Topic Stats

• 6,671 posts
  • 558 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,772 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200120_162300 (resized).jpg
20200116_225418 (resized).jpg
20200116_225424 (resized).jpg
flip (resized).JPG
30003602 (resized).jpg
20200111_122439 (resized).jpg
20191216_121908 (resized).jpg
20200115_131749 (resized).jpg
shadow (resized).JPG
15790437858503837468966734949378 (resized).jpg
15790297376603489976081907527026 (resized).jpg
Shadow-LockArea-WithoutPlastics(but1guideRemoved) (resized).jpg
Shadow-LockArea-WithPlastics (resized).jpg
IMG_8567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8565 (resized).jpeg
Shadoiw High Scoire Adjustments (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6671 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 134.
#1901 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Can you post a pic of your homemade ones (and any notes you have on material used, etc.)? I've been thinking about making my own since I don't love all the yellow up on the battlefield, but don't really like the commercially available options.

I will have to take some pics, but basically I got an image off the internet that had all the target decals on it, then I colour laser printer that onto clear labels that you get from the stationary shop. Then I cut those out and stick them on aluminum tape which you can get from electronics shops. Then I put Mylar over the top. You just need a good steel ruler and Stanley knife to speed things up.

#1902 4 years ago

Dupe post.

#1903 4 years ago

Doh!

#1904 4 years ago

Double doh!

#1905 4 years ago

Hello friends,
Any ideia of this problem?

Best regards

IMG_30082015_193007.jpg

#1906 4 years ago

The Operations Manual say this

"ER. MINI PFD. BAD CHK. SWITCHESlMTRThis is saying the mini-playfield is not working correctly. Check the mini-playfield motor (20 - minimotor left, 19 - mini motor right), Bridge driver board, Power Driver board, CPU board, and thetwo mini-playfield limit switches (38 - mini-playfield right and 37 - mini-playfield left). Also checkfor blown fuses."

Witch is the best way to test this?!

Regards

#1907 4 years ago

So i'm re-assembling my Shadow after a total tear down and clean. I'm trying to get the ramps on and connected to the wireforms and the fitting is absolutely terrible. Its like I have to jam and twist the wireform connecting to that side of the lower ramp. Maybe i'm assembling something wrong.

Can anyone show me a closeup pic taken from the right side of the table showing the left ramp and how its connected to the wireform. I'm also pretty sure my table has several wrong posts on it specifically the 2 under that ramp i'm asking for the picture of where the rubber covers the scarf sensor.

Also that lower ramp is really jacked up off the table in order to attach to the top post behind those mongols is that really how the table is setup?

Thanks!

#1908 4 years ago

I was able to keep searching the forums for divertor issues and basically i get a hex cap screw to replace the crappy little one inside and tighten it down, replace the spring and clean the whole piece like its a flipper assembly.

Now just looking for the part number/name of the 2 posts that would be around that left rubber scarf switch.

#1909 4 years ago

Does anyone have any Sanctum water slide decals they'd be interested in selling? I'm looking to buy 2 or 3 (so I have a backup just in case one rips). If so, please PM me, thanks!

#1910 4 years ago

I have the file So you can print your own. I haven't printed any yet though.

#1911 4 years ago

Aurich translite package for sale on marketplace at cost (not mine). Surprised no one jumped on it yet.. Thought I'd post here in case people had not seen it yet

#1912 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Aurich translite package for sale on marketplace at cost (not mine). Surprised no one jumped on it yet.. Thought I'd post here in case people had not seen it yet

Thanks for that heads up, I just PMed the seller to buy it. Since I just sold a pin and a MAME machine I have the spare hobby money for it. I'll sell the stock translate and DMD cover so that will lower the price too.

I also just remembered I have my slot machine stocked with $300 in quarters and I have installed tournament ROMs, so quarters aren't used anymore. Taking them to the bank today and then will order a ColorDMD. Likely will keep the DMD as a spare instead of selling it. That's a great part to have if finding a project pin with bad DMD

#1913 4 years ago

What is the secret behind the left ramp flasher dome - is it supposed to work at all? I just watched a couple of Shadow videos and it seems to be not working in all of them, including the PAPA tuturial and a LED promotion?! Mine was already not working when I got it and I had no time to check it yet - so what is the issue, or is there none?

#1914 4 years ago

My flashers seem to go off when making the ramp shots and during different modes I guess. Is the ramp switch registering the ball? If not, then the flasher won't go off.

#1915 4 years ago
Quoted from Neinhalt:

What is the secret behind the left ramp flasher dome - is it supposed to work at all? I just watched a couple of Shadow videos and it seems to be not working in all of them, including the PAPA tuturial and a LED promotion?! Mine was already not working when I got it and I had no time to check it yet - so what is the issue, or is there none?

The globe often gets shaken loose due to the diverter smacking the side of the ramp repeatedly. I don't think there's much you can do about it.

#1916 4 years ago

Ordered the ColorDMD today! Looking forward to getting that installed and then soon will begin the tear down and restore of Shadow. I just keep playing it and don't want to stop, so I play it with a credit card taped over the sanctum wear and the Rings lights out. But what a great game!

#1917 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Buy that for sure if you want one now. But I am going to do another run as soon as I can find enough free time to work on it. Both my day job and Alien are busy right now, just hard to find the time at the moment.

#1918 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Buy that for sure if you want one now. But I am going to do another run as soon as I can find enough free time to work on it. Both my day job and Alien are busy right now, just hard to find the time at the moment.

I missed out on that one. But it's actually ok because I forgot I had that $$ earmarked for the OCD LED board. I'd be happy with just the DMD plastic with your graphics. But will def keep my eye out if you release one. Feel free to mark me down as a full kit if just the DMD section is not an option. Thanks.

#1919 4 years ago
Quoted from Neinhalt:

Was just playing a few games and the left dome flasher lights up when the orbit playfield is hit - a little passed the flashed up the left orbit.

#1920 4 years ago

Ok, was kinda wondering because they seem not to be working in all the videos. Currently my flasher won't activate in test menu, so I've exchanged the bulb, but it seems like a cable is loose or I need to resolder the contacs, will check it later.

#1921 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My money is ready and waiting, please take it!

#1922 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I am going to do another run as soon as I can find enough free time to work on it.

Picked up a Shadow 2 days ago, I'm already fed up with Alec staring at me. I'd buy the alternative translite/speaker panel if you do another run.

#1923 4 years ago

Anyone on the west coast want to help me get into the club?

#1924 4 years ago

Okay, just have to say this: if you don't have the ColorDMD in your Shadow then sell some plasma or your body on a street corner, come up with the $400, and get rid of that orange display that will never grace my Shadow again.

This video really doesn't even do it justice, since it's a camera pointed at an LCD screen and just doesn't show the colors as vibrant as they really are. Plus it's set to tile mode, and everyone knows the DotsXL are the best, keeps that nice round original look.

#1925 4 years ago

Ordered mine end of last week and hope to have it this week. Remembered I had $300 in quarters stocked in a slot machine and also have an older 720p projector to eBay. So that will cover the difference AND an OCD LED board.

#1926 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

AND an OCD LED board.

Man, I should do that in my Shadow. Only game I have it in is Tron, and it's so f**king nice.

Much, much love to herg, but I'd buy the ColorDMD first, then the OCD board.

#1927 4 years ago

+1 to what aurich says about color dmd -- just installed mine today and it's awesome! Such a big improvement and it looks great with the aurich kit to boot. Only wish the display green were a tad darker in shade but no great matter.. still looks amazing.

Curious about the led boards - do they really make anoticable difference? I have not noticed anything with the LEDs that bothers me but maybe i don't know what I'm looking for..

#1928 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Only wish the display green were a tad darker in shade but no great matter.. still looks amazing.

What would you say if I told you I was sitting here in my garage, waiting for the ColorDMD to boot, testing some green options?

Randy talked to me yesterday about it at League, and today took the initiative to give us the hex address for the green so we could start testing it.

These guys are customer service bosses, don't even sweat it. Yes, they're friends of mine, but I would say the same thing if they were strangers, it's just the most awesome upgrade you can make to any machine that supports it.

Very few mods are able to take something your game already does, and just enhance it to the next level.

#1929 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Okay, just have to say this: if you don't have the ColorDMD in your Shadow then sell some plasma or your body on a street corner, come up with the $400, and get rid of that orange display that will never grace my Shadow again.
This video really doesn't even do it justice, since it's a camera pointed at an LCD screen and just doesn't show the colors as vibrant as they really are. Plus it's set to tile mode, and everyone knows the DotsXL are the best, keeps that nice round original look.
ยป YouTube video

Does the ColorDMD also have the capability to run in Monochrome of a given color like the other colorDMD's (like this one: http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-sigma) ? So for example, do I have the option to run the shadow DMD in solid green OR in the multicolor DMD that has just been released? Or do I have to select one or the other when buying? I'm hoping this Shadow color DMD would give me the best of both worlds?

#1930 4 years ago

The ColorDMDs are all the same. It doesn't matter if you order Sigma or a dedicated one, you will get the exact same product - the only difference are the brackets/cables included with the DMD. If you order a dedicated one you will get the correct cables by default, with Sigma you need to chose for which system to get the correct cables/mount.
They all come with Sigma software preinstalled and you always need to update to the dedicated software yourself, you can also go back to Sigma at any time. So yes, everything you want to do is possible with any ColorDMD, you just need to get the right cable/mount for your pin.

#1931 4 years ago

RG

ER. MINI PFD. BAD CHK. SWITCHESlMTR

My miniplayfield did the same thing and it was just a bad connection on the driver board. I'd try that first if you haven't already. Driver board is under the playfield. Just trace the red and white wires from the motor

#1932 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Does the ColorDMD also have the capability to run in Monochrome of a given color like the other colorDMD's (like this one: http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-sigma) ? So for example, do I have the option to run The Shadow DMD in solid green OR in the multicolor DMD that has just been released? Or do I have to select one or the other when buying? I'm hoping this Shadow color DMD would give me the best of both worlds?

Yes, you can run it green or color. You'd just have to take the 2 minutes to swap the rom with a USB thumbdrive.

But honestly, once you see it in color you're never going to put it back on monochrome.

#1933 4 years ago

speaker panel from agodfrey. if you like this alt translite hit me up and I will find the guy i got it from

20150904_214603_resized.jpg

#1934 4 years ago

That speaker panel matches well with that translite. I got the speaker panel too, but didn't match up with the stock translite. But worth the try for only $18.

#1935 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What would you say if I told you I was sitting here in my garage, waiting for the ColorDMD to boot, testing some green options?

Sweet!! That's great news excited to see what you come up with!

#1936 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That speaker panel matches well with that translite. I got the speaker panel too, but didn't match up with the stock translite. But worth the try for only $18.

you want the guys name with that translite I have? I think it was pretty reasonable like 80 bucks or something. well worth it to get rid of the likes of tim curry, alec baldwin, that freak with the battle helmet and jonathan winters

#1937 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

you want the guys name with that translite I have? I think it was pretty reasonable like 80 bucks or something. well worth it to get rid of the likes of tim curry, alec baldwin, that freak with the battle helmet and jonathan winters

Sure, go ahead and PM me if you have the name handy. Thanks.

#1938 4 years ago

I have a gameplay strategy question, in particular how to maximize the bonus multiplier. I understand that the scenes are only added when the bonus is applied, but the multiplier is only added to non-scene points. How do you actually accrue large numbers of these non-scene points that can be multiplied? Any tips?

#1939 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I have a gameplay strategy question, in particular how to maximize the bonus multiplier. I understand that the scenes are only added when the bonus is applied, but the multiplier is only added to non-scene points. How do you actually accrue large numbers of these non-scene points that can be multiplied? Any tips?

Good question. I need to read the manual to understand that scoring. If I find anything out I'll post it. Of course I'm sure someone else knows off the top of their head and can chime in.

#1940 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I don't know this for a fact but I assume the answer is loops.

PS. I got to Final Battle for the first time last night! Woot!

#1941 4 years ago

I love the secret Laugh Mode. Try to get it every game and it can be tough to do.

#1942 4 years ago

I'm very new to pinball so don't have much to offer in the way of pinball advice/support/help (just yet). However, I have been painting since the age of 5... So here's something I can share, to give back for all the help I've received from you guys on Pinside.

I've been doing a Shadow Sanctum rebuild and wanted to match the grey paint as close as possible. I wanted to be able to replicate the mix in case I needed more, so I ended up tracking exactly how much of each color I put in. Here is my formula... Maybe there is a simpler one out there, but this is pretty darn close to the Williams color.

I used Createx airbrush paints (as recommended by Vid1900), I bought these from Amazon: amazon.com link » I also purchased a purple Createx.

Here is the mix formula (I used drops, as they are all pretty equal in volume):

White: 98 drops
Yellow: 30
Black: 6
Purple:6
Red: 2
Green: 2
Blue: 1

The Shadow playfield grey color may be slightly different per pin, so you may need to add a drop of a color to tweak at the end, but this will get you very, very close. I hope this helps people trying to fix this common problem with The Shadow!

#1943 4 years ago

Great info! I'll be doing my Sanctum repair soon.

#1944 4 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

I don't know this for a fact but I assume the answer is loops.
PS. I got to Final Battle for the first time last night! Woot!

Nice! Had my machine for about 6 months and still haven't done it.

#1945 4 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Nice! Had my machine for about 6 months and still haven't done it.

Thanks! I couldn't believe it. If I can get 250M+ I consider it a good game and my all time high before that game was ~660M. That game everything just clicked. I got 1.19B which was awesome but also disappointing because it was just 7M away from high score #4!

I am really enjoying Shadow. It is a great pin.

#1946 4 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Thanks! I couldn't believe it. If I can get 250M+ I consider it a good game and my all time high before that game was ~660M. That game everything just clicked. I got 1.19B which was awesome but also disappointing because it was just 7M away from high score #4!
I am really enjoying Shadow. It is a great pin.

Its currently my favorite game! A fantastic game! And I agree with Aurich, it requires a ColorDMD... But I'm biased there.

#1947 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I love the secret Laugh Mode. Try to get it every game and it can be tough to do.

My favorite thing on Shadow is stacking Secret Laugh mode with Vengeance. That minor chord piano banging away with the insane laughter over it is the best. Highly recommend you try and pull it off.

#1948 4 years ago

How does one get Secret Laugh Mode?

I havent seen it. Could it be because I am on Double Secret Probation?

#1949 4 years ago

The laugh mode is so funny, i had to clean the glass that was full of beer the first time i got it.
And it still cracks me up.

From the Rulesheet for THE SHADOW by Cameron Silver:

To start Laugh Mode, you must have heard the quote said by all three
people. The easiest way to do this is:
- Start a scene (at Start Scene), and pull the trigger.
- Shoot the Side Saucer, and if Khan is not lit, you'll get the 2M Scene
Bonus. Pull the trigger again.
- Shoot the Battle Field, and pull the trigger before the ball is popped.

Once you have heard all three quotes, start a scene like you normally
would, but instead of starting one of the regular five, the display will
say:
You discovered: The Secret Laugh Mode

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pinball/916420-the-shadow/faqs/1360

Axl

#1950 4 years ago

I've had the Shadow for about 4 years now.

This is the 1st time I've heard of the laugh mode.

I guess I need to read the manuals more often...LOL

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Boards
PCB Emporium
There are 6671 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 134.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside