a code word used in the movie. To identify his secret operatives if I remember correctly.

Actually, I don't think so... I think the code word/phrase was "The Sun is Shining - But the Ice is Slippery"

#2675 3 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

So when you put purple super bands on your machine, your cheating and damaging your pin. So he asked a question and I told him how to do it.

Kind of, yes, at least the cheating part. I'm still looking for a better solution to installing colored flipper rubbers while maintaining the original feel. I like how they play, but it does make the game easier so currently I've put the original ones back in the game.
The rubbers are easily exchangable to try different setups.

Sorry for the harsh reaction, I had the impression that your tip was meant as kind of a remedy to a faulty construction of the upper flipper. My bad.

#2676 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

In the movie he says:

"You know it's the strangest thing, but I have this sudden craving for Peking duck"

and the broad says:

"That's so odd"

#2678 3 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Kind of, yes, at least the cheating part. I'm still looking for a better solution to installing colored flipper rubbers while maintaining the original feel. I like how they play, but it does make the game easier so currently I've put the original ones back in the game.
The rubbers are easily exchangable to try different setups.
Sorry for the harsh reaction, I had the impression that your tip was meant as kind of a remedy to a faulty construction of the upper flipper. My bad.

I also like the purple rubbers, tried the super-bands but found them too bouncy and removed them. I then discovered a solution that works, Titan Competition rubbers, these are very similar to the original flippers and come in a variety of colors (including purple): https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

Here's what they look like in my pin...

IMG_0420_(resized).jpg

#2679 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I know we can add spots to the upper battlefield to give it better lighting, but is there a way to illuminate the battlefield only when it's active with a ball up there, and then goes out again once the ball is gone?
Has anyone made a mod for this?

Good idea!
Maybe somehow wire it with the ball kicker since it is only active when the upper playfield is in play.

#2680 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I also like the purple rubbers, tried the super-bands but found them too bouncy and removed them. I then discovered a solution that works, Titan Competition rubbers, these are very similar to the original flippers and come in a variety of colors (including purple): https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52
Here's what they look like in my pin...
IMG_0420_(resized).jpg

Great tip! I was wanting to order the Titan glow-in-the-dark set for my MB for a while now, I might as well add some purple ones for TS & CV to try those out.

#2681 3 years ago

+1 for Titan. Great product.

#2682 3 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Good idea!
Maybe somehow wire it with the ball kicker since it is only active when the upper playfield is in play.

I've thought about that, but I don't think you can just "wire" it. I think it needs a small logic board to provide illumination to the battlefield only when it's active.

Perhaps using a mod like the pig board, maybe. Someone smart must know how to do this.

#2683 3 years ago

Question about the Sanctum wall mod: I see it costs around 300$, which looks like insane.
Is it only a plastic, or does it make some kind of light effects? Is it worthed?

#2684 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I realized I miss the plastic above the lock, but I cannot figure out exactly how it looks like. Can somebody post a pic? Any idea where can I buy it on its own (not as a part of a plastic set)?

Up: can somebody help, please?

#2685 3 years ago

Ok, I found it comparing with some pics on the internet. Do you know where to find single plastics, instead of the whole kit?

#2686 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Question about the Sanctum wall mod: I see it costs around 300$, which looks like insane.
Is it only a plastic, or does it make some kind of light effects? Is it worthed?

Are you referring to the brick wall or the city?

#2687 3 years ago

the brick wall

#2688 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

the brick wall

Are you talking about the backboard? I'm lost.

#2689 3 years ago

this one:

#2690 3 years ago

Sent you a PM.

#2691 3 years ago

You can save $290 by just printing the brick pattern to fit the backboard and spending a couple bucks to have it laminated. Unless you want the lighting effect I guess comes with the 300 dollar one.

#2692 3 years ago

I don't see anything, but it seems you are talking about the illuminated backboard.

Those are made in Germany and cost around 160EUR in Europe, so a bit more than half the US-price. It's a real diapositive laminated onto a plexiglass. It's made for optimal light distribution - so if you don't want to illuminate it it doesn't make much sense to use this one.

if you do want to illuminate it it's absolutely stunning (especially in a dark room) and makes the machine shine like no other mod.

normal_IMG_0798_(resized).JPG
normal_IMG_0801_(resized).JPG
normal_IMG_0810_(resized).JPG
normal_IMG_0799_(resized).JPG

normal_DSCF2457_(resized).JPG

normal_DSCF2462_(resized).JPG

#2693 3 years ago

very nice. where to buy it in Europe? maybe somebody selling it used?

#2694 3 years ago

sorry, forgot to attach pic. yes, I mean the illuminated onw, with bricks matching the size and color of the other plastics:

edd93103c0bdc26a7a317205f0203cec1ebb7e06_(resized).jpg

#2695 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

very nice. where to buy it in Europe? maybe somebody selling it used?

Are you also on Flippermarkt.de? They had some forum discount in the past.

Otherwise the homepage for the plexi-backboards is here: http://einzelart.de/category/backboards/

#2696 3 years ago

Hi Someoneelse,

thanks for the info. I do not speak German.. Can you please check if there is some discount now? If yes, how to claim it? The wall looks nice, but price is insane really. Maybe used, or at a good discount I can consider.

Anybody selling a used one?

#2697 3 years ago

Why not get the wall decal or city scape?

#2698 3 years ago

The lightning is the cool thing. Otherwise I may just print the brick pattern myself as suggested above.

#2699 3 years ago

How does the back wall light up? In the pics it looks like just a clear plastic replacement for the factory wooden one. I have a cityscape plastic that I would like to light up on my Shadow. Looks like they have a lit one for STTNG too.

#2700 3 years ago

So I surfed through ~ 25 pages of this thread and can't find the answer I'm looking for...

I want to illuminate my Battelfield with a LED strip or something. Looking for a what, where and how in that regard.

I swear I saw a post on it once before but I can't seem to find it, now that I have resolved all my bigger issues on this machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 11.00
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 6671 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 134.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside