IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 219.
#1751 8 years ago

I'm not a fan of LEDs on the older titles, but I really love that translite. If the original did bother me, this is definitely the one I would want.

#1752 8 years ago

Yeah, the original doesn't bother me either, but that's a sweet backglass.

#1753 8 years ago

iam fine with the original but that one is nice.

#1754 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Hey that's a terrific backglass. Where did you get that? Best one I've seen and that I'd even consider spending $$ on.

The backglass was designed by the person I bought the pin from here on Pinside. He made it for his personal machine. To my knowledge, it's the only one.

#1755 8 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

My Shadow just got a couple of friends...got the idea from a Shadow I saw for sale here awhile back. It won't be for everyone but I love it!

IMG_20150807_204132.jpg

Wow, Demo Man handles on a Shadow? I've never seen that before!

#1756 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Wow, Demo Man handles on a Shadow? I've never seen that before!

There was a blinged-out Shadow with Demo Man handles sold on Pinside a year or two ago. Not sure if this is the same one.

EDIT: Here we go: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-ts-the-shadow#post-1329504

#1757 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

There was a blinged-out Shadow with Demo Man handles sold on Pinside a year or two ago. Not sure if this is the same one.
EDIT: Here we go: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-ts-the-shadow#post-1329504

Gees, I can't believe the asking price was only 4k to be honest. I don't know if I would have the balls to drill holes in my cab for the DM handles but I totally appreciate the creativity. I assume the buttons on top of the handles move the diverters, pretty cool!

#1758 8 years ago

I've never seen a Shadow with DM handles before. Pretty cool stuff. I as well like the translite but not sure if it's the best I've seen as I feel the bar set a while ago
Still very cool stuff! Great game as well!

#1759 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It's not the same one but that's where I got the idea. Funny, both are in AZ now.

#1760 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I've never seen a Shadow with DM handles before. Pretty cool stuff. I as well like the translite but not sure if it's the best I've seen as I feel the bar set a while ago
Still very cool stuff! Great game as well!

What translate art did you create?

#1761 8 years ago

The backglass was designed by the person I bought the pin from here on Pinside. He made it for his personal machine. To my knowledge, it's the only one.

Who did you buy it from? I'd like to send that person a PM asking if another could be printed.

#1762 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Who did you buy it from? I'd like to send that person a PM asking if another could be printed.

Sent you a PM. I didn't want him to get a bunch of PMs out of nowhere. Perhaps you can reach out and update the forum.

#1763 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

What translate art did you create?

I never stated I created one but here is the one to which I was referring. Comes with a new speaker panel as well. Really compliments the game. Absolutely everyone that plays mine comments on the artwork on the translite; not to busy but ties together well with the rest of the machine. I'm not knocking the other translite, I think its well done also I just think the one I linked below is better in my opinion.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-new-original-alternate-translite-speaker-panel-cards

#1764 8 years ago

I have a question about the game rom - do I just need to exchange the game rom for an upgrade, or do I also need to exchange sound roms as well? I'ver got the L-6 rom here, currently installed is L-2.
Does anyone know the differences between the sound rom versions? Ministry of Pinball have U2,U3,U4 and U5 available, but I can't find a revision anywhere.

#1765 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Comes with a new speaker panel as well.

I really like both designs and have Aurich's as well! They both have a custom speaker panel.

#1766 8 years ago

They both have a custom speaker panel

I never saw that. Thats pretty slick too.

#1767 8 years ago

Hey I know who designed that translite...in case he says yes to making more, let me know. I already have Aurich's but I really like this one.

#1768 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I never stated I created one but here is the one to which I was referring. Comes with a new speaker panel as well. Really compliments the game. Absolutely everyone that plays mine comments on the artwork on the translite; not to busy but ties together well with the rest of the machine. I'm not knocking the other translite, I think its well done also I just think the one I linked below is better in my opinion.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-new-original-alternate-translite-speaker-panel-cards

Misread what you wrote. Thought you said you set the bar high and made me think you made one I haven't seen.

#1769 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Hey I know who designed that translite...in case he says yes to making more, let me know. I already have Aurich's but I really like this one.

I agree and I too have Aurich's work. But, I wouldn't mind mixing it up once in a while and would be in for one if he decides to do a run. Please, who ever knows this guy, should ask him to consider it. It's a hot title and lots of hate for the original translate to make it well worth his time. Or, just sell the art and we could have it made. In other words...I'm selfish and want this REALLY bad!

#1770 8 years ago

I PMed the Pinsider who made that translite and at this time he's not interested in making any more. Sounds like it was a pain in the ass, "It is two layers, the reverse layer is a decal that blacks out the light for all the blacks. And it has custom flex LED's that cast real shadows on his face. "Not always visible when people take photos of it" So it was a major pain to make."

Would love to have this one too. But still, I really don't think the original is bad and it doesn't bother me in the least. I'm not going to spend nearly $200 just to swap out the translite and speaker panel art. Googly Eye Baldwin is priceless.

#1771 8 years ago

Got the repro Phurbas from the Pinsider in Poland and they are very well done.

Here's a pic of the originals installed and you can see they almost look silver when in the game. Second pic shows an original on the left and repro on the right. When out of the game and with camera flash, the color doesn't look as faded on the original. But to the eye, they just look dingy.

Now had I even thought about it, I just would've tried re-finishing the originals. But when I saw someone selling the repros, I assumed it was a part not available, so I jumped at getting them. But for only $37 shipped, heck, was worth saving my time since I obviously still have to fully tear down Shadow and restore it. Although the credit card over the Sanctum wear does work perfect.

20150808_194922.jpg20150808_194922.jpg
20150808_195045.jpg20150808_195045.jpg

#1772 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Googly Eye Baldwin is priceless.

#1773 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I PMed the Pinsider who made that translite and at this time he's not interested in making any more. Sounds like it was a pain in the ass, "It is two layers, the reverse layer is a decal that blacks out the light for all the blacks. And it has custom flex LED's that cast real shadows on his face. "Not always visible when people take photos of it" So it was a major pain to make."

Guess I have the only two made. When I bought it, it did come with two translites. Pictures of the extra is below. You can see the reverse side to get an idea how the shadows are done.

IMG_20150809_072622.jpgIMG_20150809_072622.jpg

IMG_20150809_072704.jpgIMG_20150809_072704.jpg

#1774 8 years ago

Very cool! If you ever decide to sell the extra one, let me know.

#1775 8 years ago

That's awesome!

#1776 8 years ago

The Shadow is the next ColorDMD!!!

#1777 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Any more details on this? I ran a couple of searches and couldn't find anything (but am very, very curious!)

#1778 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

It looks good too.

#1779 8 years ago

Nice if true!!

#1780 8 years ago

Check colorDMD's Facebook. They been droppin hints for the last few days. Can't believe it took me so long to figure it out. Can't frikken wait!

#1781 8 years ago

Oh for sure! Just checked out their FB page and totally is the Shadow!

#1782 8 years ago

I already have a ColorDMD reading and waiting for the code to drop. Great news!

#1783 8 years ago

Guess I have the only two made. When I bought it, it did come with two translites. Pictures of the extra is below. You can see the reverse side to get an idea how the shadows are done.

With the new colorDMD on the way I miss my Shadow Just wanted to point out the extra translite that I included was my prototype. That one is a bit dull in comparison as well I made several illustrative changes later on. I used different translate film for the one your machine came installed with. The prototype was 4 layers. The top layer was UV-laminate "think it has a small ripple bottom right", followed by the art which was printed on a matte film that did not hold vivid-pigments as well. Then a layer of very thin plastic followed by a decal with the reverse print.. I could have these made by a commercial-printer and it would be rather easy. But I rather let you be the only one with the translite I also, really do not have the time for side projects right now.

Some information about the drawing. I used references of Alec Baldwin, mostly his ear. The eye is my eye. I used my 1911 Pistol as a reference, they used an over-sized M1911 in the movie, which is really just a longer 1911. His hat, scarf and jacket are just made up. I had a reference of Yuan Dynasty dragons, but I styled and drew them. I had several noses, from The Shadow as well other actors that I used as a reference.

At the time, I was NEVER going to sell my shadow. But my urge for Indiana Jones over powered me and I needed the funds and had to sell something. That said, at the time I made this translite only for myself. So I really did not care if anyone liked it or hated it lol. If I had the intentions of mass producing these, I would have put more time into the illustration and would have polished it further. Needless to say, I am very happy people enjoy it.

#1784 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Needless to say, I am very happy people enjoy it.

Well, I sure have. The Shadow has been my favorite game of all time and this translite has made it special and gets compliments from people that don't know it's unique. Your work is great and definitely no hurt feelings if you ever want to produce. In fact, I'd be happy for people to have two great options for alternate translites.

#1785 8 years ago

Here is my shadow. Few leds added.

20150516_195127.jpg20150516_195127.jpg

20150516_195113.jpg20150516_195113.jpg

#1786 8 years ago

Ok gentlemen and ladies. A little help. Just got a shadow recently. Battlefield working fine until I powered on today. No side to side motion. Mini playfield test error. Checked fuses and they look ok. Didn't see a loose or broken wire under the battlefield.

Thoughts?image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#1787 8 years ago

Sorry the pics are upside down

#1788 8 years ago

Hi all, I'm thinking of biting the bullet and joining the club. I have the opportunity to buy a Shadow in the $3-4K range. Here are some photos of The Shadow I'm looking at purchasing. I'll be traveling out to test it in person.

I'm relatively new to the pinball scene. Can you please recommend there anything I should keep an eye out for, or if you see any red flags in the photos that I should be wary of? Thanks all, I appreciate expertise and advice!

Shadow_1.jpgShadow_1.jpg

Shadow_2.jpegShadow_2.jpeg

Shadow_3.jpegShadow_3.jpeg

Shadow_4.jpegShadow_4.jpeg

Shadow_5.jpegShadow_5.jpeg

Shadow_6.jpegShadow_6.jpeg

Shadow_7.jpegShadow_7.jpeg

shadow_8.jpegshadow_8.jpeg

#1789 8 years ago

Buy it

#1790 8 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Ok gentlemen and ladies. A little help. Just got a Shadow recently. Battlefield working fine until I powered on today. No side to side motion. Mini playfield test error. Checked fuses and they look ok. Didn't see a loose or broken wire under the battlefield.

Start easy.. pull fuses and check each one. Anything else going on besides the battlefield issues all of the sudden? Lift up the battlefield and check the metal bracket that goes around the main gear that moves the kicker back and forth. If it's broken anywhere this can cause the problem.

#1791 8 years ago

Anyone on here have a ColorDMD installed on another game? I'm wondering if there's any issues buying one for say a TAF, and then swapping it over to Shadow once the code is released? I don't know if there's any specific reason to buy a kit marketed for any certain game since the code is all downloadable?

#1792 8 years ago

They are all the same. USB with code is the only difference.

#1793 8 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Anyone on here have a ColorDMD installed on another game? I'm wondering if there's any issues buying one for say a TAF, and then swapping it over to Shadow once the code is released? I don't know if there's any specific reason to buy a kit marketed for any certain game since the code is all downloadable?

TAF might not be the best example, there were some odd things to support the THING lightboard on that one I thought? I can't remember now though what the details are on that one.

Generally speaking though, yes, very easy to swap. I took the ColorDMD out of my White Water to put into my Shadow recently.

Of course now I need to buy another one to get White Water back in color!

#1794 8 years ago

@jonesjb: I do not know the pricing in the US, but it is a very nice machine, the Sanctum looks great !
In my opinion the playfield is the main thing to have an eye on. However, the cabinett is also looking very nice.

I acomplished my TS also ... first I just wanted to have it for some weeks or month but it looks it becomes a keeper. All wiregates are new gold galvanises, the ramps and diverters are chromed. New plastics, Auchrich kit, colordmd in green dot mode ... looks very nice. Backbox with new decals, the cabinet nice and original. The Sanctum looks also great. Very nice machine.

TS_Tom_049.jpgTS_Tom_049.jpg

TS_Tom_050.jpgTS_Tom_050.jpg

TS_Tom_053.jpgTS_Tom_053.jpg

TS_Tom_055.jpgTS_Tom_055.jpg

TS_Tom_057.jpgTS_Tom_057.jpg

#1795 8 years ago

Got my "lost plastic" cityscape for the black, back wall with the flashers. Love it! This is just loosely installed because I need to restore the game, so it's not quite level, but I needed to install this. Took 5 minutes to remove the flasher covers and the two bolts for the chute. Put it in place and screw the flasher covers and chute back in place.

I highly recommend this very attractive, inexpensive mod because it really should've been there stock.

20150810_192620.jpg20150810_192620.jpg
20150810_192721.jpg20150810_192721.jpg
20150810_192751.jpg20150810_192751.jpg
20150810_205146.jpg20150810_205146.jpg
20150810_205216.jpg20150810_205216.jpg
20150810_205156.jpg20150810_205156.jpg

#1796 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Got my "lost plastic" cityscape for the black, ball wall with the flashers. Love it! This is just loosely installed because I need to restore the game, so it's not quite level, but I needed to install this. Took 5 minutes to remove the flasher covers and the two bolts for the chute. Put it in place and screw the flasher covers and chute back in place.
I highly recommend this very attractive, inexpensive mod because it really should've been there stock.

Nice! Are you satisfied with the quality? Where did you pick this one up?

#1797 8 years ago

I took some side-by-side pictures of my translite. You can see the differences between the final and prototype.

IMG_0241.jpgIMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0239.jpgIMG_0239.jpg

#1798 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Nice! Are you satisfied with the quality? Where did you pick this one up?

Someone in this thread redrew it. Message them and they will give it to you for free. I have the lost plastic and it is garbage for the price. The print is fuzzy and the plastic has dimples and bumps all over it. Also it was cut incorrectly for the flashers. There are registration holes (not really registration but marks where to cut) and they cut them uneven. Do not waste your money on this mod, simply message the person that redrew it, print it and install.

#1799 8 years ago

Hmm.. I've been looking for that cityscape -- I wonder who redrew it.. I'd love to pick one up as well.. guess I'm going back through 36 pages unless anyone who knows would be so kind as to pm me

#1800 8 years ago

The cityscape backsplash is on Ebay.
Its from John, who is a fellow pinsider

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 37.50
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.