IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 219.
#2301 8 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Try the frosted LED bulbs from pinballbulbs.com....they are very nice in the GI...
on a side note, your game played really well at the Houston Expo! Maybe you could help me dial in my new-to-me Shadow!

I think it's more the fact that I don't have and don't plan on installing an LED OCD board that I don't like the GI. Even the non-ghosting bulbs have an annoying flicker unless you turn the dimming feature off. And I like that feature.

I would be more than happy to help you dial in your Shadow. Just send me a message and we can work out a time to get together.

#2302 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

So Sorry that we dont do game specific kits...gosh, so busy now.
We recommend you turn on all lamps, and simply count the colors that you can match with a frosted Twin 2835. If you want Purple, and I love Purple in the inserts, Purple Passion is a great touch.
Look at a bunch of the pictures, as the center modes can be lit many ways, and this is one reason we
dont offer a kit....so many great ways to light!
Wen you finish totaling those, pop the hood, and only note 44/47....there may be/should be a few.
Now you can use 1 SMD frosted, but youd use Warm white for yellow and orange, as they are not bright enough.
About $39 +/- total for Inserts.
If you do wish a kit, the 1 SMD 5050 Insert Kits are available at Cointaker, and Pinball Bulbs...
Both offer the same brightness with same diode, but different color choices likely in some areas.
I just love the Glow of the frosted Twins...
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the write up. I'll probably make a list this weekend as I need to clean it from last weekend's Expo. I tried some of your Cyan bulbs in a mod I was building and loved them. Might try those in the mode inserts since I'm not too big a fan of purple. I liked purple in my TOTAN pops and that was about it.

#2303 8 years ago
Quoted from rjsoeps:

does anybody has the same pf, and orange scarf??

Me playfield 36-50032-SPIMG_1471.JPGIMG_1471.JPG
IMG_1474.JPGIMG_1474.JPG

#2304 8 years ago

Came across this on my walk home from work.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#2305 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Came across this on my walk home from work.

image.jpeg

I'm roasting a duck tomorrow. Though I've eaten a lot, I've never roasted one so I've been reading recipes all week. I laughed and said the line for each and every one of the thousand Peking duck recipes I've seen. My wife said I have mental issues. Lol

#2306 8 years ago

I've been cleaning/shopping my Shadow for the last 2 days. This is the biggest shop job I've ever done. Cleaning the habitrails with Flitz and a microfiber cloth is working great, but it's so damned tedious. There must be 8 feet of habitrail on this game, but the twists and turns are the worst part.

#2307 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I've been cleaning/shopping my Shadow for the last 2 days. This is the biggest shop job I've ever done. Cleaning the habitrails with Flitz and a microfiber cloth is working great, but it's so damned tedious. There must be 8 feet of habitrail on this game, but the twists and turns are the worst part.

Just did that, used mothers mag cleaner, came out great, but man... very time consuming!

I finally got the problem fixed where the ball would go up the diverter and get stuck, I moved the switch further down, and put a brace under the ramp to keep it raised.

#2308 8 years ago

I'm not quite ready for "victory laps", but the topside is all back together (except for phurbas), and she's a beauty! For now, it's #44 bulbs with a little assistance from the overhead lights. The gameroom is still nicely dim. BTW, that pile of habitrails took me 4 freakin' hours to clean!!

IMG_7448.jpgIMG_7448.jpg
IMG_7445.jpgIMG_7445.jpg
IMG_7443.jpgIMG_7443.jpg

#2309 8 years ago

I've finally got around to implementing my take on lighting up the battlefield. Was going to use Comet strips but opted for this. Power is from my dkpinball powertap, which I am also using to power several other lights. I still have some reflection off the battlefield mini playfield but generally happy. The lights are Comet Opmax. If I could only buy one type of pin bulb, it would be these. Makes machines look beautiful.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

image_3.jpegimage_3.jpeg

image_4.jpegimage_4.jpeg

image_5.jpegimage_5.jpeg

#2310 8 years ago

Try a couple of silver light domes over them, might get rid of the glare..

#2311 8 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Try a couple of silver light domes over them, might get rid of the glare..

As in the regular spotlight cone things? Have some. Will give it a go. The last pic looks worse than reality. I have fluff in my lense

#2312 8 years ago

I'm thinking of picking up some side mirrors for my Shadow. Can anyone provide recommendations on brand and color? I was wondering how gold side mirrors would look in a shadow (with all the brass wireforms). Has this been done by anyone here?

#2313 8 years ago

I think the wireforms are chromed steel. On mine, the yellow came off really easily. I'm kinda liking the silver look.

#2314 8 years ago

I, too, am interested in any pinblade ideas for The Shadow....anyone?

#2315 8 years ago

Seems like a no-brainer, so much beautiful shiny metal in Shadow. I'm planning to try PinBlades in mine.

#2316 8 years ago

Yes, but what color?!!

#2317 8 years ago

I'm getting mirror-colored

#2318 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm getting mirror-colored

I think this may be the way to go, supposedly any scratches can be polished out... On the black chrome or gold ones, scratches are permanent.

#2319 8 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

As in the regular spotlight cone things? Have some. Will give it a go. The last pic looks worse than reality. I have fluff in my lense

Yes, those. I mounted one in the front top left corner of the battlefield with a superbright LED and the silver dome, pretty much got the entire area with no glare.

#2320 8 years ago

I dropped the color DMD in mine today and it looks awesome. I'm having three issues though.

1) The Sanctum Wall wont always lock in the 'up' position. Sometimes it fires and tries a few times, never makes it. Sometimes it locks up briefly to fall back down. Sometimes it works. It appears to be able to raise all the way up, but not 'stay' up.

2.) The back row of my battlefield doesnt pop back up after they're knocked down. They stay down. Is this a switch I need to adjust? I think it is but I'm unsure how.

3.) My ball gets stuck on the left ramp too often. It 'dies' on the wire headed to the right side of the machine, where the little switch the ball rolls over is present. Is this common?

#2321 8 years ago
Quoted from BulkOfTheSeries:

I dropped the color DMD in mine today and it looks awesome. I'm having three issues though.
1) The Sanctum Wall wont always lock in the 'up' position. Sometimes it fires and tries a few times, never makes it. Sometimes it locks up briefly to fall back down. Sometimes it works. It appears to be able to raise all the way up, but not 'stay' up.
2.) The back row of my battlefield doesnt pop back up after they're knocked down. They stay down. Is this a switch I need to adjust? I think it is but I'm unsure how.
3.) My ball gets stuck on the left ramp too often. It 'dies' on the wire headed to the right side of the machine, where the little switch the ball rolls over is present. Is this common?

Did all this happen after installing colordmd? Or just some lingering issues?

#2322 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Did all this happen after installing colordmd? Or just some lingering issues?

lingering.

Nothing changed after the color DMD.

I believe it's all related to switches so more or less mechanical problems vs electical

#2323 8 years ago

I wanted to create some art to put in the back of the pinball machine, but wanted something with a halftone gradient fade. Created this from scratch... It's similar to the other mods out there, but made sure the alignment was on point. I just have to match the proper pantones. I may also turn off the lights in some of the windows.

Shadow-Wall.jpgShadow-Wall.jpg

#2324 8 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-shadow-sanctum-target-repair

#2325 8 years ago

1. I had that problem, make sure the bottom of the target is not broken, mine was cracked and I fixed it, works great now, also the silver arm that Keeps the target straight, make sure that is not putting too much pressure on the target, check the spring, make sure it is not too tight. Also clean the assembly with the coil that pulls the target up.

2. Do a switch test and see if all 4 targets register, also do a coil test and make sure the coil is firing.

3. Had the same problem, I actually took a small piece of plastic and screwed it where the switch was, then moved the switch to the end of the plastic, I also put a small bracket under that wire form ramp to give it more lift.. Now with the glass off, I placed the ball at the beginning of the ramp and it rolls by itself past the switch all the way down.

Hope these help you out

#2326 8 years ago

1) Lift the play field and drop that assembly. It's only a couple screws. Clean i thoroughly and be sure to inspect the target well. The little lip that causes it to hang in the up position can get worn down and eventually won't grab.

2) This could be a multitude of problems. If I had to take a wild guess, i'd say a wire beneath the mini play field got cut, taking out the optos that sense the targets when they drop. That moving kicker can really shred wires underneath quickly if someone didn't route them properly.Or something is wrong with the opto board like a cracked solder joint. I would rack out the play field and flip up the mini. Everything is really easy to access. Put the game in switch test to determine if the optos are working.

3) I'd like to see pictures of balboarules's fix as it sounds interesting. I really had to bend my switch out a lot because that switch will not register a lot of times during gameplay because the ball goes past so fast. The tradeoff is that a poor shot can get the ball stuck if it's moving real slow. When I got a few hang ups, I made sure the game was perfectly leveled left to right. Then I cranked up the angle. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but i'm guessing 7.5 or 8 degrees. Haven't had a hang since, the switch registers almost 100% of shots, and TS rocks with the blazing fast speed of being at that high angle.

#2327 8 years ago

Sure, here you go, if you look closely at the front you can see the small bracket I installed to keep the wireform raised, and you can see where the target is now placed. Registers every time now and no more hang up's, it was driving me nuts to have to keep taking off the glass

DSC01947.JPGDSC01947.JPG

#2328 8 years ago

I just completed the Final Battle last night for the first time. What a rush. This is such a great game!

#2329 8 years ago

Ok here is a strange one. My volume screen is in French. Everything else on the game menus is in English. Dip switches are set to USA. It is a reimport and with a single slot coin door set for Francs. Ideas?

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#2330 8 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ok here is a strange one. My volume screen is in French. Everything else on the game menus is in English. Dip switches are set to USA. It is a reimport and with a single slot coin door set for Francs. Ideas?
image.jpeg

What ROM version are you running? My guess is it is LX-6. I think this was a glitch in this ROM, perhaps someone else may have further insight. I think this was fixed in ROM version HK-6.

#2331 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What ROM version are you running? My guess is it is LX-6. I think this was a glitch in this ROM, perhaps someone else may have further insight. I think this was fixed in ROM version HK-6.

I am running LH-6

#2332 8 years ago

Cut jumpers on CPU board W15,W16,W17,W18. Then game defalts to english.

#2333 8 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

image.jpeg

Had the same thing, started debugging it and found out in Hex editor that the address for Volume text in this ROM is wrong.
Changed the address to the right one, recalculated the checksum, burned it to an EPROM and got a working volume text in the latest ROM.

#2334 8 years ago

I have that problem too.. I ordered the latest Rome from John wart. I will have to check the version..everything else is English so I was not to concerned about it.

#2335 8 years ago

I have LH-6 as well

#2336 8 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

image.jpeg

It's obvious that some great, ominous power is compelling you to learn French!

#2337 8 years ago

I'm still working to sort out my last few issues with The shadow and the battlefield mini opto beneath the battlefield that registers the kicker movement side to side doesn't stop the opto from moving right. I found in switch test mode 1 that the right limit was not registering at all to a credit card test. So i ordered a new one for 30$ and after soldering it in the same problem persists. Mini kicker is not acting up the same before it would stutter to the left before finally grinding to a stop. Now it moves left hits the left limit and moves right only to ram into the plastic siding. This is the little mini check that happens when I power on the machine every time.

I can't believe I got a bumb right mini limit opto fresh out of a package. Its gotta be a wiring issue.

So does anyone know what I should see wiring wise from the 2 mini opto's that are linked in series and where those wires lead too under the table? This is past my level of experience but i'm willing to try and learn.

#2338 8 years ago
Quoted from tachi:

I'm still working to sort out my last few issues with The Shadow and the battlefield mini opto beneath the battlefield that registers the kicker movement side to side doesn't stop the opto from moving right. I found in switch test mode 1 that the right limit was not registering at all to a credit card test. So i ordered a new one for 30$ and after soldering it in the same problem persists. Mini kicker is not acting up the same before it would stutter to the left before finally grinding to a stop. Now it moves left hits the left limit and moves right only to ram into the plastic siding. This is the little mini check that happens when I power on the machine every time.
I can't believe I got a bumb right mini limit opto fresh out of a package. Its gotta be a wiring issue.
So does anyone know what I should see wiring wise from the 2 mini opto's that are linked in series and where those wires lead too under the table? This is past my level of experience but i'm willing to try and learn.

Honestly, flip up the mini playfield and trace that opto's wires carefully. There is a mess of wires running beneath that mini playfield and it's very common for wires to get cut because they have wiggled out of place there. I had the coil power wire knocked on mine which was shorting on metal and burning a fuse. Just have a look closely at all the wires underneath and put them back into the plastic clips if they've come out.

#2339 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I'm thinking of picking up some side mirrors for my Shadow. Can anyone provide recommendations on brand and color? I was wondering how gold side mirrors would look in a Shadow (with all the brass wireforms). Has this been done by anyone here?

I ordered gold mirror blades during the Black Friday sale at pinballsidemirrors.com. Only way I would buy them since they are so $$ any other time. Can't wait to see how they look, but they won't be installed until I get around to doing the full tear down. Will also have the trails brass plated, so the entire game will look sharp.

#2340 8 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

Had the same thing, started debugging it and found out in Hex editor that the address for Volume text in this ROM is wrong.
Changed the address to the right one, recalculated the checksum, burned it to an EPROM and got a working volume text in the latest ROM.

Can you share this file so I can burn it for mine. Always wondered why the volume wasn't in English when everything else was.

#2341 8 years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that French volume screen telling you to say no to drugs? LMAO!

#2342 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that French volume screen telling you to say no to drugs? LMAO!

Yes - because we always revert to French when under the influence...

#2343 8 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes - because we always revert to French when under the influence...

I was born and raised in south Louisiana and I can tell you that when drunk, many people do!

#2344 8 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

image.jpeg

I thought my game was messed up with the french text for volume too. But i colored it anyways lol

#2345 8 years ago

Thinking of adding The Shadow to my collection. That new Backglass makes this game so much more desirable. On my 2016 list.
Anyone here consider selling PM me. I'm in the Midwest.

#2346 8 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Thinking of adding The Shadow to my collection. That new Backglass makes this game so much more desirable. On my 2016 list.
Anyone here consider selling PM me. I'm in the Midwest.

Aurich is in the process of another run right now. Send him a PM and see if you can get on the list in case he has any extras.

#2347 8 years ago

Hi everyone. I recently got a shadow machine and have a few issues that have come up, and not being very fluent in diagnosing issues I thought I would post here to see what I should do

1.) Left Phurba was working fine, but recently moves to one side really well, but almost not at all on the other. I hit the button and I can hear it fire each time but it stops like midway or sometimes moves just a half inch or so

2.) The gun trigger doesn't seem to want to reset, I have to physically pull the trigger out

Nothing is reported as wrong in the test on startup

Thanks!

#2348 8 years ago
Quoted from InfamousDolphin:

Hi everyone. I recently got a Shadow machine and have a few issues that have come up, and not being very fluent in diagnosing issues I thought I would post here to see what I should do
1.) Left Phurba was working fine, but recently moves to one side really well, but almost not at all on the other. I hit the button and I can hear it fire each time but it stops like midway or sometimes moves just a half inch or so
2.) The gun trigger doesn't seem to want to reset, I have to physically pull the trigger out
Thanks!

1) first thing i'd check is to see if its just getting loose. Take all the balls out and flip up the playfield. Then grab it with your hand and see if it wiggles loose. There is a set screw underneath to tighten it. Just be careful not to strip it.

2) If it feels gummy, you probably just need to disassemble and clean it. if it presses smoothly but doesn't come back out, the return spring inside is probably broken.

#2349 8 years ago

Both sounds like mechanical issues. I would disassemble both the phurba and the gun and clean / realign the parts.

#2350 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

1) first thing i'd check is to see if its just getting loose. Take all the balls out and flip up the playfield. Then grab it with your hand and see if it wiggles loose. There is a set screw underneath to tighten it. Just be careful not to strip it.
2) If it feels gummy, you probably just need to disassemble and clean it. if it presses smoothly but doesn't come back out, the return spring inside is probably broken.

Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.