IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 219.
#8751 2 years ago

Its come quite a ways since I started. Attached a pic of where we are today versus where I started two weeks ago.

20210802_193301 (resized).jpg20210802_193301 (resized).jpgIMG-0138 (resized).jpgIMG-0138 (resized).jpg
#8752 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I have the Mantis ramps and love them. Haven’t broke one yet.

Agree. I'm pro Mantis.

#8753 2 years ago

Hopefully your flippers are temporary. Those are Bally or stern flippers. Need to get the WPC skinny flippers.

Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Its come quite a ways since I started. Attached a pic of where we are today versus where I started two weeks ago.

#8754 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hopefully your flippers are temporary. Those are Bally or stern flippers. Need to get the WPC skinny flippers.

I got some new ones today to put in there when I'm ready.

#8755 2 years ago

Powdercoat didn’t turn out as metallic as I would have liked but still a vast improvement from the very aged and worn chrome. Close to movie gun colour, if I had lighter pearl grips it would look better I think.

B1B6F63B-C611-41B0-A06A-2E008581C34F (resized).jpegB1B6F63B-C611-41B0-A06A-2E008581C34F (resized).jpegDA12A987-F59F-4853-9D02-24BC13911174 (resized).jpegDA12A987-F59F-4853-9D02-24BC13911174 (resized).jpeg
#8756 2 years ago

My Shadow arrived yesterday. I’m now officially a member of the club! Great layout and game.

I haven’t been able to play it much so far but there are a few things I have questions about. One thing I notice is when the ball hits the magnet and is going to get pulled into The Sanctum, I hear a loud motor inside the cabinet activate until it is pulled inside. Is it normal for that motor to be that loud or does mine have an issue?

Also, one of the ring led lights is out. Does anyone know what type of led goes in there? I will need to order a replacement. Any advice or insight is appreciated.

6D2BD33E-8356-4E96-8788-F41A223AA946 (resized).jpeg6D2BD33E-8356-4E96-8788-F41A223AA946 (resized).jpegA49E9968-2435-4E91-9257-918A7DF6986A (resized).jpegA49E9968-2435-4E91-9257-918A7DF6986A (resized).jpeg
#8757 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

My Shadow arrived yesterday. I’m now officially a member of the club! Great layout and game.
I haven’t been able to play it much so far but there are a few things I have questions about. One thing I notice is when the ball hits the magnet and is going to get pulled into The Sanctum, I hear a loud motor inside the cabinet activate until it is pulled inside. Is it normal for that motor to be that loud or does mine have an issue?
Also, one of the ring led lights is out. Does anyone know what type of led goes in there? I will need to order a replacement. Any advice or insight is appreciated.[quoted image][quoted image]

Ring bulb
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24-8855

#8758 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

, I hear a loud motor inside the cabinet activate until it is pulled inside. Is it normal for that motor to be that loud or does mine have an issue?

No motor involved in that. Maybe the magnet is a bit loose and vibrating when energized? Should not really be much of a noise.

#8759 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

No motor involved in that. Maybe the magnet is a bit loose and vibrating when energized? Should not really be much of a noise.

Yeah, it is actually pretty loud and coming from inside the cabinet. Can the magnet cause that much noise just by being loose? It doesn't sound good. Could the coil issue that pops up be related (attached picture).

There are some issues that need to be worked out with this game inckuding the drop target switch in front of the battefield VUK. The ball keeps getting stuck on top of the drop target. Test menu does indicate a switch issue so hopefully that is the cause.

20210807_120918 (resized).jpg20210807_120918 (resized).jpg20210807_120924 (resized).jpg20210807_120924 (resized).jpg
#8760 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yeah, it is actually pretty loud and coming from inside the cabinet. Can the magnet cause that much noise just by being loose? It doesn't sound good. Could the coil issue that pops up be related (attached picture).
There are some issues that need to be worked out with this game inckuding the drop target switch in front of the battefield VUK. The ball keeps getting stuck on top of the drop target. Test menu does indicate a switch issue so hopefully that is the cause.[quoted image][quoted image]

I had that problem when I first acquired mine. Wasn’t sure if it was normal. It’s not.

I replaced the magnet and core and haven’t had a problem since. You might get the same result by just removing and reinstalling to make sure all is snug.

#8761 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

There are some issues that need to be worked out with this game inckuding the drop target switch in front of the battefield VUK. The ball keeps getting stuck on top of the drop target. Test menu does indicate a switch issue so hopefully that is the cause.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes pretty common for Shadow's to have the magnet noise when throwing the ball into sanctum lock - as other's have suggested make sure it's installed nice & tight.

The battlefield drop target is same as the single drop target on your IJ, while the extended wall target to Sanctum lock is a different mech. The drop target issues are common - firstly there is an adjustment screw on the bottom of the mech (red arrow in the pic) that adjusts the height of the dropped target to be flush with the PF, this will stop the ball getting stuck there. There are a number of reasons why there is a switch issue, often the switch actuator arm (in the green circle) gets bent or is in the wrong position - it works by the tab on the back of the plastic target (blue arrow) activating the switch.

Drop target assembly2 (resized).jpgDrop target assembly2 (resized).jpg
#8762 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes pretty common for Shadow's to have the magnet noise when throwing the ball into sanctum lock - as other's have suggested make sure it's installed nice & tight.
The battlefield drop target is same as the single drop target on your IJ, while the extended wall target to Sanctum lock is a different mech. The drop target issues are common - firstly there is an adjustment screw on the bottom of the mech (red arrow in the pic) that adjusts the height of the dropped target to be flush with the PF, this will stop the ball getting stuck there. There are a number of reasons why there is a switch issue, often the switch actuator arm (in the green circle) gets bent or is in the wrong position - it works by the tab on the back of the plastic target (blue arrow) activating the switch.
[quoted image]

This is great information. Glad to know these issues are common and very fixable. I will tfy to get these things adjusted and report back tomorrow. Thank you!

#8763 2 years ago

My Drops are sticking, but all works well in test.any ideas?

57012236-2537-4416-8A09-B70B10A9EAC8 (resized).jpeg57012236-2537-4416-8A09-B70B10A9EAC8 (resized).jpeg

66DF28A1-173A-47E9-BAB2-C1AD14A8F76B (resized).jpeg66DF28A1-173A-47E9-BAB2-C1AD14A8F76B (resized).jpeg
#8764 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You could consider replacing your drop target springs. The ones that pull the drop target down when hit, they can be replaced with slightly tighter springs that pull the target fully down. I had the same problem and for me, the solution was trimming the bottom of the decals on the drop targets. The decal was causing friction and didn’t need to be so long, since only the top 2/3 or so are visible. Lots of people have these same decals, so they should work fine, but for whatever reason mine worked better after that adjustment.

#8765 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Take them all out and clean thoroughly and put them back in. Make sure the springs are good too.

#8766 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Take them all out and clean thoroughly and put them back in. Make sure the springs are good too.

Great suggestion. I had a similar issue but with a good cleaning they work as they should now.

#8767 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This, yes clean them. It makes a big difference. I also put a little bit of wax on them.

#8768 2 years ago

Ok great suggestions. Just strange because all 4 get stuck "randomly" at the same height.

#8769 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Ok great suggestions. Just strange because all 4 get stuck "randomly" at the same height.

Best way to diagnose and fix is to take the battlefield completely out of the game and work on it at the bench.

#8770 2 years ago

I had issues with my drops and the target decals. I couldn’t get them to stop hanging up with the decals. I had to take mine off.

#8771 2 years ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

I had issues with my drops and the target decals. I couldn’t get them to stop hanging up with the decals. I had to take mine off.

I was wondering if the lip of the decal is stopping the drop…..gonna suck having to remove them. They look cool. Lol..well, if it has to done.

#8772 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I was wondering if the lip of the decal is stopping the drop…..gonna suck having to remove them. They look cool. Lol..well, if it has to done.

Should do this instead.

44C5D7EB-7229-45BB-98A8-46F79F274838 (resized).jpeg44C5D7EB-7229-45BB-98A8-46F79F274838 (resized).jpeg
#8774 2 years ago

I’m not kidding when I say this. It looks better than the decals. A lot better. Gasp!!

#8775 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m not hiking when I say this. It looks better than the decals. A lot better. Gasp!!

I’m not a fan of the decals either, proportionally the detail is too small for the general design of the pin.

#8776 2 years ago

Decals came applied on the drops and stand ups, they don't bother me one way or the other. I'm gonna take a look, wish me luck. Can't be to hard to take apart.

#8777 2 years ago

Yep. Very easy once the battlefield is out of the game.

#8778 2 years ago

Does anyone have an original translite and speaker panel that they would be willing to sell?

Thanks.

#8779 2 years ago

Did anyone see the new Suicide Squad movie? There was a scene in there that made me think of The Shadow pinball machine.

#8780 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Does anyone have an original translite and speaker panel that they would be willing to sell?

I’ve got an original translite I could sell, but no speaker panel. If anyone is interested in just the translite, pm me.

#8781 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

I’ve got an original translite I could sell, but no speaker panel. If anyone is interested in just the translite, pm me.

I have the original speaker panel, but no translite. We can bundle!

#8782 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Thanks.

I have my set sitting around after upgrading. If you are still looking throw me an offer

#8783 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Very easy once the battlefield is out of the game.

They had to go! All good now.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8784 2 years ago

I think kicking them to the curb was a good thing. The art doesn’t seem to match the game or the movie.

#8785 2 years ago

Thanks everyone, got one lined up.

#8786 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I think kicking them to the curb was a good thing. The art doesn’t seem to match the game or the movie.

I can’t believe how thick they where. They would have never worked.

#8787 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me what size led goes in the rings? One of mine is out and I need to order a replacement.

#8788 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Can anyone tell me what size led goes in the rings? One of mine is out and I need to order a replacement.

This bad boy: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24-8855

#8790 2 years ago

Wasn't playing my best game points-wise yesterday, but I managed to qualify Final Battle...

And f*ck me, my first attempt to make the mode hole shot and it ricochets off the post STDM, Ball 3 of course. I'm not a great player by any means and this would have been only my second time making it to Final Battle. Damn...

#8791 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Wasn't playing my best game points-wise yesterday, but I managed to qualify Final Battle...
And f*ck me, my first attempt to make the mode hole shot and it ricochets off the post STDM, Ball 3 of course. I'm not a great player by any means and this would have been only my second time making it to Final Battle. Damn...

You can start it on the side saucer right? If so, I’m glad mine allows you to hold up the upper flipper on left orbit shots and it puts it in the saucer.

#8792 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can start it on the side saucer right? If so, I’m glad mine allows you to hold up the upper flipper on left orbit shots and it puts it in the saucer.

I'm not sure. If the left saucer behaves like it normally would, when Kahn MB isn't available, then that would make sense.

#8793 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mines set up the same way. The best!!

#8794 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Mines set up the same way. The best!!

If I hold the flipper up after hitting the left orbit the ball goes down the left outlane, so you quickly learn not to that on my machine. I don't mind having to make the shot to hit the Kahn saucer, as it's more challenging to get through all the modes

#8795 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

If I hold the flipper up after hitting the left orbit the ball goes down the left outlane, so you quickly learn not to that on my machine. I don't mind having to make the shot to hit the Kahn saucer, as it's more challenging to get through all the modes

Yeah. I don’t need more challenge. Haha

#8796 2 years ago

Would anyone happen to have an extra plastic for sale?

A41E5E9F-DB6D-4D8C-9853-408DCA034966 (resized).jpegA41E5E9F-DB6D-4D8C-9853-408DCA034966 (resized).jpeg
#8797 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. I don’t need more challenge. Haha

The problem is ithere is ZERO challenge if you get the left saucer simply by holding up the upper flipper. Starting modes is the toughest shot in the game.

Making a left orbit isn't that hard and that's all you really need to know to make the center saucer with that setup.

You should be reaching Final Battle frequently if the upper flipper is a gimme. Would certainly make Super Jackpots less special too.

#8798 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

The problem is ithere is ZERO challenge if you get the left saucer simply by holding up the upper flipper.

If I was getting to final battle every other game, then I would agree. But I’m not. So I like the way mine plays.

#8799 2 years ago
Quoted from Lmjdad:

Would anyone happen to have an extra plastic for sale?
[quoted image]

I've got a few broken plastics on mine too, and sadly this is one of them. I'm going to pony up for a CPR set one of these days, in the mean time, check ebay. But my guess would be that this is a commonly broken piece.

#8800 2 years ago

Occasionally during MB, I'll get a ball into the battlefield, and it'll roll off but then get hung up on the plastics underneath. If I remember correctly, the plastics underneath aren't warped or anything. Does this happen commonly? Should I add a couple of extra washers to that clear plastic (to increase the pitch) so it rolls off easier? Usually during actual Battlefield, I'll just use the kicker arm to knock the ball back into play.

It doesn't happen often, but happens enough where it's annoying when you've got 2 balls in play, and one of them is hung up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/176 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.