IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 219.
#9901 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Bro how pitched is your game? Mine is setup like PAPAs. Fucking crazy brutal and fast. Can barely get 2 shadow loops without it crashing into something and smacking the glass.
I hate playing 90s pinballs that are setup like 70s EMs... slow af.

All of my games are set up hard, 7 degrees. I'm a decent player on my good days, my peak IFPA rating was top 100.

Generally I like to play for wizard modes, not score. Shadow loops are not required to get to wizard mode, so I don't mess around with the loops very often, unless I am just having a laugh. Loops are drainy AF for sure.

#9902 1 year ago

Gonna stream my shadow tonight. Gonna be going for shadow loop combos to see how good I can get at them.

Come hang out at 7 pm eastern!

www.twitch.tv/PinballNetwork
YouTube - the pinball network
FB - the pinball network.

#9903 1 year ago

Anybody interested in a nearly complete CPR Plastic set? $100? Only thing it's missing is one of the slingshots.

#9904 1 year ago

"When DMD's Glitch... Episode VII"

anal battle (resized).jpganal battle (resized).jpg

I guess now we know why there is no light without the shadow...

#9905 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Me after a bad bout with Taco Bell.

#9906 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

[quoted image]
I guess now we know why there is no light without the shadow...

Amazing!

New high score but I’ve yet to even start wizard mode…
34631415-5F43-4089-AF9D-1C47DF22BE79 (resized).jpeg34631415-5F43-4089-AF9D-1C47DF22BE79 (resized).jpeg

#9907 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Anybody interested in a nearly complete CPR Plastic set? $100? Only thing it's missing is one of the slingshots.

Hit my dm

Added 19 months ago:

Nevermind.

#9908 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Got a few sets left over. FYI shipped all orders this morning.
[quoted image]

I received the phurba opto covers today. Here’s a couple of pics of them in the machine.

26A188DA-D405-4D2C-9763-4F539FBAD251.jpeg26A188DA-D405-4D2C-9763-4F539FBAD251.jpegB19FDF41-022C-4F25-9A9A-D1B68866646C.jpegB19FDF41-022C-4F25-9A9A-D1B68866646C.jpeg
#9909 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

New high score but I’ve yet to even start wizard mode…

That was about my best score before the one time I completed the final battle, then this happened!!

20180719_174904 (resized).jpg20180719_174904 (resized).jpg

Unfortunately last year I finally bit the bullet and put remote battery holders on all my games so lost 15 years of scores

#9910 1 year ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

That was about my best score before the one time I completed the final battle, then this happened!!
[quoted image]
Unfortunately last year I finally bit the bullet and put remote battery holders on all my games so lost 15 years of scores

If you do that while the game is on you can keep the scores.

#9911 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

If you do that while the game is on you can keep the scores.

So you would rip off the battery holders and solder remote holders with the game on eh?

#9912 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

So you would rip off the battery holders and solder remote holders with the game on eh?

I have removed the cpu board and clipped on a remote battery, then removed the factory battery holder. Soldered in a new battery holder, installed new batteries and removed the remote battery. Reinstalled the cpu with all my high scores and old settings.

#9913 1 year ago

I've got three sets left... then onto building Bobu the mechanical owl from Clash of the titans.

#9914 1 year ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I have removed the cpu board and clipped on a remote battery, then removed the factory battery holder. Soldered in a new battery holder, installed new batteries and removed the remote battery. Reinstalled the cpu with all my high scores and old settings.

You could also use plastic/wooden “batteries” with leads to the remote holder. It’s a good solution for these time when you don’t want to lose your scores but want to get the remote holder in.

#9915 1 year ago

Thrilled to join this club today.

20220828_174246 (resized).jpg20220828_174246 (resized).jpg
#9916 1 year ago

Got my relocation bracket for the left ramp-right diverter micro switch done.
Made a quick test of around 30 shots up the ramp and registered every time.
Felt that now this game is done, plays perfect - then I saw one of the rings bulbs is out! It never ends
2EA231C4-9134-4E96-AB64-44F65D1C9CE8 (resized).jpeg2EA231C4-9134-4E96-AB64-44F65D1C9CE8 (resized).jpeg
2DFB5807-08C4-4170-88D0-FD20922812D2 (resized).jpeg2DFB5807-08C4-4170-88D0-FD20922812D2 (resized).jpeg

#9917 1 year ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I was tempted to try something like that but with my track record its best to keep it simple!! I was more annoyed doing it to my MM, lost all the dates I'd battled the kingdom back to 2005

#9918 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:Got my relocation bracket for the left ramp-right diverter micro switch done.
Made a quick test of around 30 shots up the ramp and registered every time.
Felt that now this game is done, plays perfect - then I saw one of the rings bulbs is out! It never ends
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

This looks great... what thickness Lexan did you use? I just ordered 1/8" hoping it's thick enough to hold. Also what is the length of the bracket?

#9919 1 year ago

Does anybody have a part number for red plastic piece under the slingshots? I tried to find in the manual and online and couldn't figure it out. Also do most people use washers to protect these b/c I can't imagine they will lost very long taking repeated punishment by the ball

thumbnail (15) (resized).jpgthumbnail (15) (resized).jpg
#9920 1 year ago
Quoted from data_eastside:

This looks great... what thickness Lexan did you use? I just ordered 1/8" hoping it's thick enough to hold. Also what is the length of the bracket?

This repair works but is now obsolete. Sonic invented the perfect solution. It is a MRS switch. Reach out to him, you won’t be disappointed.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/150#post-5845305

#9921 1 year ago

Does anybody have a part number for red plastic piece under the slingshots? I tried to find in the manual and online and couldn't figure it out. Also do most people use washers to protect these b/c I can't imagine they will lost very long taking repeated punishment by the ball[quoted image]

That is just a star post. Very common. All the big boys carry them. They do come in a couple different heights. Measure what you have and order accordingly.

#9922 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:This repair works but is now obsolete. Sonic invented the perfect solution. It is a MRS switch. Reach out to him, you won’t be disappointed.

Thank you sir. Much better indeed. Just hit him up

#9923 1 year ago

Oh I didn’t measure it. Just took from a sheet I just had. 3mm is a guess.

This repair works but is now obsolete. Sonic invented the perfect solution. It is a MRS switch. Reach out to him, you won’t be disappointed.

But if this works and costs basically nothing (cost me absolutely nothing as I had the stuff for it) then why reinvent the wheel?
As long as it works I’m happy.

#9924 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

But if this works and costs basically nothing (cost me absolutely nothing as I had the stuff for it) then why reinvent the wheel?
As long as it works I’m happy.

Not a dig on you in any way. Most now go with the Sonic solution. Mechanical swiches get skipped when the ball hops over them or cause a ball trap from slow rolling balls. Sonic's solution is bulletproof.

#9925 1 year ago

Not a dig on you in any way. Most now go with the Sonic solution. Mechanical swiches get skipped when the ball hops over them or cause a ball trap from slow rolling balls. Sonic's solution is bulletproof.

I fully understand your point.
But that applies to all mechanical switches on the game and not just one.
There’s always the possibility for mechanical failure and physics interfering in the form of a flying ball or similar.
That’s what makes pinball great

#9926 1 year ago

Does anybody have a part number for red plastic piece under the slingshots? I tried to find in the manual and online and couldn't figure it out. Also do most people use washers to protect these b/c I can't imagine they will lost very long taking repeated punishment by the ball[quoted image]

Standard star post, as noted above, you can get anywhere in like 10 colors. Purple, clear, blue, green, your choice. Also, if you want to add a bit of protection for your playfield, they make soft, translucent rubber washers that sit beneath the star posts (and narrow washers for under the skinny posts). Titan Pinball, and others, offer those. Pin Monk also offers mylar rings for under star posts and standard posts. Some examples below.

E59D2242-BDA3-421B-8DE7-ED59A8D51232 (resized).pngE59D2242-BDA3-421B-8DE7-ED59A8D51232 (resized).pngBB84CF50-4A94-4A54-99A6-579BAA3248C2 (resized).pngBB84CF50-4A94-4A54-99A6-579BAA3248C2 (resized).png0A7A59DF-BCF5-4DDC-8510-1E0FDE6C1532 (resized).png0A7A59DF-BCF5-4DDC-8510-1E0FDE6C1532 (resized).png
#9927 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

I fully understand your point.
But that applies to all mechanical switches on the game and not just one.
There’s always the possibility for mechanical failure and physics interfering in the form of a flying ball or similar.
That’s what makes pinball great

I was just like you. Here is my solution to the problem before I upgraded to Sonic’s MRS sensor. That switch is very important to game play. If I make the shot, I want to make sure it counts. Just wait until you’re have a great game and the made shot doesn’t get recorded.

80F5E9C9-0FF7-49D6-A940-D89FCA88D52F (resized).jpeg80F5E9C9-0FF7-49D6-A940-D89FCA88D52F (resized).jpeg
#9928 1 year ago

I was just like you. Here is my solution to the problem before I upgraded to Sonic’s MRS sensor. That switch is very important to game play. If I make the shot, I want to make sure it counts. Just wait until you’re have a great game and the made shot doesn’t get recorded.
[quoted image]

Happened way too many times that it hasn’t registered in a great game
You placed yours way further out than I did mine. Interesting
Well we will see how many mine misses, only places like 30 balls on it and registered them all but nothing is 100% fool proof.

#9929 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

Well we will see how many mine misses, only places like 30 balls on it and registered them all but nothing is 100% fool proof.

Don’t worry. Sonic has one waiting for you after you do your testing.

#9930 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

I put the extender on mine before the MRS switch was available. I’ve never had a shot, fast or slow, that didn’t register. That extender works just fine on mine. Although the MRS switch looks nicer tucked to the side imo

#9931 1 year ago

I have Sonic's MRS and it's awesome! I'm now having a problem with the wireform though where the ball will fall off the back in that 5 or 6 inch lateral section where there's no wire guide (right past the old switch location) does this happen to anyone else?

20220830_105312 (resized).jpg20220830_105312 (resized).jpg
#9932 1 year ago

MRS switch Is great.. but I still have non registered shots.. even when taking the ball and running it underneath it with my hand, I'd say every 20 shots.. it will register 16. Nothings perfect I guess.

#9933 1 year ago
Quoted from skuuun:

I have Sonic's MRS and it's awesome! I'm now having a problem with the wireform though where the ball will fall off the back in that 5 or 6 inch lateral section where there's no wire guide (right past the old switch location) does this happen to anyone else?
[quoted image]

See that little piece of Velcro on my wire ramp. It takes a little heat off a hot shot and the ball will stay on the exposed part of the wire ramp much better.

A7AE97F6-AC7B-493F-8D8A-363C42ED956D (resized).jpegA7AE97F6-AC7B-493F-8D8A-363C42ED956D (resized).jpeg
#9934 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

MRS switch Is great.. but I still have non registered shots.. even when taking the ball and running it underneath it with my hand, I'd say every 20 shots.. it will register 16. Nothings perfect I guess.

Actually these are perfect. Haha. I would get with Sonic for help.

#9935 1 year ago
Quoted from skuuun:

[quoted image]

I bought one of the switches with the long straight arm and installed it and unplugged it (I have MRS at the bend). But the physical switch being there helps hold the ball on the wireform.

#9936 1 year ago

Thanks for the tips Mad Dog and Chuckwurt! Those are much more slick solutions than my friend's who says "just weld on the missing piece of wire!"

#9937 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I had that start happening with mine, and I just adjusted it downward so it was slightly closer to the ball bath. Works every time now!

#9938 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

That shouldn't be... Hit me up on PM.. Let's see what's going on.....

Matt

#9939 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonic:

That shouldn't be... Hit me up on PM.. Let's see what's going on.....
Matt

A helpful way to prevent this is to make sure that the switch is perpendicular with the path of the ball path.

#9940 1 year ago

My drop target to battle field switch that’s connected to plastic keeps getting loose? Any non invasive fixes? Thanks

#9941 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

My drop target to battle field switch that’s connected to plastic keeps getting loose? Any non invasive fixes? Thanks

Are you talking about where the switch actuator arm hinges on the switch body? Sometimes the small nubs on the switch body can become worn and not hold the actuator arm is place (need to replace the switch body); alternatively the arm itself can get deformed and not hang onto the nubs (try bending in the sides of the arm).

#9942 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Are you talking about where the switch actuator arm hinges on the switch body? Sometimes the small nubs on the switch body can become worn and not hold the actuator arm is place (need to replace the switch body); alternatively the arm itself can get deformed and not hang onto the nubs (try bending in the sides of the arm).

Sorry I din't explain myself very well it's the big piece of plastic that screws into the switch from the mech itself.
(I'll probably put up a pic)

#9943 1 year ago
Quoted from skuuun:

[quoted image]

Its been happening to me a fair amount as well. I also have the MRS from Matt.

#9944 1 year ago

Does anybody experience the ball popping out of the Start Scene shot next to the right ramp on a percentage of shots in there (maybe 20%?) Anything that can be done to remedy or is it just part of the game?

#9945 1 year ago

Does anybody experience the ball popping out of the Start Scene shot next to the right ramp on a percentage of shots in there (maybe 20%?) Anything that can be done to remedy or is it just part of the game?

You can try bending downward the switch so its a little further in the saucer (yours may be a bit high and acting as an obstacle)

#9946 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

So like the actual arm thats attached to the microswitch is loose?

Replace the entire switch. They have tiny little plastic mounting tabs that can easily strip or file down making it let go of the arm.

#9947 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

So like the actual arm thats attached to the microswitch is loose?
Replace the entire switch. They have tiny little plastic mounting tabs that can easily strip or file down making it let go of the arm.

Thank you I'll pm you when I have time to confirm that we're referring to the same part...thanks man.

#9948 1 year ago

Ya never know.

Screenshot_20220831-173325_Messenger (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220831-173325_Messenger (resized).jpg
#9949 1 year ago

Just joined the club today

20220901_142324 (resized).jpg20220901_142324 (resized).jpg
#9950 1 year ago

and there is my first Shadow related question:

Just got the game. The kicker at the mini PF is weak sometimes.
Entered switchtest and saw that the opto "mini kicker-switch36"gets interrupted only "sometimes" when the kicker is in it´s upward/activated position.
"Sometimes" means when I wiggle the kicker left/right the optosw36 gets activated (beam interrrupted)
Is that normal behaviour? I assume it is not but caused by the wear of the kicker bearing (the rectangular hole in the bracket)
Any ideas?
20220901_173650 (resized).jpg20220901_173650 (resized).jpg20220901_184552 (resized).jpg20220901_184552 (resized).jpg20220901_184526 (resized).jpg20220901_184526 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/199?hl=vipertim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.