IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 219.
#9551 1 year ago

I feel kind of odd calling this one a victory, but you know what change has made the mode difference with the magnet issue? New balls...

#9552 1 year ago

Is there a difference in the plastics sets I see available everywhere? I trust Marco for quick shipping. I’m missing these clear plastics totally and have many cracked.

39936775-93DE-4826-80F5-3FE64C84D744 (resized).jpeg39936775-93DE-4826-80F5-3FE64C84D744 (resized).jpeg3BC2C0AE-AFFF-44AA-BA4A-3D6FB17963CB (resized).jpeg3BC2C0AE-AFFF-44AA-BA4A-3D6FB17963CB (resized).jpeg
#9553 1 year ago

I don’t this those clear plastic protectors under the printed plastics are stock.

#9554 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t this those clear plastic protectors under the printed plastics are stock.

I see them as a part of a plastic set. Is CPR the name brand Marco stocks? Hmm…

#9555 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I see them as a part of a plastic set. Is CPR the name brand Marco stocks? Hmm…

Oh I see. The repro set has them?

I would assume the set that Marco has is a reproduction set. Could be CPR. Not sure.

#9556 1 year ago

Doesn’t look like CPR comes with the plastic protectors for underneath the plastics.

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/shadow-2/

#9557 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Doesn’t look like CPR comes with the plastic protectors for underneath the plastics.
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/shadow-2/

Was talking about the anti-ballstuck plastics lol, my bad.

#9558 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Was talking about the anti-ballstuck plastics lol, my bad.

I wouldn’t expect those in any plastic set either.

But looks like CPR has them in it. Or at least the ones in your pictured area. Maybe email Marco and confirm it’s the cpr set.

#9559 1 year ago

CPR usually has all the clear plastics from the original set; they don't do the plastic protectors that go underneath. that is an aftermarket item. In CPR's picture, they have the two kidney shaped plastics that I think you're all referring to. They should also include any other clear plastics from that game that came originally.

#9560 1 year ago

The set Marco has is absolutely the set from CPR. Be warned though: the color isn't great. The blues are way too light and the fading details in the main large "sunset" plastics have a gradient rather than the nice half toning that came with the original pieces.

I've also found that the black stand off posts that hold in the airball plastics and any other bits don't fit snugly like they should. With new standoff posts or the old ones.

Much stronger though. That's nice.

The CPR set (available from CPR or Marco) includes all airball plastics.

If you order on Thursdays Marco offers free shipping on orders over $99.

#9561 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wouldn’t expect those in any plastic set either.
But looks like CPR has them in it. Or at least the ones in your pictured area. Maybe email Marco and confirm it’s the cpr set.

Quoted from radial_head:

The set Marco has is absolutely the set from CPR. Be warned though: the color isn't great. The blues are way too light and the fading details in the main large
"sunset" plastics have a gradient rather than the nice half toning that came with the original pieces.
I've also found that the black stand off posts that hold in the airball plastics and any other bits don't fit snugly like they should. With new standoff posts or the old ones.
Much stronger though. That's nice.
The CPR set (available from CPR or Marco) includes all airball plastics.

Nice info fellas. Will place the Order Thursday. Thanks.

#9562 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Is this really a thing? I know they do that on holidays sometimes but every Thursday?

#9563 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Is this really a thing? I know they do that on holidays sometimes but every Thursday?

If you follow their with streams PinTech Live (which I highly recommend watching, I learn something new every time) they give out a free shipping code every thursday at 3pm est.

#9564 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

If you follow their with streams PinTech Live (which I highly recommend watching, I learn something new every time) they give out a free shipping code every thursday at 3pm est.

Cool - I'll have to grab the next one. Got an order ready to go.

#9565 1 year ago

I actually printed those and did 2 different colors/styles. If enough interest could do more for Chris.

#9566 1 year ago

For any one following my shadow beating.

Made it to the final yesterday. Had a couple shots left and blew it.

Nice score though. Even with a switch acting up.

74E21DEC-5356-4FEE-92A6-A9DF68F367E1 (resized).jpeg74E21DEC-5356-4FEE-92A6-A9DF68F367E1 (resized).jpeg
#9567 1 year ago

Dang! Would that switch have prevented you from finishing battle? That’s my worst nightmare. Haha.

#9568 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dang! Would that switch have prevented you from finishing battle? That’s my worst nightmare. Haha.

Ya probably. I need to save up for some MRS or whatever theyre called switches.

#9569 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Ya probably. I need to save up for some MRS or whatever theyre called switches.

Yes you do!!

Matt

#9570 1 year ago

My Shadow stopped working
On power up, the display does not show anything and multiple controlled lamps on the pf are out.
If I press the flipper buttons in attract mode, I do hear attract sounds.
Pressing the start button does nothing.

Anyone have any clue what is going on here? Did not move or touch the game in a month.
Here is a video:

#9571 1 year ago

Did you do the normal stuff like check the fuses and reseat the ribbon cables? Looks like a ribbon cable issue to me.

#9572 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Did you do the normal stuff like check the fuses and reseat the ribbon cables? Looks like a ribbon cable issue to me.

Yes, all fuses ok and reseated the ribbon cables.
Funny thing is: I powered it on again today, and all seems fine
Maybe a temporary short or a component on its way out or something?

20220529_195505 (resized).jpg20220529_195505 (resized).jpg

#9573 1 year ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

My Shadow stopped working
On power up, the display does not show anything and multiple controlled lamps on the pf are out.
If I press the flipper buttons in attract mode, I do hear attract sounds.
Pressing the start button does nothing.
Anyone have any clue what is going on here? Did not move or touch the game in a month.
Here is a video:

Quoted from RobDutch:

Yes, all fuses ok and reseated the ribbon cables.
Funny thing is: I powered it on again today, and all seems fine
Maybe a temporary short or a component on its way out or something?
[quoted image]

When you had the issue, did you try turning it off and powering it on again? Did it power on again with the same issue?

The fact that there were multiple symptoms (some of the controlled lamps were out, the machine wouldn't start a game and the DMD had no images), tends to indicate a CPU board issue or possibly power. If it occurs again measure the voltage at each of the TP on the power driver board, just to rule this out. Power the game off, press on any socketed chips on the CPU board and try powering on again

#9574 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

When you had the issue, did you try turning it off and powering it on again? Did it power on again with the same issue?
The fact that there were multiple symptoms (some of the controlled lamps were out, the machine wouldn't start a game and the DMD had no images), tends to indicate a CPU board issue or possibly power. If it occurs again measure the voltage at each of the TP on the power driver board, just to rule this out. Power the game off, press on any socketed chips on the CPU board and try powering on again

When I had the problem I shut off the game and powered it on again: same issue.
If the issues occur again, I will measure the test points and try pressing the socketed chips.
Thanks!

#9575 1 year ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

When I had the problem I shut off the game and powered it on again: same issue.
If the issues occur again, I will measure the test points and try pressing the socketed chips.
Thanks!

Mine started doing strange things the other day, including resetting while playing. I pulled every connector and cleaned the socket and connector with Deoxit d5 and I haven’t had any problems since. I also had a similar issue on my Monopoly and did the same thing (cleaned connectors) as well as reflowed the solder on all the headers on the power driver board and cpu/sound board. So, you might try cleaning first and if that doesn’t work you might try reflowing solder..

#9576 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Mine started doing strange things the other day, including resetting while playing.

I got Kahr daughterboards in all my games because I had one game with reset issues and said never again.

#9577 1 year ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

I got Kahr daughterboards in all my games because I had one game with reset issues and said never again.

I did look at those. However, in my case, I don’t think that would have helped as the 5 volt was good. But, still might be worth getting just for peace of mind.

#9578 1 year ago

Hi guys! I'm looking for a complete Shadow mini playfield. A close friend gave me his Shadow he bought as project and mini playfield have been completely ripped off for donor. In case you know someone who would like to sell complete miniplayfield(in any condition), please PM me! Thanks in advance!

#9579 1 year ago
Quoted from FlashBFD:

Hi guys! I'm looking for a complete Shadow mini playfield. A close friend gave me his Shadow he bought as project and mini playfield have been completely ripped off for donor. In case you know someone who would like to sell complete miniplayfield(in any condition), please PM me! Thanks in advance!

EBay

#9580 1 year ago

There is no complete playfield for shadow on eBay, I’m monitoring it all the time. There was one from Australia, but it wasn’t complete.

#9581 1 year ago

The sun is shining, but the ice is slippery...

I can't seem to find anywhere in the manual that indicates which stand off posts are supposed to be supporting the in-lane guides... mine clearly have 9 of the same and 3 shorter ones.

Anybody know off the top of their head which size these SHOULD be and/or where in the manual it points out the position for these?

IMG_6054 (resized).JPGIMG_6054 (resized).JPG
#9582 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

The sun is shining, but the ice is slippery...
I can't seem to find anywhere in the manual that indicates which stand off posts are supposed to be supporting the in-lane guides... mine clearly have 9 of the same and 3 shorter ones.
Anybody know off the top of their head which size these SHOULD be and/or where in the manual it points out the position for these?
[quoted image]

The manual doesn't contain that level of detail, however the parts list (downloadable from https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2528) shows the bill of materials for the different assemblies - so this would be where I'd suggest looking.

From a quick squiz at my machine, there are 3 taller spacers on each in-lane return with the plastic sitting slightly higher than the top of the flipper. There are 4 smaller spacers on the clear plastic stack near the right mongol, there are 4 small spacers on the clear plastic that sits behind the left diverter (almost underneath the mini-PF) and there seems to be 2-3 spacers on a plastic on the right-hand side towards the back of the PF under the wireform.

#9583 1 year ago

Just made me some mods for my shadow. I didn't like the ugly beige chunk on the upper playfield so created the car from scratch, als added 2 phurba heads to cover the optos. Set is available on Etsy or you can contact me here.
A special thank you goes out to Frank Appio from https://fluxaxiom.com/ who let me use his original 3d design for the Phurba faces.
281264973_568635604880534_4745745776541205078_n (resized).jpg281264973_568635604880534_4745745776541205078_n (resized).jpg282297004_746411239731757_3606028177600977610_n (resized).jpg282297004_746411239731757_3606028177600977610_n (resized).jpg282695799_1054102972202652_3397573189900511908_n (resized).jpg282695799_1054102972202652_3397573189900511908_n (resized).jpg283349307_755028639008680_3003540037180395733_n (resized).jpg283349307_755028639008680_3003540037180395733_n (resized).jpg284826752_986643992026074_1868368270103360042_n (resized).jpg284826752_986643992026074_1868368270103360042_n (resized).jpg285109150_567406118058426_4068374921081319703_n (resized).jpg285109150_567406118058426_4068374921081319703_n (resized).jpg

#9584 1 year ago

Those are amazing! Will you be making those to sell, or a 3D print file?

#9585 1 year ago

Wow, I would like to see this in Higher definition.

#9586 1 year ago

My sound seems to be heavily weighted to the backbox speakers.

Are there any adjustments in the settings that can be made to balance out between the head and cabinet speakers?

Thanks for any feedback.

#9587 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Those are amazing! Will you be making those to sell, or a 3D print file?

You can find them on Etsy and will become available on pinballmods.co for US customers.

#9588 1 year ago
Quoted from Pvdj446:

You can find them on Etsy and will become available on pinballmods.co for US customers.

Very cool!!
Are there lamps behind the headlights?

#9589 1 year ago

Looking to join the club again. Anyone selling near MD lmk. Seems half the shadow out there have the aurich set. But if I find one without are these still available?

#9590 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

But if I find one without are these still available?

Pretty sure Aurich did his last run over 2 years ago with no intentions of making more.

#9591 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Looking to join the club again. Anyone selling near MD lmk. Seems half the shadow out there have the aurich set. But if I find one without are these still available?

Quoted from ruzeo:

Pretty sure Aurich did his last run over 2 years ago with no intentions of making more.

If you are interested you might want to post your interest in Aurich's Shadow Translite, last call thread - his last post in the thread as of today was nine months ago. 4,247 originally produced and 2 years ago he stated over 700 made about two years ago, and he did more since then, so if not 1/2 of the Shadow's left, it is still a lot!

Quoted from Aurich:

No idea when/if such a thing will happen, really a matter of public interest.

#9592 1 year ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

Every time I think I've done my last run enough people pop up and I do some more. I'm never gonna declare it "done" just because, will just at some point stop making them from lack of interest, and that's fine.

And yeah, last run was 2021 I think. Maybe that was the last one, who knows!

#9593 1 year ago

Still chasing a speaker panel if there’s ever another run/ the translite I have seems a little light on the blacks so wouldn’t be surprised if it’s an aulrich copy vs the original

#9594 1 year ago

I joined the club a couple of weeks ago and am having trouble with my left ramp right made switch. I know this is a common problem and I have replaced the actuator with a long arm. Nevertheless, I still have the problem that either: 1) the ball can get hung-up on the actuator, or 2) the switch doesn't register.

Has anyone tried using an opto switch in this location? Is it even possible to have a normally open opto switch?

#9595 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

I joined the club a couple of weeks ago and am having trouble with my left ramp right made switch. I know this is a common problem and I have replaced the actuator with a long arm. Nevertheless, I still have the problem that either: 1) the ball can get hung-up on the actuator, or 2) the switch doesn't register.
Has anyone tried using an opto switch in this location? Is it even possible to have a normally open opto switch?

Search MRS switch in this thread. It's a pretty common mod. PM Sonic for details.

#9596 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

1__OTucWGzNjMeNaebauEXHw (resized).jpeg1__OTucWGzNjMeNaebauEXHw (resized).jpeg
#9597 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Search MRS switch in this thread. It's a pretty common mod. PM Sonic for details.

Thank you - exactly what I was looking for, but couldn't remember the name "MRS".

#9598 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Thank you - exactly what I was looking for, but couldn't remember the name "MRS".

Yep, I have very few "must have" mods in general. for this game specifically, for the left ramp right diverter switch, this is a Must have mod.

#9599 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Every time I think I've done my last run enough people pop up and I do some more. I'm never gonna declare it "done" just because, will just at some point stop making them from lack of interest, and that's fine.

I just joined The Shadow club and would like to be on your alt art list! I had your Stern Star Trek package and really liked it.

#9600 1 year ago

I can work on formalizing interest again and see how it goes, will put on my to-do list.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 37.50
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/192?hl=manny65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.