IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 219.
#9451 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

A Shadow just sold for 8k and another listed for 11k on the marketplace. Insanity going on.

11k this one https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/133031. I would look a little closer, look at the coin door alone, Looks like a spray paint rattle can job. Look at the frame of the coin door. They shut the door and just painted the front horrible color too, what does that match?

#9452 2 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

11k this one https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/133031. I would look a little closer, look at the coin door alone, Looks like a spray paint rattle can job. Look at the frame of the coin door. They shut the door and just painted the front horrible color too, what does that match?

Some sort of olive drab green I believe..

#9453 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

A Shadow just sold for 8k and another listed for 11k on the marketplace. Insanity going on.

Shadow is Brian Eddy's best game so it makes sense.

#9454 2 years ago

I mean, I may have just spent 9.5 on mine. I have already had people offer to buy it from me for slightly more. Ha I had one in the past and really missed it. I sold my previous shadow for 6.3 but this one is essentially fully restored and beautiful with new playfield and parts. Ha just have to fix that one incorrect coil. Definitely my favorite Brian Eddy game and a top three overall game for me.

EFA1CF17-00AD-4C54-A3E1-C443A01F9BCE (resized).jpegEFA1CF17-00AD-4C54-A3E1-C443A01F9BCE (resized).jpeg
#9455 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Ha I had one in the past and really missed it.

Never quite thought about having the flipper bats be yellow, but they look pretty cool.

#9456 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Never quite thought about having the flipper bats be yellow, but they look pretty cool.

What he said, looks pretty cool and balances with the yellow from the targets in the battlefield!

#9457 2 years ago

I mean, I may have just spent 9.5 on mine. I have already had people offer to buy it from me for slightly more. Ha I had one in the past and really missed it. I sold my previous shadow for 6.3 but this one is essentially fully restored and beautiful with new playfield and parts. Ha just have to fix that one incorrect coil. Definitely my favorite Brian Eddy game and a top three overall game for me.
[quoted image]

Beautiful example! That cost makes sense for a restored game with new pf. Some average condition 90’s pins are going for more than the Shadow, and this game has been undervalued for a long time. It was my Shadow I sold in 2019 that caused me to turn off comments after that. I listed it for $4150, with color DMD and Aurich alt package, in very good condition, and price police tried to pull me over. Mine even had no Sanctum wear. I bought that example back for $4200 a few months later. Still have it! Awesome game.

#9458 2 years ago

This New Topper Blows me away! The pictures just dont do it justice!

I added Purple side lit eyes, with the Whites nicely showing, and headlights on the car.
The RGB strip looks great in a light purple or cyan, bringing out the colors in the windows.

The eyes and headlights can stay on all the time and were created with Comet Matrix, and 3M repositionable
command strip. The headlights are warm white flex.

But, Ill run them with a Bulb splitter to GI, or insert. Ill post a vid when its done on game.

So Cool!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-productthe-shadow-topper#post-6809592
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg

#9459 2 years ago

Hi all - restoring a Shadow and need to find one part and would like to ideally find another - the part I need is the mini-playfield wire-form to serve the ball to the Battleground (Part number: 12-7241). A part I'd like to find is the pistol ball serve. If you have or know someone with either of these parts (ideally the wire-form as it's required to play the game) let me know!

#9460 2 years ago

I know it's a long shot, but I'm looking for the Aurich translight/speaker kit. Just got a shadow and of course I missed the final run. If someone has a extra please let me know!

#9461 2 years ago

I'm sad to be parting with this beautiful Shadow poster. It's an original from the 1940's - released for the serials. These are extremely rare, and only become available every few years. I bought it to accompany my Shadow pinball machine, but I'm having to let a few pieces from my collection go in Heritage's upcoming auction.

If anyone would like it for their collection, you can bid here: https://movieposters.ha.com/itm/movie-posters/crime/the-shadow-columbia-r-1947-very-fine-on-linen-one-sheet-27-x-41-/a/7272-86110.s
Shadow (resized).pngShadow (resized).png

#9462 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I'm sad to be parting with this beautiful Shadow poster. It's an original from the 1940's - released for the serials. These are extremely rare, and only become available every few years. I bought it to accompany my Shadow pinball machine, but I'm having to let a few pieces from my collection go in Heritage's upcoming auction.
If anyone would like it for their collection, you can bid here: https://movieposters.ha.com/itm/movie-posters/crime/the-shadow-columbia-r-1947-very-fine-on-linen-one-sheet-27-x-41-/a/7272-86110.s
[quoted image]

WOW! Pretty cool.

#9463 2 years ago

Hi. New to the shadow. I just got mine. Question. How or when the 4 rings lit up? Thank you.

#9464 2 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

Hi. New to the shadow. I just got mine. Question. How or when the 4 rings lit up? Thank you.

All 4 rings should blink in various pattern sequences during attract mode.
When you start a game they will all be blinking and as you shoot each of the ramp wireforms (left & right) they go from blinking to constantly on. When you get all four rings fully lit you'll start vengeance mode, where you need to shoot all four ramp wireforms again to get super vengeance jackpot. After vengeance mode finishes, all four rings will go back to blinking and you can start again

#9465 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

you need to shoot all four ramp wireforms again to get super vengeance jackpot

Yep, and if I recall super vengeance jackpots can be pretty lucrative.

#9466 2 years ago

So why mines never work? Is a light bulb There (I cant see it ). thank you

#9467 2 years ago

I just got them in Marco. Thank you!!!

#9468 2 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

So why mines never work? Is a light bulb There (I can see it ). thank you

This is the bulb https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=24-8855

#9469 2 years ago

Thank you!

#9470 2 years ago
Quoted from SpiderPinUK:

Hi all - restoring a Shadow and need to find one part and would like to ideally find another - the part I need is the mini-playfield wire-form to serve the ball to the Battleground (Part number: 12-7241). A part I'd like to find is the pistol ball serve. If you have or know someone with either of these parts (ideally the wire-form as it's required to play the game) let me know!

Little bump on this before I go down the route of modifying a demo-man wireform!

#9471 2 years ago

It's the (white) mini socket I'd like to find, quite unobtainium last time I checked.. looking to restore the way it originally was!

#9472 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

It's the (white) mini socket I'd like to find, quite unobtainium last time I checked.. looking to restore the way it originally was!

Those sockets had a tendency to fall apart after awhile. The bulbs got hot making the sockets brittle. Replacing them with LEDs is the way to go. Looks great and only cost pennies.

#9473 2 years ago

A Shadow I restored recently has intermittent issues shooting the ball up the shooter wireform. The playfield angle is around 6.5 degrees. I used a new spring and coil sleeve on the coil but did not replace the coil. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough that it is annoying. Has anyone tried a different strength coil in that location? Or maybe the current coil is "tired"?

#9474 2 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

A Shadow I restored recently has intermittent issues shooting the ball up the shooter wireform. The playfield angle is around 6.5 degrees. I used a new spring and coil sleeve on the coil but did not replace the coil. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough that it is annoying. Has anyone tried a different strength coil in that location? Or maybe the current coil is "tired"?

Which coil do you currently have in your game? Could it be your bell armature/plunger? Is the nylon tip worn down?

#9475 2 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Check that the kicker is firmly bolted to the playfield. Over time these can come loose, which lessens (and sometimes misdirects the point of impact) the strength of force on the ball. If I had to guess, I'd say this was the issue.

#9476 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Which coil do you currently have in your game? Could it be your bell armature/plunger? Is the nylon tip worn down?

Coil is AE-23-800. I did not replace the armature/plunger since it looks "good". But I'll replace to rule out since I don't have a new one here to compare to.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Check that the kicker is firmly bolted to the playfield. Over time these can come loose, which lessens (and sometimes misdirects the point of impact) the strength of force on the ball. If I had to guess, I'd say this was the issue.

Firmly bolted, no slop. This has been an intermittent issue since finishing the game last summer. I honestly can't remember if it was occurring prior to the restore or not (assuming it was).

#9477 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Those sockets had a tendency to fall apart after awhile. The bulbs got hot making the sockets brittle. Repla

Hi. Where you get leds for the rings? Thank you

#9478 2 years ago

The power going to the ring sockets is 5V and most LEDs run at 3v. In order to use them you need to add a resistor or buy some with resistors already added. There are a lot of vendors on eBay selling them with the resistors already installed. Just buy the brightest 3mm LED rated for 5 or 6 volts and wire them into the harness. I personally like the little two pin "matrix" connectors that Comet Pinball sells if you're missing the wires running to your rings. I also like white LEDS for the rings vs red because they are usually brighter. Run the LED into the ring and hot glue gun it into place. You will never need to mess with it again.

#9479 2 years ago

Got the new topper and installed it today, looks really good in person.

975E3F21-2BD9-4F1B-AA30-FD50B065EC30 (resized).jpeg975E3F21-2BD9-4F1B-AA30-FD50B065EC30 (resized).jpegA126AFDD-EFA7-4F0D-9F89-F77015E85D84 (resized).jpegA126AFDD-EFA7-4F0D-9F89-F77015E85D84 (resized).jpeg
#9480 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Degustibus et coloribus non disputandum est.
The translite is not the point....

umhhh yeah

Got the new topper and installed it today, looks really good in person.[quoted image][quoted image]

just not a fan, looks cheap

#9481 2 years ago

Got the new topper and installed it today, looks really good in person.[quoted image][quoted image]

#9482 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Ha, cool man. Thanks for the feedback.

#9483 2 years ago

Ha, cool man. Thanks for the feedback.

I think it looks sweet! I’ve been looking for a topper for this game for quite some time now. I’m definitely adding this to my purchase list for sure.

#9484 2 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Given that it's intermittent, it sounds more like a cold solder joint or a poor wire connection. I'd be doing more checking & testing before swapping out parts - inspect the solder connection of the coil wires as well as the coloured wires onto the coil lugs (look for any cold solder cracks and make sure they are good solder joints), check the J107-2 and J130-1 wire connections in the IDC connectors and reseat both the connectors, check the voltage at the coil (verifies the 50V power from the power driver board as well as the wire to the coil), verify the resistance of the coil, test the coil power by shorting at the coil, test the coil power by shorting at the driver transistor (the difference between these 2 tests verifies the return wire to the power driver board and connections).

#9485 2 years ago

What do you mean by intermittent? The ball just sits in the shooter lane or it gets fired up the wire form and does not make it to the top,?

#9486 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Given that it's intermittent, it sounds more like a cold solder joint or a poor wire connection. I'd be doing more checking & testing before swapping out parts - inspect the solder connection of the coil wires as well as the coloured wires onto the coil lugs (look for any cold solder cracks and make sure they are good solder joints), check the J107-2 and J130-1 wire connections in the IDC connectors and reseat both the connectors, check the voltage at the coil (verifies the 50V power from the power driver board as well as the wire to the coil), verify the resistance of the coil, test the coil power by shorting at the coil, test the coil power by shorting at the driver transistor (the difference between these 2 tests verifies the return wire to the power driver board and connections).

Thank you Manny for several things to look into.

Quoted from pinballjj:

What do you mean by intermittent? The ball just sits in the shooter lane or it gets fired up the wire form and does not make it to the top,?

Fires up, but does not always make it to the top to find its way to the right flipper.

#9487 2 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Thank you Manny for several things to look into.

Fires up, but does not always make it to the top to find its way to the right flipper.

Oh and it could be a mechanical issue (not electrical). It could be worth taking some slow-motion videos of the ball launch and compare those that fail against those that correctly launch, as it could be the ball is not being struck cleanly or it is being deflected when entering the wireform (reducing it's momentum) etc

#9488 2 years ago

Hi. Please can some one take a pic fro J120 in the driver board and post it for me? Thank you.

#9489 2 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

Hi. Please can some one take a pic fro J120 in the driver board and post it for me? Thank you.

Here's mine (she ain't pretty but is wired correctly)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/173#post-6362042

#9490 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Here's mine (she ain't pretty but is wired correctly)

Thank you!!!

#9491 2 years ago

Confucious said - Is the sun half shining or is the ice half slippery?

Calling all Shadow Agents for some help. I'm in the final polishing of a Pin2DMD colorization for the Shadow and I've going nuts trying to capture some animation frames I'm missing. In the Punish the Guilty mode, there is a scene on the bridge with a gangster is turning left/right and occasionally firing his gun. 90%+ of the time, this guy is on the left side of the screen. Very, very rarely the gangster with the gun appears on the right side in front of the car.

In order to do the colorization, I need to get the animation frames captured from a real pin or virtual pin. So far, out of countless times I've had the game set to capture on the real machine or the virtual - I've got exactly ONCE where the mode triggered with the dude on the right. Unfortunately, when this happened, Vengeance was also running and I got precisely 3 seconds of animation once the that mode ended before Guilty timed out (see the attached screenshot). The good news is that 3 seconds contains all of the frames needed to smoothly get the gangster colorized and animated turning left/right. Unfortunately, he didn't fire off any shots, which can be done in three positions, and I need to get those 3 frames.

Using Vpin, I can set the game to 1 ball and have made some wall "guides" to quickly get the shot into the mode start hole; but, even with that - I've only triggered the right side location once.

This is literally the only mode that's not finished in my project. I've got everything else colorized and simply need to work on the timing triggers. The attract mode needs some work on transistions; but, I'm so close now that it's frustrating to be minus these 3 frames.

Does anyone know if there is some sort of logic behind the gangster's position in this mode? I've tried holding buttons, divertor positions, and even thinking it may be something related to what ball is in play; but, I've got the mode before on 1 ball.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
punishtheguilty (resized).pngpunishtheguilty (resized).pngpunishtheguilty.gifpunishtheguilty.gifpunishtheguilty_rightside (resized).JPGpunishtheguilty_rightside (resized).JPG

1 week later
#9492 2 years ago

Anybody receive and install their Cliffy set yet?

#9493 2 years ago

Mine just shipped today.

#9494 2 years ago
Quoted from HooperTriplett:

Mine is fully installed. Pictures are earlier in this thread.

#9495 2 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Confucious said - Is the sun half shining or is the ice half slippery?
Calling all Shadow Agents for some help. I'm in the final polishing of a Pin2DMD colorization for the Shadow and I've going nuts trying to capture some animation frames I'm missing. In the Punish the Guilty mode, there is a scene on the bridge with a gangster is turning left/right and occasionally firing his gun. 90%+ of the time, this guy is on the left side of the screen. Very, very rarely the gangster with the gun appears on the right side in front of the car.
In order to do the colorization, I need to get the animation frames captured from a real pin or virtual pin. So far, out of countless times I've had the game set to capture on the real machine or the virtual - I've got exactly ONCE where the mode triggered with the dude on the right. Unfortunately, when this happened, Vengeance was also running and I got precisely 3 seconds of animation once the that mode ended before Guilty timed out (see the attached screenshot). The good news is that 3 seconds contains all of the frames needed to smoothly get the gangster colorized and animated turning left/right. Unfortunately, he didn't fire off any shots, which can be done in three positions, and I need to get those 3 frames.
Using Vpin, I can set the game to 1 ball and have made some wall "guides" to quickly get the shot into the mode start hole; but, even with that - I've only triggered the right side location once.
This is literally the only mode that's not finished in my project. I've got everything else colorized and simply need to work on the timing triggers. The attract mode needs some work on transistions; but, I'm so close now that it's frustrating to be minus these 3 frames.
Does anyone know if there is some sort of logic behind the gangster's position in this mode? I've tried holding buttons, divertor positions, and even thinking it may be something related to what ball is in play; but, I've got the mode before on 1 ball.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I did get this sorted out and the secret to getting the right side location was and is… Vengeance. It seems that starting this mode with it running will trigger the right side location each time, so for purposes of recording the missing frames I just needed to start it right at the end of Vengeance to allow enough time to get all the animation.

The colorization is just about completed. I’ll let everyone know once it’s finished.

#9496 2 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

I did get this sorted out and the secret to getting the right side location was and is… Vengeance. It seems that starting this mode with it running will trigger the right side location each time, so for purposes of recording the missing frames I just needed to start it right at the end of Vengeance to allow enough time to get all the animation.
The colorization is just about completed. I’ll let everyone know once it’s finished.

Amazing. Looking forward to the release. Will
Have to get another pin2dmd to upgrade into this machine

#9497 2 years ago

Just got to the “Secret Laugh Mode” and it was awesome! How have I only just learned about this hidden treasure? This game continually surpasses my expectations for a pinball machine.

#9498 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Amazing. Looking forward to the release. Will
Have to get another pin2dmd to upgrade into this machine

Thanks. It’s heading down the home stretch. Below is a video from a couple of weeks ago that I used to get down to a handful of gameplay sequences that needed tweaked. I did another video over the weekend that gave me 10 things to fix that I resolved after work today.

I only have to clean up the attract mode now. It has a bunch of transitions that will be hard, so it still may be a bit before I get it finished.

#9499 2 years ago
Quoted from HooperTriplett:

Cliffy’s arrived today.

#9500 2 years ago
Quoted from MG7322:

Cliffy’s arrived today.

Mine too! Looking forward to installation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/190 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.