IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 219.
#9651 1 year ago
Quoted from Biju:

Do you have a target score in mind?
(Side note, I'm pretty sure I've watched your Youtube videos--thanks for putting those out!)

1 billion in comp and I’m happy.

Thanks for the support!!

#9652 1 year ago

Just checked in on Shadow prices...because why not. Are Shadows really going for 6-7K right now? non-restored?

#9653 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just checked in on Shadow prices...because why not. Are Shadows really going for 6-7K right now? non-restored?

If you can get a deal. More toys and fun than Toy Story 4, but at half the price.

#9654 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

If you can get a deal. More toys and fun than Toy Story 4, but at half the price.

Exactly. 6-7k seems to be the going price for The Shadow, same with Congo, both great tournament games as well.

#9655 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Exactly. 6-7k seems to be the going price for The Shadow, same with Congo, both great tournament games as well.

I hear value goes up if you have the elusive, out of print cityscape decal

#9656 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

In comp it’s mostly vengeance all day. Just let the modes happen is usually my strat.

I thought the Comp play was left orbit to inner loop,I think there was a Bowen kerns(is that the right name?) video. There is some scoring bug that leads to big points by repeating loops

#9657 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Seems crazy. Seems like not too long ago, the game broke the 4k mark, then recently the 5k mark. I've got a copy, just haven't looked at prices for it recently because I'm not in the market to sell currently. But at these prices...

#9658 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I thought the Comp play was left orbit to inner loop,I think there was a Bowen kerns(is that the right name?) video. There is some scoring bug that leads to big points by repeating loops

Sure if you can keep doing left orbit to inner loop combos. Bowen tends to make very difficult tasks look easy.

#9659 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I hear value goes up if you have the elusive, out of print cityscape decal

Somebody should print some then!

#9660 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Somebody should print some then!

I have an unused decal that I would sell for cost.

EDIT: SOLD

20210803_154417 (resized).jpg20210803_154417 (resized).jpg

#9661 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It is STILL underpriced. I think people are really starting to realize that.

I have long said it, but it this were a different theme (matrix, back to the future, Jaws, etc)...it would be a $12,000+ game. Easily.

#9662 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have long said it, but it this were a different theme (matrix, back to the future, Jaws, etc)...it would be a $12,000+ game. Easily.

I’m fortunate because I love the Shadow theme. Grew up on listening to reruns of the old time radio broadcast.

#9663 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’m fortunate because I love the Shadow theme. Grew up on listening to reruns of the old time radio broadcast.

I am right there with you. I listened to the radio shows, owned some of the comics, and I even enjoyed the movie (though, I will admit it is campy)

#9664 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

I have an unused decal that I would sell for cost.
[quoted image]

PM sent!

#9665 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Agreed, underpriced but certainly not underrated! Still a game people love to play when they come over, even if it sits next to modern Stern titles! It's just fun!! (Having said that, I would certainly go for another Bally to put next to Shadow!)

#9666 1 year ago

I've always said Brian Eddy is a genius and The Shadow is his masterpiece.

#9667 1 year ago

If you could have one machine, godzilla or shadow, which would you choose? I just won project pinball raffle and as much as I love my shadow I will probably be selling it since I dont have the space.

#9669 1 year ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

If you could have one machine, godzilla or shadow, which would you choose? I just won project pinball raffle and as much as I love my shadow I will probably be selling it since I dont have the space.

Godzilla is quickly becoming the best game Stern ever made.

The 90's B/W's don't stand a chance against the code thats in the games today.

#9670 1 year ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

Funny, The Shadow was supposed to be my in-between game until I get my GZ Premium however I'm beginning to think I might just need to make more space in the garage because I don't want to sell it.

#9671 1 year ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

Congrats! Godzilla Premium of course. I love my Shadow and I intend to keep it, but it just doesn't compare with modern games, code, screen, etc. If it's a space issue, sell Shadow (shouldn't be hard to find a taker!)

#9672 1 year ago

Shadow and Godzilla Premium are the only 2 machines I currently have setup! Shadow is new and interesting so I've been playing it a lot lately. But then I go over to Godzilla and realize what a masterpiece it is. Godzilla all the way is my answer. And while I'm on this, my next favorite would be Walking Dead. It is brutal, but wow, when you get it going, it is an adrenaline rush!

#9673 1 year ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

I think I might be leaning towards The Shadow. Don't get me wrong, I like Spike 2 games, but I think they all feel very similar. I have two (Elvira LE and Star Wars Comic Premium). The SW was just sold to pick something else. Not sure what that is going to be at the moment but likely a 90's classic Bally / Williams.

#9674 1 year ago

Funny enough I'm considering selling my Shadow to buy a GZ premium if anyone in Australia is interested?

#9675 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Beautiful example! That cost makes sense for a restored game with new pf. Some average condition 90’s pins are going for more than the Shadow, and this game has been undervalued for a long time. It was my Shadow I sold in 2019 that caused me to turn off comments after that. I listed it for $4150, with color DMD and Aurich alt package, in very good condition, and price police tried to pull me over. Mine even had no Sanctum wear. I bought that example back for $4200 a few months later. Still have it! Awesome game.

Quoted from Pinkitten:

Beautiful example! That cost makes sense for a restored game with new pf. Some average condition 90’s pins are going for more than the Shadow, and

I don't think its a realistic approach.

Quoted from ruzeo:

I would trade my shadow for godzilla seven ways from sunday.

#9676 1 year ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I would trade my shadow for godzilla seven ways from sunday.

Ha! Never hear that expression before!

#9678 1 year ago

Those do look great, but I have to wonder if anyone does the white pearlized look that matches the guns in the movie?

#9679 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Those do look great, but I have to wonder if anyone does the white pearlized look that matches the guns in the movie?

I’d like the white pearl as well. It’s a nice contrast to the rest of the cabinet colors also.

#9680 1 year ago

I like the pearl look also .. have it on my Shadow.

Screenshot_20220706-193130_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220706-193130_Chrome (resized).jpg
#9681 1 year ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

I like the pearl look also .. have it on my Shadow.
[quoted image]

I think they mean white peal, not the gray that is stock.

30B047F8-ED4F-4CF4-A03B-91BCED4A170D (resized).jpeg30B047F8-ED4F-4CF4-A03B-91BCED4A170D (resized).jpeg
#9683 1 year ago

Thoughts:
I am pretty strict on WPC games: if I'm going to LED them, I want to do it right. What that means to me is doing warm white throughout the GI, then Sunlight or Warm White throughout all the inserts, Frosted 1SMD usually, WITH AND ONLY WITH the LEDOCD Gi and Insert board. The attract light show on games with large inserts is too good to fuck with, and the GI dimming is awful when not using the LEDOCD boards. If a client asks me to shop out their game and do a full LED package, I will insist that they also get the LEDOCD boards.

I played the shadow recently at a convention and noticed that the inserts didn't look that bad without the LEDOCD boards. The attract show lighting isn't as sweepingly interesting feeling as most WPC games.

This got me thinking as well: in what moments does the GI dim on this game? I know it dims during the multiball startup sequence, but are there any moments where the GI dims during gameplay?

#9684 1 year ago

Picking up a Shadow tomorrow; anyone know where I can get security plugs like pic instead of just looking at empty holes TIA!!

89d4dc7c253f36a6dcf743d9c2faf1399f2a5a45 (resized).jpg89d4dc7c253f36a6dcf743d9c2faf1399f2a5a45 (resized).jpg
#9685 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Picking up a Shadow tomorrow; anyone know where I can get security plugs like pic instead of just looking at empty holes TIA!!
[quoted image]

Any hardware store. Those are just carriage bolts. Paint them black if you want them to blend better.

#9686 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Any hardware store. Those are just carriage bolts. Paint them black if you want them to blend better.

Thanks.

#9687 1 year ago

On the right it looks as if there's a washer? Sorry...

#9688 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

On the right it looks as if there's a washer? Sorry...

Yeah, that is just a washer. The washer is probably just being unused to cover up art damage. It is optional.

#9689 1 year ago

Doing some summer cleaning and how easy/hard is it to replace an insert decal? Of course there aren’t any for sale so if anyone has any suggestions where I can locate one, I would appreciate it.

4E32E056-F816-459D-B4EA-4463827904D2 (resized).jpeg4E32E056-F816-459D-B4EA-4463827904D2 (resized).jpeg
#9690 1 year ago

That’s not a decal. Decals are used with then insert is badly worn enough that all the wording is gone. I don’t know of anyway to fix this. I would simply cover it with Mylar so I doesn’t get worse. I think the factory printed directly onto the playfields back then.

#9691 1 year ago

I'd use a syringe to back fill that insert with a clear epoxy or resin before covering it with mylar, otherwise that milky part is going to crack off. The syringe is an easily controlled way to apply it, you won't be able to get the syringe underneath it.

#9692 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I'd use a syringe to back fill that insert with a clear epoxy or resin before covering it with mylar, otherwise that milky part is going to crack off. The syringe is an easily controlled way to apply it, you won't be able to get the syringe underneath it.

remf you could try creating and printing a waterslide decal.

#9693 1 year ago

Thanks for the input everyone! I might try to see if I can use the water slide decal or similar method jonesjb suggested. I have a cricket stencil/label printer that can print on any material. I’ll try to print it directly on mylar or similar material and see which one works best. It looks like there is a circular seam around it so Ill see what I can do.

Can someone send me a high res close up pic of that section when you have time? Appreciate it.

#9694 1 year ago

I've always said Brian Eddy is a genius and The Shadow is his masterpiece.

Eddy is a master and The Shadow is his geniuspiece!

#9695 1 year ago

I just picked up my Shadow a couple weeks ago. It needed a TON of work and still has a long way to go but it is starting to become fun again. This machine came with the awesome Aurich alt translite but still has the ugly original speaker panel below it. This might be a long shot but does anyone have a copy the Aurich speaker panel laying around that you're willing to sell or trade? PM me

#9696 1 year ago
Quoted from skuuun:

might be a long shot but does anyone have a copy the Aurich speaker panel laying around

Did you message Aurich? Worth a try. Congrats on your addition. The Shadow is a 90’s classic.

#9697 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Did you message Aurich? Worth a try. Congrats on your addition. The Shadow is a 90’s classic.

Thanks! Did that too, figured I'd put out some feelers here too the game is so dang fun! It's going to be more of a restoration than a shop job, though. Lots to rebuild!

#9698 1 year ago

What's with the hate for the original translite? I don't get it.

Only art package I've seen that looks like it fits the game...

#9699 1 year ago

Not that it’s bad, I just like the Aurich package better.

#9700 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

What's with the hate for the original translite? I don't get it.
Only art package I've seen that looks like it fits the game...

I think it's because the playfield art is more like the comic/radio show whereas the translight is from the movie. So, they kind of clash in style. Aurich's translight matches the playfield art more so it looks more like it belongs as a cohesive art package.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/194 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.