C81F15E1-C3A6-48D1-8D41-B75C4D81ED0D (resized).jpeg
20221231_140716 (resized).jpg
B1C71259-D344-48F4-A0EF-F878E8EE84F8 (resized).jpeg
52EE5411-F2B8-4E4C-806F-A45CC8E1D518 (resized).jpeg
20180325_195304_001 (resized).jpg
IMG_0072 (resized).JPEG
IMG_0076 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 206.
#10251 20 days ago
Quoted from skuuun:

When I ordered an overlay from them I wanna say it took about a month, but that was without the holiday season so they might be more bogged down. They ship from Netherlands so it's a long ride.

Thanks. That’s what I assumed, but wanted to get an idea of the typical timeline. This is the last thing I need to start working on it and it’s going to be my first playfield teardown so I want to make sure I have everything ready to go. So many parts to take off and nervous I might mess something up.

#10252 20 days ago
Quoted from skuuun:

They ship from Netherlands so it's a long ride.

I was looking to buy one just to have as a future backup, shame no one sells the stateside.

#10253 20 days ago
Quoted from remf:

Thanks. That’s what I assumed, but wanted to get an idea of the typical timeline. This is the last thing I need to start working on it and it’s going to be my first playfield teardown so I want to make sure I have everything ready to go. So many parts to take off and nervous I might mess something up.

I've ordered from them many times with no issues. Shipment are taking longer to make it across the Atlantic now days. I wouldn't worry about it.

#10254 18 days ago

Anyone need a replacement opto board A-15430 (but 5786-14075-00 on board) This came out of my shadow in working order and I replaced the cap for good measure...55.00 shipping incl to US. Note you'll have to use your original mounting supports or purchase new ones...but requires you rivet into place.

20230108_122232 (resized).jpg20230108_122238 (resized).jpg
#10255 18 days ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I've ordered from them many times with no issues. Shipment are taking longer to make it across the Atlantic now days. I wouldn't worry about it.

Same here. Can take a couple weeks during normal, non-holiday times. They are very reliable tho. Probably add a couple weeks during holidays/slow shipping.

#10256 17 days ago

Anyone have one of those metal Battlefield shrouds for sale? I’ll pay lots!

#10257 17 days ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Anyone have one of those metal Battlefield shrouds for sale? I’ll pay lots!

Knew I recently saw this somewhere, but it says out of stock. Worth checking with Chris to confirm, if you haven't already.

https://pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts/bally-shadow-metal-battlefield-shroud

#10258 17 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Knew I recently saw this somewhere, but it says out of stock. Worth checking with Chris to confirm, if you haven't already.
https://pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts/bally-shadow-metal-battlefield-shroud

Thanks a lot!

#10259 17 days ago

I checked with Chris not too long ago. Unfortunately, he didn’t have any shrouds. If you do locate any, please let us know. I should have upgraded when I had the chance.

#10260 16 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I checked with Chris not too long ago. Unfortunately, he didn’t have any shrouds. If you do locate any, please let us know. I should have upgraded when I had the chance.

Maybe if there is enough interest he will do another run. Add me to the list of those looking to get one.

#10261 15 days ago

I got my Sanctum decal from Ministry yesterday (Jan 10) ordered Dec 27, shipped Dec 31, for those wondering. Kind of forgot about until I read the last few posts

#10262 15 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I got my Sanctum decal from Ministry yesterday (Jan 10) ordered Dec 27, shipped Dec 31, for those wondering. Kind of forgot about until I read the last few posts

Yeah, I’m worried usps dropped the ball somewhere and lost my package. I’ll give it another week or so then I’ll just reorder a new one

#10263 14 days ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Maybe if there is enough interest he will do another run. Add me to the list of those looking to get one.

Add me to the list as well. - Hopefully Chris is watching...

1 week later
#10264 7 days ago

Started work on replacing some of my Shadow’s broken plastics with the full repro kit I got from Marco Specialties, and wouldn’t you know it, the very first piece I started with (large plastic by the ball launch lane) is missing a hole.

Does anyone have any protips for drilling this missing hole without cracking and ruining the plastic?

2A4730E1-5D82-4C54-B99F-7BF272835D3D (resized).jpeg6D08CBAC-72BC-4D92-B52F-0EEEC90CDACA (resized).jpeg

UPDATE: I have it sorted out. A friend recommended that I not let too much heat build up while drilling to avoid warping, so I went at it VERY carefully, and we have success! (Twas much easier than I anticipated.)

#10265 7 days ago
Quoted from PPA-AG:

Add me to the list as well. - Hopefully Chris is watching...

Same here.

#10266 7 days ago

I’ve never been much for these types of playfield mods, but this one just feels right.

Ordered!

#10267 7 days ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Started work on replacing some of my Shadow’s broken plastics with the full repro kit I got from Marco Specialties, and wouldn’t you know it, the very first piece I started with (large plastic by the ball launch lane) is missing a hole.
Does anyone have any protips for drilling this missing hole without cracking and ruining the plastic?
[quoted image][quoted image]
UPDATE: I have it sorted out. A friend recommended that I not let too much heat build up while drilling to avoid warping, so I went at it VERY carefully, and we have success! (Twas much easier than I anticipated.)

Is this an official plastic?

#10268 7 days ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Started work on replacing some of my Shadow’s broken plastics

I'd also lay a piece of Mylar here on the new plastic to protect it from the post below:

712f48251ffef0a01ca072136c0ce35058b2b15f (resized).jpg

#10269 7 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is this an official plastic?

I don’t know.

It was from this set: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-2002-XX

#10270 7 days ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I'd also lay a piece of Mylar here on the new plastic to protect it from the post below:
[quoted image]

Good idea; thanks!

#10271 5 days ago

Anyone on the states have either decal options to cover sanctum wear spot for sale?

#10272 5 days ago

Having a problem with the mini playfield kicker. The kicker moves left to right fine and when the ball breaks the opto on the right side the kicker kicks like it should but when the ball is on the left side it does not fire the kicker.
Cleaned optos and optos all work in test mode. Boards leds light up and I removed boards and traces all look good.
Confused on where to go from here?
Any help much appreciated!

#10273 5 days ago
Quoted from t2:

Having a problem with the mini playfield kicker. The kicker moves left to right fine and when the ball breaks the opto on the right side the kicker kicks like it should but when the ball is on the left side it does not fire the kicker.
Cleaned optos and optos all work in test mode. Boards leds light up and I removed boards and traces all look good.

I would check for a semi broken wire under the battlefield. Might be moving enough going left to break the connection.

#10274 5 days ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I would check for a semi broken wire under the battlefield. Might be moving enough going left to break the connection.

Checked continuity on opto wires on left side and they check out as good.

#10275 5 days ago
Quoted from t2:

Checked continuity on opto wires on left side and they check out as good.

I don't mean the opto wires. So much movement in the wires for the kicker coil that they can break in the wire sleeving. Works fine on the right, but may break the connection when moving left.

#10276 4 days ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I don't mean the opto wires. So much movement in the wires for the kicker coil that they can break in the wire sleeving. Works fine on the right, but may break the connection when moving left.

Thanks. I understand. Did find a Broken wire and it took care of getting the kicker to kick on the right side. I will keep looking.

#10277 2 days ago

My buddy acedanger is making me a custom Berylium sphere mod to mount in the back.

3CF674F5-CC10-4181-8EED-56DDCC719E70 (resized).pngDF34C6F3-C2D0-4D69-8FD7-CBE2F733267C (resized).jpeg
#10278 2 days ago

Also got me some Snakewoods.

E59D92DD-8BB9-43E9-9837-08FDBAB9F1C8 (resized).jpeg
#10279 2 days ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

If that's the only problem you have with the CPR plastic set, consider yourself lucky.

#10280 2 days ago
Quoted from t2:

Cleaned optos and optos all work in test mode.

Sometimes cleaning the optos is not enough. Sometimes you really must replace them.

I had an issue where I was experiencing a million issues with an opto trough issue. Cleaning and reflowing had minimal effects. Replacing the actual optos themselves can be the silver bullet you need.

#10281 1 day ago
Quoted from radial_head:

If that's the only problem you have with the CPR plastic set, consider yourself lucky.

Are there other issues with the CPR plastic set? Is it the same version seen here at Planetary Pinball? https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-31-2002-COMP

#10282 1 day ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Are there other issues with the CPR plastic set? Is it the same version seen here at Planetary Pinball? https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-31-2002-COMP

That is CPR also. As far as I know, CPR is the only one making plastics for Shadow. What was orange on the OEM plastics is brown on the CPR ones. It is fine if you swap all plastics with the new ones. If you only swap out damaged plastics, it will look funny with the color difference.

#10283 1 day ago

Any good suggestions where I could find out how tall The Shadow's components 02-5001 and 02-5002 are? Those are post-ramp small and post-ramp large. Manual didn't tell unfortunately. Would someone with original or repro parts check the length in metric?

#10284 1 day ago
Quoted from t2:

Thanks everyone for the help!!!
After lots of looking found a broken wire to the kicker coil.

#10285 53 seconds ago
Quoted from LePopHumper:

Any good suggestions where I could find out how tall The Shadow's components 02-5001 and 02-5002 are? Those are post-ramp small and post-ramp large. Manual didn't tell unfortunately. Would someone with original or repro parts check the length in metric?

Imperial sizes are cool too. Didn't seem to find these parts on Marcospecialties either so I'm kinda at a loss here unless somebody helps out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Prior Lake, MN
There are 10,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 206.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!