IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 219.
#201 10 years ago

Anyone for Peking Duck?

#202 10 years ago

I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa.

th.jpegth.jpeg

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa.

So easy a Caveman can do it.

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Built on my purple accent color more this morning, installed purple star posts with blue leds wired to the GIs.

That looks great Aurich

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Built on my purple accent color more this morning, installed purple star posts with blue leds wired to the GIs.

That looks amazing, such a simple upgrade makes a big difference in appearance! Where did you get the purple post at, I might want to try it or another color besides red?

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from Bones06:

That looks amazing, such a simple upgrade makes a big difference in appearance! Where did you get the purple post at, I might want to try it or another color besides red?

Any shop should have them, hit up Pinballlife, just search for star posts. It's hard to photograph LEDs, I wasn't sure blue would work with the purple, but it's actually a great effect. I liked it so much I just ordered the supplies to wire up the other 4 star posts above the slingshots.

Edit: The post LEDs I'm using are the ones from Cointaker. Easy to solder.

#207 10 years ago

Is the black plastic that wraps around the battlefield available anywhere? Best I could figure from the manual was the part number should be 03-9229 "Mini Playfield Guard", but the part that comes up for that on pinball spare parts australia looks wrong:

http://www.pinball.co/search.aspx?searchTerms=03-9229

So maybe I'm not reading the diagram right.

Anyway, the shadow I currently have in house has the entire right side of that thing missing, so it'd be cool to find a replacement.

E

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

ok so i got a problem, my battlefield drop target is having issues. says to check the switch and coil, both are work fine in test menu but when i reset the game it does nothing and makes no sense........any ideas?

mines doing the same

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Is the black plastic that wraps around the battlefield available anywhere? Best I could figure from the manual was the part number should be 03-9229 "Mini Playfield Guard", but the part that comes up for that on pinball spare parts australia looks wrong:
http://www.pinball.co/search.aspx?searchTerms=03-9229
So maybe I'm not reading the diagram right.
Anyway, The Shadow I currently have in house has the entire right side of that thing missing, so it'd be cool to find a replacement.
E

I've never seen those for sale. You might just bend and make one yourself. Midland plastics has every type of plastic you can think of. In new berlin. Take yours there, they will tell you exactly what type of plastic it is. Have them cut you a small piece. Trim with dremel, heat and bend and your set. Get it slightly thicker so it holds up better.

1 week later
#210 10 years ago

Can someone please measure a few things for me?

1) The width of the backbox

2) The width of the cabinet

3) Cabinet height at backbox

4) cabinet height at the front.

I am turning my garage into a game room with a shadow and a pool table. I am just deciding on whether I have room for an 8 or 9 foot pool table and need to know how much space my pin will take up.

Thanks!

#211 10 years ago

Bump, could really use some help here.

Thanks

#212 10 years ago

If no one lets you know in a bit I'll measure it and post back.

#213 10 years ago
Quoted from alexk3954:

Can someone please measure a few things for me?
1) The width of the backbox
2) The width of the cabinet
3) Cabinet height at backbox
4) cabinet height at the front.
I am turning my garage into a game room with a Shadow and a pool table. I am just deciding on whether I have room for an 8 or 9 foot pool table and need to know how much space my pin will take up.
Thanks!

36" at the front from floor to lockdown bar
22" cabinet width
29" head width
74 from ground to top of the head.

these measurements should be the same for all WPC normal body games with no topper.

#214 10 years ago

Thanks so much for that, I really appreciate it. Looks like it will be the 9 foot pool table then!

#215 10 years ago

New member here, just getting it ready for the gameroom now... Im "in d'a club" !

IMAG2332.jpgIMAG2332.jpg

#216 10 years ago

wow, those head decals look good. None of them have good decals from the factory. All are scrapped up. Like STTNG. Those are aftermarket head decals.

#217 10 years ago

Now that the plastic sets are out again, would love to hear from folks as they replace their plastics including any tips. Especially regarding how to get to the plastic right of the Sanctum. Does the right Phurba ramp have to be taken off?

#218 10 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Now that the plastic sets are out again, would love to hear from folks as they replace their plastics including any tips. Especially regarding how to get to the plastic right of the Sanctum. Does the right Phurba ramp have to be taken off?

if you mean the brick one with the shadow of the shadow on yeah its easier to take the ramp off. Just replaced mine, still got a few faults to fix and she will be done for the time being (I may redecal the backbox at some point

#219 10 years ago

Yes I mean the brick plastic above the right Phurba. Do you have to go under the playfield and take parts off to get the ramp off? Seems like maybe would have to do that with both Phurbas ramps if taking the plastics off and installing new ones in those areas? Looking at it, I believe Shadow will be the most involved in taking playfield parts off to install plastics on any machine I've owned.

#220 10 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Yes I mean the brick plastic above the right Phurba. Do you have to go under the playfield and take parts off to get the ramp off? Seems like maybe would have to do that with both Phurbas ramps if taking the plastics off and installing new ones in those areas? Looking at it, I believe Shadow will be the most involved in taking playfield parts off to install plastics on any machine I've owned.

You do have to loosen the diverters under the playfield to take them out, then you can remove the ramps. Not too tough.

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

mines doing the same

i fixed it, was the cpu looking chip

#222 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

wow, those head decals look good. None of them have good decals from the factory. All are scrapped up. Like STTNG. Those are aftermarket head decals.

Would love to see some complete cab decals in the future.

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Would love to see some complete cab decals in the future.

The decals that get done come from around the corner where I live here in Australia ,its not open to the public, internet sales only, I asked about the shadow decals, and the reason why there is only head decals is because it does not say the word shadow on it, its got something to do with the actual shadow movie people who don't want to re release the artwork or cant be bothered re releasing the artwork, so its a licensing issue, so those cab decals might be pretty hard to get your hands on. Hope you find some though!!!! p.s I want to join your club!!! Im very jealous im not in yet...one day though!!!!

#224 10 years ago

Cab decals would be sweet for that game

#225 10 years ago

well thankfully, for shadow, it's another one, that has every head decal destroyed.

#226 10 years ago

just joined the club! On its way! Yeeeeha!

#227 10 years ago

Joined the club

photo_1(5).JPGphoto_1(5).JPG photo_2(4).JPGphoto_2(4).JPG

#228 10 years ago

who let the upside down guy in????? Talk about a way to prevent playfield wear!

#229 10 years ago

Haha what can I say, plays like glass

#230 10 years ago

Dude looks like a very Nice example! I have the same on the way HUO absolute no sanctum wear! Congrats.

1 week later
#231 10 years ago

Question about the lock mech for anybody familiar with it. I'm having some trouble getting it to work reliably, and I'm not sure how it should actually work.

When the raise coil releases, should the arm that raises the target fall back down and reactivate the switch at the bottom, or should the switch not be active until the wall drops?

E

#232 10 years ago

im in!

#233 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

When the raise coil releases, should the arm that raises the target fall back down and reactivate the switch at the bottom, or should the switch not be active until the wall drops?

I'm pretty sure the reset arm should not trip the switch, only the wall. Otherwise the machine would think that the wall is down and then you would get other weird behavior.

#235 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Sadly, they'll probably sell out really quickly because of all the hoarders and a**hole flippers. I bought a set. Figured it never hurts to have extras, and my Shadow is never leaving my collection.

But doesnt that by definition make you, a hoarder too?

#236 10 years ago
Quoted from action76:

I'm pretty sure the reset arm should not trip the switch, only the wall. Otherwise the machine would think that the wall is down and then you would get other weird behavior.

So should there be a small spring holding the arm up? or is it just a tuning balancing act between the weight of the arm and the force of the wall as to what makes the switch register with it's big-ole actuator arm?

#237 10 years ago

So based on the description of how it should work, I rigged up the arm to the bottom of the drop target with a thin rubber band, so it can't fall far from the target once the power goes off on the coil, and the lock mech works like it should.

I guess I don't understand what's supposed to keep it from activating the switch without my pathetic hack.

Thanks for the help!

#238 10 years ago

Well fellas, looks like I'll be leaving the BSD club and joining this one this evening.

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Well fellas, looks like I'll be leaving the BSD club and joining this one this evening.

You made the best choice. BSD is not that eventful. Shadow has 10x's the complexity as BSD.

#240 10 years ago

I started replacing plastics in my Shadow yesterday which meant I needed to take the right diverter off. Got that accomplished and was reassembling things. There are two small allen screws that have to be tightened. Did that but still diverter was loose and wouldn't move when I tried to activate it in game play. Was tightening one of the allen screws with a hex tool and trying not to put too much pressure but unfortunately I suddenly felt it give as if it had broken in place. Have tried to unloosen it, but it's stripping and not sure how I could get it out of place to replace it? I have a feeling drilling it out isn't an option but could try that. Any ideas?

#241 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Sadly, they'll probably sell out really quickly because of all the hoarders and a**hole flippers. I bought a set. Figured it never hurts to have extras, and my Shadow is never leaving my collection.

Quoted from pinballkar:

But doesn't that by definition make you, a hoarder too?

LOL! I don't think it qualifies as hoarding if you're only buying a single set to have as backup. It's the guys that buy 5-10 sets and don't even own the game that piss me off.

#242 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Question about the lock mech for anybody familiar with it. I'm having some trouble getting it to work reliably, and I'm not sure how it should actually work.
E

what mech are you on about? the extended sanctum wall target drop down? if so theres no spring required for the arm take a look in the manual you should be able to see what should be there

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

i fixed it, was the cpu looking chip

mine ended up just needing yet another new switch I think the one I put on it first time might of been duff

#244 10 years ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

what mech are you on about? the extended sanctum wall target drop down? if so theres no spring required for the arm take a look in the manual you should be able to see what should be there

Yeah, the sanctum target. The lifter arm falls down and activates the "wall is down" switch after lifting the target. Do I just need a new switch with less mush to it so that it can hold the weight of the arm without triggering?

#245 10 years ago

hi.

I user the allen screw which is being used in the flipper brackets. The black ones. They screw much tighter

Quoted from WesleyCowan:

I started replacing plastics in my Shadow yesterday which meant I needed to take the right diverter off. Got that accomplished and was reassembling things. There are two small allen screws that have to be tightened. Did that but still diverter was loose and wouldn't move when I tried to activate it in game play. Was tightening one of the allen screws with a hex tool and trying not to put too much pressure but unfortunately I suddenly felt it give as if it had broken in place. Have tried to unloosen it, but it's stripping and not sure how I could get it out of place to replace it? I have a feeling drilling it out isn't an option but could try that. Any ideas?

#246 10 years ago

I may get one soon. Game us brutal. Is there a good video tutorial? Bowen video if I remember goes over 3 strategies for high scores but not much detail on gameplay

#247 10 years ago

I'm so used to how my proto Shadow looks that the production games always look weird to me. Mine has the special coated rails, lockdown bar and legs and the plastic shroud around the battlefield is clear not black. Also the drop target for the entrance to the battlefield is yellow instead of black.

#248 10 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I may get one soon. Game us brutal. Is there a good video tutorial? Bowen video if I remember goes over 3 strategies for high scores but not much detail on gameplay

If there's a good video I haven't seen it. Bowen is always fun to watch, but that video is a bit dull since he just focuses on repetitive tournament scoring. Not really how you'd play the game at home.

#249 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I'm so used to how my proto Shadow looks that the production games always look weird to me. Mine has the special coated rails, lockdown bar and legs and the plastic shroud around the battlefield is clear not black. Also the drop target for the entrance to the battlefield is yellow instead of black.

Pics? I'm interested to see what that looks like.

Also, I'm pretty sure all drop targets to get to the battlefield are yellow?

#250 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballrus:

Pics? I'm interested to see what that looks like.

+1

Never seen a proto Shadow. Sounds cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.