IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 219.
#9701 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not that it’s bad, I just like the Aurich package better.

Quoted from Lamprey:

I think it's because the playfield art is more like the comic/radio show whereas the translight is from the movie.

Very much agree, the Aurich package is a must. It was the first thing I did when I got my Shadow and the translight links it more to the comic and less to the movie (which was a box office bomb).

#9702 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I think it's because the playfield art is more like the comic/radio show whereas the translight is from the movie. So, they kind of clash in style. Aurich's translight matches the playfield art more so it looks more like it belongs as a cohesive art package.

And it matches the cabinet side artwork better too.

#9703 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

What's with the hate for the original translite? I don't get it.
Only art package I've seen that looks like it fits the game...

Looks like others have said it too, but IMO the colors and style of the original translite clash with the rest of the art. Aurich totally nailed it with his version! With only his translite and the original supporting cast speaker panel it's pretty clear which one needs to go

#9704 1 year ago

I actually have 3 translites for mine, but I like the one that matches the sides of the cabinet the most

#9705 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Agreed.
I see nothing wrong with it. Game still looks good even when original and most of the times even better.
Translite swap is very far from a “must” on this game. A must is a good sanctum, mini playfield and phurbas. And on that part my Sanctum wall mechanism needs some work

#9706 1 year ago

There's no accounting for taste.

#9707 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

I actually like the original, but then again I just embrace the cheesiness, duck quacks and all. And I put a red flasher under the backglass where Alec's ring is and I kind of like the way it works.

That said, I do appreciate the work that went into the alt translite, and do understand why some would want to swap it out.

shadow.gifshadow.gif
#9708 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I actually have 3 translites for mine, but I like the one that matches the sides of the cabinet the most

What's the 3rd one other than the original and Aurich 's?

#9709 1 year ago

All three translites at the same time is the only way to go.

#9710 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

What's the 3rd one other than the original and Aurich 's?

Original, a custom that looks like the side cab art, and this one:

IMG_20220719_191427554 (resized).jpgIMG_20220719_191427554 (resized).jpg
#9711 1 year ago

I think there’s one more out there

26EE12DE-2404-4F6F-885B-70F91BEFACE9 (resized).png26EE12DE-2404-4F6F-885B-70F91BEFACE9 (resized).png916D9E32-58D9-4172-B395-F16768314024 (resized).png916D9E32-58D9-4172-B395-F16768314024 (resized).png
#9712 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Original, a custom that looks like the side cab art, and this one:
[quoted image]

I like it, vintage pics effect on each side!

shadow_alternate_translite_1_mop (resized).jpgshadow_alternate_translite_1_mop (resized).jpg
#9713 1 year ago

I like this one as well, but it's missing the red line, or else it would really match the cabinet

the-shadow-movie-montage-alternate-pinball-translite-alternative-flipper-backglass (1) (resized).jpgthe-shadow-movie-montage-alternate-pinball-translite-alternative-flipper-backglass (1) (resized).jpg

#9714 1 year ago

Normally alt translites are effing horrible. I feel like all these are solid.

#9715 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I like this one as well, but it's missing the red line, or else it would really match the cabinet
[quoted image]

I really like this one.

#9716 1 year ago

What should I check out in relation to mini-playfield lights that don’t work?

(The connectors on the lightboards look okay, and I can’t find any broken, pinched or cut wires. Also, all fuses on the power driver board test okay.)

#9717 1 year ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

What should I check out in relation to mini-playfield lights that don’t work?
(The connectors on the lightboards look okay, and I can’t find any broken, pinched or cut wires. Also, all fuses on the power driver board test okay.)

As a start..

Do other lamps in the mini playfield row or column also not work?

With power off check continuity from mini lamps to driver board.

Power on, check for voltage at power board during all lamp test.

Attached are lamp matrix chart details.
350FD9F1-E7DD-42EC-85E9-1E99EC39536D (resized).png350FD9F1-E7DD-42EC-85E9-1E99EC39536D (resized).pngE08C001E-C8C7-4E5A-A28D-52C6EA1169B2 (resized).pngE08C001E-C8C7-4E5A-A28D-52C6EA1169B2 (resized).pngEA6152E6-58D3-4BB6-A560-15644623FFDA (resized).pngEA6152E6-58D3-4BB6-A560-15644623FFDA (resized).png

FAA9A764-4ED7-468D-AEEC-2A8A11D011E7 (resized).pngFAA9A764-4ED7-468D-AEEC-2A8A11D011E7 (resized).png
#9718 1 year ago
Quoted from emsrph:

As a start..
Do other lamps in the mini playfield row or column also not work?

No, they all work. It’s literally just the lights on the mini playfield that are dead.

I will poke around some more via your suggestions. Thanks for the help!

#9719 1 year ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

No, they all work. It’s literally just the lights on the mini playfield that are dead.
I will poke around some more via your suggestions. Thanks for the help!

Bulbs good? Unlikely it’s all of them but it happens.

Try unplugging and reinserting the connectors. This may get it going again (although if they need re-pinning it may be temporary).

#9720 1 year ago

What’s the deal with that Alex Mendes guy selling Aurich’s translite on the Facebook pinball groups? Is that what got him banned from this site?

#9721 1 year ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Bulbs good? Unlikely it’s all of them but it happens.

It WAS the bulbs. ALL 10 of them. All of which were LEDs.

(It’s yet another thing with this machine that proves it HAD NOT been “fully shopped” by the previous owner before I bought it.)

Thanks again for all the help!

#9722 1 year ago

Just 3D printed these they have strong magnets. LMK what you all think? Sorry for the bad pic.

IMG_2629 (resized).jpgIMG_2629 (resized).jpg
#9723 1 year ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

(It’s yet another thing with this machine that proves it HAD NOT been “fully shopped” by the previous owner before I bought it.)

Wow that's amazing all 10 went out at the same time??!!?

#9724 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Wow that's amazing all 10 went out at the same time??!!?

I don’t know about that; they were all out when I bought the machine. Surely they didn’t, though.

#9725 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Just 3D printed these they have strong magnets. LMK what you all think? Sorry for the bad pic.
[quoted image]

I dig ‘em!

#9726 1 year ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

That’s crazy. I rarely find any burned out or failed LEDs. They seem to last forever. I wonder how all your bulbs went bad. It would seem a common event could explain it, but what? Glad you figured it out.

#9728 1 year ago

Gun looks worn on my game and debating getting it powdercoated. I searched the thread and saw examples of black nickel and movie gun colors. Any other powdercoat options anyone has tried?

#9729 1 year ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Glad it was something easy.

#9730 1 year ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

Gun looks worn on my game and debating getting it powdercoated. I searched the thread and saw examples of black nickel and movie gun colors. Any other powdercoat options anyone has tried?

Chris at pinballplating.com does exchange gun triggers including for The Shadow, in chrome or black nickel - I personally think these are better than powder coating

#9731 1 year ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Glad it was something easy.

Me too!

#9732 1 year ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

Doesn't seem like a powdercoated gun would look right.
Maybe I'm missing something, but guns are generally chrome or blued steel.

#9733 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Doesn't seem like a powdercoated gun would look right.
Maybe I'm missing something, but guns are generally chrome or blued steel.

There is a near-chrome powder made by Prismatic Powders that is about as close to chrome plating as you can get. Only thing is, it scratches easily and is best when you apply a clearcoat powder over it. By that time, the two halves of the gun will give you fitment issues, especially in the trigger area.

And I'm a big fan of powdercoating.

Best, IMO, is to use nickleplate chrome (black chrome) for overall appearance. And bright chrome plate the trigger to give it some contrast.

blackchrome_shadow_gun (resized).jpgblackchrome_shadow_gun (resized).jpg
#9734 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

[quoted image]

hard to tell from the pic but they look good but dark , maybe paint gold or brass color if they are black

#9735 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

hard to tell from the pic but they look good but dark , maybe paint gold or brass color if they are black

Ya I can take the glass off later & take a pic w/ Flash it's dark up there around BF.
IMG_2621 (resized).jpgIMG_2621 (resized).jpgs-1 (resized).jpgs-1 (resized).jpgs-2 (resized).jpgs-2 (resized).jpg

7CE0AAD8-2BC3-458D-B470-94BD7A3F8204 (resized).jpeg7CE0AAD8-2BC3-458D-B470-94BD7A3F8204 (resized).jpeg
#9736 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Ya I can take the glass off later & take a pic w/ Flash it's dark up there around BF.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

I think these look nice, but is it possible to print in a smoother 3D print resolution?

#9737 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think these look nice, but is it possible to print in a smoother 3D print resolution?

Ya I thought the same kinda flat I think I might create or find a more detailed model & use a smaller nozzle.

#9738 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Ya I thought the same kinda flat I think I might create or find a more detailed model & use a smaller nozzle.

That would be much better - I think this mod only works if there is proper immersion with the rest of the pin. And the smooth surface will achieve this.

#9739 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

That would be much better - I think this mod only works if there is proper immersion with the rest of the pin. And the smooth surface will achieve this.

Got it much smoother

686114C0-2694-4E6F-9086-B84CE403C002 (resized).jpeg686114C0-2694-4E6F-9086-B84CE403C002 (resized).jpeg
#9740 1 year ago

Both are very cool, but IMO, I think the previous version had an authentic, carved-like feel that had an ancient look to it.

* But, I don't remember the movie, maybe they actually had a smooth look to them.

Either way, nice work!

#9741 1 year ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Both are very cool, but IMO, I think the previous version had an authentic, carved-like feel that had an ancient look to it.
* But, I don't remember the movie, maybe they actually had a smooth look to them.
Either way, nice work!

The smooth makes more sense since it's gold/metallic. If it was stone or made from wood (which it's not), then the carved look would work better.

#9742 1 year ago

Those look pretty sweet! Any sign of issues with the strong magnets grabbing a slow rolling ball?

#9743 1 year ago

After many months of tinkering, I've finally completed my Pin2DMD colorization for the Shadow. This game was a monster of tons of dynamic transistions that either had to be colorized or ways to best mask the transistions figured out. It was a lot of fun to learn something new though.

I'm going to get a new video done to show off the finalized work; but, here are a couple of work in progress videos. Nothing significant was changed from it other than working out some triggers that werent' firing right and finishing a few scenes.

PM me if you are interested in adding to your real game.

#9744 1 year ago
Quoted from skuuun:

Those look pretty sweet! Any sign of issues with the strong magnets grabbing a slow rolling ball?

No issues. I think it’s a bit too far. I did another version with a black wash on bronze.

50CE0C3A-98D3-4287-8E8C-9CCDA2B5064F (resized).jpeg50CE0C3A-98D3-4287-8E8C-9CCDA2B5064F (resized).jpeg
#9745 1 year ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

After many months of tinkering, I've finally completed my Pin2DMD colorization for the Shadow. This game was a monster of tons of dynamic transistions that either had to be colorized or ways to best mask the transistions figured out. It was a lot of fun to learn something new though.
I'm going to get a new video done to show off the finalized work; but, here are a couple of work in progress videos. Nothing significant was changed from it other than working out some triggers that werent' firing right and finishing a few scenes.

PM me if you are interested in adding to your real game.

Love this, looks great. Well done! Can this go on the standard ColorDMD or do I need additional hardware?

Also, why does your audio sound so cool?

#9746 1 year ago

I'm in the market to buy The nicest shadow in existence.. Will need to be shipped to VA. Please DM if you are willing to talk. Thanks.

#9747 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Love this, looks great. Well done! Can this go on the standard ColorDMD or do I need additional hardware?
Also, why does your audio sound so cool?

Thank you for the kind words. This is for the Pin2DMD version of color DMD options. They use community created colorizations and only work on the Pin2DMD hardware.

The audio is from the sound package I put together for the Pinsound audio board. It’s using the outstanding orchestral soundtrack from Jerry Goldsmith combined with audio sound effect samples from the movie, various sound effect libraries (lots of Tibetan chimes and bells and throat singing), and a few borrowed samples for punches and gunshots from a famous archeologist.

#9748 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I'm in the market to buy The nicest shadow in existence.. Will need to be shipped to VA. Please DM if you are willing to talk. Thanks.

Sorry, not selling

#9749 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Sorry, not selling

Maybe I'll make you an offer you can't refuse

#9750 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Sorry, not selling

Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Maybe I'll make you an offer you can't refuse

Does he have the best Shadow in existence? This I've got to see!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/195?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.