Topic Stats

• 6,672 posts
  • 558 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Stuieb84
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,772 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200120_162300 (resized).jpg
20200116_225418 (resized).jpg
20200116_225424 (resized).jpg
flip (resized).JPG
30003602 (resized).jpg
20200111_122439 (resized).jpg
20191216_121908 (resized).jpg
20200115_131749 (resized).jpg
shadow (resized).JPG
15790437858503837468966734949378 (resized).jpg
15790297376603489976081907527026 (resized).jpg
Shadow-LockArea-WithoutPlastics(but1guideRemoved) (resized).jpg
Shadow-LockArea-WithPlastics (resized).jpg
IMG_8567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8565 (resized).jpeg
Shadoiw High Scoire Adjustments (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6672 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 134.
#2551 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Playfield GI is still incandescents. I did however just fix a burnt connector that had taken out my backbox lighting. I replaced all lights in the backbox with leds. All inserts are led and have been since I've had it. You have me thinking about the backbox lighting now....It had been out for a bit of time and I never noticed any problems. Maybe I'll unplug it and play a few games to compare with it off.
I'll take a look at the extender you mentioned. Thank you.

I would also lift up the mini playfield and make sure all the wires are routed correctly beneath there. Very easy for them to get in a bind or get pinched. Either could be causing intermediate interruption of power leading to the random kicks.

Also, I'll try to look back through this thread for it, but if you repinned your backbox connector by the book, it will be incorrect. There is a misprint in the manual. Not much of an issue with LEDS, but with incandescents, there are too many lights on one string and it'll blow a fuse that takes out the lower backbox and the top left playfield GI. There is a pic of the correct pin locations somewhere in this thread.

Edit: Found it
297d6faad206f66e596a608426f03f0e4d7b3481_(resized).jpg

#2552 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Playfield GI is still incandescents. I did however just fix a burnt connector that had taken out my backbox lighting. I replaced all lights in the backbox with leds. All inserts are led and have been since I've had it. You have me thinking about the backbox lighting now....It had been out for a bit of time and I never noticed any problems. Maybe I'll unplug it and play a few games to compare with it off.
I'll take a look at the extender you mentioned. Thank you.

You don't find a bad playfield glare with LEDS in the back box?

#2553 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You don't find a bad playfield glare with LEDS in the back box?

A little, but it beats having to worry about the connector burning up again. And it looks awesome!

#2554 3 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Hey guys... Is there anyway to easily remove the Mongols? Seems I have to pull a ramp to get to one of them was gonna have a friend paint them but don't feel like stripping the game LOL!

I asked the same question last year -- short answer is you can either bend the plastics a bit to access the nuts, or remove the ramps. I was nervous about it but had success bending the plastics without causing any damage. Discussion here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/17#post-1624632

And while I'm at it, here are a few posts re: my process for getting the Mongols painted:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/14#post-1489865
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/20#post-1838262

#2555 3 years ago

Ok I've had this turd for about a year now. Sitting in a corner like bad child. Decided to take on this project now that I have time. Going to be a complete tear down. + $1000 in parts easily. This is a re import. With 2 big missing parts one is optometrist board for the battlefield drop targets and see if u can see the other one. Biggest part in the game. Is there anythings to look for before I begin the tear down? Could use some pointers. I'm not going to go through 50 pages. lol also there suppose to be 4 rings and 3 mongols right?

20160221_154442_(resized).jpg

#2556 3 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Ok I've had this turd for about a year now. Sitting in a corner like bad child. Decided to take on this project now that I have time. Going to be a complete tear down. + $1000 in parts easily. This is a re import. With 2 big missing parts one is optometrist board for the battlefield drop targets and see if u can see the other one. Biggest part in the game. Is there anythings to look for before I begin the tear down? Could use some pointers. I'm not going to go through 50 pages. lol also there suppose to be 4 rings and 3 mongols right?

Yes, four rings, three Mongols, and two Phurbas, plus all your ramps and habitrails appear to be intact, so you're seemingly doing pretty well on the top side. If you're referring to the missing craptastic speaker panel, I think you've got a better look going there with the black wood!

#2557 3 years ago

Doesn't look too bad! Do you have the brick wall to the Sanctum?

#2558 3 years ago

o there suppose to be 4 rings and 3 mongols right?

yes but 4 mongols looks much better!

#2559 3 years ago

I like the ornate Chinese dragon design on the back wall, I haven't seen that one before, just the solid black, skyscape or red brick wall. You don't have much sanctum damage either so it should be good for a rebuild. If you are missing the speaker panel, I recommend reaching out to Aurich to see if he has any of his translite/speaker sets. They are becoming sparse, and he may not be doing any more reprints: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-alt-translite-nov-2015-run

#2560 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I like the ornate Chinese dragon design on the back wall

Good eye - I'd love to have this myself.

#2562 3 years ago

Thanks so much, i like this much better than the cityscapes.

#2563 3 years ago

Finally got my Shadow yesterday after making a 650 mile round trip from near Detroit to Pittsburgh and back! My wife thinks I'm nuts for going that far to get a pinball machine of all things but eh, whatever, lol.

I have an Aurich alternate translite kit and a Color DMD ready to go for the game. The game looks pretty clean, has LED's and a new plastic kit installed. Looking forward to getting it setup in the next few days. Also picked up some purple flipper rubbers and purple dome covers for the game that I think will look pretty slick. I'll post some pics when I have it all setup.

Does anyone have any of the smaller sized Sanctum overlays for the game? All I can find are the larger ones on Ebay. The overlay looks like the one in the picture below. I emailed the OP of that thread a while back but didn't hear anything back so he may no longer be making them.

5e46824f9a6c195654b7c0146cffea2d63d3d347_(resized).jpg

#2564 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Are you able to buy the cup point screws as a cap screw anywhere, similar to this one at Marco (I think the Marco one is a cone point) ? http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4010-01066-06

I (and just about anyone I know who owns a Shadow) uses those exact same screws to set the diverter. Everyone has those in their spare parts boxes and they allow to use a bigger sized wrench to apply more torque.

My set screws were constantly coming lose letting the diverter slip, never happened again since i use those coilstop-screws.

#2565 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Hey all. My left diverter finally stopped moving all the way to the left and right. Finally got around to checking it out to figure out the problem and the shaft on the diverter itself is chewed all to shit by the set screws I'm assuming, thus doesn't have anything to grip on to. Subsequently searching around Marco's, BAA etc. Can't seem to find a left diverter and knife assembly.
I know it's a long shot, but anyone have one of these hanging around that they'd be willing to sell??
Heres a link to what I'm looking for. http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-SHA19638-1

PSPA has the right side diverters. If you're desperate you can rework those to work for the left side.

#2566 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Doesn't look too bad! Do you have the brick wall to the Sanctum?

ha you saw it. The brick wall drop target assembly is missing completely. I located one and it took a act of god to find. found it in Australia and the opto board for the battlefield.

Quoted from jonesjb:

I like the ornate Chinese dragon design on the back wall, I haven't seen that one before, just the solid black, skyscape or red brick wall. You don't have much sanctum damage either so it should be good for a rebuild. If you are missing the speaker panel, I recommend reaching out to Aurich to see if he has any of his translite/speaker sets. They are becoming sparse, and he may not be doing any more reprints: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-alt-translite-nov-2015-run

That Chinese dragon isn't suppose to be there?. that decal is old and is peeling off. I bought the Aurich kit and it's still in the box waiting for the resto to be done. I got this game cheap so I want to make it bitchin.

Can any one tell me about this green Dot under sanctum?

#2568 3 years ago

CPR is taking pre-orders for new Shadow playfields:

http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

1 week later
#2569 3 years ago

Dear Shadow fans,

Looking for a whole Gun Assembly (A-18536) of the Shadow. On my Shadow they installed a button Anybody know where I can find one?

Gun_Assembly_The_Shadow_(resized).png

#2570 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does anyone have any of the smaller sized Sanctum overlays for the game? All I can find are the larger ones on Ebay. The overlay looks like the one in the picture below. I emailed the OP of that thread a while back but didn't hear anything back so he may no longer be making them.

I send a DM to Trident as well. I would LOVE to get the green dot. I'm considering making a run of them myself if i can't find one in the next week or so.

Could anybody with this decal tell me what the diameter of it is?

#2571 3 years ago
Quoted from Rogier:

Dear Shadow fans,
Looking for a whole Gun Assembly (A-18536) of the Shadow. On my Shadow they installed a button Anybody know where I can find one?

I have one that I purchased many years ago, and recently sent it out for black chrome plating with a chrome trigger. I would let it go for the right price.

But you're gonna have to make me an offer I can't refuse...
blackchrome_shadow_gun_(resized).jpg

#2572 3 years ago

Not a fan of the green dot. I prefer to match the gray and clear.

#2573 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Not a fan of the green dot. I prefer to match the gray and clear.

That's what I'll be doing when I tear down my Shadow. Fill the hole, and I do mean hole, in the sanctum spot, paint gray and apply the waterslide decal and then mylar.

I would use the green dot if it was just a paint wear spot though. But this is a friggin divot.

#2574 3 years ago

This is a hole in a Shadow I had a couple of years ago, the previous bad repair was breaking down, do you like the paint match of the grey!

100_1585_(resized).jpg

#2575 3 years ago

I think mine is worse than that. Right now I have a Sanctum decal that someone gave me, applied to a credit card and then scotched tape in place over the area. Total MacGuyer temporary fix. But it looks ok, magnet works fine thru the credit card, and I can play and have fun while working on other projects. Always hate taking a working game out of commission when it's one I enjoy playing.

#2576 3 years ago

Coward, chicken, sissy... Hey I got mine!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2577 3 years ago

Placed elsewhere on the forum but I shall give it some attention here as well. Solenoid table re-design because there seems to be a mix-up from factory with the power-wire on solenoid #8 and #16 (Red-Brn <--> Red-Blk) . And some other minor errors removed/altered + fuse list + coil-wrapper-color
Shadow_solenoid_table_6zaz-small_(resized).jpg

#2578 3 years ago

I searched here and couldn't find anything. But I have a Switch 71 on the battlefield report when I start the game. I went into diagnostics and the switch appears to be working fine when press it. Any guesses as to why it's saying I should check it?

image_(resized).jpeg

#2579 3 years ago

#71 miniplayfield. the switch was most likely not activated in a while and it threw up a credit dot. i would turn on game activate battle field and touch all switches including i this #58 the exit tube of battlefield as these don't get activated all the time. the credit dot should go away if all is well. GL

#2580 3 years ago

Do they go down smoothly? I've seen this before where they stick during gameplay so the switch doesn't get activated.

#2581 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

#71 miniplayfield. the switch was most likely not activated in a while and it threw up a credit dot. i would turn on game activate battle field and touch all switches including i this #58 the exit tube of battlefield as these don't get activated all the time. the credit dot should go away if all is well. GL

Thanks I will give it a try!

#2582 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Do they go down smoothly? I've seen this before where they stick during gameplay so the switch doesn't get activated.

I'm having this issue, but getting a different switch error #

Do these need to be taken apart and cleaned?

#2583 3 years ago
Quoted from BulkOfTheSeries:

I'm having this issue, but getting a different switch error #
Do these need to be taken apart and cleaned?

Yes, this is the solution. I had this problem with another switch (86 I think) ended up taking the drop target assembly out, cleaning, it, waxing the plastic and it fixed the problem. Generally if they stick, you'll get the error Slingshot is having every 30 games or so. When this happens, the targets won't reset within game, and you have to do the manual switch edges test to remove the error every 30 games.

#2584 3 years ago

Anyone need an original translite and speaker panel plastic?

#2585 3 years ago

Definitely interested in the gun assembly Works 100%?

#2586 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes, this is the solution. I had this problem with another switch (86 I think) ended up taking the drop target assembly out, cleaning, it, waxing the plastic and it fixed the problem. Generally if they stick, you'll get the error Slingshot is having every 30 games or so. When this happens, the targets won't reset within game, and you have to do the manual switch edges test to remove the error every 30 games.

I get this error every game. They don't reset for me even once.
Is this area easily deconstructed?

#2587 3 years ago

I get this error every game. They don't reset for me even once.
Is this area easily deconstructed?

Have you gone into the switch edges and pressed the switch manually?

#2588 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Have you gone into the switch edges and pressed the switch manually?

I took it apart, cleaned it up and now it's working as it should. Pretty exciting.
It was awfully dirty.

Now I guess I just wait for the sanctum door to come, replace that and go from there on my sanctum wall errors.

One thing I am noticing is the little plastic chute that is behind the battlefield, when "escaping" the battle with Khan, my ball gets hung up on it too regularly. Is this typical? I think I need to adjust the pitch of it.

#2590 3 years ago

Looking pretty sharp. Big thanks to Aurich!

Tempted to get the Britemod for the speakers. Anyone else done it?

20160307_145902_(resized).jpg

#2591 3 years ago

Very cool. Once you get the wall made, I'll order both!

#2592 3 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

Very cool. Once you get the wall made, I'll order both!

The blank targets have all been machined. Once an order is placed, and the style is selected, I'll machine that style and ship.

This will cause NO delays. I have the machine set up and ready to run the drop target faces.

Just contact me for payment info...

#2593 3 years ago

Well, I decided to tackle repairing the Sanctum spot this week. The sanctum area on my game was down to the wood but thankfully it stopped just before the lettering. I followed instructions posted by previous Pinsiders (thank you) and it worked out well.

Here's what I did.

1. Cleaned out any lose wood in area.
2. Masked off area with painters tape
3. Applied JB Kwikweld. I did this 3 times with sanding (150 grit I think) in between to create a smooth surface. I put too much JB Kwikweld on the first time, that was a mistake as after 12 hours it's a pain to sand.
4. Applied 5 coats of the following paint (details below from an older thread). I found it at Joann Fabrics, Michaels Crafts did not have it.

Manufacturer: Plaid
Brand: Apple Barrel Colors
Item #: 20526 - Country Grey.
Size: 2 oz.

5. Lightly sanded paint using 600 grit sandpaper
6. Applied 4-5 coats of clear
7. Cleaned + waxed repair spot and then applied two pieces of mylar over area

I ended up just using a small brush and it turned out fairly well. I have a couple small imperfections in the repair but I choose not to remove anything from the game, if I did I'm sure it could have looked a bit better. Overall I'm happy. Hopefully it holds up overtime. Now it's off to troubleshoot a trough board issue on the game, lol.

01fdb59b8300312ef6f9dad3419e5dd1ca9e21b6_(resized).jpg

#2594 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

The blank targets have all been machined. Once an order is placed, and the style is selected, I'll machine that style and ship.
This will cause NO delays. I have the machine set up and ready to run the drop target faces.
Just contact me for payment info...

I got the target for my game, and it's a much stronger plastic. Even without the lighting effects, it's a better target overall.

The original target is flimsy and very crappy in comparison. This target is a vast improvement. And visually, it looks way better. It illuminates the area nicely. The kit comes with a white bulb, but was easy to change to red which works well with the brick pattern.

20160311_194017_(resized).jpg

20160311_221402_(resized).jpg

#2595 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I got the target for my game, and it's a much stronger plastic. Even without the lighting effects, it's a better target overall.
The original target is flimsy and very crappy in comparison. This target is a vast improvement. And visually, it looks way better. It illuminates the area nicely. The kit comes with a white bulb, but was easy to change to red which works well with the brick pattern.

20160311_194017_(resized).jpg20160311_221402_(resized).jpg

I like that. Where can I get it?

#2596 3 years ago

One thing I am noticing is the little plastic chute that is behind the battlefield, when "escaping" the battle with Khan, my ball gets hung up on it too regularly. Is this typical? I think I need to adjust the pitch of it.

Do you have one of those backsplash decals installed? If so, you may have to adjust the chute with some washers.

#2598 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

20160311_194017_(resized).jpg20160311_221402_(resized).jpg

Thanks for the praise and for posting pics.
The brick wall pattern, lit with red looks better than I expected....Now, I'll have to install that version on my Shadow.

#2599 3 years ago

Well guys, I'm selling my membership in the club tomorrow. A nice HUO POTC came my way, and something had to go. TS is definitely the most beautiful B/W I've ever owned, and I'll miss seeing it in the lineup. I won't miss how bad I sucked playing it, though.

#2600 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Well guys, I'm selling my membership in the club tomorrow. A nice HUO POTC came my way, and something had to go. TS is definitely the most beautiful B/W I've ever owned, and I'll miss seeing it in the lineup. I won't miss how bad I sucked playing it, though.

Have you played POTC much, it has limited replayability.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 13.00
Playfields
Lermods
$ 63.50
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uxbridge, MA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
There are 6672 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 134.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside