IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 219.
#1851 8 years ago

thats what a credit card is for it fixes everything !

#1852 8 years ago

welcome to the club!

#1854 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Welcome to the hobby! I too live in Bensalem and have a Shadow. Your more than welcome to PM me and we can talk and possibly meet up. There are several of us locally that have one. So any question should get answered.

Sounds great, I appreciate it. Great that there are local Pinsiders around, with the same machine nonetheless!

#1855 8 years ago

When I got my Shadow it had a very loud hum but it also had a decent divot in the sanctum. I repaired the area when I tore it down. I didn't adjust the magnet or the bracket underneath. The only thing that changed was the amount of material above it. I can still hear it hum, but before it was three times as loud. Has anyone else noticed machines getting louder once a divot starts to form?

#1856 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

When I got my Shadow it had a very loud hum but it also had a decent divot in the sanctum. I repaired the area when I tore it down. I didn't adjust the magnet or the bracket underneath. The only thing that changed was the amount of material above it. I can still hear it hum, but before it was three times as loud. Has anyone else noticed machines getting louder once a divot starts to form?

Yes, I'm curious, do other Shadow's hum too? Is there anyone who has a perfectly silent Inner Sanctum wall?

#1857 8 years ago

I can tell mine humms too.
It's a normal cause of electomagnetic resonance with some other parts nearby and actually the whole playfield too.
Maybe tightening some screws nearby the magnet may help a bit.

#1858 8 years ago

I have "The Shadow" pin ball machine. The upper stage paddle won't go back and forth. Where can I buy the maintenance/repair manual for it? I am an engineer so I should be able to work on it. If it is a solenoid where can I purchase such items? I am not sure which forum I should post this to? Thank you

#1859 8 years ago
Quoted from kenhusa:

I have "The Shadow" Pin Ball machine. The upper stage paddle won't go back and forth. Where can I buy the maintenance/repair manual for it? I am an engineer so I should be able to work on it. If it is a solenoid where can I purchase such items? I am not sure which forum I should post this to? Thank you

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2528/Manual_Bally_1994_The_Shadow.pdf

#1860 8 years ago

Anyone else wish the green score color was more saturated like the title color in the COLORDMD? kind of a drag. I am still happy with how it looks.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#1861 8 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Anyone else wish the green score color was more saturated like the title color in the COLORDMD? kind of a drag. I am still happy with how it looks.
image.jpg

It matches the original translate and speaker panel better.

#1862 8 years ago

I'd like to see video with the original translite ,but yeah, that color looks awful with the alt translite. Doesn't even look green, looks like aqua or something.

#1863 8 years ago

hmm.. guess you could try blue or aqua lighting behind the translite to try to match it to the DMD better.. I guess there's no way to adjust the coloring of any specific tone on the DMD - unfortunate. Suprised there aren't any videos up on Youtube yet of the action.. I'm waiting to get my DMD.. anxious to see what it looks like in the machine though

#1864 8 years ago

I honestly dont even look at the translite when I am playing.. The COLORDMD green matches nothing on the Playfield, which is where my eyes are locked except to look up at that score..

#1865 8 years ago

Maybe those guys can do alt (Aurich) version with saturated green...

#1866 8 years ago

Have not connected with Dave or Aurich on this yet, but the green in the display should be a good match to the green on the playfield. Are you saying it's not, or just isn't matching the green in the backlit translite?

shadow35.jpgshadow35.jpg

TS_Score.pngTS_Score.png

#1867 8 years ago

I haven't seen this alt translite before. I like it a lot because it's nearly original. Anyone have this on their pin?

_57.jpg_57.jpg

#1868 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'd like to see video with the original translite ,but yeah, that color looks awful with the alt translite. Doesn't even look green, looks like aqua or something.

I shot a quick video on the iPad during lunch. It's taking forever to upload, though. It's at 30% after an hour and a half. Hopefully it'll be done soon and I'll post it here. I have the original translate.

#1869 8 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Have not connected with Dave or Aurich on this yet, but the green in the display should be a good match to the green on the playfield. Are you saying it's not, or just isn't matching the green in the backlit translite?

I think its just that all the green in my game is much more saturated. Matching the paint I think is less important than an illuminated machine. I would love to see something that closer matches Lock inserts, KHAN inserts as well as Aurich's artwork, which I know is not standard, but I am pretty confident that most people willing to put a color DMD in their shadow have replaced that translite with his.

This is all just my opinion and I am happy to finally get color for the Shadow. My only thought is this.. it stands out to me as too light of a green.

#1870 8 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

I would love to see something that closer matches Lock inserts, KHAN inserts as well as Aurich's artwork, which I know is not standard, but I am pretty confident that most people willing to put a color DMD in their Shadow have replaced that translite with his.

Not the case here. I have no interest in adding that alt translate but a lot of interest adding a colordmd.

#1871 8 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

I think its just that all the green in my game is much more saturated. Matching the paint I think is less important than an illuminated machine. I would love to see something that closer matches Lock inserts, KHAN inserts as well as Aurich's artwork, which I know is not standard, but I am pretty confident that most people willing to put a color DMD in their Shadow have replaced that translite with his.
This is all just my opinion and I am happy to finally get color for The Shadow. My only thought is this.. it stands out to me as too light of a green.

I'm with you on this. Going to download it shortly then I'll post back.

#1872 8 years ago

https://img-f.pinside.com/201508/2631269/442519.

Quoted from PoMC:I haven't seen this alt translite before. I like it a lot because it's nearly original. Anyone have this on their pin?

_57.jpg

now thats a tranlight i would put on my shadow.

#1873 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

now thats a tranlight i would put on my Shadow.

...because you're too cheap to buy the alternative

#1874 8 years ago

Ok. It took all afternoon for me to get it uploaded. having some internet problems. Had to set the iPad on the lockdown bar and prop it against my chest. Not the best, but you can see quite a few animations.

#1875 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

now thats a tranlight i would put on my Shadow.

Yeah I agree. I like the game has the movie theme and it makes sense to have a movie themed translite. Replacing Alec with The Shadow is perfect for my taste in the game.

Quoted from TaTa:

I am definitely too cheap to buy the alternatives I've seen so far. Would rather spend the $$ on the ColorDMD.

#1876 8 years ago

of course color looks good in the photos.. but I really would love the score to be more saturated.
but damn.. this game looks great now.
DSC00712.jpgDSC00712.jpgDSC00714.jpgDSC00714.jpg

#1877 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

no i don't like the alternate trans light thats why i didn't buy it. i am fine with the original trans light. and this cheap bastard still kicked your a** tonight on your shadow and RIBION even working in a construction zone!

#1878 8 years ago

Waiting for mine to arrive today

#1879 8 years ago

Good times

20150822_152458.jpg20150822_152458.jpg

#1880 8 years ago

I'm looking to replace some of the GI lights in my Shadow and I've looked in the manual, but can't find a location map of each of the lights. I see the General Illumination circuits (on 2-43), but no information of how many for each of the GI strings. Am I just missing it? Is a breakdown available anywhere?

#1881 8 years ago

Hello all

I got this message when I started the pin , any idea what can be wrong ?

20150822_114500.jpg20150822_114500.jpg
20150822_114515.jpg20150822_114515.jpg

And where I can find the female connector thats fits here ?
or better yet the whole battery kit with plexiglas.

20150823_175714.jpg20150823_175714.jpg

Regards Robert

#1882 8 years ago
Quoted from Robert__:

If you can't find a new one, I'm sure I have a used one somewhere you can have for $10.

#1883 8 years ago
Quoted from Robert__:

Hello all
I got this message when I started the pin , any idea what can be wrong ?
20150822_114500.jpg
20150822_114515.jpg
And where I can find the female connector thats fits here ?
20150823_175714.jpg
Regards Robert

Check if you have corroded pins on your CPU board.
I'm guessing (by looking at your last photo and your search for an external battery holder) that you got some battery leakage.
If that's not it, reseat the ribbon cables connected to the sound board.

#1884 8 years ago

I joined this club today by picking up a pretty nice example of this pin. I'm very excited. The pin thoroughly kicks my butt which I love. Now I need to read through all 1800+ posts in this thread...

#1885 8 years ago

Vid1900 ;
Ok so its complete with plexi,Holder, cable ?
Whats the shipping cost to sweden ?

Aly;
I check again but it looked ok and This
Board have a place for This plexiglas
It has standoffs so it Will be no damage.

Regards Robert

#1886 8 years ago

Then try to reseat all the ribbon cables connected to the sound board.
This may be caused from transportation if it was working when you bought it.

#1887 8 years ago

Just got these drop target and standup target decals? Anyone else have these? I don't like when there are so many targets that don't have artwork. Frankenstein is another game that is improved with the target decals.

20150824_211316.jpg20150824_211316.jpg

#1888 8 years ago

Now that I'm more into The Shadow and after I watched the movie (btw it's much better if you know the pinball before watching the movie I wish we would have a secret Pinside The Shadow Club titled: "Anyone for a Peking Duck?"
;D

#1889 8 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

Now that I'm more into The Shadow and after I watched the movie (btw it's much better if you know the pinball before watching the movie I wish we would have a secret Pinside The Shadow Club titled: "Anyone for a Peking Duck?"
;D

Movie is much better when knowing the pin first and then watching the movie. I'm like, "Oh~! That's what a Berylium sphere is." And, "Hey! Is that Magento and Gandolf in the movie?"

#1890 8 years ago
Quoted from Robert__:

Vid1900 ;
Ok so its complete with plexi,Holder, cable ?
Whats the shipping cost to sweden ?

Yes, it's the complete board, holder and cable, but....

Sorry I got your hopes up, I did not notice you were in Sweden.

I can mail USA stuff at work, but international I'd have to go to the Post Office, pay for parking, stand in line for 30 minutes, and fill out customs forms.

Sorry again.

#1892 8 years ago

Purple dmd panel. Could look cool on a Shadow if you don't like the stock art:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/24088

#1893 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Purple dmd panel. Could look cool on a Shadow if you don't like the stock art:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/24088

I dig those and for only $18 I'll try one out. Sending PM now.

#1894 8 years ago

Pomc, make sure you post pics of it installed.

#1895 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just got these drop target and standup target decals? Anyone else have these? I don't like when there are so many targets that don't have artwork. Frankenstein is another game that is improved with the target decals.

20150824_211316.jpg

They look great (except the wall). Would love to see a game with these.

#1896 8 years ago
Quoted from Circus_Animal:

They look great (except the wall). Would love to see a game with these.

I'll post pics of mine. I installed them right after taking the pic but didn't take more pics. By the wall, did you mean that sole red target? I was told that was included to show the artwork on another set of drop targets. So that red one isn't for anything on the game unless you get a complete set for the drops.

#1897 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

20150824_211316.jpg

Looks good. I made my own but these look better. Where'd you get them from?

#1898 8 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Can you post a pic of your homemade ones (and any notes you have on material used, etc.)? I've been thinking about making my own since I don't love all the yellow up on the battlefield, but don't really like the commercially available options.

#1899 8 years ago

Just saw these Sanctum decal appear on eBay. Are these the ones that the gray color doesn't match well with the playfield?

ebay.com link: SHADOW Pinball Machine Sanctum Overlay Decal

#1900 8 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Got them from eBay and I think there's another set available too.

ebay.com link: NEW DESIGN SHADOW DELUXE Target Cushioned Decal Set Pinball Machine

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.