IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 219.
#1402 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

How does one lift the mini playfield?

always lift with your knees, never with your back

#1403 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Unscrew the knurled screw on the left hand side (between rubber ring) and lift up. It hinges on the back. IIRC the screw is captive so you don't need to pull it right out.

#1404 9 years ago

The screw in my Shadow is not captive and falls out so be careful. Also when lifting the mini-playfield from the front you will most likely have to pull the wireform that delivers the ball up to the playfield back and away to clear the plastic shroud.

#1405 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

There's a screw lock, knurled outside. Undo that and then it hinges upwards.

Edit: oops too slow

#1406 9 years ago

Ok thanks everyone have a couple leds in there that go in and out so just want to adjust

#1407 9 years ago

Man this is a good game!! I just had a 6 way combo hitting all rings and then a double shadow loop felt good!! Hard darn game though

#1408 9 years ago

Shadow is #1 luckily many dismiss it because of the translite artwork and movie. Pretty shallow reasons. Pound for pound the best playing game out there!

#1409 9 years ago

Trying to join the club Looking in md pa va. Anyone share an led map in theirs ? Game looks great in greens and purple

#1410 9 years ago

Just joined the club yesterday, what a great game!image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#1411 9 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

I haven't seen a couple of the mods I've done so I wanted to share. Red LED eyes in the phurbas tied to the rings. The left eyes tied to the left rings and right eyes tied to the right rings. I also added LED strips under the diverters. I have blue under the left and red under the right. Looks cooler in person but the photo will give you an idea.

IMG_20150223_205407.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

holy purpleredness batman. do you have any white bulbs in that game?

#1412 9 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

I haven't seen a couple of the mods I've done so I wanted to share. Red LED eyes in the phurbas tied to the rings. The left eyes tied to the left rings and right eyes tied to the right rings. I also added LED strips under the diverters. I have blue under the left and red under the right. Looks cooler in person but the photo will give you an idea.

IMG_20150223_205407.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I dig them lights under the diverters. Awesome job.

#1413 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

holy purpleredness batman. do you have any white bulbs in that game?

Haha, I like a suntan when I play. I'm not done yet. I've added blue lights in all the star posts that I swapped out to blue. The posts on the slingshots go off when activated but the rest always stay on. I'm still working on the battlefield. All the targets will be translucent red with red LEDs behind them. I had to hook up lights to the service port as I started blowing fuses.

#1415 9 years ago

Here's a full playfield shot to give a better idea. I'll post the finished product when I'm done. It'll be a while as I have to move at the end of the month and have a TOM arriving Wednesday.
IMG_20150302_183810.jpgIMG_20150302_183810.jpg

#1416 9 years ago

I'm planning to give Titan Pinball's new silicone rings a try. With that in mind, I took the rubber ring list from the manual and updated to reflect what I see on my game (noted below). If anyone here has re-rubbered their Shadow, did the rubber sizes from the manual (shown below) work out OK for you?:

• Flipper rings x3 [manual incorrectly calls for 2]
  • Post Sleeves x6
  • 7/16 Inch O.D. rings x2 (manual calls for Part No. 23-6694-1 which it says is a 3/32" ring. Most sites seem to identify 23-6694-1 as a 7/16" ID ring so that's what I'm looking at here)
  • 5/16 Inch I.D. rings x5 (manual calls for 3, I added 2 for outlane posts)
  • 3/4 Inch I.D. rings x2
  • 1 Inch I.D. rings x2
  • 1 1/4 Inch I.D. ring x1
  • 2 1/2 Inch I.D. rings x2
#1417 9 years ago

Shadow rocks. gets better All the time.

#1418 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Shadow rocks. gets better All the time.

YEP COULDN'T AGREE MORE. I HAVE A BUNCH OF DECENT GAMES BUT THE SHADOW JUST HAS THAT POWERFUL FEEL TO IT.

#1419 9 years ago

Ok. Been eyeing if for a year. Saw many here but none close enough and shipping was stopping me. Made an exhaustive 11-1/2 hour round trip today(8 hours driving) and it's finally here!

Got a great price. It's in great shape outside and in. Few cab scuffs. All inserts are great. Slight divot in the sanctum that will need addressing. Also a trough issue. Nothing major, thouh. Too tired tonight but hope to be playing very soon!image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1420 9 years ago

Getting ready to replace the backbox decals on my Shadow. The old ones are pretty ugly as can be seen in the pictures. Not sure why, but someone had drilled holes on the one side. I will fill in the holes before painting, and clean up/paint the bolt heads too. Is semi-gloss black the paint to use on the backbox?

If anyone has done this before, please share any tips, tricks, precautions from your experience. Thanks!

IMG_20150308_125514.jpgIMG_20150308_125514.jpg IMG_20150308_120210.jpgIMG_20150308_120210.jpg IMG_20150308_120235.jpgIMG_20150308_120235.jpg IMG_20150308_121706.jpgIMG_20150308_121706.jpg
#1421 9 years ago
Quoted from Memphis777:

If anyone has done this before, please share any tips, tricks, precautions from your experience. Thanks!

The Rustoleum 2x semigloss seems to be a good match for the b/w cab black. It's hard to get just right sometimes, but usually you can do it with multiple even coats. Make sure you sand everything super smooth and double check before you redecal because you can see even the most minute imperfections under the new decals.

#1422 9 years ago

How do I go about joining. I traded my pretty worn T2 for The Shadow and haven't looked back! What a game!!!!!

#1423 9 years ago
Quoted from Bishop:

How do I go about joining. I traded my pretty worn T2 for The Shadow and haven't looked back! What a game!!!!!

Congrats. I think pics are all that's needed for club entry.

#1424 9 years ago

While i'm here I have a question and this is probably the best place to find an answer. So happy to have finally gotten my Shadow and it is in very good condition but it is missing the knurled lockdown screw for the Battlefield. Does anyone know where I can track one down?

#1425 9 years ago
Quoted from Memphis777:

Getting ready to replace the backbox decals on my Shadow.... If anyone has done this before, please share any tips, tricks, precautions from your experience.

I've never redone decals, but if I were going to I'd read through Bryan Kelly's awesome thread on his restoration process. Lots of good details on cabinet prep and decal installation (along with many other subjects) from a total pro. Here's a link to a few posts where he's talking about removing the old decals, prepping the cabinet, and installing the new decals:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-restoration-started#post-1075201

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-restoration-started/page/2#post-1079772

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-restoration-started/page/5#post-1107311

#1426 9 years ago

Weird about those drill marks. My shadow has the same type of mark on the cab. Odd.

#1427 9 years ago

Just got to the Final Battle mode where all 5 balls (or is it 6?) are in play and 30 seconds ball save. Got all but 2 shots. Score was 1.5Billion. What a rush. Such a fantastic game.

And unlike other games when you "complete" them, I want to play it again straight away.

The ramp diverters are genius.

#1428 9 years ago

Those drill marks... I have them too. The only idea I came up with regarding those holes is that there was a plastic holder of sorts screwed into the board holding either flyers or some other paperwork as mine still had some plastic left.

#1429 9 years ago

sometimes you see a gam that has a clear piece of plastic protecting the tax stamp.

And it's usually drilled right into the cabinet. Could be the case here

#1430 9 years ago

Good info, thanks all, I will try to tackle it this weekend. I stopped by Lowes but all they had for paint was gloss and satin.

#1431 9 years ago
Quoted from Bishop:

Those drill marks... I have them too. The only idea I came up with regarding those holes is that there was a plastic holder of sorts screwed into the board holding either flyers or some other paperwork as mine still had some plastic left.

Yep. Mine too. Seems like bluish green plastic residue inside the drill holes. Really weird.

#1432 9 years ago

It's really hard to take a good picture of a pin with your phone, but for what it's worth I recently installed the Pinballbulbs kit and it's pretty awesome.

So far since getting the game I've added new rubbers, balls, invisiglass, backboard vinyl, target decals, rebuilt the target wall assembly with new plunger, coil, and pivot piece.

This is easily the hardest game in my collection. I love it.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1433 9 years ago

Joining the club this weekend...Looking for a copy of the manual if someone has one to sell.

#1434 9 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

It's really hard to take a good picture of a pin with your phone, but for what it's worth I recently installed the Pinballbulbs kit and it's pretty awesome.
So far since getting the game I've added new rubbers, balls, invisiglass, backboard vinyl, target decals, rebuilt the target wall assembly with new plunger, coil, and pivot piece.
This is easily the hardest game in my collection. I love it.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

get some mirror blades man. Changes the look of the game bigtime. I will try to remember to snap a few pics of mine when I get home and post them. Where'd ya get the backboard vinyl?

#1435 9 years ago

who cares

#1436 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

get some mirror blades man.

Even better: For Shadow, get black chrome mirror blades! Fits the dark overall look of TS very well.

#1437 9 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Even better: For Shadow, get black chrome mirror blades! Fits the dark overall look of TS very well.

I tried those they do look better than the painted wood but they dont reflect the light nearly as well or the balls traveling along the ramps and if you scratch it your f'd

#1438 9 years ago

I added a pinballbulbs led strip (flipper size) to the back of the battlefield sign and wired it to the flasher on the battlefield. Whole battlefield lights up every time it flashes, got the idea from troutfarm. It works really really well.

#1439 9 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a cheap replacement mongol? Lost a sword on one of mine...

#1440 9 years ago

nope. There are only a couple places that sell the Monguls and you're looking $30 a piece or $80 for a set of 3.

#1441 9 years ago

I want to know where you can find the battlefield lockdown screw or a similar replacement.

#1442 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Anyone know where I can get a cheap replacement mongol? Lost a sword on one of mine...

I just used one of these...

peeweehermannojacket.jpgpeeweehermannojacket.jpg
#1443 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

peeweehermannojacket.jpg

This is even better than my Gumby idea.

#1444 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

peeweehermannojacket.jpg

Where did you find that Farley Claymore figurine?!?

#1445 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Not sure if this qualifies as cheap but PPS and Marco have the individual figurines in stock:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-9248
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9248

Alternately you could throw up a WTB, I was able to pick one up a bit cheaper that way.

#1446 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

get some mirror blades man. Changes the look of the game bigtime. I will try to remember to snap a few pics of mine when I get home and post them.

Have you had any trouble with the mirrors getting scraped up when you raise and lower the playfield? I thought I read somewhere that the Shadow has a pretty tight playfield fit and is tough on mirror blades for that reason.

#1447 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I tried those they do look better than the painted wood but they dont reflect the light nearly as well or the balls traveling along the ramps and if you scratch it your f'd

Did you try the high-end version or some simpler solution? Seen a lot of really bad ones, even ones made from clear plastic just painted black on the backside (???). Scratches are kind of the same as with standard chrome. I think they even scratch less because the black coating is titanium-carbon-nitride which should be extremely hard (and makes them silly expensive... ).

#1448 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Have you had any trouble with the mirrors getting scraped up when you raise and lower the playfield? I thought I read somewhere that The Shadow has a pretty tight playfield fit and is tough on mirror blades for that reason.

It always depends on the individual machine. Mine has lots of space, more than most other WPCs.

Then again i can't mount blades in my LotR, tried it, no chance at all.

#1449 9 years ago

Just had a 2.1bn game - no extra ball, no Final Battle jackpot. Just Vengeance and loop combos all the way.

This game is seriously good. It's really hard to fault.

#1450 9 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Did you try the high-end version or some simpler solution? Seen a lot of really bad ones, even ones made from clear plastic just painted black on the backside (???). Scratches are kind of the same as with standard chrome. I think they even scratch less because the black coating is titanium-carbon-nitride which should be extremely hard (and makes them silly expensive... ).

pinball side mirrors was the brand. that black will scratch off if the PF rubs it. Unlike the standard, it cant be buffed out. I did scratch the normal ones I have in there now but its very small and you have to look to find it. I think this is one of the higher value mods you can do. It just makes the machine look so much better especially with leds in it. I did my spiderman too and its awesome. Gonna be selling tit too. here is the bladed SM with twin color matching smds in the inserts and single smds for GI. It screams "buy me" doesnt it? It blows compared to shadow as far as gameplay goes though.

cometspiderman.jpgcometspiderman.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.