IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0617 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0618 (resized).jpeg
shadow-repairdone (resized).jpg
IMG_4396 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,922 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 219.
#2401 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I went with purple posts with blue light. It creates a gradient of royal blue that works well with the Art Deco theme and playfield colors.

Been running that same combo for years myself, it looks great.

#2402 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

What is the part number for a flasher bulb socket? I've ordered sockets my last two parts orders and have gotten the smaller diameter sockets. I didn't see the socket part # in the manual and would like to get the last flasher working.
Thanks.

Ditto this, I have one gone as well....
Thanks!

#2403 8 years ago

Im not on the list, bit i might be interested in one. How much are they??

#2404 8 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Im not on the list, bit i might be interested in one. How much are they??

High 2s low 3s generally. Best bargain in pinball if you ask me.

#2405 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

High 2s low 3s generally. Best bargain in pinball if you ask me.

They're all creeping up though, because some dude is selling a must-have translite / speaker panel combo.

#2406 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

What is the part number for a flasher bulb socket? I've ordered sockets my last two parts orders and have gotten the smaller diameter sockets. I didn't see the socket part # in the manual and would like to get the last flasher working.
Thanks.

Are u talking about the twist in kind?

#2407 8 years ago

Copied straight from Marco

LAMP SOCKET - TWIST WEDGE LARGE FOR #906
#24-8803
Large twist-in socket for #906 wedge base lamps. Fits 0.61 (5/8) inch diameter tab hole on PCB boards.
Dome flasher.
Commonly used in Williams, Sega, Stern, Data East pinball machines. Fits in Williams MEDIEVAL MADNESS A-20158 back panel assembly.
Reference:
Williams/Bally 24-8803
Replaces 077-5016-00
Weight: 0.05 oz

#2408 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

They're all creeping up though, because some dude is selling a must-have translite / speaker panel combo.

Heh. I think I'm probably done with them finally. Sitting on a little pile from this last run, lot of people flaked out after saying they wanted it. They'll move out in a trickle probably, but it tells me that there's probably no point in ordering any more.

#2409 8 years ago

Hey guys I've had a bit of strange behavior lately - the left flipper button has fired the gun (launched a ball) as well as pushed the battlefield entrance drop target up. It's infrequent but I want to fix it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

#2410 8 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Hey guys I've had a bit of strange behavior lately - the left flipper button has fired the gun (launched a ball) as well as pushed the battlefield entrance drop target up. It's infrequent but I want to fix it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Check the switch matrix and see if those are all in the same row or column. Sounds like a diode on one of the switches in the chain may be shorted.

#2411 8 years ago

Hey all... I've got a Shadow that I have been refurbing and I am wondering what are the appropriate plastics to catch the ball when it comes off the battlefield. I am finding the manual not much help. Can anyone provide a nice close-up picture of the area? Many thanks!

#2412 8 years ago

Heres the parts from Marco's, I'm not sure if you're asking what parts to buy or how they are attached?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9214

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9215-2

#2413 8 years ago
#2415 8 years ago

^^^ wrong thread

#2416 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

^^^ wrong thread

His other 2 threads were locked.

#2417 8 years ago

Hey...

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the confusion I actually mean the plastics near the front of the battlefield where the balls falls down onto the play field / ramp from once you missed it with the moving flipper.

#2418 8 years ago
Quoted from ozsammyboy:

Hey...
Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the confusion I actually mean the plastics near the front of the battlefield where the balls falls down onto the play field / ramp from once you missed it with the moving flipper.

Do you mean the black plastic that raps around the whole battlefield?

#2419 8 years ago

No, when the ball drops from there I was under the impression there was some sort of clear plastic that broke the balls fall before it hit the play field and directed the ball to the ramp instead. Does that sound right? Thanks for your help!

#2420 8 years ago
Quoted from ozsammyboy:

No, when the ball drops from there I was under the impression there was some sort of clear plastic that broke the balls fall before it hit the play field and directed the ball to the ramp instead. Does that sound right? Thanks for your help!

There is a triangle shaped clear plastic that is screwed onto the screened plastic that is under the left side of the drop area. It has three screws with spacers to keep it about an inch off the screened plastic. If the ball drops off the playfield on the right side, though, it drops onto the playfield.

If a ball rolls off there with a lot of speed, it can sometimes land on the ramp, but will almost always fall and hit the playfield in the left orbit or in the Shadow Loop (inner loop) lane. image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2421 8 years ago

Thank you very much! You are a legend mate!

#2422 8 years ago

Finally got around to shopping my Shadow pin. I made a custom apron magnet for it.

IMG_4881_(resized).jpegIMG_4881_(resized).jpeg

FullSizeRender_2_(resized).jpgFullSizeRender_2_(resized).jpg

FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpgFullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg

#2423 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Finally got around to shopping my Shadow pin. I made a custom apron magnet for it.

FullSizeRender_2_(resized).jpgFullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg

There's a couple layers missing on this version. The final has a coloured ring and some font.

#2424 8 years ago

It seems like the longer I own this game, the harder it is to hit the saucer to start a mode. Is it just me?

#2425 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It seems like the longer I own this game, the harder it is to hit the saucer to start a mode. Is it just me?

That shot can be a real bitch, no question. I seem to have nights when I can nail it often, and then the ones where I can bounce off the posts all night.

#2426 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You could always shoot the super jackpot shot to start a mode also, oh wait that one is harder!

#2427 8 years ago

I have a shadow and absolutely love it. How many people here have gotten to the final battle? of those people how many have beat it? I've had the game for a while and I can get three of the 4 done, the two multiballs and the battlefield, but I've never gotten over 4 modes.

That mode start shot is tough and I seem to only make it when I'm already in a mode!

#2428 8 years ago

I've been through all the modes including the secret laughter mode several times but I always come up short on the scarf. Either I don't beat the battlefield or I can't stick the saucer for Khan multiball. Always coming up just a little short of entering final battle. Oh well, it keeps the game interesting. About a year of ownership thus far and I still love it like the day I got it.

#2429 8 years ago

I still haven't beaten Final Battle, I was 3 shots away last time and then drained.

#2430 8 years ago

I think I need to replace the big caps on my power driver board; my coils are slightly weak. Just enough to be noticeable, compared to DH.

#2431 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think I need to replace the big caps on my power driver board; my coils are slightly weak. Just enough to be noticeable, compared to DH.

it could be any number of issues. If the game is not resetting. I'd try cleaning the optos first. Then clean/inspect each flipper assembly. Dirty coil sleves can really rob power as can worn linkages. You can lose a lot on the power stroke with slop in the linkages. I would clean/inspect the moving parts before going into board work.

#2432 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Are you referring to the flippers or pop bumpers, etc.

You could try replacing the 11629 coils. That's the first thing I do when I buy a machine and every few years when there is a lot of use.
They are so inexpensive I just do it to eliminate that problem.

Also you could upgrade to a stronger coil like 17636. I have upgraded to the 17636 on a few machines. They are strong and some flatter machines they can crank and break plastics.

#2433 8 years ago

Hi,

I'm finding the ball is bouncing out of the scene/who knows/extra ball hole way too often, anyone else find this?
Also, the stand up targets, new as of 6 weeks ago, are now shooting the balls high and back over the flippers and draining.... any thoughts?

Cheers

Just love this pin!

#2434 8 years ago

The reason I suspect the power rather than the flipper mechs is that I had a problem with the plunger coil being too weak to make it over the hill to the right habitrail. I "solved" that by bending the coil stop back just a bit. The coil voltage is correct. Coil power is about current too, right? I'll report back after fixing the problems the right way.

#2435 8 years ago
Quoted from gwynners:

Hi,
I'm finding the ball is bouncing out of the scene/who knows/extra ball hole way too often, anyone else find this?
Also, the stand up targets, new as of 6 weeks ago, are now shooting the balls high and back over the flippers and draining.... any thoughts?
Cheers
Just love this pin!

My standup targets did the same when I first got it. I pulled on the metal part of the drop targets forward a little and it kept them from shooting balls back over the slingshot and across the inland to the outlane drain. After playing for a while, it's starting again. I am thinking about putting new pads behind the targets. Thinking maybe they aren't stiff enough to keep the standup targets from going back too far. Those are two suggestions based on my experiences with same issue

#2436 8 years ago

I used to have the airball problem as well, put some extra foam behind them and it has never happened again.

#2438 8 years ago
Quoted from louknees:

I have a shadow and absolutely love it. How many people here have gotten to the final battle? of those people how many have beat it? I've had the game for a while and I can get three of the 4 done, the two multiballs and the battlefield, but I've never gotten over 4 modes.
That mode start shot is tough and I seem to only make it when I'm already in a mode!

I made it to the Final Battle just once, and made an embarrassing mistake. I started off focusing on the Battlefield, nailing shots like a pro... Keeping five balls in play. Juggling... Losing one ball, nailing loops, ramps, orbits... Getting switch after switch. I'm on fire. Balls trickle away slowly... Four, three, two. Finally just a switch on the Battlefield and a few on the playfield. I hit the Final battlefield shot and continue with the last two shots, then lose another ball and go down to a single ball. Final Battle Ends.

Guess what two switches I missed? One for each ramp. In my eagerness to hit the the battlefield targets and keep balls in play, I completely forgot to switch the diverters. Oh well, one of these days.

#2439 8 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

My standup targets did the same when I first got it. I pulled on the metal part of the drop targets forward a little and it kept them from shooting balls back over the slingshot and across the inland to the outlane drain. After playing for a while, it's starting again. I am thinking about putting new pads behind the targets. Thinking maybe they aren't stiff enough to keep the standup targets from going back too far. Those are two suggestions based on my experiences with same issue

The foam is now quite weak, I'll try that, as well as maybe a bit of bending!
Thanks!

#2440 8 years ago

Anyone have any thoughts on the ball popping out of the scene hole? Angle of playfield? Is there anything I can do to help 'catch' the ball?
Cheers

#2441 8 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

I used to have the airball problem as well, put some extra foam behind them and it has never happened again.

Will do that, thank you.

#2442 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Wow, make me one please and I'll send you money, maybe even a hallmark card.

#2443 8 years ago

Hey all. My left diverter finally stopped moving all the way to the left and right. Finally got around to checking it out to figure out the problem and the shaft on the diverter itself is chewed all to shit by the set screws I'm assuming, thus doesn't have anything to grip on to. Subsequently searching around Marco's, BAA etc. Can't seem to find a left diverter and knife assembly.

I know it's a long shot, but anyone have one of these hanging around that they'd be willing to sell??

Heres a link to what I'm looking for. http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-SHA19638-1

#2444 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Hey all. My left diverter finally stopped moving all the way to the left and right. Finally got around to checking it out to figure out the problem and the shaft on the diverter itself is chewed all to shit by the set screws I'm assuming, thus doesn't have anything to grip on to. Subsequently searching around Marco's, BAA etc. Can't seem to find a left diverter and knife assembly.
I know it's a long shot, but anyone have one of these hanging around that they'd be willing to sell??
Heres a link to what I'm looking for. http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-SHA19638-1

I used some copious amounts of medium strength thread lock on mine. It's worked flawlessly.
My diverter would tighten up but get loose after a while, but is all good now, and with it being medium strength it can be reversed.
Worth a try...

#2445 8 years ago

Someone may have replaced the set screws over the years with the incorrect ones.

You want the CUP POINT screws, not the more common Cone Point.

setScrews_diag_(resized).pngsetScrews_diag_(resized).png

#2446 8 years ago

Thanks very much gents for the suggestions.

#2447 8 years ago

I was having a pretty good game on Shadow tonight and thought I'd let my 25 mo old son take over and play Final Battle for me. As you can see he loves Pinball!

#2448 8 years ago

Pictures don't do it justice, but the finish is remarkable. Mike Chestnut's nickel chrome work.
blackchrome_shadow_gun_(resized).jpgblackchrome_shadow_gun_(resized).jpg

#2449 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I was having a pretty good game on Shadow tonight and thought I'd let my 25 mo old son take over and play Final Battle for me. As you can see he loves Pinball!
» YouTube video

I am in awe of your sons skill! Please tell him a pinhead playing for 50 years, thinks hes amazing!

Thanks for sharing!

#2450 8 years ago

Another question about the diverter and knife assembly. Once I remove those set screws, should that whole assembly slide out rather easily? Mine doesn't seem to want to move, I'm thinking it might be because of the raised metal edges on the shaft of the divertor, but don't want to force it if there is something else I need to remove.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,922 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.