IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 219.
#10351 1 year ago

The weed of crime bears bitter fruit

#10353 1 year ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Free shadow decal set if you post on this thread in less than 30 minutes

I could use a set!

#10354 1 year ago

Sweet! Thank you!

#10355 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Depends what you're comparing it to - all B/W WPC machines used the same tilt bob setup and all standard body WPC machines would be a similar weight.
There is no debounce capability or settings in WPC machines, so the tilt bob can trigger multiple times from a single nudge/slide. One way to address this is to use a foam earplug (you may need to cut it down) wedged in where the tilt bob pivots - what this does is to quickly deaden the swings to stop multiple tilt switch hits, yet it doesn't stop the tilt bob from swinging from the initial nudge

Just wanted to update this and say the ear plug trick worked perfectly for my machine. Tilt is now very fair and predictable. Thx for the help!!!!

#10356 1 year ago
Quoted from data_eastside:

Just wanted to update this and say the ear plug trick worked perfectly for my machine. Tilt is now very fair and predictable. Thx for the help!!!!

Do you have a picture of the ear plug trick?

#10357 1 year ago

I'm happy to say I've rejoined the club - only sold originally to pay for a GZ Premium. I've been able to buy one back
Aurich do you still offer the translite & speaker panel package?
Is there anyone still making metal battlefield surrounds to replace the plastic one?
Sonic I'll need to buy another MRS switch for the left ramp

#10358 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I'm happy to say I've rejoined the club - only sold originally to pay for a GZ Premium. I've been able to buy one back
Is there anyone still making metal battlefield surrounds to replace the plastic one?
Sonic I'll need to buy another MRS switch for the left ramp

Welcome back!

Get a Pinsound board and check out my sound pack I made.. Really changes the game for the better… makes it Epic!

Also… Aurich hasn’t made the translite for awhile now… although they come up for sale here in there on the forum.

I reached out to Pinballplating as he was the guy who made the Metal shrouds originally… Didn’t seem like it was coming back in the near time future… I’d love one for mine as well..

#10359 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Welcome back!
Get a Pinsound board and check out my sound pack I made.. Really changes the game for the better… makes it Epic!

Also… Aurich hasn’t made the translite for awhile now… although they come up for sale here in there on the forum.
I reached out to Pinballplating as he was the guy who made the Metal shrouds originally… Didn’t seem like it was coming back in the near time future… I’d love one for mine as well..

Im on the other side of the fence. Pinsound is so expensive and it changes NOTHING about the gameplay, just the sound and music. Not worth it to me. Lot of other mods to buy for that price. Just add a sub and youll be happy.

#10360 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Im on the other side of the fence. Pinsound is so expensive and it changes NOTHING about the gameplay, just the sound and music. Not worth it to me. Lot of other mods to buy for that price. Just add a sub and youll be happy.

Did you give the video a listen? Don’t knock it until you try it… The music and sounds will definitely immerse you deeper into the entire pinball playing experience. Yea.. it is expensive, but there’s a reason for it. My games aren’t going anywhere.. everything I buy, I buy to keep period. I sold my entire collection years ago and am now paying quadruple to get them all back. So I’m throwing everything I can find at each one of them ie; chrome plating, Pinsound, color dmd, PDI glass, tasteful mods etc etc.

“Just add a sub and you’ll be happy”. Ahhhh the sounds of highly compressed low bit rate thunder and gunshots from 1993 do hold a dear place in my heart as I used to say the exact same thing to people…. But once you have heard the difference… literally 4k audio wav files running through a 2.1 stereo sound with an entire EQ..(and a sub!) you simply cannot go back. Did I mention.. you can toggle between original score and custom mixes by just pressing the volume down button?

#10361 1 year ago

Pinsound is worth every penny. Have on on STTNG, Getaway and The Shadow.

#10362 1 year ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Pinsound is worth every penny. Have on on STTNG, Getaway and The Shadow.

You download my Pack?

#10363 1 year ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Do you have a picture of the ear plug trick?

Here you go. Below is video about it

eaplug (resized).jpgeaplug (resized).jpg
#10364 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Welcome back!

he was the second guy to make them, first guy that came up with the idea was across seas.

#10365 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Did you give the video a listen? Don’t knock it until you try it… The music and sounds will definitely immerse you deeper into the entire pinball playing experience. Yea.. it is expensive, but there’s a reason for it. My games aren’t going anywhere.. everything I buy, I buy to keep period. I sold my entire collection years ago and am now paying quadruple to get them all back. So I’m throwing everything I can find at each one of them ie; chrome plating, Pinsound, color dmd, PDI glass, tasteful mods etc etc.
“Just add a sub and you’ll be happy”. Ahhhh the sounds of highly compressed low bit rate thunder and gunshots from 1993 do hold a dear place in my heart as I used to say the exact same thing to people…. But once you have heard the difference… literally 4k audio wav files running through a 2.1 stereo sound with an entire EQ..(and a sub!) you simply cannot go back. Did I mention.. you can toggle between original score and custom mixes by just pressing the volume down button?

Ive listened to a bunch of reorchestrations. Considered it for my T2, Shadow, JP. Always something else I would rather spend the money on.

When I play games with pinsound at other peoples houses, it just seems out of place and wrong. Doesnt do it for me.

Not everyones opinion, I get it. Just sharing my thoughts.

#10366 1 year ago

About 15-20% of the time my start scene saucer rejects the shot. Anyone have a recommendation for making that percentage lower? I straightened out the switch actuator in the saucer hole and it seemed to help a bit, but it's still kicking out a decent amount. It's such a tight shot so there's nothing more frustrating than finally launching one into the saucer and having it spit out

#10367 1 year ago
Quoted from data_eastside:

Here you go. Below is video about it
[quoted image]

Great! Thanks.

#10368 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I used the little holders that came strapped to some grill tongs lol.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Funny enough, but not easy to replicate. Any other tricks ?

#10369 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

He has mentioned doing another run, but has been real busy. Here's the thread, it has a Google form you can add your name to for when he's ready to make more.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aurich-s-shadow-translite-final-run-last-call/page/7#post-7162270

#10370 1 year ago
Quoted from skuuun:

He has mentioned doing another run, but has been real busy. Here's the thread, it has a Google form you can add your name to for when he's ready to make more.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aurich-s-shadow-translite-final-run-last-call/page/7#post-7162270

Thank you, I have added myself there
Is there anyone doing a metal surround for the battlefield? I had a beautiful one from Twister last time but there was only 1 batch done

#10371 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thank you, I have added myself there
Is there anyone doing a metal surround for the battlefield? I had a beautiful one from Twister last time but there was only 1 batch done

Chris Royalty at http://www.pinballplating.com picked up doing them after Twister wasn't able to do a 2nd batch. Here's his plating thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballplatingcom-chrome-brass-black-nickel-powder-coating, which contains posts on his shroud for The Shadow. Haven't heard of anyone else doing them

#10372 1 year ago

Looks like he has the shrouds on his sister site, linked below, no details in the description though. I'd assume these are the plated metal ones, not just chromed plastic. He has said email is the best way to contact him with questions [email protected]

https://hotrodarcade.com/products/shadow-shroud

#10373 1 year ago
Quoted from skuuun:

Looks like he has the shrouds on his sister site, linked below, no details in the description though. I'd assume these are the plated metal ones, not just chromed plastic. He has said email is the best way to contact him with questions [email protected]
https://hotrodarcade.com/products/shadow-shroud

They’re listed but they aren’t available. Not really in stock.

#10374 1 year ago

Has anyone had the bumper on the upper PF (what you control with flipper buttons) come off? Is there any reason it can't be permanently attached, as super glue isn't holding up so I am planning to use gorilla glue.

#10375 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Has anyone had the bumper on the upper PF (what you control with flipper buttons) come off? Is there any reason it can't be permanently attached, as super glue isn't holding up so I am planning to use gorilla glue.

Supposed to be held in by 2 screws and 2 nuts

#10376 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Supposed to be held in by 2 screws and 2 nuts

You can see the hardware in this post a way back:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/205#post-7287025

#10377 1 year ago

Interesting. I see what happened now. The front part cleanly broke off the back piece where the screws mount. I'm just going to order a replacement. Thanks!

#10378 1 year ago

If anybody is repairing their Battlefield pinion gear and needs to source a new set screw, since the repair kit is out of stock and the replacement screw from pinballspareparts in Australia is super expensive when you factor in shipping, this screw can be purchased and lightly filed to fit in the pinion gear:
https://www.boltdepot.com/Set_screws_Allen_Half_dog_point_Alloy_steel_black_oxide_finish_6-32.aspx?Selected=25062

#10379 1 year ago

Does anybody have an extra Battlefield Shroud that they would part with? Or a source online? My game is missing that part and Chris over at Hot Rod Arcade is out of stock.

Many thanks.

EDIT: just saw a few other folks are also looking...

#10380 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Weird! The site will let you add to cart and go to checkout. I'm not ready to buy one yet otherwise I'd try actually ordering one lol.

#10381 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I do have trying to make another run on my list, just been hard to find time and energy to focus on it with all my projects—both personal and professional—that I'm juggling at the moment.

#10382 1 year ago

Shadow grail for anyone looking to upgrade. I also have a HUO shadow that has about 100 original plays, definitely don't need both and would part with either and keep the other.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “HUO Prototype Shadow This Shadow came straight from the designers office / home to a stern employees basement before arriving in my Gameroom. Playfield is extremely nice with no...”
2023-03-17
Fredericksburg, VA
8,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 711 times

#10383 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Yes Chris let me know he’s not sure when he can do another batch of battlefield shrouds as the fabricator isn’t responding to his messages - so it’ll be a while
If anyone has one they’d part with let me know please

#10384 1 year ago
Quoted from PachoHerrera:

If anybody is repairing their Battlefield pinion gear and needs to source a new set screw, since the repair kit is out of stock and the replacement screw from pinballspareparts in Australia is super expensive when you factor in shipping, this screw can be purchased and lightly filed to fit in the pinion gear:
https://www.boltdepot.com/Set_screws_Allen_Half_dog_point_Alloy_steel_black_oxide_finish_6-32.aspx?Selected=25062

https://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/pinion-repair-kit-the-shadow/

#10385 1 year ago

Would anybody be willing to take some measurements of their Battlefield Shroud? I am going to try to see if a local metal fabricator or buddy with a 3d printer can make them for me.

#10386 1 year ago

Would anybody be willing to take some measurements of their Battlefield Shroud? I am going to try to see if a local metal fabricator or buddy with a 3d printer can make them for me.

I got mine from pinballplating.com, black nickel (but he did have other finishes). Included the battlefield decal. Metal, welded. That thing is never going to move, beautiful piece! See if they still have some.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballplatingcom-chrome-brass-black-nickel-powder-coating/page/26#post-5719111

#10387 1 year ago

Picked one up today, very happy with it

4FE54B38-877D-422A-B971-C329F724DD1B (resized).jpeg4FE54B38-877D-422A-B971-C329F724DD1B (resized).jpeg
#10388 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I got mine from pinballplating.com, black nickel (but he did have other finishes). Included the battlefield decal. Metal, welded. That thing is never going to move, beautiful piece! See if they still have some.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballplatingcom-chrome-brass-black-nickel-powder-coating/page/26#post-5719111

Saltimbanco I hear you, Hot Rot Arcade/Pinball Plating was my first choice, they did my gun in black nickel and it's amazing.

I hit up Chris but they are out of stock on the battlefield shroud as his fabricator is not responding to messages. So undetermined when they will be available again from him. I am looking to finish up my game, I don't mind waiting but thought I'd explore getting one made locally.

#10389 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Picked one up today, very happy with it[quoted image]

Nice!

#10390 1 year ago

Saltimbanco I hear you, Hot Rot Arcade/Pinball Plating was my first choice, they did my gun in black nickel and it's amazing.
I hit up Chris but they are out of stock on the battlefield shroud as his fabricator is not responding to messages. So undetermined when they will be available again from him. I am looking to finish up my game, I don't mind waiting but thought I'd explore getting one made locally.

I'll buy one if you can get one made. I don't have measurements for you though as my machine is in storage waiting for my shed to be built

#10391 1 year ago

Quoted from allsportdvd:

I'll buy one if you can get one made. I don't have measurements for you though as my machine is in storage waiting for my shed to be built

"The sun is shining"..."But the ice is slippery"

Hi everyone! I recently bought The Shadow and I'm really excited to be part of the group! I was looking for one for a really long time and finally got my hands on one! Super happy about it! I'm going to get it this Thursday but I know for a fact that I will need some upgrade on the gun cause I already saw it and it's not in a good shape at all! So Hey that makes us two! I'm definitely up for one as well my friend if I may!

#10392 1 year ago

Mine has LED’s in the inserts already, need to get the non ghost rom patch as a few bendies are ghosting.
It has incandescents in the GI, what looks best, warm white ( looks slightly warmer than sunlight ) or cool white LED’s? I use the fluted type like on CGC remakes.
I like to use white in the GI.
Thanks.

#10393 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Mine has LED’s in the inserts already, need to get the non ghost rom patch as a few bendies are ghosting.
It has incandescents in the GI, what looks best, warm white ( looks slightly warmer than sunlight ) or cool white LED’s? I use the fluted type like on CGC remakes.
Thanks.

I have cool white GI and I think it looks good with the darkness in Shadow. I’m ordering warm for Jackbot because of all the colors. Really just personal preference imo.

#10394 1 year ago
Quoted from SNES:

I have cool white GI and I think it looks good with the darkness in Shadow. I’m ordering warm for Jackbot because of all the colors. Really just personal preference imo.

Thanks, I did warm white when I had Jackbot and that looks good. I normally go for warm white, think I will have to try both lol.

#10395 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Thanks.

Personal preference, but I've always liked Warm white leds for playfields and inserts (with the occasional color bulb under an insert if it needs more "pop"), especially on machines that originally had incandescent bulbs. Just makes the machine look like it was supposed to in my opinion. And I like Cool white for the backbox as it makes the artwork more vibrant.

#10396 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Thanks.

Warm white. This is an art deco themed pin so warm works well. Search for my earlier posts where I test out lighting.

#10397 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Warm white. This is an art deco themed pin so warm works well. Search for my earlier posts where I test out lighting.

Thanks, will do.

Edit: Found your post/pics, will stick with warm white which is my go to anyway.

#10398 1 year ago

Lighting is pure preference. But for what it's worth if you're using my translite it will look accurate to the design with cool white LEDs behind it. If you change that up because you like it better in some other configuration that's a-okay with me, whole point of modding a game is to make it yours and be happy with how it feels. But that is how it "should" look if that matters to you.

I personally run cool white in my GI, with LED-lit purple posts and purple flasher covers on the ramps. So I leaned into the cooler side of things.

gutter-trash-pinball2-blocked (resized).jpggutter-trash-pinball2-blocked (resized).jpg

#10399 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Lighting is pure preference. But for what it's worth if you're using my translite it will look accurate to the design with cool white LEDs behind it. If you change that up because you like it better in some other configuration that's a-okay with me, whole point of modding a game is to make it yours and be happy with how it feels. But that is how it "should" look if that matters to you.
I personally run cool white in my GI, with LED-lit purple posts and purple flasher covers on the ramps. So I leaned into the cooler side of things.

I see you also have the widescreen version of Shadow!

#10400 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

[quoted image]

I agree, frosted cool white with your awesome artwork looked the best to me...

Aurich new (resized).jpgAurich new (resized).jpgbackbox lights (resized).jpgbackbox lights (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/208 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.