IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7705 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0617 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0618 (resized).jpeg
shadow-repairdone (resized).jpg
IMG_4396 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,922 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 219.
#10401 1 year ago

Wow, that's awesome, can't wait for another batch of Aurich alternate translite !
I juste added a pin2dmd to mine and oh boy, I rediscover it !

shadowdmd (resized).pngshadowdmd (resized).png
#10402 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Lighting is pure preference. But for what it's worth if you're using my translite it will look accurate to the design with cool white LEDs behind it. If you change that up because you like it better in some other configuration that's a-okay with me, whole point of modding a game is to make it yours and be happy with how it feels. But that is how it "should" look if that matters to you.
I personally run cool white in my GI, with LED-lit purple posts and purple flasher covers on the ramps. So I leaned into the cooler side of things.
[quoted image]

Mine came with cool white in the backbox, I’m ok with that as it looks good to me with your translite. It’s the playfield GI that I prefer warm white in with the older games 90’s< But I have custom lighting in my room that lights up playfields without glare.

#10403 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Mine came with cool white in the backbox, I’m ok with that as it looks good to me with your translite. It’s the playfield GI that I prefer warm white in with the older games 90’s< But I have custom lighting in my room that lights up playfields without glare.

Well that's a different story, I use warm white under plastics with warm tones (red, yellow, orange..) then cool white under cool tones (blue, green, purple...).

#10404 1 year ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Well that's a different story, I use warm white under plastics with warm tones (red, yellow, orange..) then cool white under cool tones (blue, green, purple...).

Good illumination when game is off, lighting can be cool white to very warm white and dimmed. No glare as lighting behind player.

5935145A-D4DD-43CA-9A94-3FBB764072F5 (resized).jpeg5935145A-D4DD-43CA-9A94-3FBB764072F5 (resized).jpegDBDE3A24-5B58-4C9C-BA42-BB1B72EAF26F (resized).jpegDBDE3A24-5B58-4C9C-BA42-BB1B72EAF26F (resized).jpeg
#10405 1 year ago

Mine has Retro 44/47 Warm Whites from Cointaker in the GI and I think it looks great. Modern but retro.

3A8401DF-0B64-4050-9E4C-E58AB213B864 (resized).jpeg3A8401DF-0B64-4050-9E4C-E58AB213B864 (resized).jpeg
#10406 1 year ago
Quoted from Furylax:

Wow, that's awesome, can't wait for another batch of Aurich alternate translite !
I juste added a pin2dmd to mine and oh boy, I rediscover it ![quoted image]

Glad you got the Pin2DMD up and running. Throw a Pinsound board in it and enjoy it with Jerry Goldsmith’s outstanding soundtrack.

#10407 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Mine has Retro 44/47 Warm Whites from Cointaker in the GI and I think it looks great. Modern but retro.
[quoted image]

I like the look of that

#10408 1 year ago

Anyone ever have an issue where the Sanctum multiball only gives one ball? Just started happening yesterday.

#10409 1 year ago

I do sometimes but no idea why so interested by the feedback !

#10410 1 year ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Glad you got the Pin2DMD up and running. Throw a Pinsound board in it and enjoy it with Jerry Goldsmith’s outstanding soundtrack.

Where do we find Jerry Goldsmith's track? I only see 4 on the community site.

#10411 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Anyone ever have an issue where the Sanctum multiball only gives one ball? Just started happening yesterday.

Are all 3 of the lockup switches working in switch test mode? Also, if your balls are starting to magnetize they can get stuck on those switches and won't advance properly.

#10412 1 year ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Where do we find Jerry Goldsmith's track? I only see 4 on the community site.

Check Jedimasters pack. His is the movie score.

#10413 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Check Jedimasters pack. His is the movie score.

If you don't mind my friend, can you share the link? I couldn't find it, thanks!

#10414 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:Anyone ever have an issue where the Sanctum multiball only gives one ball? Just started happening yesterday.

I experienced something similar, for me one of the 3 switches was not closing properly when the balls were locked, I can't recall with one, but I removed the plate holding them all 3, checked and adjusted the switches and it went better after. It could also be a wire or diode un-soldered !

#10415 1 year ago

sold

#10417 1 year ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

If you don't mind my friend, can you share the link? I couldn't find it, thanks!

That's the one I have. It's awesome.

https://www.pinsound-community.org/index.php?/files/category/37-the-shadow/

#10418 1 year ago

You should try mine. 60 hours spent on it.

1 week later
#10419 11 months ago

Anyone still selling gun grips on wood for this machine?

#10420 11 months ago

Shopping out my game and cant remember where this goes! Can anyone help?

0487A6D4-92A3-4E0F-9CB7-D66F5D6A75D6 (resized).jpeg0487A6D4-92A3-4E0F-9CB7-D66F5D6A75D6 (resized).jpeg3F87A0CE-40DD-49B6-B9B2-957A524D6668 (resized).jpeg3F87A0CE-40DD-49B6-B9B2-957A524D6668 (resized).jpeg
#10421 11 months ago

Kind of hard to see, but that appears to be the piece that goes under the right wire form off the right ramp diverter.

511B3872-1FE9-4DA5-BE40-D777EBB36D7D (resized).jpeg511B3872-1FE9-4DA5-BE40-D777EBB36D7D (resized).jpeg
#10422 11 months ago

Hello Shadowmens !

I've watched the movie with Alec Baldwin and was a good surprise ! I expected a really bad experience but not at all !
It reminds me the Nolan's Batman movie which picked my curiosity. I did some research and find out that The shadow was created before Batman so i was wondering if - somehow- The shadow inspired DC

Anyway, for all Shadow owner, you should look at this movie, just for getting the references !
I enjoy it twice now

#10423 11 months ago
Quoted from Furylax:

Hello Shadowmens !
I've watched the movie with Alec Baldwin and was a good surprise ! I expected a really bad experience but not at all !
It reminds me the Nolan's Batman movie which picked my curiosity. I did some research and find out that The shadow was created before Batman so i was wondering if - somehow- The shadow inspired DC
Anyway, for all Shadow owner, you should look at this movie, just for getting the references !
I enjoy it twice now

Check out the radio show too.

#10424 11 months ago

jonesjb man, I tried but the audio is pretty ass

#10425 11 months ago

Hey Shadow club. I'm shopping and reconditioning a Shadow and have run into a snag. The mini playfield appears to be too far forward, causing the ball to exit the vuk wireform right into the adjacent target and glance off it (pics 1 & 2). The mini playfield is resting on the two upright supports at the front and can't lower any more. The backboard also shows that it isn't lowered enough by not lining up with the backboard of the main playfield (pic 3). I don't see any adjustment for the playfield to move forward/back not any way to adjust the height of the uprights.

The only disassembly that I have done to the mini playfield was to remove the drop target assembly, clean it, and reinstall.

(It appears that I have some decal adjustment to do as well...)

Does anyone have some thoughts on what is going on here?

IMG_3429 (resized).jpgIMG_3429 (resized).jpg

IMG_3430 (resized).jpgIMG_3430 (resized).jpg

IMG_3428 (resized).jpgIMG_3428 (resized).jpg

#10426 11 months ago

You were about to get the thumb screw back in like that?

#10427 11 months ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Hey Shadow club. I'm shopping and reconditioning a Shadow and have run into a snag. The mini playfield appears to be too far forward, causing the ball to exit the vuk wireform right into the adjacent target and glance off it (pics 1 & 2). The mini playfield is resting on the two upright supports at the front and can't lower any more. The backboard also shows that it isn't lowered enough by not lining up with the backboard of the main playfield (pic 3). I don't see any adjustment for the playfield to move forward/back not any way to adjust the height of the uprights.
The only disassembly that I have done to the mini playfield was to remove the drop target assembly, clean it, and reinstall.
(It appears that I have some decal adjustment to do as well...)
Does anyone have some thoughts on what is going on here?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Can you take a picture of the full upper PF showing the left side? Can you get the post to screw in fully to hold it in place? I wonder if it's not lined up properly and/or not resting correctly.

#10428 11 months ago

Hey Shadow club. I'm shopping and reconditioning a Shadow and have run into a snag. The mini playfield appears to be too far forward

UPDATE - I held the front of the mini pf and pushed the backboard, bending the supports attached to the backboard, which enabled me to at least get the backboards to line up. The playfield is a bit more forward and now sometimes the ball clips the target and sometimes it doesn't. The support posts are more difficult to line up now with the playfield more forward. It should be even farther forward to get the wireform in the middle of the opening, or the VUK wireform should move back, but that isn't possible.

Quoted from tiltmonster:

Can you take a picture of the full upper PF showing the left side? Can you get the post to screw in fully to hold it in place? I wonder if it's not lined up properly and/or not resting correctly.

Yes, I can get the post screw in but I have to reach in and move the post forward to get it to line up (not easy under there!)

Here are more pics including what it looks like beneath the mini PF.

IMG_3431 (resized).jpgIMG_3431 (resized).jpg

IMG_3432 (resized).jpgIMG_3432 (resized).jpg

IMG_3433 (resized).jpgIMG_3433 (resized).jpg

#10429 11 months ago

UPDATE - I held the front of the mini pf and pushed the backboard, bending the supports attached to the backboard, which enabled me to at least get the backboards to line up. The playfield is a bit more forward and now sometimes the ball clips the target and sometimes it doesn't. The support posts are more difficult to line up now with the playfield more forward. It should be even farther forward to get the wireform in the middle of the opening, or the VUK wireform should move back, but that isn't possible.

Yes, I can get the post screw in but I have to reach in and move the post forward to get it to line up (not easy under there!)
Here are more pics including what it looks like beneath the mini PF.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Put two washers under the VUK wireform, specifically under the front part. It will properly line up the VUK.

#10430 11 months ago

Hi again guys, keep going with my shadow refurbishment and I'm looking for HD files of anything related to the shadow in order to make me a protection of the glass. Do you know where I can find HD quality visuals of the comics ?
everything I found is quite bad

#10431 11 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Put two washers under the VUK wireform, specifically under the front part. It will properly line up the VUK.

This is a most excellent suggestion, @jonesjb! I will give this a try and report back in a couple days.

I don't remember this being an issue before I started the refurb but maybe I simply wasn't paying attention.

#10432 11 months ago

This is a most excellent suggestion, jonesjb! I will give this a try and report back in a couple days.
I don't remember this being an issue before I started the refurb but maybe I simply wasn't paying attention.

i think they all line up like this. ive always heard washers is the fix.

#10433 11 months ago

Does anyone have a metal upper playfield guard from Pinball Plating for sale? He is out of stock. My original plastic one is broken. I would like to find one in black nickel. If you have one to sell or know of one PM me.

shadow (resized).jpegshadow (resized).jpeg

#10434 11 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

i think they all line up like this. ive always heard washers is the fix.

Mine needs washers. The mini playfied lines up properly but I need like 4 washers on the nearest side (to the player) of the VUK in order for the wireform to line up properly.

#10435 11 months ago
Quoted from ita47:

Does anyone have a metal upper playfield guard from Pinball Plating for sale? He is out of stock. My original plastic one is broken. I would like to find one in black nickel. If you have one to sell or know of one PM me.
[quoted image]

I’m looking for the same, any colour really as long as it’s metal

#10436 11 months ago
Quoted from ita47:

[quoted image]

Have you emailed him to see if he can make more? He had the plastic one to model the metal ones from. Not sure why he couldn’t make more of them.

#10437 11 months ago

Having an issue where the mini playfield drop targets won’t pop back up during battlefield. You hit a target one time and it stays down. Everything works in test so it has me stumped. Any thoughts?

#10438 11 months ago

Hi Gang,
Do you know where the 7268 bulb socket that are inserted in the shadow rings can be found ? I need to buy a pair or more, usual pinball spare sites only sell the bulbs but the sockets I couldn’t find. Thanks for your hints or propositions.

#10439 11 months ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Having an issue where the mini playfield drop targets won’t pop back up during battlefield. You hit a target one time and it stays down. Everything works in test so it has me stumped. Any thoughts?

First thought would be switch test.

Next would be solenoid test.

#10440 11 months ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Do the drop target optos register in switch test?

#10441 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

First thought would be switch test.
Next would be solenoid test.

Drop targets register in switch test. Coil fires and resets the targets in solenoid test.

#10442 11 months ago

Do the drop target optos register in switch test?

Yes.

#10443 11 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Done and solved! Thank you very much for the input.

#10444 11 months ago

Reseated the drop target board and it works again. Also, I noticed I am at LX-2 code. Ordered the LX-6 ROM.

#10445 11 months ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Reseated the drop target board and it works again. Also, I noticed I am at LX-2 code. Ordered the LX-6 ROM.

That was my next suggestion. Nice and easy fix!

2 weeks later
#10446 10 months ago

Found

Does anyone have an original translite and speaker panel for sale?

Thanks.

#10447 10 months ago
Quoted from Methos:

Does anyone have an original translite and speaker panel for sale?
Thanks.

Hey Mark. I've got them. I'll text you.

#10448 10 months ago

Is the shooter firing twice at start up normal?

#10449 10 months ago
Quoted from Iamthelaw:

Not at all. Sounds like you have something going on there. Time for a closer look.

#10450 10 months ago
Quoted from Iamthelaw:

Mine does that too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,895 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
There are 10,922 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/209 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.