IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 219.
#951 9 years ago

20140621_212106.jpg20140621_212106.jpgOK, more plastic replacing fun.... Just finished replacing most of the plastics - some appeared to be riveted and I don't have a tool for that - put the table back together but now the ball is getting stuck at the back of the battlefield in the drain. The battlefield is obviously not lowering as far down as it should be but it is resting on the two posts underneath which don't seem to have any adjustment. I did remove them to replace parts underneath. Am I missing something obvious???

#952 9 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

OK, more plastic replacing fun.... Just finished replacing most of the plastics - some appeared to be riveted and I don't have a tool for that - put the table back together but now the ball is getting stuck at the back of the battlefield in the drain. The battlefield is obviously not lowering as far down as it should be but it is resting on the two posts underneath which don't seem to have any adjustment. I did remove them to replace parts underneath. Am I missing something obvious???

20140621_212106.jpg 206 KB

You need to push the battlefield forward from the back of the wood panel it's attached to, then put the thumb-screw back in to keep it in place. I'm assuming you didn't put the thumb-screw back in, or tightly enough judging by your pic.

Added this pic for clarity, the thumb-screw is seen on the left in the middle of the white rubber. Did yours come with it?

IMG_0899.JPGIMG_0899.JPG
#953 9 years ago

Hi RonB

Yes I have the thumbscrew down tight. The battlefield is resting on the pole it screws into so I can't see how it can go any lower. I'm totally baffled. I removed all the ramps and diverters etc to swap out the plastics but that to my mind shouldn't stop the battlefield going back into place. It was just flipped back and out the way for the day. The ball never got stuck in that gully before. Really strange.

Btw - love those lights you have at the back. Will have to ask you more about those once I get this sorted. Table isn't playable really now as the ball gets stuck every time.

#954 9 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

Yes I have the thumbscrew down tight. The battlefield is resting on the pole it screws into so I can't see how it can go any lower. I'm totally baffled.

You should check to be sure nothing is blocking the battlefield from being perfectly lined up and resting flat on the poles. I remember I had to do some minor adjustments after putting everything back together. Something is obviously keeping your battlefield from sitting where it should be.

#955 9 years ago

Yeah. Problem is I can't find what. The front is hard up against the poles. It's like the poles are higher than before which doesn't seem possible.

#956 9 years ago

Sometimes I have to wiggle my Battlefield a bit to get it to sit all the way down.

#957 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Sometimes I have to wiggle my Battlefield a bit to get it to sit all the way down.

Yeah, on the odd occasion I have wiggled mine and it moves down another 1/4 inch.

#958 9 years ago

This is good info because I think mine is not sitting in the right spot.
image-849.jpgimage-849.jpg

#959 9 years ago

If your battlefield is functioning correctly, it is possible that the VUK wireform is just on a slight angle. Perhaps put a washer under the front side to adjust it slightly...

#960 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

This is good info because I think mine is not sitting in the right spot.

image-849.jpg 192 KB

My VUK wireform sits the same way yours does. I thought it should be centered but there's no other way to mount it, at least I don't think so.

#961 9 years ago

Troutfarm, I had the same issue. The ball would bounce back out through that gap. I put 4 washers under one of the feet and it now works fine. Lost Internet access at home but will post a picture when possible.

#962 9 years ago

Took a closer look at my VUK wireform mounts and noticed the right side was sitting on top of the plastic protector, the gap would occasionally let a ball fall off. Took it all apart, trimmed the protector and put a nut under the left side of the wireform mount so it would center out with the battlefield. All better now.

Before:
IMG_1007.JPGIMG_1007.JPG
IMG_1009.JPGIMG_1009.JPG

After:
IMG_1011.JPGIMG_1011.JPG
IMG_1014.JPGIMG_1014.JPG
IMG_1015.JPGIMG_1015.JPG

EDIT: Are all of yours sitting at an angle like this? (Pic #4) I don't see how else to mount this and the battlefield is as far forward as possible.

#963 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Took a closer look at my VUK wireform mounts and noticed the right side was sitting on top of the plastic protector, the gap would occasionally let a ball fall off. Took it all apart, trimmed the protector and put a nut under the left side of the wireform mount so it would center out with the battlefield. All better now.
Before:
After:
EDIT: Are all of yours sitting at an angle like this? (Pic #4) I don't see how else to mount this and the battlefield is as far forward as possible.

IMG_1007.JPG 163 KB
IMG_1009.JPG 175 KB
IMG_1011.JPG 170 KB
IMG_1014.JPG 191 KB

Great question I had the same when replacing wireforms. I will take pics of mine but it is similar to the original configuration. I will adjust following your advice.
IMG_1015.JPG 248 KB

#964 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I heard someone in Michigan became a member of this club recently, but hasn't checked in yet.
I only have this pic as a clue of who it may be, sent to me by an informer:

If anyone can identify this man, and find him sober, please report him to The Shadow Club Authorities for immediate questioning and a two-player game!

WhoIsThisGuyDrinkingBeer.jpg 3 KB

Hahaha... Tamoore checking into the club, and checking out! Shadow is a great game, but I got it specifically to trade for a game on my forever keeper list! I still get to play it for three weeks before the trade happens..

#966 9 years ago

Coward, chicken, sissy ... come on, play again!

#967 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Shadow is a great game, but I got it specifically to trade for a game on my forever keeper list! I still get to play it for three weeks before the trade happens..

Then a few weeks later.............

"WTT: Creature for a nice Shadow"

#968 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Hahaha... Tamoore checking into the club, and checking out! Shadow is a great game, but I got it specifically to trade for a game on my forever keeper list! I still get to play it for three weeks before the trade happens..

You will regret it...

#969 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

You will regret it...

Nope. I think I'm grown up enough to understand what I'm doing.

#970 9 years ago

I want to love Creech, the theme is so great, but I just can't get into the actual gameplay. Sounds like that's not a problem for you, so enjoy!

I'll admit that my Shadow hasn't been getting a lot of play lately, I got hooked on Tron, and then I picked up a METLE that's got me super addicted too. Shadow still hangs with the modern pins though, not going anywhere!

1 week later
#971 9 years ago

Just picked up Shadow in pretty good condition. First thing that needs to be done is getting the brass parts replated. Love this game.

#972 9 years ago

I'm checking out. Great game but it was time to move it on and enjoy another title, besides Farley was driving me crazy!

#973 9 years ago

I sold a super nice Shadow pretty cheap ($2500) two years ago and didn't think i'd be able to find another one in similar shape. Thankfully a friend found one for me and we made a trade. Missed the game a bunch, shouldnt have ever let go of it.

#974 9 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I'm checking out. Great game but it was time to move it on and enjoy another title, besides Farley was driving me crazy!

Coward! Chicken!

#975 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Coward! Chicken!

Ummm ok. I have had my fun with it and beat it on a few occasions. 4 billion top score.
Time for something else.

#976 9 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Ummm ok. I have had my fun with it and beat it on a few occasions.

Apparently you didn't play it enough to recognize that as a Farley quote from the game!

#977 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Apparently you didn't play it enough to recognize that as a Farley quote from the game!

Yeah I know the quote, I just didn't get the joke you were trying to make.

#978 9 years ago

4 billion? was it on 10 ball? Most i've gotten was 1.4 billion I think.

#979 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

1.5b ish here too.

4billion is 1st or 2nd place on the Pinside scores list. Bravo.

#980 9 years ago

I'm holding 1st with 4.8B

#981 9 years ago

My top score is around 1.5 billion too. Those are gnarly scores for Shadow.

#982 9 years ago

the key to high scoring is mastering the ramp shots.. you can rack up serious points on a few long vengeance runs, add a final battle and you right up there. On my old shadow I would sometimes get in the zone an get 4 or 5 super vengeance back to back.

#983 9 years ago

yeah for pure scoring Vengeance seems like the best option. My friend who got the GC on mine only went for Final Battle and got to it twice for her to get GC but she didn't even try for Vengeance once. I think if she did she could have got a lot more.

#984 9 years ago

for sure. when you get both going is when the 3B+ scores happen.

#985 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

3 ball factory settings.

3 weeks later
#986 9 years ago

Forgive me if it's already been posted, but laseriffic has a new Shadow topper that looks great. I hooked it up to mine recently. Doesn't have the remote/multiple color settings like some of the other ones by them, but looks superb nonetheless.
image-238.jpgimage-238.jpg

Also if anyone has a spare alternate translite/speaker grill by Aurich they're looking to sell, let me know.

#987 9 years ago

Really nice Topper!

What is the Price of this one?
Is it poosible to change the Color to Green?

#988 9 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Is it poosible to change the Color to Green?

Why would you want a green brick wall?

#989 9 years ago

Hi guys!

Anyone know where I can get hold of the face (or whole assembly) of the standup targets for the battlefield?
The part number is A-18379-6. But I can't seem to find them anywhere!
Transparent ones in red or yellow would also work...

Axl

#990 9 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Anyone know where I can get hold of the face (or whole assembly) of the standup targets for the battlefield?

Have you tried The Pinball Resource? That's usually the first place I check when I'm looking for targets.

#991 9 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Hi guys!
The part number is A-18379-6. But I can't seem to find them anywhere!
Transparent ones in red or yellow would also work...
Axl

If you mean the actual targets with the metal flap on the top they are no longer available.

#992 9 years ago

Here's my LED'd Shadow

IMG_8944918217191.jpegIMG_8944918217191.jpeg

#993 9 years ago

Gave my Shadow a bit of extra love... removed and cleaned everything in the head.

TS1.JPGTS1.JPG TS2.JPGTS2.JPG TS3.jpgTS3.jpg TS4.jpgTS4.jpg TS5.jpgTS5.jpg
#994 9 years ago

Anybody want to leave this club and join the Centaur club? Possibly the Paragon club as well?

#995 9 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Gave my Shadow a bit of extra love... removed and cleaned everything in the head.

Nice work! Looks great now.

#996 9 years ago

Finally officially in......does the membership card come in the mail or do I just print it at home?

#997 9 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Finally officially in......does the membership card come in the mail or do I just print it at home?

Only the Shadow knows.......

#998 9 years ago

A few months back I found someone on a Warhammer board to paint my Mongol Warriors to add detail and better match the costumes from the film (I'm not a miniatures guy but that seemed like a good place to find a painter for this project). Last night I finally got them installed and I'm very pleased with the outcome, the painter did excellent work at a very reasonable price. [EDIT: And appologies for the crap photos, turns out my lighting scheme leaves something to be desired]

IMG_4066.JPGIMG_4066.JPG
IMG_4068.JPGIMG_4068.JPG
IMG_4069.JPGIMG_4069.JPG

#999 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

A few months back I found someone on a Warhammer board to paint my Mongol Warriors to add detail and better match the costumes from the film (I'm not a miniatures guy but that seemed like a good place to find a painter for this project). Last night I finally got them installed and I'm very pleased with the outcome, the painter did excellent work at a very reasonable price. [EDIT: And appologies for the crap photos, turns out my lighting scheme leaves something to be desired]

That's rad that you sought out an artist there. You should post the artist info here so others can get him/her more business.
=)
-mof

#1000 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

A few months back I found someone on a Warhammer board to paint my Mongol Warriors to add detail and better match the costumes from the film (I'm not a miniatures guy but that seemed like a good place to find a painter for this project).

Nice! They look great, nice subtle but solid upgrade. I keep meaning to take mine off and paint them, just haven't gotten around to it. I actually used to paint Warhammer models myself. The experience came in handy when I painted my Metallica Sparky actually.

I kind of want to cut off their thick swords and replace them with thinner plastic ones.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 37.50
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.