IMG_0517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 219.
#8651 2 years ago
Quoted from Dennis_B:

Removed the diverters. Mechanism is bend but i can fix that. The lower left has a white post , this doesn't make sence as it isn't long enough to reach the hole on the ramp. The right diverter doesn't have a white post but has some rings which don't seem to be doing anything and was extremely wobbly. What is the proper way to install these ? Am i missing some parts ?
[quoted image]

I have owned several shadows and have a box of extra diverters and I have never seen that white piece

#8652 2 years ago
Quoted from Dennis_B:

Removed the diverters. Mechanism is bend but i can fix that. The lower left has a white post , this doesn't make sence as it isn't long enough to reach the hole on the ramp. The right diverter doesn't have a white post but has some rings which don't seem to be doing anything and was extremely wobbly. What is the proper way to install these ? Am i missing some parts ?
[quoted image]

In your photo the top diverter is correct. That metal washer should make contact with the top of your diverter bracket. It is designed to allow the proper clearance between the diverter and top of the the ramp. The bottom diverter shouldn’t have the nylon sleeve on it (at least mine doesn’t). Each of your diverter brackets have a metal sleeve attached to them that diverter rod goes through. If that is loose from wear you get a lot of wobble.

#8653 2 years ago

If the white nylon doesn't belong there , then wat is the groove for in the metal besides keeping the nylon from sliding down. It is floating in the air with nothing to connect to underneath the ramp if i do away with the white nylon. Could someone post some pictures of how their diverter rods are montaged underneath the ramp? Thanks !

image0 (5) (resized).jpegimage0 (5) (resized).jpeg
#8654 2 years ago
Quoted from Dennis_B:

If the white nylon doesn't belong there , then wat is the groove for in the metal besides keeping the nylon from sliding down. It is floating in the air with nothing to connect to underneath the ramp if i do away with the white nylon. Could someone post some pictures of how their diverter rods are montaged underneath the ramp? Thanks !
[quoted image]

That groove is where another one of those C washer things go. I forget what they are called.

#8655 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

That groove is where another one of those C washer things go. I forget what they are called.

E-clip

metallics-pins-rings-clips-807168-64_1000 (resized).jpgmetallics-pins-rings-clips-807168-64_1000 (resized).jpg
#8656 2 years ago

yes, i have these clips and figured out they need to be on these grooves but they are just floating in they air beneath the left ramp, i'm thinking it's supposed to be there because of the nylon slipping down.

#8657 2 years ago
Quoted from Dennis_B:

yes, i have these clips and figured out they need to be on these grooves but they are just floating in they air beneath the left ramp, i'm thinking it's supposed to be there because of the nylon slipping down.

I don’t think the left ramp diverter uses the clip. Mine doesn’t have one installed.

#8658 2 years ago
Quoted from Dennis_B:

Is that white nylon maybe part of a previous repair? Can you easily remove it? What does it look like underneath?

#8659 2 years ago

I think someone lost the E clip and put the nylon sleeve there because they didn't have the E clip to go back in place. The E clip is what sits on the top of the bronze bearing in the shaft that comes up through the playfield.

20210715_144532 (resized).jpg20210715_144532 (resized).jpg20210715_144614 (resized).jpg20210715_144614 (resized).jpg20210715_144634 (resized).jpg20210715_144634 (resized).jpg20210715_144648 (resized).jpg20210715_144648 (resized).jpg
#8660 2 years ago

Ah makes sense now. e-clip, looks like a washer underneath the e-clip and that rests on the shaft. Thanks for the pictures. That's a pretty looking mechanism. Wish mine was like that But i'll get there !

#8661 2 years ago

#epabs thanks for the pictures, does this part suppose to be straight ? mine is all bend up...

image0 (7) (resized).jpegimage0 (7) (resized).jpegimage0 (8) (resized).jpegimage0 (8) (resized).jpeg
#8662 2 years ago
Quoted from Dennis_B:

#epabs thanks for the pictures, does this part suppose to be straight ? mine is all bend up...
[quoted

[quoted image][quoted image]

The diverter crank arms are supposed to be straight. They take a huge beating and get bent and the pivot hole on the end becomes enlarged creating additional slop in the assembly. Extra strength versions can be found here. https://www.pinballlife.com/the-shadow-crank-arm-assembly.html
That is what is installed on mine.

#8663 2 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

The diverter crank arms are supposed to be straight. They take a huge beating and get bent and the pivot hole on the end becomes enlarged creating additional slop in the assembly. Extra strength versions can be found here. https://www.pinballlife.com/the-shadow-crank-arm-assembly.html
That is what is installed on mine.

thanks for the pics, your diverter arm shaft looks different than mine , am i missing the outer black shaft piece or is this a modification?

#8664 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

thanks for the pics, your diverter arm shaft looks different than mine , am i missing the outer black shaft piece or is this a modification?

I think he just painted his diverter bracket. Yours is the same minus the paint.

#8665 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I powder coated mine just because I couldn't get the metal clean enough looking.

#8666 2 years ago

Do these need to be straight to ? Both mine have a slight upwards bend. But both look the same and so clean that it looks factory.

image0 (9) (resized).jpegimage0 (9) (resized).jpeg
#8667 2 years ago
Quoted from Dennis_B:

Do these need to be straight to ? Both mine have a slight upwards bend. But both look the same and so clean that it looks factory.
[quoted image]

As long as they are going straight through the playfield so that your diverter sits correctly you should be fine.

#8668 2 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Having an intermittent problem on my battlefield single drop target hopefully fellow owners can help me out with. Replaced the small coil and the switch little over a year ago and the problem stopped but is starting to pop back up again. Coil to drop target fires fine sometimes and just pulses other times.
Here is a link to my thread which has a short video at the end
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-single-drop-error#post-6367010

Dug in a bit more and think I have this solved. The bracket above where the brass finger rests has started a small groove in it, when the coil would pulse the finger was stuck in the groove and couldn't move. Must get bent back over time because it was good for awhile after replacing coil and switch. Slight adjustment to the bracket and finger and it's been good so far.

So if you are having problems with your single battlefield drop make sure the finger is clearing
PXL_20210718_211851327 (resized).jpgPXL_20210718_211851327 (resized).jpg

#8669 2 years ago

I'm doing a limited run of my cityscape decal, I had two people on the list opt out so far, so if anyone wants one, first come first served (I'll be mailing the batch at the end of the week):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-shadow-cityscape-decal-for-back-board#post-6392386

#8670 2 years ago

Just joined the club with the purchase of a project machine. Im tearing it apart currently and cleaning and changing rubbers and bulbs ect.

Anywhere stateside I can get the sanctum decal?

Also anything else recommended while this is tore down? Mods or updates ect.

#8671 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Just joined the club with the purchase of a project machine. Im tearing it apart currently and cleaning and changing rubbers and bulbs ect.
Anywhere stateside I can get the sanctum decal?
Also anything else recommended while this is tore down? Mods or updates ect.

PM me your address. I have a Shadow Sanctum decal I can send you. Its the gray one with "To the Sanctum" script. PM Sonic about his MRS switch to to replace the left diverter/right wireform switch.

#8672 2 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

PM me your address. I have a Shadow Sanctum decal I can send you. Its the gray one with "To the Sanctum" script. PM Sonic about his MRS switch to to replace the left diverter/right wireform switch.

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice. I'll reach out to Sonic and drop you a pm.

#8673 2 years ago

Any recommendation where I can get decent decals for the Shadow? Or does somebody have cabinet scans?

#8674 2 years ago
Quoted from usul27:

Any recommendation where I can get decent decals for the Shadow? Or does somebody have cabinet scans?

www.pinballdecals.eu has nice Shadow cabinet decals.

#8675 2 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

www.pinballdecals.eu has nice Shadow cabinet decals.

If you are doing the entire cabinet, their decals might be ok, but if you are doing sections only, they don’t match well. Unfortunately, they seem to be the only game in town so their is little choice.

#8676 2 years ago

Ahhhhh. Thanks Aurich !!

2C57D11A-24A7-4E28-A20B-D233EFF3EBBC (resized).jpeg2C57D11A-24A7-4E28-A20B-D233EFF3EBBC (resized).jpeg
#8677 2 years ago

Does anyone have any good pics of this sanctum drop target area?

Not sure if the disconnected green and white wire (pictured) are part of this mech or a different problem to solve. Everything else on the machine looks pretty sound minus this area.

Appreciate any help provided!

20210718_230347 (resized).jpg20210718_230347 (resized).jpg
#8678 2 years ago

Not sure if the disconnected green and white wire (pictured) are part of this mech or a different problem to solve. Everything else on the machine looks pretty sound minus this area.

It doesnt look like the wall down switch has any wires connected to it so I feel pretty confident saying thats where those wires belong.

#8679 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

It doesnt look like the wall down switch has any wires connected to it so I feel pretty confident saying thats where those wires belong.

I think so too. If anyone would be kind enough to take a picture of theirs at some point then I will solder back on.

#8680 2 years ago

I think so too. If anyone would be kind enough to take a picture of theirs at some point then I will solder back on.

There’s a switch right above your wires in your picture. Wire it like that.

#8681 2 years ago

It's as per the manual (see the bottom left of the diagram)

TS Extended Target 1 (resized).JPGTS Extended Target 1 (resized).JPG
#8682 2 years ago

I reckon your wall target looks butchered.

#8683 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There’s a switch right above your wires in your picture. Wire it like that.

I have a target on order and will solder and replace hopefully this weekend. Thanks

Quoted from Manny65:

[quoted image]

Thanks for this!

Quoted from yellowghost:

I reckon your wall target looks butchered.

That it is. Looking at the diagram though I think I think I’ll be okay. I was worried about the mech at large, but think everything else will be fine now once I replace the target.

#8684 2 years ago

Working on this sanctum mech and curious of this copper band that was on the bottom of the original drop target. Do I need to try and salvage this and reattach? Is it necessary?

20210721_184404 (resized).jpg20210721_184404 (resized).jpg
#8685 2 years ago

Not necessary. That was to bridge the gap of the broken one I’m sure.

#8686 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not necessary. That was to bridge the gap of the broken one I’m sure.

Great news. I was concerned about that one. Thanks!

#8687 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

[quoted image]

Thanks for everyone's help. This piece has been fixed.

20210721_204323 (resized).jpg20210721_204323 (resized).jpg
#8688 2 years ago

It looks like I soon be joining the club. I'm excited and have been debating a few things I want to ask you guys since I'll be a newbie and don't know the game very well yet.
I know sanctum wear is very common. It looks like the Sanctum on the game I'm buying has some wear that has probably been touched up at some point. I noticed a round, green decal mod to cover any wear in that area and am debating whether that would be necessary and if you guys think it would be a negative there vs. a decal that color matches the area?

I'm attaching a picture of the area and whether you guys think any additional touch up is eveb necessary. Any insight is appreciated.
received_834126893886723.jpegreceived_834126893886723.jpeg

#8689 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It looks like I soon be joining the club. I'm excited and have been debating a few things I want to ask you guys since I'll be a newbie and don't know the game very well yet.
I know sanctum wear is very common. It looks like the Sanctum on the game I'm buying has some wear that has probably been touched up at some point. I noticed a round, green decal mod to cover any wear in that area and am debating whether that would be necessary and if you guys think it would be a negative there vs. a decal that color matches the area?
I'm attaching a picture of the area and whether you guys think any additional touch up is eveb necessary. Any insight is appreciated.
[quoted image]

That sanctum looks good to me (although hard to zoom in and get a clear view of it), but I don't think there is a need for the decal. If you wanted you could put mylar down to help protect the area

#8690 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

[quoted image]

Put Mylar over there and call it a day.

#8691 2 years ago

Looks really good from the photo. Buy the game, take the glass off and take a clearer picture of the area. But, looks minor for the game in general.

#8692 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Put Mylar over there and call it a day.

Thanks guys! I don't have the game yet and will post better pictures once I do. Glad to hear it appears things there look okay.

#8693 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

[quoted image]

Yours looks pretty good, so like most mods, it’s a matter of what looks good to you. Mylar will protect it. The round decal is only $5 I think, so might be worth grabbing one. Here is my sanctum before and after. I like the decal, some people do not. Great pin, congrats on getting one!

4DE50611-C020-4F83-ABF0-C3FEDDE9556A (resized).jpeg4DE50611-C020-4F83-ABF0-C3FEDDE9556A (resized).jpeg2D2FF591-289F-41FB-ADA1-BD7AE87AA7A7 (resized).jpeg2D2FF591-289F-41FB-ADA1-BD7AE87AA7A7 (resized).jpeg
#8694 2 years ago

Thanks for everyone's help. This piece has been fixed.
[quoted image]

wondering if that is the correct spring? i have a similar one but looking at the diagram in the manual it looks like it should be a smaller diameter?

#8695 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

wondering if that is the correct spring? i have a similar one but looking at the diagram in the manual it looks like it should be a smaller diameter?

Not sure either, but seems to function just fine.

#8696 2 years ago

Question as my game was partially disassembled"

What is the correct resting position for the the left and right ramps diverters? I'd like to get these back together this weekend but unsure of how they should properly sit when installing them again.

#8697 2 years ago

What is the correct resting position for the the left and right ramps diverters? I'd like to get these back together this weekend but unsure of how they should properly sit when installing them again.

I believe either way is fine.

#8698 2 years ago

Here's some pictures of my shadow, totally cleaned up the playfield, came out pretty nice. Changed the flippers to green with translucent rubbers. which i think looks really nice with the green on the bottom of the shadow. Currently my sanctum is under surgery. Hope it'll work out as it is my first time doing any of this restoring.

image0 (10) (resized).jpegimage0 (10) (resized).jpegimage1 (5) (resized).jpegimage1 (5) (resized).jpegimage2 (2) (resized).jpegimage2 (2) (resized).jpeg
#8699 2 years ago

Not sure if this is what you meant but one thing to note is that if you install the 2 coils the wrong way around (as in which is the left and right coil) then the position of the diverter won't match with the skill shot that is highlighted.

#8700 2 years ago

I just added these to my Shadow, that are a Brand New Product, and New Plastic Formula, that maintains optics,
and looks so cool!

Joe, formally of Laseriffic worked creating an Optically clear PETG, now in ramp covers and Plastic protectors.
They will be available from your favorite vendors like Cointaker, Pinball Life, Marcos, and Tilt.

Im really impressed with the appearance!

shadow cover (resized).jpgshadow cover (resized).jpgshadow cover2 (resized).jpgshadow cover2 (resized).jpgshadowcomp (resized).jpgshadowcomp (resized).jpgshadowcomp2 (resized).jpgshadowcomp2 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
There are 10,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club/page/174 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.