5E65182F-F348-4686-8030-9DCF649345C9 (resized).jpeg
shadow left ramp view from playing position (resized).png
Shadow left ramp right side switch relocation (resized).png
21DAA9EA-9BF8-4EE4-81A9-C1051812244A (resized).png
TS ramp switches (resized).jpg
20211107_133626 (resized).jpg
F9BD34AE-3F12-483C-A2D5-359D4CDE1B8F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,112 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 183.
#9101 9 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Always glad to help! Pics are fantastic!
Matt
M&M Creations
"we don't touch your balls...."

Our restored Shadow has been in the extra ball lounge at Pintastic for a full day so far. Matt's MRS switch has worked flawless and the machine has had a ton of play. Thanks Matt, this setup works phenomenal.

#9102 8 days ago

On my shadow, the right eject seems too powerful and after being ejected the ball bounces off the orbit wall back into the hole…like more than 50% of the time. Sometime it ejects 4 or 5 times before it successfully stays out!

I thought maybe the wrong coil was in there but it appears 27-1200 is correct in the manual.

Does anyone have a similar experience or fix for this?

#9103 8 days ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

On my shadow, the right eject seems too powerful and after being ejected the ball bounces off the orbit wall back into the hole…like more than 50% of the time. Sometime it ejects 4 or 5 times before it successfully stays out!
I thought maybe the wrong coil was in there but it appears 27-1200 is correct in the manual.

I had the same problem on my Getaway. My simple fix: I put a foam "pad" under the playfield where the coil linkage would otherwise raise to almost touch the bottom of the playfield. This has the effect of minimizing the amount of travel of the linkage and armature, and reduces the power of the "kick" out of the hole.

Not perfect... or pretty... but it went from 10% working to 100% working.

#9104 8 days ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

I know it seems trivial but one or two turns on the back leg up or down makes a huge difference.

#9105 8 days ago

Anybody know where to buy ramp flaps for the two Shadow ramps? I believe Pinbits used to sell these but they are MIA now. Mantis only seems to make entire replacement ramps. My ramps look pretty good but the flaps could use replacement.

#9106 7 days ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Anybody know where to buy ramp flaps for the two Shadow ramps?

PinballSpareParts.com.au

Shipping to U.S. is via airmail and is around $20, but they have a wide array of flaps.

#9107 4 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I'm having a problem with my Shadow, it won't turn on. I'm hoping someone may be able to help me fix this issue. For reference, it started with a Distorted Color DMD and when I tried reseating the cables, a fuse blew. I replaced the fuse, but to no avail. Here's what happened...
My DMD was glitching like this: [quoted image]
I then saw on another thread that reseating these four spots might fix the issue. I did this: [quoted image]
When I turned the pin back on Fuse 112 on the WPC Power Driver Assembly (7A Slow Burn) popped. I then replaced it and tried turning back on. It stayed off.
[quoted image]
But right now, I'd like to at least get my Shadow to turn on. Is there anywhere in particular I should start, I'm at a bit of a loss. If anyone could help, I'd be very grateful.

Reporting back for anyone who may have a similar issue. So here's what happened (and how it was finally fixed):

-The original problem was a faulty DMD board, sending glitched signals to the DMD (The DMD was fine as per the settings mode which worked fine when activated).
-I didn't know this and reseated the cables. One cable I indeed missed the row incorrectly (the left most one to the Fliptronic board). This ended up frying the bridge rectifier.
-Re-soldering the bridge rectifier fixed it!

#9108 3 days ago

Good job on getting it fixed and thanks for updating

#9109 1 day ago

After 9 years of owning the game, I finally got sick of the ball jumping over the left ramp switch
Ordered a MRS switch from Sonic yesterday, will leave a review ones installed.

#9110 1 day ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

After 9 years of owning the game, I finally got sick of the ball jumping over the left ramp switch

LOL never say never

#9111 1 day ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Final testing and packaging as we speak!

Matt
M&M Creations
"we don't touch your balls..."

#9112 1 day ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

SUPER VENGEANCE will soon be yours.

There are 9,112 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 183.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside