IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 219.
#10451 11 months ago
Quoted from Iamthelaw:

Is the shooter firing twice at start up normal?

Mine too.

#10452 11 months ago

Mine also knocked twice at start up.

#10453 11 months ago

Very strange… I remember my shooter fired twice as well. Maybe it’s in the software/code?

#10454 11 months ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Not at all. Sounds like you have something going on there. Time for a closer look.

Are you able to double check your Shadow, as I've never seen one that hasn't double fired the plunger on power up? What version of code do you have?

#10455 11 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Are you able to double check your Shadow, as I've never seen one that hasn't double fired the plunger on power up? What version of code do you have?

It is at my vacation house. Now you have me curious. I will have to confirm.

#10456 11 months ago

Mine fires twice

#10457 11 months ago

Pinsound will be making my Epic mix for Shadow available to download soon!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr5nZTuobCx/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

#10458 11 months ago

Not at all. Sounds like you have something going on there. Time for a closer look.

Mines always done that too. Not that I have seen it for a year thanks to CashMoney

#10459 11 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Pinsound just made my Epic mix for The Shadow available to download!
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr5nZTuobCx/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Maybe I am blind but the newest pack I find on pinsound-community is from 2021.
So where can I download yours?

#10460 11 months ago
Quoted from Nano271:

Maybe I am blind but the newest pack I find on pinsound-community is from 2021.
So where can I download yours?

No.. I thought it was posted, but just now realizing it’s a “coming soon” download on the website.

My bad.

#10461 11 months ago

I'm temporarily exiting the club, but will rejoin soon.

Meantime, I am considering selling a few items -

Aurich Translite, Speaker Panel, and magnetic apron overlay combo, sold as a set only: Open to offers (the buyer wants all original, *headslap*)
Pin2DMD with JediMasterMatt's most excellent colorization - comes activated with cable/z-connector: $275 (again buyer saved $100 for going orange DMD, ugh no accounting for taste..)
I also have a ton of extra plastics that I will fish out and post pics of later this week, stay tuned.

Any interest please PM me and thanks for reading.

#10463 11 months ago

It is at my vacation house. Now you have me curious. I will have to confirm.

Just played my Shadow at my vacation house. It does fire the auto plunger twice at start up. It also centers the kicker on the mini playfield. The centering of the kicker is more noticeable. So much so. I never noticed the auto plunge going on before today.

#10464 11 months ago

Yes I’m in the club. Thank you for the early Christmas present from my mother in law

IMG_0124 (resized).jpegIMG_0124 (resized).jpegIMG_0127 (resized).jpegIMG_0127 (resized).jpegIMG_0128 (resized).jpegIMG_0128 (resized).jpegIMG_0129 (resized).jpegIMG_0129 (resized).jpeg
#10465 11 months ago
Quoted from smognote:

Yes I’m in the club. Thank you for the early Christmas present from my mother in law
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wait what!? Your MIL bought you a Shadow?

#10466 11 months ago
Quoted from smognote:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does your wife have a sister?

#10467 11 months ago

I love the replys . Yeah I am truly lucky that her parents are cool as hell!

#10468 11 months ago

The left inlane guide on my Shadow keeps shifting over time after realigning it. It's annoying to fix it so you have a smooth transition from the inlane to the flipper and then have it gradually move over time so it results in a bump. Is there a trick to prevent this?

#10469 11 months ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

The left inlane guide on my Shadow keeps shifting over time after realigning it. It's annoying to fix it so you have a smooth transition from the inlane to the flipper and then have it gradually move over time so it results in a bump. Is there a trick to prevent this?

Tighten down snug. If it is worn, it might warrant Cliffy inlanes.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/shadow.htm

Otherwise use Titan slim flipper rings (aka low bounce)

#10470 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Tighten down snug. If it is worn, it might warrant Cliffy inlanes.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/shadow.htm
Otherwise use Titan slim flipper rings (aka low bounce)

Should have mentioned that I installed the cliffy inlanes too. I could look into the width of the flipper rings you suggested, that sounds worth trying.

#10471 11 months ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

Should have mentioned that I installed the cliffy inlanes too. I could look into the width of the flipper rings you suggested, that sounds worth trying.

My TWD did this from the factory and the low bounce flipper rings did the trick for me. They're thinner than traditional sized flipper rings and might help smooth out the transition a little bit more.

1 week later
#10472 11 months ago

Recently got a shadow again. It’s actually the best playing one I have had but I noticed a chipped portion that is driving me crazy. Of course the seller did not mention it. Any ideas on how to protect this area from further damage?

5205F005-7EE5-4825-9B18-9CCDD2DF439F (resized).jpeg5205F005-7EE5-4825-9B18-9CCDD2DF439F (resized).jpeg
#10473 11 months ago

Small piece of mylar?

#10474 11 months ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Of course the seller did not mention it. [quoted image]

Oh man speaking of, you should have seen the godawful sanctum bondo that was hidden by a decal when I bought mine, dropped the ball straight down the middle every time because it messed with the opto interaction. Had to pull it up and actually patch it right

#10475 11 months ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Recently got a shadow again. It’s actually the best playing one I have had but I noticed a chipped portion that is driving me crazy. Of course the seller did not mention it. Any ideas on how to protect this area from further damage? [quoted image]

I'm sure this is not functional for all. But I would fill it with automotive clear out of a syringe the next time I was clear coating a playfield. I believe others may use some sort of nail polish (Harder than Nails) possibly?

#10476 11 months ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I'm sure this is not functional for all. But I would fill it with automotive clear out of a syringe the next time I was clear coating a playfield. I believe others may use some sort of nail polish (Harder than Nails) possibly?

That is what I would do too. Before that I would use a black paint pin and redo the missing key line.

#10477 11 months ago

The black key line as well prior to syringe.

#10478 11 months ago

Thanks for the tips!!! I’ll try that this weekend

#10479 10 months ago

While waiting for next translite bach from Aurich, I'm working on a 1/18 reproduction of the Shadow cab, next steps : 3D modelisation of the taxi sign and side decals !

IMG_20230527_155756 (resized).jpgIMG_20230527_155756 (resized).jpg
#10480 10 months ago

Getting a lot of air balls on the left side when those two stand up targets are bashed. Occasionally it’s so wild that it jumps over the left flipper and drains. I’ve already had one ring break because of it. Does anyone have suggestions on how to stop the air balls?

#10481 10 months ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Getting a lot of air balls on the left side when those two stand up targets are bashed. Occasionally it’s so wild that it jumps over the left flipper and drains. I’ve already had one ring break because of it. Does anyone have suggestions on how to stop the air balls?

Bend the target bracket forward a little bit (towards the player) and/or replace the target foam behind the target face.

#10482 10 months ago
Quoted from Furylax:

While waiting for next translite bach from Aurich, I'm working on a 1/18 reproduction of the Shadow cab, next steps : 3D modelisation of the taxi sign and side decals !
[quoted image]

What is this model of taxi called?

#10483 10 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

What is this model of taxi called?

In the movie, It's a 1936 cord 810 westchester sedan but I'm using a 1937 convertible model as I didn't find the original : ebay.com link: itm (don't trust the ebay item title, it's not a 812 westchester)

Base is full black and white but with car covering technique it works like a charm.

#10484 10 months ago

I had been in contact with Dan Forden a few years ago and I had made a joke about hiring him to remaster some of his pinball music and sounds… Well I reached out last year and asked If he would be willing to do any freelance work. Him being THE Dan Fordan and busy with modern games, he asked me to reach out mid year and see where he was project wise.. Well I’m just updating the Shadow club as I feel what was once a joke, could potentially happen one day. Pretty cool for the hobby.

IMG_5442 (resized).jpegIMG_5442 (resized).jpegIMG_5443 (resized).jpegIMG_5443 (resized).jpeg

#10485 10 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I had been in contact with Dan Fordan a few years ago and had joked with him about hiring him to remaster some of his pinball music and sounds… Well I reached out last year and asked how I could hire him to do so… him being THE Dan Fordan (busy with games) asked me to reach out mid year and see where he is project wise.. Well I’m just updating the Shadow club as I feel what was a joke could potentially happen one day. Pretty cool for the hobby.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that would be freaking cool! Please keep sharing updates!

#10486 10 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I had been in contact with Dan Fordan a few years ago and had joked with him about hiring him to remaster some of his pinball music and sounds… Well I reached out last year and asked how I could hire him to do so… him being THE Dan Fordan (busy with games) asked me to reach out mid year and see where he is project wise.. Well I’m just updating the Shadow club as I feel what was a joke could potentially happen one day. Pretty cool for the hobby.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s awesome! That’s for carrying the torch!

1 week later
#10487 10 months ago

I’m getting ready to shop my Shadow and was wondering if anyone has used mantis amusements ramps and how their experience was? Mine are beat to hell. Also wanting opinions on wireform colors. Have considered having them done in black but the brass looks nice also. I’ve seen a lot of people say doing them black throws off the colors in the game. And lastly does anyone make a full plastic protector for this game or am I only going to get a partial set of protectors?

#10488 10 months ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

was wondering if anyone has used mantis amusements ramps and how their experience was?

Not for your game. Everything I've ever gotten from Mantis has been great and better than original.

LTG : )

#10489 10 months ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I’m getting ready to shop my Shadow and was wondering if anyone has used mantis amusements ramps and how their experience was? Mine are beat to hell. Also wanting opinions on wireform colors. Have considered having them done in black but the brass looks nice also. I’ve seen a lot of people say doing them black throws off the colors in the game. And lastly does anyone make a full plastic protector for this game or am I only going to get a partial set of protectors?

I replaced both of mine with Mantis and have had no issues at all. Solid construction none of the weld issues from the originals. They will last a lifetime.

#10490 10 months ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

The mantis ramps are great! They’ll take thousands of games without any issues. I have their ball trough upgrade as well and it eliminated the problems I was having with balls getting stuck and/or lost after they drain.

#10491 10 months ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

All my habitrails are powder coated gloss black and it only makes it look better imo, in no way does it throw it off.

IMG_2411 (resized).jpegIMG_2411 (resized).jpegIMG_3590 (resized).jpegIMG_3590 (resized).jpegIMG_3640 (resized).jpegIMG_3640 (resized).jpegIMG_3643 (resized).jpegIMG_3643 (resized).jpegIMG_3644 (resized).jpegIMG_3644 (resized).jpegIMG_3649 (resized).jpegIMG_3649 (resized).jpegIMG_4286 (resized).jpegIMG_4286 (resized).jpeg
#10492 10 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

All my habitrails are powder coated gloss black and it only makes it look better imo, in no way does it throw it off.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow looks amazing! How you lighted to look like that? Super slick! Congrats my friend!

#10493 10 months ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

Wow looks amazing! How you lighted to look like that? Super slick! Congrats my friend!

Thanks! I installed many 6 smd LED square pads from Comet, as well as probably 10 different led strips as well as ultra brite LEDs for the GI, and spotlights everywhere. The mirror blades makes it even more impressive.

#10494 10 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

All my habitrails are powder coated gloss black and it only makes it look better imo, in no way does it throw it off.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A unique looking Shadow! Very Batman/Gotham noir.

#10495 10 months ago

Just picked up The Shadow this past Sunday! It needs some work to get it back to playing and looking 100%, but I am ready to battle The Shadow soon! That being said, I have made a parts list and have not been able to find the following game-specific parts:

- Mini playfield target metal catch (to attach it to the playfield when in the down position)
- Gray sanctum sticker. This section in my game is pretty worn, so looking at going this route rather than the black circle. Is this available from a U.S. vendor? I have only found options from oversea.
- Lamps for the rings

Let me know if y'all have any idea where I can find these parts. Thanks in advance!

#10496 10 months ago
Quoted from TiltDis:

Lamps for the rings

Marco has them. I got mines from them.

#10497 10 months ago
Quoted from TiltDis:

- Gray sanctum sticker.

Only Ministry of Pinball has them at the moment, or Pinball Center in Germany.

#10498 10 months ago

It’s unfortunate that some donut installed this post (I just removed), but at least the hole left behind is in a black patch of the playfield.

Has anybody elses machine had this done to it?

IMG_1997 (resized).jpegIMG_1997 (resized).jpeg
#10499 10 months ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

It’s unfortunate that some donut installed this post (I just removed), but at least the hole left behind is in a black patch of the playfield.
[quoted image]

That is a pet peeve of mine. I hate it when people do that. I had a BoP that way. It drove me nuts until I did a total restore that included a new playfield.

#10500 10 months ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

[quoted image]

I haven’t, but I got a good laugh at the usage of “donut” here and plan to steal it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.